freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
Hi Guys /...

I have downloaded again v18 . And also v19 update only.
Used saves for v18 its working good. But after Theresa scene at her home , Check Status and End Credit only avaiable.

There is no new content for v19. I have added v19 update only in v18 , still nothing new.
is there continuation after v28. ??!!!
Did you put the update into the full game and overwrite files?

Reactions: Jacky Bruce

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Neither did I. I gave off cold shoulders to both Lily and Debbie, especially when I found that Lily has a thing for her. Katie is a handful as is and getting in between her besties is something a man of honour shouldn't do (and neither should he bob around their sisters or mothers but one moral at a time!).

Especially after seeing Katie pissing outside the house I was done with the lot. Beyond the beach house orgy, is there any content of the main story?
Main story progress
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

From what we have seen through half of 2019 and whole of 2020, it's best that CG and Co. aim to release only 4 chapters per year and 5th Holiday special, if they are really adventurous. I think that'll keep everyone grounded and they allow themselves more time to workout the complex paths they began from when MC opened the door at Monica's.

I appreciate the communication and the frankness to the Patrons but it has been a pattern for over a year it seems, so best readjust now to avoid disappointments, to themselves and the fans of the game. What say acewinz?
Can't say the end of 2019 through 2020 was great for anyone, us included. Honestly we went through a lot of transitions (Aeil ghosting out this time last year, picking up 3 artists since through 2020 (with only Cell sticking with it long term), and then trying to make tentative deadlines with the randomness going on in the world etc. We also underestimated the complexity of a scene like the beach house with the pathing we had setup. But we are adapting. I do think people underestimate a bit that even though we do have setbacks here and there, we always produce sizeable updates (admittedly not everyone see's that if they aren't interested in certain girls).

sandstorm1872

Sep 6, 2018
Main story progress
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Can't say the end of 2019 through 2020 was great for anyone, us included. Honestly we went through a lot of transitions (Aeil ghosting out this time last year, picking up 3 artists since through 2020 (with only Cell sticking with it long term), and then trying to make tentative deadlines with the randomness going on in the world etc. We also underestimated the complexity of a scene like the beach house with the pathing we had setup. But we are adapting. I do think people underestimate a bit that even though we do have setbacks here and there, we always produce sizeable updates (admittedly not everyone see's that if they aren't interested in certain girls).
I share the frustration and pain of that time period (Q3 2019 - Q4 2020) too -- moved from a boring employer to a new one only to found out within months that the new place was toxic, was forced to move out due to a tyrannical boss and luckily landed in a new job in November. 2020 has bought misery and sadness in all shapes and forms to almost everyone.

That said, it's not that I don't appreciate the work that goes in each of your update, especially the content writing as you guys have setup really high standards. I'll go so far as to bet a tenner that if the VN comes out as purely a text-based novella, it'll still tingle everyone as it did through Ren'Py.

The keyword is underestimate here; you guys take on an episode only to realise midway that it is going out of hand with the complexity. No one here would complain about the delay if timelines are kept within +- 1 week or 3-5 days. Hence I suggest that if 2021 be the conclusion of WTHI, take your time to work out the episodes as you intended and add a literal month to the delivery, that way if even if you lag a bit, you'll deliver in a reasonable time frame. Quite sure you plan this way but perhaps the complexities keep snowballing causing an avalanche of issues and delays?

Either way, looking forward for Ep20 and hope you all have a wonderful Holiday season!

Reactions: freedom.call

sandstorm1872

Sep 6, 2018
You downloaded both full 19 beta and the patch for 18>19?
1) Download the patch
2) Extract in a location different from previous Ep.XX (XX can be <= 18)
3) Copy the game folder from Ep-19 patch obtained from (2) and copy in Ep.XX. Make sure you backup your saves first!
4) Click on .exe to begin the update

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
1) Download the patch
2) Extract in a location different from previous Ep.XX (XX can be <= 18)
3) Copy the game folder from Ep-19 patch obtained from (2) and copy in Ep.XX. Make sure you backup your saves first!
4) Click on .exe to begin the update
Think you replied to wrong person.

Wustyopolis

Mar 13, 2018
I downloaded the newest version and get this error when I try to launch the game:

Parsing the script failed.

The label Game_Over is defined twice, at
File 'game/Episode18.rpy", line 7866 and
File "game/Episode19.rpy", line 7342

Any idea?

Benares

May 12, 2017
I downloaded the newest version and get this error when I try to launch the game:

Parsing the script failed.

The label Game_Over is defined twice, at
File 'game/Episode18.rpy", line 7866 and
File "game/Episode19.rpy", line 7342

Any idea?
Yes, delete the mod you had for ep18, it happened to me too when I tried to play ep 18 with the mod

Reactions: Wustyopolis

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
The sad thing is, that even if you accept and understand the explanations, the reasons for it, it doesn't change that by now a delayed episode has become the new normal for WTHI.
I get what you are saying, and regular on time releases are always nice to see, but I've been keeping an eye on a lot of games, and are there really any out there with a rigorous release schedule, without repeated delays? A few months ago I would have said WVM was one of the few exceptions, but even that one has had multiple delays, not that I am complaining, it happens.

I just think it is inevitable when you have a complex project, with lots of labor and computer time needed to keep the updates coming, that if any little thing happens, it can easily lead to many days or even weeks of additional work. Plus with only a few exceptions, this is not the devs primary 8-5 day job. I am just happy when the devs are fairly well communicative of what is going on, which is certainly the case here, so I can be confident that the game will not be a) abandoned because it is not making enough money, and/or the dev loses interest, b) see a huge drop in quality because the devs are tired of working on the game, or c) see extended 6-12 month delays without a reasonable or believable explanation. Both a, b, and c seem to be the norm around here, at least for games I like. WTHI, is far from any of these 3 cases, so a few weeks or even a month or two delay here and there doesn't really bother me. WTHI has been of consistently high quality throughout, and has never gotten repetitive or boring, for me at least, and each update seems fresh.

Oh, I forgot reason d) which is also very common, after the game gets popular and a large fanbase is built, the dev suddenly decides to "revamp" their game and redo the last 6-12 months of work for reasons that are always unclear, leading to 6 months to a year of no new content other than some slightly changed character models, or re-rendered scenes that absolutely nobody was asking for. Half the time the game gets abandoned after this because the dev gets frustrated at the pointless redoing of all his previous work, and just gets fed up entirely with the project.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
...Oh, I forgot reason d) which is also very common, after the game gets popular and a large fanbase is built, the dev suddenly decides to "revamp" their game and redo the last 6-12 months of work for reasons that are always unclear, leading to 6 months to a year of no new content other than some slightly changed character models, or re-rendered scenes that absolutely nobody was asking for. Half the time the game gets abandoned after this because the dev gets frustrated at the pointless redoing of all his previous work, and just gets fed up entirely with the project.
I agree with your post, this game, for now, cant be compared to the "famous" delayed/ing games.
Yet, just a bit OT on this last part - imo "revamping" is a joker-card many devs pull out when they dont know how to manage/continue their game further, while wanna to provide some "im working/improving illusion" to their fanbase/patreons and not be a complete jackasses.

4.40 star(s) 324 Votes