ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Well, i reached it and looked at the scene with the three different point of view, and i have to say that it is a really great idea (never seen that anywhere else).
Seeing the scene from the perspective of the rapists and the victim really gives good explanations about what's going on, what each one feels and why it's happening.
Also, personally, i'm not that mad about what happened as the scene happens soon enough in the game to prevent us from being really attached (so no NTR) to Claire. Yeah, there is the prologue event, but imo, that's not enough.

On the first impressions of the game, the artwork is really amazing (and for a change, no girls with big boobs and perfect bubble ass, here, we have more natural shaped girls, that's a good point i think).
The writting is amazing too ofc, we see that time have been spent to think about each detail.
The only thing that's quite difficult for me is the fact that sex scenes are described with writting and some images instead of a little animation. I read why there will not be any animations (and i understand that choice), but i have to admit that even if the scenes are really well described, i have some difficulties to imagine the action (but i think it depends on people).

Anyway, i'll finish this good game before friday, to be ready for the next release :) keep up the good work !
Thank you @Bigsaucage23!! Both for the praise on the game and viewing that scene objectively and professionally, appreciate it greatly!!

Also, thank you for the kind praise on the artwork... wish I was a much better artist and wasn't spread so damn thin while working on this game, so I could've added a bit more bells and whistles to it like animation... but honestly, I can now understand and see how some of these creators that work by themselves get so far behind... it may be easier, once we move to the new format this fall with the sequel side game, as the writing will be a bit lighter and not so heavy on word count (I think) and won't require as much workload on me... but we will see, how good I am at it... don't want to embarrass myself further! LOL

As for the characters... yeah, I can't stand the watermelons strapped to the chest characters that are out there... I mean I have some characters that have large breasts (like Edith and Christine) but wanted to keep the characters more 'realistic' in proportions and unique than seeing the same characters that are being overused to death in 20 other games.

My goal is to hire an artist full time eventually, if @Palanto Games and I can make enough... would certainly free me up a lot more in the production cycle, that's for sure!! Maybe with the next one.

Again, thank you so much for your kind words and praise on our work and for giving our game a try!! Look forward to hearing your thoughts once you get caught back up!

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Sweet! I hadn't heard them since 'The best of metal blade' with Notorious on it. What a grand way to wake up, wonder if I can find the album again. thanks.
Ahhhh... the late 80's, that was a great compilation album and believe that was the one to introduced me to Tyrant!

Now got to dig through my CDs to see if I can find it!! But, yes, a great way to wake up!! :D

Reactions: El bacca Del Chew

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
Hehe, lately been bouncing between my german industrial (Eisbrecher current favorite), and my metal channel based on Megadeth. All for a taste of high speed dirt during the conjuring, for I thought I knew it all, but does peace sell?
Ok, more caffeine before I am allowed to type. That was bad.

Radriewyn

Jul 19, 2017
I wish you the best of luck with the game.

I tried playing the game, but the claire rape scene was way over the top in my opinion. I normally like domination and even some sadistic scenes, forced BJ ok that is fine, forced sex, that is fine. But also making her bleed, and forced anal, along with the mother watching with that grin, nope, done for me.

I really liked up until that part, and I understand that it was there to show why she did what she did with the mc, but I couldn't bring myself to play any more of the game after. It might be great, but I will never know.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Hehe, lately been bouncing between my german industrial (Eisbrecher current favorite), and my metal channel based on Megadeth. All for a taste of high speed dirt during the conjuring, for I thought I knew it all, but does peace sell?
Ok, more caffeine before I am allowed to type. That was bad.
Yes... peace is sold, it is manufactured on a daily basis! ;)

Reactions: Wyrme

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I wish you the best of luck with the game.

I tried playing the game, but the claire rape scene was way over the top in my opinion. I normally like domination and even some sadistic scenes, forced BJ ok that is fine, forced sex, that is fine. But also making her bleed, and forced anal, along with the mother watching with that grin, nope, done for me.

I really liked up until that part, and I understand that it was there to show why she did what she did with the mc, but I couldn't bring myself to play any more of the game after. It might be great, but I will never know.
No worries, appreciate that you gave it a try; As I've said before, the game isn't for everyone and the game isn't just "adult" because it has "sex" in it... it is "adult" because of the mature storyline and drama within it as well.

As for it being over the top... I personally don't believe it was.... if anything, I believe it was 'realistic'.

No offense, @Radriewyn but you say that "forced sex" is fine with you... erm... again, no offense, but isn't "forced sex" just another way of saying: "Rape", which that scene was?

So... by going from your comment, it is OK for you to witness a fantastical scene of multiple people assaulting a woman, so long as somewhere during that scene she relents and turns into a slut and takes pleasure in the "rape"... but not OK to show the harsh reality and the truth of the matter.

The age old "the bitch is getting wet, so she must enjoy it, so we're doing nothing wrong" falsehood.

FOR EVERYONE WHO READS THIS...

I am going to make an admission here!!

I put that scene in the game knowing that it was going to be a DIFFICULT subject for a lot of people to stomach. I KNEW it was going to probably cost me some Patrons and supporters... but I still put that scene in...

Why?

Because this game doesn't just challenge the MC, it is meant to challenge the PLAYER's morals and face current tropes and societal predilections that has turned adult gaming into a swamp.

Just as the MAIN CHARACTERS in this game must face themselves and their beliefs, this game is intended to do the same for the PLAYERS... to INCLUDE them and be just as psychological for them, as it is for the characters in the game.

That scene that grates on people's nerves so much, makes them uncomfortable, makes them angry, illicits a response and makes them want to put the game down and walk away from it... does exactly what it was intended to do.

That the scene would be OK for them if the rape was somehow "consensual" and was something that they could FAP to.

I find the concept of people believing that a victim of rape relenting, succumbing or deriving pleasure and telling their attacker to continue to rape them repugnant at best.

AND, interesting enough, I still have MORE PEOPLE who complain to me that they are playing as the ANTICHRIST than about the RAPE that occurs in the second chapter of the game... that somehow, for many people, the preconceived notion and religious stigma surrounding the word "ANTICHRIST" is somehow more OFFENSIVE to them than a young woman getting brutally raped.

This game is meant to challenge people, in more than just their gameplay... not only is it meant for enjoyment; but, it is also meant to challenge a person to take a hard look at their moral compass and make a decision. To know that a word or label doesn't define someone... but, rather, the ACTIONS that the one who has been labeled MAKES that defines them.

Again, this game and story isn't going to be for EVERYONE, never was intended to be... not everyone wants to have an in depth story with drama, face some pretty hard truths or play something that isn't a mindless fap-fest extravaganza of tropes and unbelievable bullshit.

This game is meant to be an entertaining intellectual, morally, socially and psychological challenge for those who play it and it is meant to inspire and promote dialogue amongst those who do... and... it does that.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
No worries, appreciate that you gave it a try; As I've said before, the game isn't for everyone and the game isn't just "adult" because it has "sex" in it... it is "adult" because of the mature storyline and drama within it as well.

As for it being over the top... I personally don't believe it was.... if anything, I believe it was 'realistic'.

No offense, @Radriewyn but you say that "forced sex" is fine with you... erm... again, no offense, but isn't "forced sex" just another way of saying: "Rape", which that scene was?

So... by going from your comment, it is OK for you to witness a fantastical scene of multiple people assaulting a woman, so long as somewhere during that scene she relents and turns into a slut and takes pleasure in the "rape"... but not OK to show the harsh reality and the truth of the matter.

The age old "the bitch is getting wet, so she must enjoy it, so we're doing nothing wrong" falsehood.

FOR EVERYONE WHO READS THIS...

I am going to make an admission here!!

I put that scene in the game knowing that it was going to be a DIFFICULT subject for a lot of people to stomach. I KNEW it was going to probably cost me some Patrons and supporters... but I still put that scene in...

Why?

Because this game doesn't just challenge the MC, it is meant to challenge the PLAYER's morals and face current tropes and societal predilections that has turned adult gaming into a swamp.

Just as the MAIN CHARACTERS in this game must face themselves and their beliefs, this game is intended to do the same for the PLAYERS... to INCLUDE them and be just as psychological for them, as it is for the characters in the game.

That scene that grates on people's nerves so much, makes them uncomfortable, makes them angry, illicits a response and makes them want to put the game down and walk away from it... does exactly what it was intended to do.

That the scene would be OK for them if the rape was somehow "consensual" and was something that they could FAP to.

I find the concept of people believing that a victim of rape relenting, succumbing or deriving pleasure and telling their attacker to continue to rape them repugnant at best.

AND, interesting enough, I still have MORE PEOPLE who complain to me that they are playing as the ANTICHRIST than about the RAPE that occurs in the second chapter of the game... that somehow, for many people, the preconceived notion and religious stigma surrounding the word "ANTICHRIST" is somehow more OFFENSIVE to them than a young woman getting brutally raped.

This game is meant to challenge people, in more than just their gameplay... not only is it meant for enjoyment; but, it is also meant to challenge a person to take a hard look at their moral compass and make a decision. To know that a word or label doesn't define someone... but, rather, the ACTIONS that the one who has been labeled MAKES that defines them.

