ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Damn, twice in the last couple of days, I attempted to inflict my brain upon you. My fellow Syrina lovin' cultists, there is some kind evil afoot. I often share what music some scenes or a dialogue trigger a connection for me. However, when I attempted to 'spoiler' a few songs I could see going with WC:AoaCB, Poof, all gone. Leaving you all with my inane prattle, sans any worthy music. I may be playing the AC, but I could never be that cruel. So, I will instead just list the songs and hope any you do have knowledge of will make sense to you.
First, an old tune by mister Bowie(RIP) "Changes."
Second, so many lines seem to fit my preconception, Deftones "Change in the House of Flies."
Third, A great song about changing and growing, "46 and 2" by Tool.
and well, as I put together the last post I had a giggle moment and added (tongue firmly in cheek)
Fourth, The Vapors "I think I am turning Japanese"
It is strange... I had the song "Changes" in my head all day Sunday and listened to it a couple of times... kind of strange and interesting that I might've got the (unposted) message even though it couldn't be sent. :D

Reactions: Wyrme and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
ah well think this vid may describe Jac's mood for today (sorry if I shared it before o_O), though the things he says do make sense and shows he has been around for a while. Too many artistic visions do spoil the direction of any project, what is the saying there can be only one captain on a ship? or is that a literal translation out of my own language :p
Edit, seems vids are forbidden/not available at the moment but search for Gossip - standing in the way of control Live version.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
ah well think this vid may describe Jac's mood for today (sorry if I shared it before o_O), though the things he says do make sense and shows he has been around for a while. Too many artistic visions do spoil the direction of any project, what is the saying there can be only one captain on a ship? or is that a literal translation out of my own language :p
Edit, seems vids are forbidden at the moment but search for Gossip - standing in the way of control Live version.
Nope, don't think you shared that one here before and yeah, seems that vids are forbidden... strange.
And you got the phrase right, my friend... and yes, I've been around a very, very long time. ;)

Edit: GOOD SONG!!

Reactions: Palanto and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah Gossip is one of those bands that never did very well in the mainstream pop charts but had quite a following anyway due to the fact they were/are good musicians and singer had great voice. In a way i see Wicked Choices as the same, slightly to independent to make it easily mainstream, but a real gift for anyone that takes the time to look a bit further. :FeelsGoodMan:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Actually, WE have the ONLY say in what happens to our game; the fact that we include others in that decision is a CURTESY not a REQUIREMENT. Sorry to burst any bubble of disillusionment that you may have to the contrary.

I said it when I first started this and I will say it again... our game, our rules.

Don't like it, there's the door... use it.

Want a say in how we do things... support us.

Supporting us doesn't mean coming every month and grabbing the game for free... that is a curtesy we provide to everyone here. We have NO PROBLEM with feedback, we listen to it and we decide whether or not to act on it... if we DON'T that is the end of it... period.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a trail that needs to be blazed...
First thanks for your work, your way and the statement that you will continue to do it your way. I appreciate your meedling with us and your charity - without this I wouldn't be hooked on this game.

If you listen to us more than it does good for your game I blame you:evilsmile:. For myself I respect your desicion and have hope you didn't falter.

And for good RPGM games I consider as one of the better ones. I also consider Final Fantasy 6 as the best:coldsweat:.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
First thanks for your work, your way and the statement that you will continue to do it your way. I appriciate your meedling with us and your charity - without this I wouldn't be hooked on this game.

If you listen to us more than it does good for your game I blame you:evilsmile:. For myself I respect your desicion and have hope you didn't falter.

And for good RPGM games I consider as one of the better ones. I also consider Final Fantasy 6 as the best:coldsweat:.
:p:cool::evilsmile: Nice one.

But yeah I can't wait for the day that there will be an adult game company that would be able and willing to create a Dragon Age or Witcher quality adult game. Not holding my breath though in meantime. :winkytongue:

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
I get that, but look at a game like Melody. Complex story with many branching paths. Systems in place to track points for characters. And done in Ren'Py which looks fantastic. Saying Ren'Py cannot handle the workload is frankly not true.

I cannot fathom how you would not want to care about the people who are not Patrons yet, obviously you want to keep people paying who are already subscribed, but I would be doing everything in my power to draw in new subscribers. Go look at other RPGM titles, even the ones people consider good and look how many posts are of people writing it off and not even giving it a chance simply because the engine it is made in.

