BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
Just an FYI. I am of similar opinion that some games we cross-promote leave something to be desired, but I also have the luxury of having an informed opinion having played most of them and being overly-active here. Cheeky doesn't always have that and more often than not promotes games based on the number of patreons the game has (if people like it enough to sub it should be goodish usually right?) and the politeness of the dev who approached him to cross promote. On the occasions that a request comes through me first, I can give him insight on whether the game is actually good (IMHO) and the perception the community has of it so he can take that into consideration too.

So if we occasionally promote something you don't like or who has a "colorful" history with their game development, I hope you will give us a pass and them as well (this can be a brutal niche!). We also have gone out of our way to promote lesser known games who can't give us much exposure simply to help them get out there and promote the community in general or even because they were simply very polite when they asked (though we try not to oversaturate our patreon with promo's).
So if the next update cross-promotes Sex With Hitler, then we know who to blame?

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
It's just a cross promotion. Developers do it all the time. I don't believe personal feelings about the dev or their game have a lot to do with it. They simply promote each others game in hopes of picking up more patrons.
No, I get that, but it's like would you cross-promote your game with something like "Quiet Man" or "Ride to Hell: Retribution?"
There are definitely games I, if I was a developer, wouldn't want to be associated with.
And if I'm completely honest, if Cheeky does shout-outs aka cross-promotions for games he doesn't know or doesn't really believe are good, that is really not something I find all that great.

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
if im making game as good as this, and if im reliable as these guys are, i certainly wouldnt "cross promote" any shit (games/devs quality related), yet would chose those advertisements more carefully.
what could be next - cross promotion with icstor? his numbers could be on decline...or with gumdrop, etc, etc...
meanwhile, there are many good games/devs left in shadows, as those probably arent that aggressive as those shit-devs are, even when it comes to cross promotions.
my six cents only.
No, I get that, but it's like would you cross-promote your game with something like "Quiet Man" or "Ride to Hell: Retribution?"
There are definitely games I, if I was a developer, wouldn't want to be associated with.
And if I'm completely honest, if Cheeky does shout-outs aka cross-promotions for games he doesn't know or doesn't really believe are good, that is really not something I find all that great.
I get what you guys are saying and it's a valid point. i haven't played the game they were doing the cross promotion with and I probably won't. I don't pay to much attention to cross promotions. I'm sure they were just going off of number of patreon supporters more than was the game/dev any good. There is the other side of that argument though saying you are better off doing it with a lesser game/dev with a lot of supporters. This way you have a better chance of stealing their patrons then losing yours to them. :WeSmart: :ROFLMAO:

I don't know how often or how many games the development team for this have played. It's probably a good way to get some ideas, but you'd hope they are spending more time developing their game then playing others.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Just an FYI. I am of similar opinion that some games we cross-promote leave something to be desired, but I also have the luxury of having an informed opinion having played most of them and being overly-active here. Cheeky doesn't always have that and more often than not promotes games based on the number of patreons the game has (if people like it enough to sub it should be goodish usually right?) and the politeness of the dev who approached him to cross promote. On the occasions that a request comes through me first, I can give him insight on whether the game is actually good (IMHO) and the perception the community has of it so he can take that into consideration too.

So if we occasionally promote something you don't like or who has a "colorful" history with their game development, I hope you will give us a pass and them as well (this can be a brutal niche!). We also have gone out of our way to promote lesser known games who can't give us much exposure simply to help them get out there and promote the community in general or even because they were simply very polite when they asked (though we try not to oversaturate our patreon with promo's).
what are you referring to?

where did you send my Lily to promote you?!?!:cry:

p.s. "My sister, my roomate" and then what?

• Haha
Reactions: acewinz

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I get what you guys are saying and it's a valid point. i haven't played the game they were doing the cross promotion with and I probably won't. I don't pay to much attention to cross promotions. I'm sure they were just going off of number of patreon supporters more than was the game/dev any good. There is the other side of that argument though saying you are better off doing it with a lesser game/dev with a lot of supporters. This way you have a better chance of stealing their patrons then losing yours to them. :WeSmart: :ROFLMAO:

I don't know how often or how many games the development team for this have played. It's probably a good way to get some ideas, but you'd hope they are spending more time developing their game then playing others.
Ideas come from all sources. Ergo, I have no issue if they play other games. Some is personal some is research. Would you begrudge them reading a book if it meant they could find ideas there to use in the story. Pretty sure you would not. A VN/game is the same idea. And this team at least has a strong history of honesty and engagement with their audience. They also are pretty good at meeting their production schedule. IMO :)

I recently gave up on A Wife and Mother. The Dev is not engaging and never meets his stated schedule. The development cycle is exceeding 2.5 years per Playable Day. There are 18 Days left. I am not going to wait 45 years for the ending. It is already 5 years old.:(

Just a comparison.

Reactions: acewinz

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
Ideas come from all sources. Ergo, I have no issue if they play other games. Some is personal some is research. Would you begrudge them reading a book if it meant they could find ideas there to use in the story. Pretty sure you would not. A VN/game is the same idea. And this team at least has a strong history of honesty and engagement with their audience. They also are pretty good at meeting their production schedule. IMO :)

I recently gave up on A Wife and Mother. The Dev is not engaging and never meets his stated schedule. The development cycle is exceeding 2.5 years per Playable Day. There are 18 Days left. I am not going to wait 45 years for the ending. It is already 5 years old.:(

Just a comparison.
I did acknowledge it was a good way to get ideas, and didn't say they shouldn't spend anytime playing other games. However I was assuming (I'm aware very dangerous) that their own game would take priority over others. Not complaining about this game or how they spend their time in the least. It's not my business. This is one of my favorite games and I think they do a fantastic job of providing great content in a reasonable amount of time. (y)

Benares

May 12, 2017
does anyone know if you can make a harem in the game.
No, you can't, at least in the "canon" story.

As of now
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
but expect something nuclear in the future if Katie finds out you're fooling with her little sister, along the others

there was a discussion about an alternative harem ending, if that would be true, only the devs can say.

Reactions: Meh02
4.40 star(s) 324 Votes