Again, this game and story isn't going to be for EVERYONE, never was intended to be... not everyone wants to have an in depth story with drama, face some pretty hard truths or play something that isn't a mindless fap-fest extravaganza of tropes and unbelievable bullshit.

This game is meant to be an entertaining intellectual, morally, socially and psychological challenge for those who play it and it is meant to inspire and promote dialogue amongst those who do... and... it does that.
I'll be straight with you, I haven't played your game since that rape scene, it really discussed me and turned me right off, I understand your point of view and won't argue with it, but please understand mine, I know a lot of guy's probably fapped on that scene and many probably enjoyed it, but most don't, my point is: you could of at least gave an option to either go that way or not, but no, instead, you just put it in there without any options, that's when you lost me and probably many others as well, you're really lucky that no one reported you to Patreon or something like that, cause it happened before for way less than what you did. Everything before that event was great, I was really enjoying this game and was ready to pledge your project until then, but now, forget it. :(

Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I'll be straight with you, I haven't played your game since that rape scene, it really discussed me and turned me right off, I understand your point of view and won't argue with it, but please understand mine, I know a lot of guy's probably fapped on that scene and many probably enjoyed it, but most don't, my point is: you could of at least gave an option to either go that way or not, but no, instead, you just put it in there without any options, that's when you lost me and probably many others as well, you're really lucky that no one reported you to Patreon or something like that, cause it happened before for way less than what you did. Everything before that event was great, I was really enjoying this game and was ready to pledge your project until then, but now, forget it. :(
Actually, Patreon DID review the game after the release of that scene because it was reported. The individual from Patreon contacted me and informed me that it was reported, while it was originally because of the rape that my game was under review for, their reason for contacting me was because of a concern that it was familial related and wanted clarification as to the reason I did that... when I explained to them that my intent was to give players the opportunity to bring justice for that action that took place, it was deemed OK and I was allowed to continue without a problem from them...

However, I doubt that "a lot" of guys fapped off on that scene... part of the reason that it was as guttural as it was and severely limited in sexual description, was so that they wouldn't fap to it. Oh, I am sure that there were a few that might've, as there are... unfortunately, those few that would... but that wasn't the point of that scene.

Additionally, I could've put a means in which to skip that scene... but I refused to. Why write it and do all of the work necessary to have it in the story if people are just going to skip it?

That scene served a purpose in the story, it is a major plot and the impact of that plot would be lost on those who just skip it... I don't write that way and I am a big believer of "If you don't like what it is on the Television, turn the channel and don't watch it".

I will NEVER apologize for what I write in my stories. People are free to continue playing or drop it. I will never be swayed to take a backseat in the creation of MY story by others... I have seen what happens when creators allow people to do that to their work... look at Big Brother, just for example.

It is MY job to steer the story... those who choose to be supporters/patrons are passengers on that journey, I might take a detour or stop somewhere along the way for them to sight see, at their request, but I will ALWAYS be the driver and will choose the end destination... no one else.

I appreciate that you took the time to play the game, appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts on it and about that scene and appreciate that you considered supporting us in it... I do, really. Thank you.

Radriewyn

Jul 19, 2017
I think just a way to do a condensed version of the whole scene, which would still let the person playing know what happened, but not have to go through every slide of the scene, while getting the point across of what happened and how they all acted. I understand that is it part of the plot so this is just an alternative suggestion that might help with people not liking the whole scene, but as you say it is your story and you are the driver. Either way good luck :)

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Actually, Patreon DID review the game after the release of that scene because it was reported. The individual from Patreon contacted me and informed me that it was reported, while it was originally because of the rape that my game was under review for, their reason for contacting me was because of a concern that it was familial related and wanted clarification as to the reason I did that... when I explained to them that my intent was to give players the opportunity to bring justice for that action that took place, it was deemed OK and I was allowed to continue without a problem from them...

However, I doubt that "a lot" of guys fapped off on that scene... part of the reason that it was as guttural as it was and severely limited in sexual description, was so that they wouldn't fap to it. Oh, I am sure that there were a few that might've, as there are... unfortunately, those few that would... but that wasn't the point of that scene.

Additionally, I could've put a means in which to skip that scene... but I refused to. Why write it and do all of the work necessary to have it in the story if people are just going to skip it?

That scene served a purpose in the story, it is a major plot and the impact of that plot would be lost on those who just skip it... I don't write that way and I am a big believer of "If you don't like what it is on the Television, turn the channel and don't watch it".

I will NEVER apologize for what I write in my stories. People are free to continue playing or drop it. I will never be swayed to take a backseat in the creation of MY story by others... I have seen what happens when creators allow people to do that to their work... look at Big Brother, just for example.

It is MY job to steer the story... those who choose to be supporters/patrons are passengers on that journey, I might take a detour or stop somewhere along the way for them to sight see, at their request, but I will ALWAYS be the driver and will choose the end destination... no one else.

I appreciate that you took the time to play the game, appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts on it and about that scene and appreciate that you considered supporting us in it... I do, really. Thank you.
I agree with what you are saying!
My only want from you is like 5 endings
So you can have 2 or 3 bad endings 1 neutral and one harem/great ending.
Not looking forward to characters i like dying that is gonna suck!

I want to know if people that are complaining about that scene or people who stopped playing at that scene do the same thing with movies that have stuff like that? Do these people want to live in a PG bubble and ignore the news!
This game is not a rape fest jerk off game it was one scene that was done in a way to not make you horny but make you pissed/sad and for you to decide what you want the MC to do about it in the future, it is building up to the point of the MC deciding what to do about the rape/s and wife cheating along with the other crazy stuff going on.
That scene is trying to make you think what you are going to do when the time comes for you to do something like are you gonna get revenge or maybe you are gonna end the world or even maybe just kill a few if "allowed" or whatever choices we get in the future and this is why i been asking for many endings for people to get what they want.
For me i want to be like the Punisher a Anti-Hero who kills rapist and others who need it but at the same time save innocent and naive people you know some people may be guilty but still deserve a second chance.
I did complain for a few days but got over that scene but now i think harder scenes are gonna be coming soon like characters i love dying, i just hope we have choices that can somehow save them!

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
I agree with what you are saying!
My only want from you is like 5 endings
So you can have 2 or 3 bad endings 1 neutral and one harem/great ending.
Not looking forward to characters i like dying that is gonna suck!

I want to know if people that are complaining about that scene or people who stopped playing at that scene do the same thing with movies that have stuff like that? Do these people want to live in a PG bubble and ignore the news!
This game is not a rape fest jerk off game it was one scene that was done in a way to not make you horny but make you pissed/sad and for you to decide what you want the MC to do about it in the future, it is building up to the point of the MC deciding what to do about the rape/s and wife cheating along with the other crazy stuff going on.
That scene is trying to make you think what you are going to do when the time comes for you to do something like are you gonna get revenge or maybe you are gonna end the world or even maybe just kill a few if "allowed" or whatever choices we get in the future and this is why i been asking for many endings for people to get what they want.
For me i want to be like the Punisher a Anti-Hero who kills rapist and others who need it but at the same time save innocent and naive people you know some people may be guilty but still deserve a second chance.
I did complain for a few days but got over that scene but now i think harder scenes are gonna be coming soon like characters i love dying, i just hope we have choices that can somehow save them!
I am with you on wanting the 'grand' ending, but I also can Jack's need/desire for a level of realism. As shown in the scene that has once again stoked the fires of conversations in here, we may have to deal with a less than idealistic realm to get the 'best' outcome. Juggling multiple 'love' interests is tasking in any kind normal setting. I dated a skank/nympho who told me to screw a friend of hers to stop the possibility of her using sex to 'steal' me. The friend was openly bi(and engaged to a guy), and yet they both had issues if I played with anyone else, or was with the other at a time that they wanted. Even having them together was a trial at times as either would get jealous, seemingly on a whim, about who was getting more action that particular night. So, yes I would love the keep all our pretties and save the world(according to our tastes), but master @ASLPro3D is going to force us to make choices that(in all likelihood) will force us to sacrifice one interest to save another. Such is life. As much as I like the fantasy of a harem of willing and devoted toys/loves/slaves, a big part my joy here is real(gritty?) feel of the common man stepping into the unknown(ignorance has done a lot damage in this world) and trying to be something(better/more?).
Back to topic, I understand how some think anything in the game should be for release only. The adage about value being what you pay for something comes to mind, you care less about losing a free item than what you had to something you had earn. That pain(disgust/anger/angst) felt at the scene could(should?) motivate one to extract some kind of price from those that are willing to go to such lengths to achieve their ends. One would think, especially, for such (seemingly)shallow designs as William had. I have stated before, and with such a touchy topic probably will again, I understand someone not being able to continue after that scene. I wish them well, and hope that curiosity get the better of them and they come back to see how it all comes together. I could pontificate even more, but this already in the TL:DR range.
P.S. Glad you did work through it, as you have had interesting commentary in many games here. As a fan, happy to have you aboard the 'Wicked Choices' bandwagon. :p Maybe we can convince a few more people to support this team, and get a whole world of 'Wicked' games. :)

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
I am with you on wanting the 'grand' ending, but I also can Jack's need/desire for a level of realism. As shown in the scene that has once again stoked the fires of conversations in here, we may have to deal with a less than idealistic realm to get the 'best' outcome. Juggling multiple 'love' interests is tasking in any kind normal setting. I dated a skank/nympho who told me to screw a friend of hers to stop the possibility of her using sex to 'steal' me. The friend was openly bi(and engaged to a guy), and yet they both had issues if I played with anyone else, or was with the other at a time that they wanted. Even having them together was a trial at times as either would get jealous, seemingly on a whim, about who was getting more action that particular night. So, yes I would love the keep all our pretties and save the world(according to our tastes), but master @ASLPro3D is going to force us to make choices that(in all likelihood) will force us to sacrifice one interest to save another. Such is life. As much as I like the fantasy of a harem of willing and devoted toys/loves/slaves, a big part my joy here is real(gritty?) feel of the common man stepping into the unknown(ignorance has done a lot damage in this world) and trying to be something(better/more?).
Back to topic, I understand how some think anything in the game should be for release only. The adage about value being what you pay for something comes to mind, you care less about losing a free item than what you had to something you had earn. That pain(disgust/anger/angst) felt at the scene could(should?) motivate one to extract some kind of price from those that are willing to go to such lengths to achieve their ends. One would think, especially, for such (seemingly)shallow designs as William had. I have stated before, and with such a touchy topic probably will again, I understand someone not being able to continue after that scene. I wish them well, and hope that curiosity get the better of them and they come back to see how it all comes together. I could pontificate even more, but this already in the TL:DR range.
P.S. Glad you did work through it, as you have had interesting commentary in many games here. As a fan, happy to have you aboard the 'Wicked Choices' bandwagon. :p Maybe we can convince a few more people to support this team, and get a whole world of 'Wicked' games. :)
Been playing the game for awhile and i never stopped even at that scene!
As far as a Harem goes in most cases it is hard to keep that is correct but i think in a world like this game is set in the MC could manage it one way is threatening to destroy all live or maybe by smooth talking Lynara and her best friend would join and then smooth talking Syrina about making peace and i think the niece would join in just to get away from her past. If Lilith and Rhianna survive they may be easy as well just allow them to be with each other and sometimes with the MC. But i can see we are gonna have to choice between some of them to save and it is gonna suck!
May just have to kill everyone and destroy the world!
giphy.gif

lottr

Jun 9, 2018
hi i get this error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'/prologue/001journal1.png'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'prologue/001journal1.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "prologue.rpyc", line 50, in script
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1337, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1413, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2193, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2635, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3118, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2041, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 233, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 145, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 414, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 229, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 555, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Wicked Choices 0.4.5.0
Thu Jun 21 23:17:25 2018

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
hi i get this error:

Code:

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1337, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1413, in with_statement
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2193, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2635, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3118, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2041, in draw_screen
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 414, in render
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 229, in wrap_render
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Wicked Choices 0.4.5.0
This is really a question for @Palanto Games , but by my unexperienced eye, I would have to ask did you try to install an upgrade without the proper base. I believe it was 0.4.5 to be able to patch it. Check what what you have, and compare with OP, or DL whole thing. Also check install video, just in case. Hope that helps, if not, Palanto I am sure can guide you/correct the anomaly.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
hi i get this error:

Code:

Full traceback:
    clear=clear)
    surf = image.load()

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Wicked Choices 0.4.5.0
Thanks for posting the error message :)
But @Wyrme is absolutely right, you're missing all the base game files which you can get by download version 0.4.5.1 extract that version and extract over this one the patch/update v0.5.1.0 :)
How to patch it is shown in the tutorial video I made, hope it helps (turn on the sound please I didn't add text yet)

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
Thanks for posting the error message :)
But @Wyrme is absolutely right, you're missing all the base game files which you can get by download version 0.4.5.1 extract that version and extract over this one the patch/update v0.5.1.0 :)
How to patch it is shown in the tutorial video I made, hope it helps (turn on the sound please I didn't add text yet)
hmm... you wouldn't say, dl and extract v0.4.4.1, then dl and extract v0.4.5.0 over it and later today dl and extract v0.5.1.0 over it again? ;)
we poor pirates don't have v0.5.1.0 yet

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
hmm... you wouldn't say, dl and extract v0.4.4.1, then dl and extract v0.4.5.0 over it and later today dl and extract v0.5.1.0 over it again? ;)
we poor pirates don't have v0.5.1.0 yet

omg :D Right!!! :D

what the66 said ;D Download and extract v0.4.4.1 and then do the update tutorial stuff with v0.4.5.0 :D

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes