ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
The three characters are not major (at least not yet): Edith, Daryl Jr., and Lamia. (Also, I currently have two options regarding Edith/Daryl Jr. based on ages).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Edith you will certainly get a very close look at in Chapter 5, which will include the family history and backstory and a bit more about Daryl Jr... though you won't really meet Daryl Jr. till towards the end of Book One, as I didn't want the story to be a "sausage fest"...

As for the remaining majority of characters, obviously it would be nice to know a little more, but since I know 'roughly' their ages and lineages (who begot who, that kind of stuff) and some other tidbits, they are not 'bothering' me as much (yet).

A couple of the characters have some 'interesting' background possibilities (or else I am starting to go bonkers). :biggrin:

OH HO!! PERFECT TIMING, IT SEEMS!!! :D

You get your wish in this coming update in regard to Azera/Rhianna's mother's name... along with a lot of other juicy tidbits!!

Suffice to say, you are pretty much on track, @Sierra3, also means I am hitting all of the right areas! Whew!! :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017

An interesting reading.
Yeah, it was interesting to see someone mention my game in that list... I mean, I think I am (thankfully, with @Palanto Games help) on the right track to something and I am hoping that once I get to Chapter 6 that things will really start moving in the right direction again... as sex and choices will be aplenty in the next few releases again.

As the wife told me, last night, this is just my 'moment of crisis and conviction' and that I should just stop paying attention to ranks and money... but it is hard, I had believed if I had proved ourselves to be different than other creators out there by being faithful, produce a great amount of content, be engaging and treat this like a job as it should be, that more people would take notice and support us for that dependability and honest effort.

Please understand, I am not trying to pull a pity party or anything, I am just genuinely confused as to the business aspect of the Independent Game Market and what I thought people wanted and what mattered, really, quite honestly, doesn't seem to matter at all... for all of the complaining, shield rattling and outcries, people really don't seem to want the change they are screaming for...

...which frustrates me... because we DO care and we are trying HARD to deliver those things, but as Pink Floyd sings in "Brain Damage": You shout but no one seems to hear.

I just don't know anymore... I am VERY thankful for the people that we DO have that support us, both here and over there... but, I am giving everything that I have doing this and it just doesn't seem to be that it is enough, which when tired, stressed and frustrated, makes for a very bleak outlook on things.

Reactions: Palanto

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
@ASLPro3D I personnally would not compare these two projects. Sure they are both adult games and 3d modeled. Other than a couple 'genre' overlaps it is apples and oranges, and to paraphrase @El bacca Del Chew to regress to the mean would have more down than up in the future. You have to love what you do, and the product from it. Now, if to fill time in between WC book1 and WCbook2 (or *cough* a Knight RPG *cough*) you threw together a lighter project (however you define lighter) many if not all would understand and rejoice. Hell, My other favorite writer in the genre of games has been doing that for years, with a month or two a year producing something (sometimes completely) different. That is my two cents worth, which with $5 more you can get an over sugared milkshake with a 1/2 dose of caffeine in it.
Yeah, I know that @Palanto Games and I have some things that we have REALLY wanted to do to make the game and support of us more valuable to higher level supporters and players.

For example: We want to redo and have a unique GUI interface for the game, which also includes a Diary and Character Profile System where you can see the relationship points and status with those characters in REALTIME, along with reflective notes from the MC/LYNARA regarding those characters...

Let's say the Profile of Claire for the MC: You have a Unique Character Profile image of her, along with her stats... as the Relationship/Love stats with her go up/down, her expression will be reflective of that status, as well as, style or volume of the clothing that she is wearing (or removing)... along with those stats and images (as well as, unlockable downloadable wallpapers) of her, the players will also have the MC's unique thoughts and personal notes reflective of Claire as you interact with her... and will be different depending on your interaction with her.

Likewise, players will also have a separate Diary/Character Profile for each character for when they play as Lynara, and those stats, images and journal entries will be different than those of the MC for each character and also be reflective of Lynara's current Purity/Corruption status...

So in the example of Claire, when it comes time for Lynara to meet and interact with her, images will be different and the musings about Claire will be different as well, depending on Lynara's relationship with Claire... so the musing journal entries could have Lynara say: "I don't see what the MC see's in her, she is just a tramp" OR "Claire flirted with me and we kissed each other when no one was looking... and I liked it."

WE would do this as a static system for those that are $10 and $20 patrons, and a REALTIME interactive version for the $30 patrons... but to do this requires time and money, as I need to find and hire a graphic artist for the interface... renders I can do... but graphic art, I suck at.

So both things that we are lacking right now.... which only adds to my frustration.

Reactions: Palanto and Wyrme

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Hi @ASLPro3D

I came over here from the Dual Family thread. Up to now, I did not have time to test your game, maybe ove Easter, but I am a hobby writer who takes his projects very serious and I visit to tell you I know what you feel and to keep your head up. That is easier said than done, but I hope you knowing that there is support in spirit might help.
Gumdrop is a disgrace for all creative people who pour their heart blood into their stories, games, songs.

On another matter: For a new title picture, how about an Angel and a Demon leaning on the shoulders of the MC, who is standing on a crossraod?
Thank you so much for you words of support, interests and suggestions, @Turret, I appreciate it!!! You paint an interesting visual, thank you! :)

Reactions: Palanto

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Though patience young Padawan might not fit you too well anymore, well maybe patience Sensei might.:)

As always in life just working hard, crafting and delivering quality does not always pay off, often you need luck as well. That is one reason why loving what you do and to be proud of your work regardless of the opinion of others is so important.

In the current fragmented market and the lousy marketing of Patreon when it comes to adult games. It is almost a certainty only a fraction of your potential market has even heard of your game. That is one reason I proposed your own website and to make use of the contacts you made in past to promote your game also in places that are less likely places for an adult game, remember you are making a game with adult themes.:biggrin:

So keep the faith and be proud of your work and maybe look for some help in marketing if you have some contacts that could give you some tips there.

Considering those unique GUI with character you mentioned, well it would be a lot more work but thoise could also work on your website I suspect. Do not want to think of potential server costs though.:)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Considering those unique GUI with character you mentioned, well it would be a lot more work but thoise could also work on your website I suspect. Do not want to think of potential server costs though.:)
Yeah, that could end up costing a small fortune in bandwidth and server costs, which would need to be balanced out and covered by profits earned... it would probably be better, at least to start, have it self contained within the game itself to start... and, maybe, bridge the two as profits escalates (if they do, lol).

I am really proud, I will not lie, by what I've been able to accomplish, to be honest... and somewhat boastful.

With just 3 people, we've been able to do the unthinkable by creating a novel sized story thus far in less than a year, with 2 to 3x's the image count of any creator that's been out only 241 days, we have been reliable, dependable, interactive and transparent with people, we've built a hell of a lot of great friendships and relationships with many of you, we've been true to our word to people and we don't have a lot of trolls knocking or flaming us.

It hasn't been ALL BAD... it has been stressful, frustrating and has had me anxious and want to go faster and do more (I WANT TO DO THIS SHIT FULL TIME!!!), but it has ALSO been rewarding and a great learning experience.

Really, I think I am coming to the conclusion that our game will be one of those "cult classics" that people really don't pick up on till long after we are done and gone.

Reactions: Palanto and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It may well be or it might even need a few more games to start making a name for yourself and taking off, having had to change your planning some has likely not helped either. :)

Agreed on those websites costs, that would be way too early for now. Does not mean you can not start with reaching out to and bringing all your fans in to your own place though. I suspect quite a few of the readers of your book for example are not perusing adult game sites or adult games on Patreon, but might be willing to give a story driven game from a writer they like a shot, even if it has adult themes.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I think what I am going to have to do is talk with @Palanto Games and the wife, and possibly take a brief break from "Wicked Choices" after Chapter 6... maybe use that break to do a side arc, standalone story...

Maybe just do an "Adventures of a Changed Boy"... a one or two shot side game based on William's transformation into a girl... and the trouble he/she can get into while in a new (or changed) body... fill it with a ton of corruption opportunities and sex (unwanted or otherwise) and then return to telling the rest of "Wicked Choices", this way it can either be a standalone game for people to just play and enjoy, or an accompaniment game to fans of "Wicked Choices".

Reactions: DA22 and Palanto

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Don't be to downhearted and get those creative juices flowing yes.:) But as a former comic maker, do not underestimate strength of that as well for some interesting side work that may take some less time to fill in parts of your world, especially when do get to part you have an artist.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Another idea might be if you have to break a chapter up again as you needed to do for this chapter, or because the chapter just gets to big, where you likely had written the cliffhanger and wanted sexy time at the end of the chapter (yes I do think I am starting to get some idea of how you work teaser:) ) to change the structure of the chapter slightly.

Possibly look at adding a cliffhanger or some innocent unrelated sexy time to an update, even if it would just be for example Claire masturbating while thinking about her Uncle. Some preview/cameo of an as of yet unknown or less known character in a shower or at the beach. It does not really have to be related to that update, just as long would not interfere with total story.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Oh... than I am going to really be throwing you off of your game with Chapter Five then!! LOL Because that chapter will be a little bit different!!! :D

But, yes, I get what you are saying... will have to consider that. ;)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Like Dream of desire standalone christmas episode? A sort of fan service fapping festival? If yes, why not..a cookie for horny boys. Might be an idea !
In case you would do a standalone, Jack might also think about a spoof or comedy that completely breaks the 4th wall of the game or where for example all of those high and mighty, powerful and rich characters are doing normal household chores like Azeara vacuuming in a sexy maids outfit and get into sexy situations at same time. :FeelsGoodMan:

Some things that would be unimaginable within the game itself and maybe gives some light entertainment in the harsh and dark times that are ahead for mC.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
In case you would do a standalone, Jack might also think about a spoof or comedy that completely breaks the 4th wall of the game or where for example all of those high and mighty, powerful and rich characters are doing normal household chores like Azeara vacuuming in a sexy maids outfit and get into sexy situations at same time. :FeelsGoodMan:

Some things that would be unimaginable within the game itself and maybe gives some light entertainment in the harsh and dark times that are ahead for mC.
That could be both fun and funny!! :D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Yeah, I got to thinking when @DA22 made his suggestion about breaking the fourth wall with the characters (like I had done before) that I sort of do like a "documentary"... sort of like a Q&A with the "Actresses" and "Actors" of Wicked Choices... not sure yet, just know that I need to think about doing something else, just to break the same ol', same ol' funk that I am starting to get into... and maybe attract new patrons or something.

Not a bad idea, @Sierra3 seems we are thinking alike! :)

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes