mugizib

Jun 17, 2019
Katie literally fantasize you with other women. Monica was in a room with her friend with their underwears and MC. Also again it doesn't really fun experience when you need to constantly reject girls every 10 seconds in the game
Do you understand the concept of "Harem"?

• Angry
Reactions: Cernunnos.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
acewinz You are saying that the game's story doesn't fit harem but it's literally screaming Harem. Even some characters fantasize threesome's with mc. I just restart the game to go Katie only route but I realize that all the girls throws them to you ( especially monica). Like I needed to constantly reject someone and say bad things in order them to keep away from me. Like even when I give a positive answer they jump on me. So playing 'x' only route essentially feels bad since you reject so many people. So when you say 'this is not a harem game' I really get confused. Because this game exactly feel like a harem game. More than most of the harem games I've played. This game feels more harem than even games like Dreams of desire or sisterly lust. I don't get it
Hmmm. I thought we were more a cheating friendly game. Because if you avoid getting caught, you get to enjoy everyone. Same goes for if you date/fuck and then later break up, but if you foul up... like say
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and telling her the truth... well it doesn't end well. Same thing happens if you get caught
Just trying to go for realism. Nobody is saying you have to reject everyone, and I'm sure when the time finally comes to settle on one (or more, but not harem) girls. You will have plenty of forewarning to start wittling down the little black book. Although you got the first flag you might want to think about narrowing down during Elaine's car ride. Sorry if you feel mislead. Just trying to allow the most content per playthrough. Plus as I mentioned above, we might even be making that easier by incorporating Phal's quickstart mod.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Katie literally fantasize you with her sister.
So?

Monica was in a room with her friend with their underwears and MC.
And?

Also again it doesn't really fun experience when you need to constantly reject girls every 10 seconds in the game
Then stop playing.
I know it's a trite thing to say, but as I already said previously, you're purposefully blinding yourself to facts, just because you feel bad at having to turn a girl down. That's your problem, not the game's.

Bonhomie

Aug 20, 2018
Katie literally fantasize you with her sister. Monica was in a room with her friend with their underwears and MC. Also again it doesn't really fun experience when you need to constantly reject girls every 10 seconds in the game
Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and assume English is not your native language.

For a harem, all the ladies in the harem have to accept all the other ladies in the harem.

I suggest you go back over the dialogues and re-read what the ladies actually say.

If dialogue confuses you, then post up a couple of examples and we will explain the meaning to you.

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
Yes, the game asks for your top two choices. I picked both sisters. My hope is that with enough playful teasing and sexy shenanigans like the tanning scene, they eventually both develop more than sisterly feelings, and it all comes together. There are very few good lesbian incest stories, and these are such good characters. I'm hopeful this will be one of the available options. From what's happened so far it seems possible. I don't want a harem, I just want those two!

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Sorry Ace - we need Cheeky and his hilarious put-downs - they are almost as good as the game script.

I laughed more a few pages back, than I did in this chapter of the game.

;)
He is the hilarious bad cop to my good cop. :)

1591561329814.png

Now if we can only figure out how talk like Liam Neeson.... We could do voice-over instead of making games for pervs :D

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
5 Months of waiting for like 15 min of content... and nearly no progress in story or sex life.
Saw a comment like this popping up a few times in regards to the new episode and it's simply not true. It might be true if you have like one playthrough where you only go after one or two girls, but if you either have a playthrough where you go for all girls so far OR have several playthroughs concentrating on different girls, I can assure you there is far, far more than 15 minutes of content in the update.
I go through game updates relatively quick but it took me a lot longer to play through this one. It's a huge update, whether you like all the content or not.

I find the complaints that the Dev only included one sex scene in this update to be seriously misplaced. The fact that the Dev nods a bit towards realism and avoids going completely OTT (as in WVM) is a large element of the game's appeal. The balance in this respect is pretty spot on. Plus the teasing elements of these scenes are erotic and worthwhile.

Please don't change a thing WTHI team!
Eh, I would have agreed, if this was at the start of the game, but that you've possibly slept with all of the girls in this update, except for Elaine, makes it pretty weird that you only have sex with one, when you are in erotic situations with so many of them.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I shit you not I was, up to you to believe it or not, doesn't change much (just like me expressing my opinion here). But please get off my back with that "he's the messiah, an honest worker suffering to bring us joy, paying from his own pocket!". Just as soon as Cheeky began to gain wider support on Patreon he started delaying updates. At first it was not 1 month but 1.5 months, then 2, then 3 and now it's 5 months for an update. And please don't even start with all that "But mane! He included 15 extra pics, bruh!" or that "Codeng renpey geim iz haard!". As a software engineer with 15 years of experience in a few programming languages, Imma tell you - coding a Renpy game is a junior level task and - rendering aside - if I see a person saying how hard it is to develop a binary tree style game on Renpy engine I automatically know they have no idea what are they talking about.

Anyways, I feel like I'm a minority here and my posts will change nothing, so... see you in 5 months. >___<
Why did I know that this was going to go down the software engineer/programmer/game designer route?
Damn, it really seems as if we have half the people working in software/programming in the world in this thread, with all these totally experienced guys (who still don't have any clue about the problems and complexity of a game like WTHI) commenting on how they could all do so much better.

Honestly, I have gotten pissed at devs milking their patrons, I have also changed my opinion about whether delays were justified or just trying to earn more money, but you have to judge each case on it's own, depending on how reliable the dev has proven to be and how open he is with possible delays, and explaining what is happening.
In this case we have such a definitive track record, that it would make zero sense for Cheeky to go against his own interest and delay a release like this.
Sometimes you have a stroke of bad luck, that's just how life works. You can't tell me that in your "15 years of experience" you have never encountered something like this.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I agree that a full harem with everyone is not realistic, but I would still really like for the brother to end up with both sisters. The tanning scene was a nice tease. I'm thinking it certainly would be possible to eventually keep pushing that lines and end up with a cuddly sibling throuple :love: And I just want the sisters to get closer and closer :giggle:
No idea what game you are playing but the MC has no sisters.

Only family he had was a mother and father and both of those are dead.

For the record, the mod isn't canon. This isn't an incest game altered for a patch, it's a normal game with normal relationships altered by a mod into an incest game.

Katie literally fantasize you with her sister. Monica was in a room with her friend with their underwears and MC. Also again it doesn't really fun experience when you need to constantly reject girls every 10 seconds in the game
Katie tells you right outside Jenna's foor as well as through various points of the story she won't share with anyone. Talking about it is one thing, doing is another, her words.

Monica did that for the photoshoot to save her business.

Words are there for a reason.

None of the girls are interested in sharing. They flat out tell you they won't share.

It doesn't matter what you find fun or not, the devs have said, multiple times now that a harem isn't happening. By all means sleep with everyone but it will go wrong for you eventually.

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
No idea what game you are playing but the MC has no sisters.

Only family he had was a mother and father and both of those are dead.
he is playing with the incest patch. It's really good. That guy who develops the mod puts a real effort in it

May 20, 2020
I would agree a full harem of the full cast seems impossible...
I also agree the affection of the ladies towards the MC seems impossible, like to the point of the MC's pheromones are a hardcore aphrodisiac / love potion making it feel like we have to kick women in the face to leave us alone
I could also see mini harems cropping up... IE MC/Katie/Debbie/Lily with Katie & Lily fighting to be the main girl, or possibly Jenna/Jo/Bella, Milf Route 2-4 members, Studio/Model Route, and etc.

I could also see some bad ending scenes coming up...
Katie walking in to see Jenna and/or Monica sleeping in bed with you
Monica walking in to see Katie and/or Jenna sleeping with you
Katie/Jenna/Monica all meeting at your door while trying to sneak into bed with you
Asleep at the beach house with one girl and one of the others you invited to live with you shows up
Dogboy stabs you in the back for C-Blocking him and/or nailing his mom

DorcasAurelia

Nov 17, 2018
I'm a little unclear on something regarding Elaine and Bella from ch 17.

Do you understand the concept of "Harem"?
You're probably being facetious, but I feel like the whole endless argument is ignoring that there's a bit of personal interpretation available here. Does harem mean the MC ends up with literally every female character in the game, or certain limited selections be considered a harem ending?

Me personally, I'm riding this out like the bomb in Dr. Strangelove. Obviously it will end in an explosion, but that's not gonna stop me from enjoying the trip. Then I'll do a non-cheater playthrough with Jenna.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
A harem is when the girls are all knowingly and willingly in a relationship with MC at the same time. If not, then MC is just cheating on them all.

In order for harem's to make sense, the story needs to be based around it. Like WVM, My New Family, Ecchi Sensei etc.

The story in this game, despite MC being unaffected by cheating so far (mostly), doesn't make sense for that harem. The girls literally say they don't want to, and even if they change their minds, it'll be a limited 2-3 girl "harem" not a 10 girl harem.

Take Katie/Debbie and Lily, that is the most obvious one. Katie wouldn't view that as a harem, but a fun thing to do, as she has a lesbian stat and will likely want to act on that eventually. If Debbie and Lily start dating, and they fool around with Katie/MC, then it would be swinging, not a harem. They're in separate relationships.

Now take Jenna/Jolina, the next most obvious one. Jenna seems to be interested by it, Jolina was likely in a lesbian relationship so she could be interested in a 3-way FWB thing with MC/Jenna eventually, but probably not a 3-way relationship.

As for Monica, the only plausible one is with Zarah, and the only reason that is plausible is because they are best friends and Zarah isn't interested in a relationship. She would be fine as a sex buddy and perhaps an occasional 3-way, if Monica would be ok with it.

As for Katie/Jenna/Monica, I can't see it. Maybe Katie/Jenna if Katie's lesbian stat is really high, but I can't see Monica doing that. She'd probably murder MC if he was banging all 3 of them at the same time. She has that suspicion stat for a reason.

The other plausible ones are Wanda/Angel and maybe Bella and Elaine would be interested, but not with each other.

c_oriole

Sep 1, 2019
Ideally for a perfect play multiple saves is the way.

But for those that have a hard time keeping track of all those paths or just no time. We are working (definite) on implementing the quick start portion of the mod from Phalzyr into the base game to start at any EP and set the relationships as you like (we are even going to try and have it impact a few more variables so it's even more precise, but there are a lot of variables in the game lol).

We are also thinking about incorporating his walkthrough mod as a toggle in the menu (basically absorbing his entire mod by that point lol). But not positive on that yet. It could deincentivize higher end patreons if everyone gets everything in the base game. :p
Thank you, I biggest issue in the games is you wrote the characters to be very likable, so I have a hard time, saying no to a girl, So I downloaded a copy mod and it easy just to set the variable instead of actually doing the deed :)

Hammerhiem

May 7, 2020
Ideally for a perfect play multiple saves is the way.

But for those that have a hard time keeping track of all those paths or just no time. We are working (definite) on implementing the quick start portion of the mod from Phalzyr into the base game to start at any EP and set the relationships as you like (we are even going to try and have it impact a few more variables so it's even more precise, but there are a lot of variables in the game lol).

We are also thinking about incorporating his walkthrough mod as a toggle in the menu (basically absorbing his entire mod by that point lol). But not positive on that yet. It could deincentivize higher end patreons if everyone gets everything in the base game. :p
I really like how the system works in Dating My Daughter Ch 3 where you can toggle on/off relationships.

Maybe only at the Episode rather than all the way through, then you still have the feeling of consequences matter.

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I really like how the system works in Dating My Daughter Ch 3 where you can toggle on/off relationships.

Maybe only at the Episode rather than all the way through, then you still have the feeling of consequences matter.
I know what you mean, but it's a bit more complicated with WTHI. There aren't just relationship on off switches, there are relationship tiers as well. It's how we keep track of what you've done with each girl, the hopefully reactive responses/references, etc.

For example, at present Phal's quickstart mod when selecting Katie Romance defaults to her full highest possible tier, but she is one of the girls who has both a full romance, and friends with benefits path. With some significant differences.
However much we can cram into the potential variable options with quick start we will, but getting it perfect would require a spreadsheet... like we have. :)

4.40 star(s) 325 Votes