It is obviously your game and you guys make the final say, but there is no switching from Ren'Py, which is what people know for your game into RPGM will draw more people. Can you point to... 3 games total that are made in RPGM that use the systems well that Ren'Py cannot? That doesn't treat the non render scenes as anything but a travel device to get to the next scenes? I can't think of a single one
I have to admit that you aren't wrong, of course we could do all the stuff in ren'py. But an inventory, the items, shops and everything you'd need for that, would have to be rendered, which takes time off from those we really need to implement. Sure you can make some "make believe" traveling systems or battle systems in ren'py too, they do work great and aren't that bad either. But these want to be rendered too... meaning, every little thing has to be rendered or drawn by hand for each button/thing we need and want to implement. So yes in RPGMaker we can do stuff like that with less effort and since an inventory isn't as important as a nice steaming hot sex scene it gives us more time to do these things.
Our time is limited, we don't have unlimited amounts of it. Neither do we have a big team or the money to get more people on board to do all those things simultaneously. Sure, the pixel art isn't "in" anymore, and it's absolutely outdated. But for simple things like moving around or buying some things, maybe even a fight or two along the road, it suffices. If it wasn't for the time and money problem we'd be doing the exact thing two quotes down from this one.

So all in all it's just a matter of time, money and the ever lasting "not enough content in this update" screams that made us the choice pretty simple.

We could either kill ourselves for a few bucks each month and try to go on as we did, or we can change the engine to do the scenes we want to have as renders and can leave out simple not as important dialogues or other scenes which can be done in rpgmaker then without the need of additional renders except maybe some side images.

I mean come on, you want to see the hot scenes, maybe some real important story relevant scenes, but a simple monologue or a shopping scene doesn't "need" to be rendered if it can be done simply as a dialogue shown on a pixel art screen.
Sure, some people would rather see it all as renders, but those are most of the time the loudest voices when there isn't enough "content" then ;) So there's always two sides on a medal.

RPGMaker isn't our first choice nor is it our favorite choice. But it's the most affordable for now and the simplest way of doing a "real game" instead of a comic book with a novel sized story. I don't like the graphics of rpgmaker games either, but that doesn't change the quality of the renders in any way.
It's just the "game art" that isn't my thing. The renders will still be 1920x1080p full screen renders the same quality they have been. But enough for now ;) I guess most things were answered, some maybe not. But in the end it's a matter of time, money and managability.
With more time we could do everything as renders. With more money we could do everything in a high quality 3D engine (i.e. Unity, Unreal Engine, Havock or whatever engine there is that fits our need) in realtime.
And the managability part, well out of render stuff is just easier to manage in rpgmaker than it is in ren'py. ie. a shop would always need new renders for new scenes inside it. In an RPGMaker game you can do those "not as important" scenes as pixel art crap, sure it doesn't look as good, and probably doesn't feel as nice but if it would be something important it would be rendered.
As long as it isn't as important we can keep that time for i.e. a scene outside the shop where william gets harrassed or whatever ;)

There's more to it but as I said, I don't have unlimited amounts of time and have to go to work in an hour again. So for today that should be enough ;)

First thanks for your work, your way and the statement that you will continue to do it your way. I appreciate your meedling with us and your charity - without this I wouldn't be hooked on this game.

That is one of the better games made in RPGMaker that's true! I'm still reading up on the rpgmaker stuff, so I'm still not entirely sure what the limits of the engine are. But I'll try to hit those limits and if possible even overcome some of them. If not, well then I'll make sure that the limits aren't hurting the players experience in any way.

:p:cool::evilsmile: Nice one.

But yeah I can't wait for the day that there will be an adult game company that would be able and willing to create a Dragon Age or Witcher quality adult game. Not holding my breath though in meantime. :winkytongue:
True, that's what we like to actually do. But for that we need a good team and if possible the company that Jack works for so that they can create some of the assets we need i.e. the character "figures", clothes and so on. I've seen some work of them and what they started to do for a (far in the future) game that Jack wants to do someday when we're finished with wicked choices and have the following to make it happen. It's to say the least damn awesome! G8 is nothing compared to what they created there... but after all they want to get paid for it too ;) So as you could see in the old goals (not sure it's still in the new ones) we'd need to hit a certain goal to get them to work on the assets and all the stuff we need. When that time comes I promise you guys RPGMaker or ren'py will be just a bad memory for all of us ;)

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Edit, seems vids are forbidden/not available at the moment but search for Gossip - standing in the way of control Live version.
Nope, don't think you shared that one here before and yeah, seems that vids are forbidden... strange.
We're trimming the amount of addons we have installed in preparation for the upgrade to Xenforo 2, which we're currently planning for Tuesday.

Once the upgrade is complete, the link icons will be reenabled.
Seem videos are in this addons.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Actually, WE have the ONLY say in what happens to our game; the fact that we include others in that decision is a CURTESY not a REQUIREMENT. Sorry to burst any bubble of disillusionment that you may have to the contrary.

I get so tired of hearing people saying "I am SICK of the same old game and stories" and then in the next breath say "You should do it this way, because so-and-so is doing it this way"...

Sorry... I consider myself an innovator; leaving a comfortable, cushy spot, working in the comic book industry to create and build the communities of Renderosity and Renderotica, as well as, helping others to build similar communities and services like "DAZ Studio" and "Turbosquid" and worked hand-in-hand with companies like "Alias Wavefront", "MetaCreations", "Zygote/Daz3D", "Autodesk", "LightWave 3D" and "E-OnSoftware" at a time when 3D Computer Graphics was a new and unknown thing... and helped to make it possible for independent game creators (like myself now) to entertain everyone here with games and stories.

Innovators pay little heed to what "others" are doing, go against the grain of common practices and seek to blaze trails beyond the common status-quos to create new definitions to new and/or existing things, concepts and practices.

Our game has been out for OVER a YEAR, any that would be interested in joining us as Patrons HAVE joined us... and have REMAINED with us even into this transition from Ren'py to RPGM... this belief that we must adhere to the common practice of others to be successful in what we want to do with the future of my own products and company is insulting and this notion from others that I need justify my actions or decisions to you or others, who don't feel the crushing weight or burden of release schedules and product demand is a direct reflection of everything that is WRONG in this screwed up independent adult gaming community.

I came into this Community a year ago with the likes of complaints about my choice of using Ren'Py, my way of storytelling, my way of creating a game, of the way that characters act and behave in that story and game, as well as, the way that I am involved here as a "creator" in this Community...

...had I listened to all of that PRATTLE, our game, our company and our product would've never been completed or moving forward today.

Instead we'd be on version two or three of "Wicked Choices: Book One", listening to folks whine, piss and moan, because the game is being "redone" once more and (boo-hoo) there's no content this month. Or our game would be a hot mess of confusion and broken storytelling and no direction of the like that you saw in BB, inspiring more complaints and whining from a mass majority of individuals who could care LESS about supporting the creator.

Fuck that!

I said it when I first started this and I will say it again... our game, our rules.

Don't like it, there's the door... use it.

Want a say in how we do things... support us.

Supporting us doesn't mean coming every month and grabbing the game for free... that is a curtesy we provide to everyone here. We have NO PROBLEM with feedback, we listen to it and we decide whether or not to act on it... if we DON'T that is the end of it... period.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a trail that needs to be blazed...
Jesus Dude calm yourself. Take a look at how Palanto responds to a post like a professional not some someone who is taking personal attacks. Innovators also don't use dated technology when new and better things exist just to make a few extra bucks and make things easier on themselves. Just in your single post it seems you are so unbelievably full of yourself you wouldn't take advice from anyone, let alone a group of people that may contribute to your Patreon in the future. I literally gave my opinion, shared experiences from other RPGM games made and you went full defense without actually refuting anything that was said.

The only reason anyone knows you exist is because of this "free" service you "choose" to provide us, so go ahead and pull it and see how far your 217 patreons will push you.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I am calm.

And I gave you a reply to your opinion, apparently it wasn't clear enough, as you countered it and felt the need to try and justify your position on why I should follow your advice, so I made my point much, much clearer...

I don't have to refute, clarify or explain anything... I made my decision, whether you choose to accept it is up to you, but the decision is made; it isn't going to change, no matter how 'clever' you may try to argue your point the fact is this: My decision is made.

I need no other reason but that. Nor do I have to, again, explain myself for my decision. It's as simple as that.

Have a great day.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Jesus Dude calm yourself. Take a look at how Palanto responds to a post like a professional not some someone who is taking personal attacks. Innovators also don't use dated technology when new and better things exist just to make a few extra bucks and make things easier on themselves. Just in your single post it seems you are so unbelievably full of yourself you wouldn't take advice from anyone, let alone a group of people that may contribute to your Patreon in the future. I literally gave my opinion, shared experiences from other RPGM games made and you went full defense without actually refuting anything that was said.

The only reason anyone knows you exist is because of this "free" service you "choose" to provide us, so go ahead and pull it and see how far your 217 patreons will push you.
Hah, thankyou! I so wanted to quote this in a fitting moment: "Amazing. Every word of what you just said ...was wrong."

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Or, to repeat a quote from earlier in the thread, "Jayne, your mouth is talking. You might wanna look to that."
Yeah, throughout most of it, this 'browncoat' only wanted to just say: "I did a job and had nothing but trouble since I got it, not to mention more than a few unkind words with regard to my character. So let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job and then I get paid; Go run your little world. "

But even then, it probably wouldn't have been abundantly clear enough... :idontcare:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
x'D
I just had a flashback to SNL's Weekend Update with Jane Curtain and Dan Akroid "Jane, you ignorant slut."

thanks.
Back when SNL was actually FUNNY... don't really know what it is now, since I don't bother to watch it anymore, but do know it ain't that anymore. :eek:penedeyewink:

Reactions: Wyrme

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Namiko 04d.png

UPDATE: Adventures of a Changed Boy – Progress & New Characters (November 7, 2018)
(un-Patreonized version... in other words: BOOBIES!)

There has been a flurry of work going on around here and things are progressing quite nicely, in-between working his scheduled 12 hour shifts for his real job, Palanto has been wrapping things up on the Gold Release version of “Wicked Choices: Book One” and has also been brushing up on his Java Scripting and tearing into the underbelly of RPG Maker MV.

Likewise, the wife has been using her weekends and evenings after work, to watch step-by-stem videos on RPGM map making, to helps assist Palanto and Lain, as I focus on writing, storyboarding, 3D set designs and working with our 5 out of 6 $50 “Dom Level” Patrons to create and develop the characters, as well as, working on backstories and events for those characters.

Last time, you were introduced to one of the Patron created characters ‘Iris Marino’, well, this time allow me to introduce you to ‘Namiko Mochizuki’, another Patron created character that you will be able to encounter and interact with in our new game.

Namiko 03.png

The design of ‘Namiko Mochizuki’ was inspired, as well as, her concept and part of her backstory was created by our 'Dom' Patron ‘Felix’ who wanted a beautiful, deadly, Asian assassin introduced into the world of “Wicked Choices” and you’ll be able to first encounter her in the college that William/Billie and Claire will be attending.

Namiko’ is proficient in swords and has worked as an assassin... she’s been assigned and hired to carry out a job regarding William/Billie and, as I said, she gone as far as going undercover and attending the same college as William/Billie to do her job...

But… what exactly IS that job? What is the goal of her mission and who does she work for and who hired her? Has she taken the job for the Angelions, the Demonothans or is she working for Karma? Or is William/Billie just one step to getting her closer to a bigger prize… the ‘Antichrist’?

You’ll just have to wait to see and find out for yourself, when you play our upcoming game – “Wicked Choices: Adventures of a Changed Boy”!

Namiko 01.png

Be sure to keep checking back, as we’ll introduce you to another $50 Patron created character: ‘Océane Camille Fontaine’, that you’ll be able to interact with in the game, when we bring you our next update.

Thank you to our fantastic $50 Patrons who were excited enough to inject a little bit of themselves, their desires and fetishes, into our next game and thank ALL OF YOU for your continued devotion, support and interest in our work and games!

Talk soon,
~Jack

(Now... let's see if @DA22, @Wyrme, @Sierra3 or someone else manages to pick up on something or not...)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Grats on the new USD 50 Patrons and what is not to love about a deathly sexy Asian woman? :p Well besides Namiko meaning wave child and there used to be a masked wrestler with same nickname as her last name not much coming to mind. I must be getting old or it is still early o_O

Edit unless you want to make a connection with Miko, which is according to Eric van Lustbader a sort of ninja sorceress. :p

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes