Crusoe

Donor
Apr 27, 2017
You absolutely can, @Crusoe! :)

And thank you for the well wishes, I get the stent they put in taken out of me tomorrow afternoon, so will be very, very happy! Will be putting the finishing touches on the Supersized, Holiday Edition "Wicked Choices: Chapter Three" today and be ready for tomorrow's procedure and then hop right in and begin work on January's "Wicked Choices: Chapter Four"! :D
Happy your health is improving. As an admirer of your art it`s great news you still working on your project. Your courage i`m sure is good for your recovery but don`t strain yourself.
Looking forward to Chapter Three. Take care Jack.

Reactions: Thornhill

Thornhill

Sep 18, 2017
@Thornhill , yes, you are absolutely correct and that is what I kept in mind the entire time I wrote it... with the wife's help and input as well. The scene really establishes the background of a few characters and, in particular, the one being raped... it also sets up and will, hopefully, illicit the responses from the viewers the desire for 'revenge' that will be offered to the player in March's Chapter... just what that revenge might be or if there will be any at all, I will leave it up to the player to decide... but March/April will be vindication for many! ;)

Will do, my friend, when she returns home from work this evening! :D
Oh, we Westerners are pretty big on Revenge. That's how we kept warring eachother until 1945 ! Unless you have a big following in China, i'd put all my eggs in the "full revenge mode " basket.

Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Oh, we Westerners are pretty big on Revenge. That's how we kept warring eachother until 1945 ! Unless you have a big following in China, i'd put all my eggs in the "full revenge mode " basket.
I will say, if done right by the player, the revenge will at least make @StarWarrior a very happy camper! LOL ;)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Happy your health is improving. As an admirer of your art it`s great news you still working on your project. Your courage i`m sure is good for your recovery but don`t strain yourself.
Looking forward to Chapter Three. Take care Jack.
Thank you so much, my friend!!

Yeah, the wife yelled at me a bit on Thursday because she came home from work the day after my surgery to find me up and working on December's Chapter... but I have friends and Patrons that are counting on us, so I am being careful not to push myself too much, but still get things done so that I don't disappoint anyone and keep the schedule that I set for this. ;)

Thornhill

Sep 18, 2017
Thank you so much, my friend!!

Yeah, the wife yelled at me a bit on Thursday because she came home from work the day after my surgery to find me up and working on December's Chapter... but I have friends and Patrons that are counting on us, so I am being careful not to push myself too much, but still get things done so that I don't disappoint anyone and keep the schedule that I set for this. ;)
Awwwwww.....she yelled at you for that ? That one really melt my heart . Ah, schucks , hope you showered her with kisses after it . It's got candlelight dinner written all over it. Or maybe i'm just a hopeless romantic latin.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Awwwwww.....she yelled at you for that ? That one really melt my heart . Ah, schucks , hope you showered her with kisses after it . It's got candlelight dinner written all over it. Or maybe i'm just a hopeless romantic latin.
If you're hopeless, than I am as well, my friend, because I am ALL ABOUT romance!!! :D

Deleted member 30700

Donor
May 11, 2017
I used to love Hongfire back in the day (early 2000), before Akiba Online came online... was there uploading and seeding games on a regular basis back then... but that site took a serious nose dive and not the same as it used to be so long ago. I moved over to Akiba to share my work there (as a 3D comic book series) but they told me I was breaking the TOS because it wasn't "Japanese" art... so I left.

Glad I found this place when I looked up to see if my game was being shared anywhere (to me, that is how you know you are making a good game... if people are sharing it) and saw the thread here and TADA, we were awarded a Pirate hat by @Twistty and others!!

ARGGHHH!!! We feel so SPECIAL!!

We enjoy all of the feedback we get here, plus the conversations we get into and the friendships we've made... as well as, the conversations you keep pulling in me into @planetmorpheus , you help keep us out of the shell we normally seem to fall back behind, so thanks! :D
A pirates life for me....and now apparently, you as well. Wait!... aren't we supposed to be pirating your stuff? Is it still pirating if your offering it freely. Hell, I can't keep anything straight anymore. Your a Pirate Paradox Jack.XD
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Well, I have to say Hongfire took that nosedive after they started policing, what is technically... a pirate site. There used to be soooo many people on there. Now it is just a Tech Q&A forum. I only ever go there to get updates and to PM with people on occasion. (Their PM rooms have an edit button:eek:penedeyewink:) I come here mostly, now. I have met some wonderful people here and every time I log on after work (and sometimes while at work), I end up laughing and relaxing with some great people, such as yourself.:) Thanks again for busting out of your shell and joining us in the other threads. There are some good people on F95, and you definitely count as one of them.

Get well soon bro...Can't wait to see what you come up with in the tinker update.....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
cpt03_132b.png
"Wicked Choices: Chapter Three" is DONE!!!!

I can finally breath easier now, before going to have the stent removed tomorrow, knowing that it has been completed and beta tested!! Now to set my sights and begin January's Chapter... but going to give myself a day or two to relax, get through the procedure and kill some things on AC: Origins!!

LOL @planetmorpheus I am all manners of a Paradox (Pirate or Otherwise)!! :D

But you are so totally right about HF... total FUBAR fest whenever I walk in there. I don't even think Girlcelly even goes there anymore, but still see them post elsewhere... it's a shame, used to be a great community... now it is just a bandwidth graveyard. :(

Deleted member 30700

Donor
May 11, 2017
and kill some things on AC: Origins!!
My GF won't let me play, I spent 4 hours playing it the other day and she told me that...and I quote, " You look like a lump of shit, sitting there on the couch". So, I had to get up and exercise with her.:frown: She is amazing though, so I cannot complain.;)
That is an addicting game...be careful not to become a "lump of shit" like me...LOLXD

Thank you for the teaser Pic. Enjoy your time off Jack.:)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
My GF won't let me play, I spent 4 hours playing it the other day and she told me that...and I quote, " You look like a lump of shit, sitting there on the couch". So, I had to get up and exercise with her.:frown: She is amazing though, so I cannot complain.;)
That is an addicting game...be careful not to become a "lump of shit" like me...LOLXD

Thank you for the teaser Pic. Enjoy your time off Jack.:)
Yeah it's addicting!! But don't have to worry about my wife yelling at me for playing it... not nearly as much as I have to worry that she yells at me for working too much... I'm still a lump of shit though! :D

Glad you like the teaser pic... can't wait till you get to try it, the thing is a monster in size and took me a month and a half (between my other job and the surgery) to do, but SOOOooooooooo worth it! I think it is the best Chapter yet! It ended up clocking in at over 14,000 words, over 370 unique images/renders and 781 dialogue blocks... lots of info and goodies in this chapter!! Including the little Tink trying to get you into trouble! ;)

If anyone needs me, I will be spiking people in the back of the head! :happyblush

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Teaser pic looks really good :eek:penedeyewink:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Teaser pic looks really good :eek:penedeyewink:
Thank you so much, my friend! We worked very hard and tirelessly on this one! Can't wait for everyone to see it in December!! It is going to surprise a lot of people!! :D

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Can't wait to see how you tie Chapter 1, 2 and the new 3 together - story wise.
(Ok Prologue - Chapter 1 and the new Chapter 2 - but I really liked the Prologue!!!:closedtongue:)
Seems like this new chapter will set the "tone / direction" for the rest of the game?
Could be wrong - or possibly jumping to conclusions?

Also - Glad to see this thread is receiving the love I knew it would!

Thanks !!!

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Yeah, this thread has carried a lot of activity from us and the members here... not always quite on topic, but it is good to have a place where people can express themselves openly, talk about the game or whatever floats their boat and that the wife and I can interact and relate to! :D

Truly a great group here and awesome Community!!

Chapter Two sets up the backstory of one of the characters and opens the door to a big scene that will take place in March's Chapter, whereas, Chapter Three really unloads the entire framework of the story onto the player with some very shocking revelation's!

I expect, and anticipate, the forum thread here and on Patreon to erupt in a whole fresh batch of conversation once that people have witnessed my genius or madness... lol. :eazyHype:

I've already had the beta testers of it freaking out on me this morning!! x'D So, yeah, can't wait to see everyone's responses to that one.... just be sure to bring popcorn!! XD

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
"Chapter Two sets up the backstory of one of the characters and opens the door to a big scene that will take place in March's Chapter, whereas, Chapter Three really unloads the entire framework of the story onto the player with some very shocking revelation's! "

Think that is what will set this game apart from many others on this site - is the detail, planing and care that went (is going) into charter development and creating an interesting story.

I'm in my early 40's now - and have played a lot of games in that time - and the ones I still remember - are the one's that had the best stories.
Graphics, game mechanics etc. - are all easily forgotten - but the stories they told still remain.
Think that is why my GOG - monthly bill keeps growing.
(Just bought "Heart of China" from 1991 - because the story / memories)

Ps. _ I did say old - right? Lol

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
OOooo... a Sierra game!! Wow, now that brings back MEMORIES!!! Good ol' Lucky Masters (hope that is the right game I thinking about), man those were the days when I realized that there was a new form in which to tell stories besides comic books and novels... lost myself in games like those and knew others would as well!

As for our own, yes, this game is probably over-thought in some ways... lol... I approached it the same way I did when I wrote in the comic book industry, right down to panel breakdowns... how I saw the scene to help the artist see it the same way that I did... that is what I did with this story.

Broke it up into 3 parts that should the game fail, I could finish the part and find a new job if I needed to... so far, I think we are doing well... but...

Part One is character establishment, introducing the world and the people the player will share that world with...
Part Two is MC build up... fully exploring the powers that they have as the 'antichrist' and choosing how to use those powers...
Part Three is the WAR against the Angels or Demons or BOTH... fully immersed in the world as they've been, they will know what side they will choose to stand on without hesitation and GO FOR IT!

Which will be the END of "Wicked Choices" and open the door for the next game that I already have planned, broke down and written (including a novel coming out that will fully introduce that world if people are interested in learning more or want a detailed "walkthrough" if they want).

My goal and hope is to make the kind of money that you see creators like SimBro makes a month and then hire a game production studio whose owner I am friends with from my time working in the 3D Community to make really GREAT games... basically, I am using Patreon as my crowdfunding instead of Kickstarter, Indiegogo or places like that. ;)

I guess... the way it should be done. :D

Caligula

Donor
Aug 22, 2017
***snip*** I've already had the beta testers of it freaking out on me this morning!! x'D So, yeah, can't wait to see everyone's responses to that one.... just be sure to bring popcorn!! XD
Don't tease us with statements like that! :D I have to steel my patience! *ooommmmmm*

***snip*** (Just bought "Heart of China" from 1991 - because the story / memories) ***snip***
I think I've played that too. Some of the screenshots on GOG look familiar.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Steel it well, my friend, steel it well... but hey, at least you will have Chapter Two this week to distract you for a little bit! ;)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
“Wicked Choices: Chapter Two” now on Front Page and Update!! (November 15, 2017)

As the title says, “WC: Chapter Two” is up on the front page and I am pleased to report that December’s SUPER-SIZED, HOLIDAY EDITION of “Wicked Choices: Chapter Three” is done and just waiting on one graphic from a friend to begin packaging it all up!!

Also, I had the stent that was put in during my surgery last Wednesday removed and I am back on the road to health and recovery!! I want to thank everyone that sent us well wishes and support during it, so THANK YOU!!

I have already been hard at work, with the wife, assembling the script and beginning the programing required for January’s “Wicked Choices: Chapter Four” and also been taking some time to heal up and everything from the surgery.

Today’s Wallpaper is of Edith Crawford…

Edith.png

*** WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! ***

The rather busty and serious, Edith Crawford is your beautiful Mother-in-Law.

Despite it going against family tradition (and the adamant complaints from her children), Edith chooses to follow her deceased husband’s wishes and doesn’t contest the will, allowing the transfer of the family assets, businesses and power over to you.

Because of this, when she sends over the statue of Syrina, the Demon Princess, along with the family ring that has been passed down from generation to generation… you quickly discover that you are the prophesized ‘Antichrist’!!

You’ll find that Edith is your greatest ally when you discover what you really are and will do anything she can to aid you in whatever side that you decide to take in all of this… including providing you with the secrets of the family that you have married into… and its sordid history!!

Enjoy and talk soon… and, again, thank you for all of the support and well wishes!!

~Jack

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes