Rex72

Aug 5, 2018

You Shure know how to ruin a potential orgy by having those idiots waste $30k of wine for a guy who only got the $100k and may not get any more. I would demand they pay every cent before ever letting any of them set 1 fot in the beach house again(and maybe pres charges). It is one thing to offer/give some of that wine to be nice, but them taking 3 bottles with out asking (not even texting to ask) is stealing and not cool, not even close. Are you trying to make the players hate those girls?

Hammerhiem

May 7, 2020
You Shure know how to ruin a potential orgy by having those idiots waste $30k of wine for a guy who only got the $100k and may not get any more. I would demand they pay every cent before ever letting any of them set 1 fot in the beach house again(and maybe pres charges). It is one thing to offer/give some of that wine to be nice, but them taking 3 bottles with out asking (not even texting to ask) is stealing and not cool, not even close. Are you trying to make the players hate those girls?
Why would anyone think that a bottle of wine was worth £30k? and even if they did why would they think it would be lying around not in a temperature control room?

The only person at fault is Dad (Again) for leaving expensive bottles of wine lying about. The girls where there for a party, who doesn't drink the place dry at a party?? maybe you've never attended one so don't know but trust me it's commonplace.

I have a couple of bottles of £100+ wine, they are stored in a controlled environment well away from any random booze, there is no way they could be found by some half cut partygoer looking for late night drinks.

Reactions: acewinz

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
Why would anyone think that a bottle of wine was worth £30k? and even if they did why would they think it would be lying around not in a temperature control room?

The only person at fault is Dad (Again) for leaving expensive bottles of wine lying about. The girls where there for a party, who doesn't drink the place dry at a party?? maybe you've never attended one so don't know but trust me it's commonplace.

I have a couple of bottles of £100+ wine, they are stored in a controlled environment well away from any random booze, there is no way they could be found by some half cut partygoer looking for late night drinks.
Doesn't matter if they know cost, it's not their property and shows a clear lack of respect.

We should have had option to kick them out then drunk or not. They steal from me and they can find their own way home.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Digging through his stuff is not an accident.
They didn't dig through his stuff, it wasn't hidden.

He invited them round to spend time on the beach and then have a few drinks. Considering the wine was all that was around they probably thought he left it for them.

He's been friends with 1 of them since he was a kid and your first thought is "I want to be a dick to her", no, it's not going to go your way because unlike you the MC isn't a complete douchenozzle.

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
They didn't dig through his stuff, it wasn't hidden.

He invited them round to spend time on the beach and then have a few drinks. Considering the wine was all that was around they probably thought he left it for them.

He's been friends with 1 of them since he was a kid and your first thought is "I want to be a dick to her", no, it's not going to go your way because unlike you the MC isn't a complete douchenozzle.
Would have to play it again, but I thought they said they went digging.

And I wouldn't call it being a dick, it's natural consequences of their actions.

• Angry
Reactions: slashbang

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I kind of agree, actually.

I don't think the MC should throw them out over it or anything, but for the life of me I don't understand why this was put in the game at all. At best it makes the girls look like selfish idiots, at worst it makes them look like flat-out assholes. All for a joke that was both irrelevant and (IMHO) not especially funny. No idea what the thought process was on that one.

Reactions: IceL33 and cakeny

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Would have to play it again, but I thought they said they went digging.

And I wouldn't call it being a dick, it's natural consequences of their actions.

I don't think the MC should throw them out over it or anything, but for the life of me I don't understand why this was put in the game at all. At best it makes the girls look like selfish idiots, at worst it makes them look like flat-out assholes. All for a joke that was both irrelevant and (IMHO) not especially funny. No idea what the thought process was on that one.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Oh, we will go to great lengths for a joke! WTHI is chock full of humor across a lot of spectrums, but that wasn't just a joke, in fact that was the least part of that particular exchange... There was a lot of nuance there that made it a lot more complex. Something Cheeky does really well that I do my best to emulate when given the chance.

On a side note, I've seen how Cheeky is shaping up the Full version of EP19 and it has options more accommodating to people who felt slighted by being tossed out of the beach house. :p

Valrin72

May 4, 2017

Well, in reality a 1986 chateau margaux only sells for about $700 canadian per bottle so if he changes the price to match the real world then it would be better because honestly no matter how hot they are no 3 bimbos are worth $30k worth of good wine. That would be pretty much a relationship ender if they were so cavalier about it. Just change it $2100 worth of wine and Lily's tits are worth it.

• Sad
Reactions: cakeny and acewinz

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Well, in reality a 1986 chateau margaux only sells for about $700 canadian per bottle so if he changes the price to match the real world then it would be better because honestly no matter how hot they are no 3 bimbos are worth $30k worth of good wine. That would be pretty much a relationship ender if they were so cavalier about it. Just change it $2100 worth of wine and Lily's tits are worth it.
I'd totally drop 30k for a night with those three. Of course I'd have to take out another mortgage and convince my wife it was for research purposes... or I suppose she could tag along so long as the price doesn't double. :D

EJW

Jul 13, 2018
It's one thing to watch the twitter tards getting all upset over video games objectifying women, I now come to an adult piracy forum and see people getting upset over imaginary wine.
Yes it is crazy but to me you have to credit the writing. I mean from what I have seen there is more pages wondering who the third woman in the will is than about the sex scenes.

As far as complaining about whine and the beach house, Ace is right we are spoiled. The game is amazing. The story has given us so many choices to say no or yes to who or what we do that when we don't have a choice we complain like kids. I say this proves the writing is great.

I would've introduced the beach house around now in the timeline. Why? Because of players like me. Katie is hot but I don't care for the attitude. I think of her more of friend to watch football with. Jenna, the voyeur thing creeps me out. I don't like the idea of being spied on (Government does this enough!). Monica, she only loosens up after she drinks which is fine, but I have dated women in RL that did this and it did not go good. So I would of moved out and tried to stay friendly with them. Just not sure about Monica a 100% about not being the third woman. I'm about 95% sure. Just something off about the way she is always so set on you staying no matter what.

Just my 2 cents.

• Red Heart
Reactions: acewinz

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
imo "revamping" is a joker-card many devs pull out when they dont know how to manage/continue their game further, while wanna to provide some "im working/improving illusion" to their fanbase/patreons and not be a complete jackasses.
You think? That explains a lot. I never understood why it happens so often. It is one thing if the original is super grainy, or uses ugly models, but when all the fans praise the game, why go back and redo 6 months of work? I am not a dev, so what do I know, but I can't see myself doing that when I know I have a legion of fans I am trying to please.

I should get off my soapbox, haha, it just seems that in the last year it was revamp fever for many of my favorite games for some reason.

Anyway, thanks to the WTHI devs for not falling into any of these common scenarios. I personally think the development is going great. I am even warming up to Lily after this last update. She is very hot of course, but I was a little suspicious of her motives. But, she seems more genuine this update. And she always provides great comic relief. It is even funnier knowing it is all an act.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
You think? That explains a lot. I never understood why it happens so often. It is one thing if the original is super grainy, or uses ugly models, but when all the fans praise the game, why go back and redo 6 months of work? I am not a dev, so what do I know, but I can't see myself doing that when I know I have a legion of fans I am trying to please.
It's not unusual for creatives to be thoroughly unsatisfied with their work, sometimes to the point of outright disgust. Where we see beautiful renders or writing, they only see the flaws they didn't have the time or expertise to fix when it was being made. They're not redoing work to pad billable hours or rack up empty Patreon months, they're doing it because what they did before is still to them a rough draft. To quote an oft-repeated phrase, "A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned".

I agree that it sucks to see them going over what seems to be perfectly fine work, but I'd rather see a dev be happy over feeling like they're being forced to put their name on sub-par work. That road leads inevitably to burnout.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Oh, we will go to great lengths for a joke! WTHI is chock full of humor across a lot of spectrums, but that wasn't just a joke, in fact that was the least part of that particular exchange... There was a lot of nuance there that made it a lot more complex. Something Cheeky does really well that I do my best to emulate when given the chance.

Oh I like Lily! And her humor works for me normally. I just thought this one flopped.

On a side note, I've seen how Cheeky is shaping up the Full version of EP19 and it has options more accommodating to people who felt slighted by being tossed out of the beach house. :p
Very glad to hear that.

On that note, I didn't want to critique this episode endlessly without playing it, so I downloaded the Episode 19 beta. Overall I felt it was not your best work, which is a shame when it has such potential. I stand by most of earlier concerns. But here are a few other thoughts now that I've played it.

Alright, I think that covers everything. Sorry for the length.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: acewinz and cakeny

lordofhirunds

Jul 25, 2017
I believe that at this rate, we will soon write a treatise about whether the bottle of wine is so important or not and we will come to say that Cheeky will have to compensate Mc for the damage caused by the breaking of the bottle.
WTHI is a beautiful game not reality. As long as Monica, Elaine, Bella, Jolina, Kate and Jenna are the topics of the discussions, okay, but the bottle of wine is not.

4.40 star(s) 324 Votes