Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
No, there is no season. It should be "rework part 1" and not "season 1"
1717341099931.png

There is a Season 1... partially.
The rework is part of the work on Season 1 which will be released on Steam, with Season 2 and 3 coming as well. Season 3 will also have Episode 25 in it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: FritzLn

JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
Is there a season 2
Not yet.

Here's the summary of what's been going on.
  • Dev finished Episodes 23
  • Dev decided to rework the first 10 episodes to make it marketable on Steam, calling it "Season 1"
  • Rework took longer than expected.
  • Dev halted Season 1 rework and completed Episode 24.
  • Dev resumed Season 1 rework
This is where the game is today, with Season 1 rework still ongoing.

What has been officially announced:
  • When Season 1 rework is finished, dev will complete Episode 25
  • When Episode 25 is finished, the original game will be complete.
  • When original game is complete, dev will start Season 2 rework for Steam.
Some things that are less clear to me, at least:
  • Is Season 2 the rest of the game or something less? I.e. will there be a Season 3?
  • The dev has mentioned epilogues and non-canon epilogues.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Does the walkthrough work with the latest download?
If you're referring to the old pdf it will get you on whatever path you want to be on if you are playing the CH24 version. If referring to the Steam Season 1 release, it probably still holds though I'm not sure exactly how much of the code Cheeky has changed in terms of gaining points in the early game.

Raizen84

Jun 20, 2017
lol another game that falls into Remastter or Rework, this gives a bad feeling instead of following the story because doing this atrocity.

The DEI virus is spreading here. Making women look horrible XD

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ApocalypseSurvivor

Mifuell

Dec 14, 2018
Not sure which is what been awhile since ive played this. But the top one for sure looks better to me. So yeah if the bottom one is a rework render it looks worst to me as well
It's the opposite actually. Top is new bottom is old. Maybe it is just me.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
lol another game that falls into Remastter or Rework, this gives a bad feeling instead of following the story because doing this atrocity.

I mean it's literally the opposite for this game. Considering there is 1 more chapter left till it's completed and the dev wants to put the games on Steam, so it actually makes sense to do it. Sure you can say he should of done it when the game is 100% done but it's not like other devs that do it when the game isn't anywhere near completed. Plus I think it probably makes a bit of sense to put it on steam now to gather some more potential interest for the game when he releases the final season on steam , as if I recall it's gonna be sold in 3 separate Seasons.

Reactions: Monaco1933

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017

:unsure:
That second sentence is the dumbest follow-up to the first one that could possibly have ever been written, and the first sentence is already oozing ignorance and stupidity as it is.

There are FOUR Picards!
Hold up, he dropped this... :FacePalm:

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
If you're referring to the old pdf it will get you on whatever path you want to be on if you are playing the CH24 version. If referring to the Steam Season 1 release, it probably still holds though I'm not sure exactly how much of the code Cheeky has changed in terms of gaining points in the early game.
There's quite a bit that's changed with the variables. He's slim-lined it. He has removed the GirlNameL variables and is keepin it as just their name variable. So:
Katie = xxx
and removed
KatieL = xxx

Plus addin the new scenes that were added which also have their own variables. The wt will have to be redone from scratch.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Maviarab

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
There's quite a bit that's changed with the variables. He's slim-lined it. He has removed the GirlNameL variables and is keepin it as just their name variable. So:
Katie = xxx
and removed
KatieL = xxx

Plus addin the new scenes that were added which also have their own variables. The wt will have to be redone from scratch.
Ahhh interesting. Thanks DS.

Reactions: Dark Silence

zaqrwe

Jun 29, 2018
Not yet.

Here's the summary of what's been going on.
  • Dev finished Episodes 23
  • Dev decided to rework the first 10 episodes to make it marketable on Steam, calling it "Season 1"
  • Rework took longer than expected.
  • Dev halted Season 1 rework and completed Episode 24.
  • Dev resumed Season 1 rework
This is where the game is today, with Season 1 rework still ongoing.

What has been officially announced:
  • When Season 1 rework is finished, dev will complete Episode 25
  • When Episode 25 is finished, the original game will be complete.
  • When original game is complete, dev will start Season 2 rework for Steam.
Some things that are less clear to me, at least:
  • Is Season 2 the rest of the game or something less? I.e. will there be a Season 3?
  • The dev has mentioned epilogues and non-canon epilogues.
So the this new release is complete rework of season 1, or not yet? Also to complete the game with just one more episode.. I don't see it happening. Too much characters to take care of. It will be either much longer, or many things will be left unfinished.

Reactions: Takkertje

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial Android port of Where The Heart S1-Beta-20240601.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my Android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like Windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11+), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

4.40 star(s) 324 Votes