ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Unfortunately I just saw the game goes for transformation (?) in the next phase. Too bad, I was growing really interested in it.
@Mwanted... the "transformation" section is not part of the "main story" it is only being done as a side arc game that involves William's punishment for the players of the game who want to take their frustrations out and punish Claire's brother, as well as, a means for @Palanto and I to get a handle on the features and workflow of the new software that we will be using... there is no plan for "transformation" to take place in the "main game/story" with the MC, except for the brief scene that is taking place right now to keep his real identity a secret from his enemies while he is currently behind "enemy lines".

There will be NO SEX occurring for the MC while in the body of the "female traitor".

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
its the end of the first part or arc or whatever its called. if im not mistaken there will be 3 parts. so this means 1/3 done. the whole story is far from completed
You have misinterpreted things. This is only the first part of the game. (Like in Episode 1 of a TV-series).
You both are quite right, @N1K17Y and @swextal!!

If it was a television series, it would just be the "first season" of a 12 release schedule which is a year long... or as a first year run, if done as a comic book series. :)

Guygee

Jul 21, 2018
The game and story isn't over... just the first part of the story is done (The Prologue and Chapters 1-6 of 18 Chapters), so there will be plenty of more in the future, @Guygee!!
Thanks for the response - such a treat to get so thorough an involvement here from the Dev! I've now taken the trouble to check out your oposts on the direction of the story and am delighted it's got so much more to come. I'm so involved with the 2 MCs that I feel it would have been nice if the diversion to William (such a d*ck) were less pronounced and perhaps took the form of scenes intercut with a full continuation of the main story but I suspect you've got it covered and I'll be pleasantly surprised as Section 2 unfolds.... Best of luck with it, I'll be there all the way.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
@Mwanted... the "transformation" section is not part of the "main story" it is only being done as a side arc game that involves William's punishment for the players of the game who want to take their frustrations out and punish Claire's brother, as well as, a means for @Palanto and I to get a handle on the features and workflow of the new software that we will be using... there is no plan for "transformation" to take place in the "main game/story" with the MC, except for the brief scene that is taking place right now to keep his real identity a secret from his enemies while he is currently behind "enemy lines".

There will be NO SEX occurring for the MC while in the body of the "female traitor".
OK thank you for the answer. That said, those frustrated players can't just go out running? It's healthy, and useful to blow off some steam. Dramatic events are parts of any media, from cinema to music to videogames. Have you ever seen a movie director making a spin off to punish the bad guys of his movie? :) .bye

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Thanks for the response - such a treat to get so thorough an involvement here from the Dev! I've now taken the trouble to check out your oposts on the direction of the story and am delighted it's got so much more to come. I'm so involved with the 2 MCs that I feel it would have been nice if the diversion to William (such a d*ck) were less pronounced and perhaps took the form of scenes intercut with a full continuation of the main story but I suspect you've got it covered and I'll be pleasantly surprised as Section 2 unfolds.... Best of luck with it, I'll be there all the way.
Not long after @Palanto came onboard as the programmer, we began to discuss some of the things that we wanted to do and I also shared with him the mechanics that I would like to have in the game... regretfully, some of those ideas were impossible or very difficult to do in Ren'Py... it would be a huge burden on the programmer and would require several "offline" excel spreadsheets to keep track of counts, data and introduces level implementations to log all of the possible outcomes, choices and magic points, sex counts, allies, etc...

So we will be changing to a system that will hold and contain most of that data within the software, so none of that ever needs to be re-scripted and readjusted with each update we do monthly...

...but... the software is new to the both of us, requires some tweaking on our parts to match our goals and is a different programming language than Python which we've been using up to now.

Because of that, and since we didn't want to do a "trial and error" run with a new piece of software on our Main Story, we decided to do a "side-arc" story using William and his punishment as a stand alone product to test the abilities of the new software, get used to the new coding language we will have to use and get a working idea of the workflow that we will need to do when it does come time to return to "Wicked Choices: Book Two" using this new software.

We understand that this kind of story will not be everyone's cup of tea... and that there are some members here that won't play the game because of its subject matter... that is fine, I hope that they will come back when we return to the main story with the MC, our lovely little FAP: Syrina and Princess Lynara... if not, that is fine too.

My priorities is to our patrons, who contribute every month and to protecting the story, those things come first to me!

While I enjoy the people here who play our game, interact and are friends with us, my priorities will always be to those that support us and our efforts, providing them not just with a solid storyline, but with a software solution that can meet the needs of the game that we provide to them... which means taking the time to test it out, get a realistic idea of workflow and that will be done using "Wicked Choices: Adventures of a Changed Boy", to which our financial supporters have acknowledged and have chosen to support us doing.

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
But yes, should the need arises...
Just finish the project, take it off patreon and give us a limited release, directors cut, redux at some location of your choice. Some people receive money on patreon for creating nothing ON patreon. Some people receive money for nothing at all.

The day patreon bans people for using their platform as a money transfer, that create specific adult content, ADULTREON will be a thing. Hatreon happened because they already cut of a very unpopular portion of their user base and there are more adulterers than haters.

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Okay, so I took your recommendation and listened to Highway Robbery.
Wow, I had no idea that they were a power-trio AND a super-group: Nigel Tufnel from Spinal Tap, Apache Chief from the SuperFriends, and Ralph Hinckley from the Greatest American Hero. Lol j/k

Actually they weren't that bad. Sadly they suffered from what a lot of bands did from that era- and I'd even say that early Deep Purple, Iron Butterfly, Steppenwolf, The Who, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, and KISS- all had this same problem. It's the sound- I don't know if the technology wasn't there or couldn't compensate for the "loudness"* of the instruments, but it all has that same raw, almost tinny, garage-band sound to it. I don't know if they didn't have the right filters or mixers to combine the individual tracks, or the band was just playing in one tiny room through a single distortion pedal (did they even have distortion pedals back then or was it still just holes sliced in the speaker cones)? I'm not saying it's bad, but if you compare it to say Disco- which was around the same time or shortly after, it's much more subdued...but that could be because Disco didn't go up to 11! :p

*Everytime I say or read this word, ALL I can think about is that Japanese Metal band who had the hit "Rightning Stlikes", or at least that's what it sounds like... LMAO

Reactions: ASLPro3D

Caligula

Donor
Aug 22, 2017
sorry if it's been asked but can I download the 5.20 update full and be done with it or do i need to download the base game with each update 1 by 1
If you already have some version of the game (between 0.4.4.1 and 0.5.1.1) you can go for the smaller update(s).

In case you don't have an older version, or you don't need to be concerned about bandwidth/speed, you can simply download the "0.5.2.0 Full (Uncompressed) 3.37GB" file.

Emojis

Jul 18, 2017
If you already have some version of the game (between 0.4.4.1 and 0.5.1.1) you can go for the smaller update(s).

In case you don't have an older version, or you don't need to be concerned about bandwidth/speed, you can simply download the "0.5.2.0 Full (Uncompressed) 3.37GB" file.
thanks

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Problably a stupid question but if I download the " v0.5.2.0 - Full (Uncompressed) " do I need to follow the tutorial and download all the rest?
If you have "v0.5.2.0 - Full (Uncompressed)" then no, you don't need any of the other files or need to follow the tutorial.

Reactions: Palanto and Julsaid

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Okay, so I took your recommendation and listened to Highway Robbery.
Wow, I had no idea that they were a power-trio AND a super-group: Nigel Tufnel from Spinal Tap, Apache Chief from the SuperFriends, and Ralph Hinckley from the Greatest American Hero. Lol j/k

Actually they weren't that bad. Sadly they suffered from what a lot of bands did from that era- and I'd even say that early Deep Purple, Iron Butterfly, Steppenwolf, The Who, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, and KISS- all had this same problem. It's the sound- I don't know if the technology wasn't there or couldn't compensate for the "loudness"* of the instruments, but it all has that same raw, almost tinny, garage-band sound to it. I don't know if they didn't have the right filters or mixers to combine the individual tracks, or the band was just playing in one tiny room through a single distortion pedal (did they even have distortion pedals back then or was it still just holes sliced in the speaker cones)? I'm not saying it's bad, but if you compare it to say Disco- which was around the same time or shortly after, it's much more subdued...but that could be because Disco didn't go up to 11! :p

*Everytime I say or read this word, ALL I can think about is that Japanese Metal band who had the hit "Rightning Stlikes", or at least that's what it sounds like... LMAO
Yeah, well mixing boards back in '72 weren't what they are today... additionally, I'd wager that it was also partially the person who did the .mp3 of the album. :)

Reactions: Safetydummy

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Not long after @Palanto came onboard as the programmer, we began to discuss some of the things that we wanted to do and I also shared with him the mechanics that I would like to have in the game... regretfully, some of those ideas were impossible or very difficult to do in Ren'Py... it would be a huge burden on the programmer and would require several "offline" excel spreadsheets to keep track of counts, data and introduces level implementations to log all of the possible outcomes, choices and magic points, sex counts, allies, etc...

So we will be changing to a system that will hold and contain most of that data within the software, so none of that ever needs to be re-scripted and readjusted with each update we do monthly...

...but... the software is new to the both of us, requires some tweaking on our parts to match our goals and is a different programming language than Python which we've been using up to now.

Because of that, and since we didn't want to do a "trial and error" run with a new piece of software on our Main Story, we decided to do a "side-arc" story using William and his punishment as a stand alone product to test the abilities of the new software, get used to the new coding language we will have to use and get a working idea of the workflow that we will need to do when it does come time to return to "Wicked Choices: Book Two" using this new software.

We understand that this kind of story will not be everyone's cup of tea... and that there are some members here that won't play the game because of its subject matter... that is fine, I hope that they will come back when we return to the main story with the MC, our lovely little FAP: Syrina and Princess Lynara... if not, that is fine too.

My priorities is to our patrons, who contribute every month and to protecting the story, those things come first to me!

While I enjoy the people here who play our game, interact and are friends with us, my priorities will always be to those that support us and our efforts, providing them not just with a solid storyline, but with a software solution that can meet the needs of the game that we provide to them... which means taking the time to test it out, get a realistic idea of workflow and that will be done using "Wicked Choices: Adventures of a Changed Boy", to which our financial supporters have acknowledged and have chosen to support us doing.
Yep, well it's not really the programming part or the keeping in mind part, but some engines are better for this than that, so a VN engine is good for VN's obviously, but since we want to start a game which is a game, we'd rather use a "game" engine than a VN engine ;)

sorry if it's been asked but can I download the 5.20 update full and be done with it or do i need to download the base game with each update 1 by 1
Yes you can download it and be done with it, only for the next update you'd need the tutorial / update file :)

Problably a stupid question but if I download the " v0.5.2.0 - Full (Uncompressed) " do I need to follow the tutorial and download all the rest?
same as the one above, if you download the "Full" game, if uncompressed or compressed, you don't have to "update" anything or need the tutorial, only with the next update you'll need to do it (if you don't want to download the giant file all over again that is)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Yep, well it's not really the programming part or the keeping in mind part, but some engines are better for this than that, so a VN engine is good for VN's obviously, but since we want to start a game which is a game, we'd rather use a "game" engine than a VN engine ;)
You are a BETTER MAN than I, my friend, because I have a HARD time keeping in mind all of the current points and stuff that players have or should have... whew!! :D

Reactions: Palanto

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Billie_Lingerie01.png

NEW PUBLIC POLL ON OUR PATREON!!

As things wind down on "BOOK ONE" of the three books planned for "Wicked Choices", I decided to run a poll on our Patreon Page to get some feedback on where we should focus the most of our attention on our "side-arc" project of "Wicked Choices: Adventures of a Changed Boy".

Please take a moment to go and visit there ( ) to vote or feel free to respond here.

Thank you!
~Jack

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
View attachment 136131
Please take a moment to go and visit there ( ) to vote or feel free to respond here.

Thank you!
~Jack
Thanks for putting the entire event into a side / separate project. Some games literally ruined themselves because the H-lord vote demanded <insert-yours-truly-here>. I am not a huge fan of the rapu-train and zoology classes in incest related games, just break my immersion. Unless well written into the story, which most H-lord votes fail to be by design, just stay on topic.

Btw, the niece was hot, bring her back with the next swimsuit calendar.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes