Caligula

Donor
Aug 22, 2017
@ASLPro3D Just finished playing Chapter 2.

There are three words I'd like to use for describing this chapter: unexpected, amazing and bloody intense. The first scene in combination with the writing/realism and the possibility to play it from three different perspectives couldn't get more intense! It was very harsh for a first scene but I'm glad you didn't choose to end this chapter with this scene. The rest was also brilliant and I'm looking forward to the next chapter. I really enjoy the twists and turns and revelations in the story. I was not a big fan of Chapter 1 (personal preferences) but I still enjoyed it. Chapter 2 is amazing and knocked me off my feet (hope that's the right expression).
So, I couldn't delay it any longer and had pledge on Patreon to support your work although I cannot give much (Godsend). By the way this tier is listed as 'Godscend'.

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Well that's not quite true. If you render an animation (as a movie or multiple images and then use a movie editor to make a movie out of those images) and start it as a fullscreen video in ren'py it works perfectly fine so far.
Here the link to the documentation:
True enough - but I personally don't think it would add much (if anything) to this game.
Plus ren'py has a horrible "skip" feature.
Have you played - .
The animations are decent - but buggy as hell - sucks having to watch the same "movie" over and over again.
I don't think this is the engine for that - at least not yet.
Unity is better for such things - but has a lot of set up from the get go.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Well I'm currently trying to implement a video in my own game just to try the function itself. It seems like you can do pretty much anything you want/need with it so far. You can loop the video or stop it after 1 or more playthroughs and you can stop it after some text you wanted the player to read while the animation runs. Didn't play Max's Life to be honest.
Well I don't really need animations either but it's possible with ren'py and it should even work like you want to have it. So playing the video only 1 time and then stopping it with the last image shown or something like that :) And you can show multiple text fields while the video plays (pressing a key doesn't stop the video midway or anything only if or when you want it)

what about saves ? or it's more like KN ?
So far it's like a KN. But I only played the prologue and chapter 1, so I don't know if that will change :) And I didn't try different choices yet only the ones that lead me to the end of the game ;)

Last edited:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
how does chapters work ? do i just install them over one another ? prologue -> ch1 -> ch2 ?
what about saves ? or it's more like KN ?
Think of each Chapter as a separate game, but following the same story... as of right now, the saves only work for that specific chapter (a few threads back I explained why it is this way, as I really lack programming skills and need to hire a programmer)... and yes, this is a Semi-Kinetic VN until I can get that programmer. :) But, still hope you enjoy the game and story!

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Make a Mega folder - Put all the Chapter links there - then users can pick any or all the Chapters they want.
They can download everything as 1 zip file if they want.
Plus you only have to make ONE - link - and the Mega address always stays the same - so you never have to update it on the OP.
Just an idea?
Something we may consider in the future... ;)

Reactions: Twistty

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Well that's not quite true. If you render an animation (as a movie or multiple images and then use a movie editor to make a movie out of those images) and start it as a fullscreen video in ren'py it works perfectly fine so far.
Here the link to the documentation:
Thanks, can see the link now, god, the scrolling, the endless scrolling to keep up! LOL

Yeah, basically uses the same principle as doing the opening logo, it looks like... but will be honest, between scripting these games, building the sets, posing, writing, rendering, bug testing them and such... we (the wife helps but not as much as she'd like between her real job) don't have time as well to render animation and everything still produce a full release each month like we do... it would be different if we were just like other creators that toss in 30 or so images a month into their project... but we want to move the story forward and produce product that people don't feel cheated with supporting.

Hopefully, if we can generate the money we'd like off of Patreon to hire a programmer, that would free us up a lot more to try adding animation as well... but right now, we are limited with our abilities and time (both her and I work fulltime jobs).

Thanks for sharing the link and bookmarked it! :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
*snip*Well I'm currently trying to implement a video in my own game just to try the function itself *snip*
PS: Good luck with your own game and let me know when it is ready, I'd be interested in trying it out and also helping to get the word out about it for you! :)

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
PS: Good luck with your own game and let me know when it is ready, I'd be interested in trying it out and also helping to get the word out about it for you! :)
Thanks and thanks for the offer :) I'll certainly let you know when it's releasable. But currently it's far from that ;)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
@ASLPro3D Just finished playing Chapter 2.

There are three words I'd like to use for describing this chapter: unexpected, amazing and bloody intense. The first scene in combination with the writing/realism and the possibility to play it from three different perspectives couldn't get more intense! It was very harsh for a first scene but I'm glad you didn't choose to end this chapter with this scene. The rest was also brilliant and I'm looking forward to the next chapter. I really enjoy the twists and turns and revelations in the story. I was not a big fan of Chapter 1 (personal preferences) but I still enjoyed it. Chapter 2 is amazing and knocked me off my feet (hope that's the right expression).
So, I couldn't delay it any longer and had pledge on Patreon to support your work although I cannot give much (Godsend). By the way this tier is listed as 'Godscend'.
Thank you so much for your support @Caligula , but most of all for your friendship!! I am glad to see you have faith in us enough to donate what you can to help us and would never want you to break yourself trying to support us... so please don't if you can't, OK... while the support is nice, we don't want anyone to ever have to go hungry on our account!

Yeah, the opening sequence to Chapter Two, as I told everyone was a bit intense and also very hard for me, as a writer, to do... but, not everyone in life has an easy time of things, nor is that subject something that doesn't carry with it some sort of baggage... it was important for me, as a writer, to approach it in the different perspectives to try to convey the ideology and thought process from those participating in it... and hopefully illicit a response from the person playing it...

...a response which can lead to revenge and/or an interesting outcome in the future... once the Player goes back to that place!!

I can't wait till you have the opportunity to see Chapter Three... I think it is the BEST chapter yet (also the biggest) but it only gets more intense from this chapter forward! :D

Thanks again, my friend, really, we appreciate it! :heartcoveredeyes:

Thornhill

Sep 18, 2017
I've been through Ch. 2 , great stuff. The way we got to know that weird Mom-Son-Daughter fucked up dynamic, know what makes them tick, all in one scene, that's top marks. I know the last scene, with the statue is going to get the most eyeballs, but for me, the M-S-D scene was the best so far in the whole story. Lots of skin, and lots of character build up in one go. And how the same scene is viewed in so radically different ways, by the characters, that's something we don't get to see often around here. Two thumbs up !!

Reactions: ASLPro3D
U

User_32285

Just downloaded another episode of my favorite VN (in progress).

Sadly, coming days I dont have time to play and by reading comments here, something "intens" is waiting for me at start of chapter 2, I can't wait for the weekend :eazyHype:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I've been through Ch. 2 , great stuff. The way we got to know that weird Mom-Son-Daughter fucked up dynamic, know what makes them tick, all in one scene, that's top marks. I know the last scene, with the statue is going to get the most eyeballs, but for me, the M-S-D scene was the best so far in the whole story. Lots of skin, and lots of character build up in one go. And how the same scene is viewed in so radically different ways, by the characters, that's something we don't get to see often around here. Two thumbs up !!
Thanks for the thumbs up, bud and glad you liked it!!
As for the relationship between the three of them... Yeah, it's pretty messed up, isn't it? :D

Reactions: Thornhill

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Just downloaded another episode of my favorite VN (in progress).

Sadly, coming days I dont have time to play and by reading comments here, something "intens" is waiting for me at start of chapter 2, I can't wait for the weekend :eazyHype:
No worries bud, we know how real life can encroach on our guilty pleasures! At least the wife and I are comforted in the knowledge that we might be able to provide an entertaining release for you this weekend! :)

I also wanted to take a moment of your time @rideroftheapocalypse and @StingerWolf for taking a moment of your time to review our game publicly and for rating it!! We REALLY, REALLY, REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!! :heartcoveredeyes:

Sep 4, 2017
I have to admit that the start of this chapter made me feel kinda meh and i felt sorry for Claire, i mean im usuall a nice guy so it was a bit out of my comfort zone. -.-

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes