acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Any news when the new update will come out?
When it's done. :) I wouldn't count on this month, but next is what we are aiming for I believe. Hopefully not the end of the month as is our usual, but no promises atm. We are breaking in a new writer (in addition to myself and Cheeky who are still doing that part as well) and CellStudios our primary artist is busy trying to move into a new place (he promised to work harder if we let him out of the dungeon, best be true or he will be back in there faster than you can say "put the lotion in the basket!").

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

Hi All,

Just wanted to drop you an update on Episode 22 progress. At the moment, I don't have high confidence we'll get the update out by the end of February based on the amount of work we still need to complete, especially as I always seem to under-call how long the testing phase takes. So although we're still gonna scramble as much as we can, there is a likelihood that the release will push to sometime in March so I'd rather tell you now (before end of this month), rather than tell you a couple of days before we're due to release.

We're having some bottle-necks in our art department as our primary artist, Cell is moving house this month so we're a little behind. We also had a couple of set-backs where we've had to re-do complete scenes (as we just didn't like the lighting in the finished product). But Cell works like a man possessed (16 hours a day) and he has produced an insane amount of still images considering what's going on but my main concern is in animations where we haven't made much progress. Cell is doing the work of two people at the moment and we are struggling to find a second artist with the right skill level and speed to deliver what we need. For anyone that knows anything about DAZ animations, they'll know it can take a couple of days (or more) to produce a single 2-3 second animation.

And just so I'm not throwing shade on our art only, we're also behind on where I'd like to be from a writing/coding perspective but I think with 3 writers on the team, we should be good to catch this up over the next few weeks.

But this isn't one of those..."All is lost" / "we're months behind" posts...At the moment, we are only like 1-2 weeks behind schedule and there is still a few weeks left for us to try to get back on schedule. But as mentioned above, I'd rather let you all know early.

And to summarise this update, I thought I'd use a couple of teaser pics from EP22:
Note - these pics aren't finalized so there will be a couple of errors in there,

E22K_05.png

Even though we have put a lot of effort into EP22 and have been working hard...

E22LCD_01c.png

And the whole team have rolled up their sleeves and have their eyes on the prize....

E22K_04a.png

Not everything has gone to plan and we've had some unexpected mishaps (no matter how hard we were working)

E22K_20c.png

But with some continued focus....

E22K_76f_Camera.png

Things will be looking up soon....

Thanks,

CG

-----

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
CellStudios our primary artist is busy trying to move into a new place (he promised to work harder if we let him out of the dungeon, best be true or he will be back in there faster than you can say "put the lotion in the basket!").
Yeah, I wouldn't trust Cell, who knows how he will react to sunlight and the ability to go out the door. :cool:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
The only thing Monica says when you suggest a threesome with her and Zarah at the carnival is that Zarah isn't home so it isn't happening. I think we will get that scene eventually.

As far as the rest goes I'm pretty sure you are right about most of it. However the devs will crush my dreams in due time. No need for you to go with the preemptive kick to the balls of all us dreamers. :LOL:
Oh, she just loves to do that, almost since the game started, I wouldn't count on her stopping it anytime soon.
People dreaming of more than one LI or even *gasp* a harem in WTHI, seems to be a pet peeve for Avaron. You are going about it the right way, trying to take it with humour.

At least there is still a bit of hope that Cheeky and the team will do some sort of dream/impossible ending, after the actual game is done, that has been something Cheeky mentioned initially when asked about harem possibilities

Reactions: WhiteyG

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I'm not pre empting anything, devs confirmed and debunked a load of stuff going through the thread. By confirmed I mean by one of the devs not the game.

I don't do it to smash dreams like reminding people there is no harem, I do it so people don't go through the game expecting something to happen and then start complaining when it doesn't.

Like Become a Rockstar when they get caught cheating and they all dump the MC. So many people complained despite the dev saying there would never be a harem and cheating would end badly.

Also, same game, the whole Julia thing. They were told from day it would never have incest yet there are still people bringing it up years later with only 1 update left.

The family rules for A New Home. A group of people wanted them removing to get the family pregnant, some went as far as demanding the dev remove them but he's constantly said no and people constantly keep getting reminded.

People keep reminding folk of stuff, I keep reminding folk of stuff, because there are far too many people on F95 that can't handle things like an adult and if they don't get what they want they throw little tantrums.

Frankly I would rather repeat myself and become a fucking meme than spend 20 pages listening to people cry because they didn't get the family harem they demanded.
I personally can't wait for all the manwhores to get kicked in the nuts and cry. I've said it many times. Sure, Cheeky MIGHT do a non-canon harem ending, but, people shouldn't bank on it.

superman-ball.gif

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
Interesting sports. In general, it seems that sexual arousal releases testosterone, and as funny as it is, it is one of the ways to increase the effectiveness of your workouts.

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019

Hi All,

Just wanted to drop you an update on Episode 22 progress. At the moment, I don't have high confidence we'll get the update out by the end of February based on the amount of work we still need to complete, especially as I always seem to under-call how long the testing phase takes. So although we're still gonna scramble as much as we can, there is a likelihood that the release will push to sometime in March so I'd rather tell you now (before end of this month), rather than tell you a couple of days before we're due to release.

We're having some bottle-necks in our art department as our primary artist, Cell is moving house this month so we're a little behind. We also had a couple of set-backs where we've had to re-do complete scenes (as we just didn't like the lighting in the finished product). But Cell works like a man possessed (16 hours a day) and he has produced an insane amount of still images considering what's going on but my main concern is in animations where we haven't made much progress. Cell is doing the work of two people at the moment and we are struggling to find a second artist with the right skill level and speed to deliver what we need. For anyone that knows anything about DAZ animations, they'll know it can take a couple of days (or more) to produce a single 2-3 second animation.

And just so I'm not throwing shade on our art only, we're also behind on where I'd like to be from a writing/coding perspective but I think with 3 writers on the team, we should be good to catch this up over the next few weeks.

But this isn't one of those..."All is lost" / "we're months behind" posts...At the moment, we are only like 1-2 weeks behind schedule and there is still a few weeks left for us to try to get back on schedule. But as mentioned above, I'd rather let you all know early.

And to summarise this update, I thought I'd use a couple of teaser pics from EP22:
Note - these pics aren't finalized so there will be a couple of errors in there,

View attachment 1614373

Even though we have put a lot of effort into EP22 and have been working hard...

View attachment 1614374

And the whole team have rolled up their sleeves and have their eyes on the prize....

View attachment 1614376

Not everything has gone to plan and we've had some unexpected mishaps (no matter how hard we were working)

View attachment 1614375

But with some continued focus....

View attachment 1614379

Things will be looking up soon....

Thanks,

CG

-----
Things are definitely looking up

Reactions: HasbroMB
4.40 star(s) 324 Votes