ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I am going to state ONE THING about Syrina... she IS POWERFUL... despite her linage and not to be trifled with... she is MORE powerful with the MC... for some strange inexplicable reason which I am not prepared to reveal... but when combined with the MC she is much, much more powerful than she is on her own... and there is a reason for that, when I reveal more about her.

But that will give you something to chew on for a while.

Reactions: Wyrme and DA22

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Interesting answers. Thanks. :)

By the way the Silmarillion are not poems for th main part, they are a loosely aligned number of tales that make up a great part of the older history and beginning of the world of Middle Earth. In a way it was his way bigger undertaking, though never finished by him.:)
I could barely stomach Tom Bombadil... seriously, I am SO GLAD they left him out of the Peter Jackson movies!!! UGH!! I still have nightmares of the Animated series and my brain turned off every time I ran across Tolkien's "poetry"... so I just didn't bother with the Silmarillion.

Likewise, HATED James O'Barr's poetry in The Crow... one thing that I refused to put into the work that I was to do with him and Caliber Comic's sequel series, which ended up becoming my novel Ebon Knights...

...ugh... couldn't stomach it... sorry.

Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Actually, because of their power, the Demonothans were the basis of the polytheistic religions, such as the Greek, Roman, Norse, Egyptian, Asian and Mayan gods. Many of them adopting human male counterparts to exercise their power through, since humans are a "male dominated" race.
As a bit of a history dabbler, this statement was a bit debatable before the time of the Romans in big parts of the world. Even the fight of Mohammed in bringing Islam to his part of the world was largely a fight against a female dominated society. Somewhere around the Greek/Roman culture this changed in that part of Europe, though Egyptian culture was also mainly male dominated as far as we know.

Last edited:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
One of Mr. Carpenter's best! "Consume, Sex, Sleep"
Absolutely, positively AGREE to that statement, with The THING being the second best... but yes, underrated movie with the best message ever!!

Yes, the eye's sweet tooth was definitely sated. My reaction so negative(knowing that changing formats sacrifices are going to be made) mostly based on I was still reading the series, so details were fresh in my head.
The biggest failure of The Legend of the Seeker series can be summed up in one word: SyFy!!

That series would've been best served had it been introduced on HBO like "Game of Thrones" or on Netflix... where things didn't need to be rushed or produced to be a product like Hercules: The Legend Continues or Xena: The Warrior Princess.

Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
No problem, i also decided to miss out on Tolkien's poems and The story of Tom Bombadill. Just saying the Silmarillion is a lot more as poems and in a way has some of his most interesting work in it in my opinion.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
As a bit of a history dabbler, this statement was a bit debatable before the time of the Romans in big parts of the world. Even the fight of Mohammed in bringing Islam to his part of the world was largely a fight against a female dominated society. Somewhere around the Greek/Roman culture this changed, though Egyptian culture was also mainly male dominated as far as we know.
I speak to the fact that the Romans and Greeks felt the need to make the rulers of their Pantheon males: Zeus and Jupiter... not the society itself, but their religious structure. ;)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well the Romans were a heavily male dominated society with great fear of female sexuality, one of the few escapes from this was the cult of Bacchus.:) The wishes of a certain emperor Constantine concerning what he wished included in the bible and of his contemporaries kept the stories of some strong, independent and female characters out and also had a preference for those versions of the stories that showed a greater deference to the royal powers. :biggrin:

Reactions: ASLPro3D

Sierra3

Dec 17, 2017
@ASLPro3D
Thanks for the insights. Clarifies and 'muddies' (adding more questions) at the same time.:)

If I may add some quick musings? (Will add more later.)

- Angelions began in earnest to 'convert' humans around 1300-1400 BC (or BCE if preferred) approximately, by providing 'guidance' (and possibly magic/technological assistance) to Moses. For the most part, I ruled out Zipporah (or equivalent) or anyone else of Jethro's family as the 'guide.' It was one of Azera's children/offspring, but they are not mentioned (yet).

- Syrina is 2,180 years old (as of 2018). Her father would have been from either Harappa (low probability), Egypt (Middle Kingdom, possible), or Minoan (Crete, highest probability in my opinion, Philistines/Caphtorites; Possibly Abimelech).

Last edited:
Reactions: ASLPro3D and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You forget Greek options, African/Asian options (Current Turkey, Marocco) as well as more Northern European (Germanic, Norse, Celtic) or even native American civilizations:). Though last two unlikely to be mentioned in Bible.

Reactions: ASLPro3D

Sierra3

Dec 17, 2017
@DA22
You are partly correct. I was considering the time period and the most likely civilizations of the time.

[From memory]
- Leaving out Harappa, Egypt, and Minoan civilizations for Africa/Asia, leaves the major following: Aksum (Africa), Akkad and Xia (Asia)
- The Northern European cultures/civilizations did not really come into play until around 1200BC (BCE) if memory serves correctly.
- For Native American civilizations, you are looking at very early to pre-Adena culture (Archaic).

Edit* Wrong notes referenced...oops.

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Think you may go back a bit too far, 2198 years old places her birth in second century BC.

There were flourishing northern European civilizations in that time and before, just more tribal based and not kingdom or city based so much. The Romans loved to call them barbarians, though many might have actually been way more humane and civilized as the Romans considering their habits of conquest and large scale murdering of local civilizations. :biggrin: European history tends to be a bit to much focused on Rome and the Aegian/Persian/Egyptian parts of the world. A lot more was going on in those periods. Bible though tends to concentrate on those same areas, since that was were the action was in that book.:)

Reactions: Wyrme and ASLPro3D

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
No worries will stop bothering you about history after this last remark El Bacca and ASLPRO. Fact that Celts and Germanic/Norse tribes had no written history in those times, does not mean they had no culture or civilization. Unfortunately it does mean we are mostly left with the Roman propaganda when it comes to written texts. Now complete weirdly and inexplicably the Romans had a higher opinion of themselves as of their enemies. :biggrin:

Fun fact is that the Thing in the Norse/Germanic cultures was a further developed form of democracy as what the Greek city states had actually. :)

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
Who knows with ancient history dudes. The Romans weren't all that inventive. They were pretty good at stealing ideas from everybody else and making them pretty effective. That statement will probably start a pile of arguments like my next one and that is that philosophically we haven't really advanced much if any on what the Ancient Greeks left. Heck during the European Dark Ages well Europe was pretty backward in relation to those Ancient Greeks and who knows where they got their ideas. Monotheistic Religions "One God Cults" for one are a comparatively recent development in human history or so it seems to me.

European Neolithic peoples seemed to be more advanced and way more advanced in Astronomy for one until those dudes Galileo and Copernicus appeared????

P.S My Gran used to leave saucers of honeyed water out for the Little People as she called them. She did that right up until she passed away in the 1980's.

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
No worries will stop bothering
You do not, i love those kind of stuff. I'm more a mediavalist to renaissance knowldege dude but go ahead :) i never thought would see this kind of topic in this forum :)
Btw mods be indulgent here please, slightly off topic but damn good and x1000 better than most of other thread off topic.

Sierra3

Dec 17, 2017
hmmm, gonna need a degree in history and religion history to follow this thread from now on. :cool:
Yeah, holy crap, I am going to have to too!! WOW!!! :oops::perservingface:
Sorry. :teary::p Ever since I was a wee folk, I read a lot (probably due to father reading things like the Odyssey, Tennyson, and various classical/historical books to us). Over 40 some years, have read a lot of history, science, sci-fi and fantasy.

Sierra3

Dec 17, 2017
You do not, i love those kind of stuff. I'm more a mediavalist to renaissance knowldege dude but go ahead :) i never thought would see this kind of topic in this forum :)
Btw mods be indulgent here please, slightly off topic but damn good and x1000 better than most of other thread off topic.
Who would have thought one of these threads could be educational? :cool:

Caligula

Donor
Aug 22, 2017
@Sierra3 Nice to meet another person with a liking for ancient history. Although I have to admit that you seem much more knowledgeable than me.

The Romans weren't all that inventive. They were pretty good at stealing ideas from everybody else and making them pretty effective.
How dare you! ;)

***snip*** That statement will probably start a pile of arguments like my next one and that is that philosophically we haven't really advanced much if any on what the Ancient Greeks left. Heck during the European Dark Ages well Europe was pretty backward in relation to those Ancient Greeks and who knows where they got their ideas. ***snip***
I completely agree with that. We are roughly 1,000 years behind in our possible technological advancement. There were several point in our history where we actually regressed technologically. Further discussion would lead too much off topic unfortunately.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes