gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
"I did a job and had nothing but trouble since I got it, not to mention more than a few unkind words with regard to my character. So let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job and then I get paid; Go run your little world. "

But even then, it probably wouldn't have been abundantly clear enough... :idontcare:
Well, if you want utmost clarity, you can always go with, "You will keep a civil tongue in that mouth or I will sew it shut. Is there an understanding between us?"

Can't get much clearer than that...

(Now... let's see if @DA22, @Wyrme, @Sierra3 or someone else manages to pick up on something or not...)
The only thing I've got is, "deadly little Miho."

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
Caffeine at unreliable levels, central processing is having rolling brown outs. Scotty is yelling that something is cracked, and its going to take days to fix it. With ya DA22, I am either diving off the wrong board, or getting old (again :p). Though, I did search the next one's name. Gonna be curious on the back story there. Too much blood in caffeine system, must...

MR. Stiale

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2018
First thing you should always do in a ren'py game if you've got i.e. no dedicated graphics card is while starting a game press Shift+G to get into the graphics settings. Disable the energy saving crap and try changing the renderer from default (openGL) to directX or Software. Update your graphics and chipset drivers. And so on and so on ;)
Thank you for saving my sanity, @Palanto.

Reactions: ASLPro3D

Sierra3

Dec 17, 2017
@ASLPro3D
Here are some possibilities:

Namiko = child of Nami; also 'wave child' / 'surf child'

Mochizuki = 'full moon' or 'to view the moon from a distance'; possibly referring to Mochizuki Chiyome, 16th century noblewoman and poet, purported to have been and created group of female ninjas (spies and agents) for the Takeda Clan.

Namiko Mochizuki = possible daughter of Izanami (in mythology, she had eight children)

(for how it all relates to Izanami no kami / Izanami no mikoto, see Japanese mythology)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Namiko kind of has that "mortal combat" look to her (clothing and costume). The flowers (lower picture) kind of gives her an Asian look and feel (whether intentional or not).

Great job as always! Looking forward to more news and content! :)
Saw that outfit and just knew, it was a winner!! And, yup, was intentional! ;)

Grats on the new USD 50 Patrons and what is not to love about a deathly sexy Asian woman? :p Well besides Namiko meaning wave child and there used to be a masked wrestler with same nickname as her last name not much coming to mind. I must be getting old or it is still early o_O

Edit unless you want to make a connection with Miko, which is according to Eric van Lustbader a sort of ninja sorceress. :p
Yeah... @DA22, been fortunate to have some patrons bumping up their pledges and helping to add their own spin on things as well... but man, your brain doesn't fire as bright in the mornings, does it?? Syrina been keeping you up at nights or something?? :D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Well, if you want utmost clarity, you can always go with, "You will keep a civil tongue in that mouth or I will sew it shut. Is there an understanding between us?"

Can't get much clearer than that...

The only thing I've got is, "deadly little Miho."
Nope, don't think it could get any clearer than that! x'D Then, again, since people have seen fit to try and abolish Natural Selection, there are some whose heads even that would still fly over... :FeelsBadMan:

Deadly Little Miho... I like the sound of that... they should make an Anime called that!! :happyblush

Caffeine at unreliable levels, central processing is having rolling brown outs. Scotty is yelling that something is cracked, and its going to take days to fix it. With ya DA22, I am either diving off the wrong board, or getting old (again :p). Though, I did search the next one's name. Gonna be curious on the back story there. Too much blood in caffeine system, must...
Okay, Okay... now I just have to know, both @Wyrme AND @DA22 not firing on all 8 cylinders, at the SAME TIME... Yeah, now I KNOW the both of you have been up to something with Syrina behind my back!!! :evilupset: Best be church related stuff or I am sending the Nuns after the both of you!! :eek:penedeyewink:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
What the hell is that costume?? She seriously wears that?? I bet she strolls in it at home too... (oh god how much i hope she does:firstimekiss:)
Either in that... or much, much less... if that is at all possible! x'D

@ASLPro3D
Here are some possibilities:

Namiko = child of Nami; also 'wave child' / 'surf child'

Mochizuki = 'full moon' or 'to view the moon from a distance'; possibly referring to Mochizuki Chiyome, 16th century noblewoman and poet, purported to have been and created group of female ninjas (spies and agents) for the Takeda Clan.

Namiko Mochizuki = possible daughter of Izanami (in mythology, she had eight children)

(for how it all relates to Izanami no kami / Izanami no mikoto, Japanese mythology)
BINGO!!! Not going to point out exactly which or explain it just yet... but, I can promise you, something is definitely afoot here!! :happyblush

Sierra3

Dec 17, 2017
@Wyrme and @DA22 were busy performing temple services earlier to the masses, so they were preoccupied. :):rolleyes:

Good thing too!! Had he failed me, as you and DA did this morning, I was just going to pack everything up and wait on the Apocalypse that would surely be following that fact!!
@ASLPro3D

So if I had not chosen wisely in my reply, we would have gotten a 'Bad Ending' and it would have been 'Game Over?' Talk about pressure.:eek::biggrin:

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
Readies foil hat brigade, just to be on the safe side. That scene with Jaochim Rivers(sp?) in Signs looking like Hersheys promo. Damn, now I have 'Signs, signs everywhere sign clogging up the scenery..,' running through my head.
Good thing too!! Had he failed me, as you and DA did this morning, I was just going to pack everything up and wait on the Apocalypse that would surely be following that fact!! x'D
Since, @Sierra3 pulled our collective fat from the fire, and delayed 'that' apocalypse.
Could that next be related to an artist of interesting taste and approach?

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
Readies foil hat brigade, just to be on the safe side. That scene with Jaochim Rivers(sp?) in Signs looking like Hersheys promo. Damn, now I have 'Signs, signs everywhere sign clogging up the scenery..,' running through my head.
That would be Joaquin Phoenix. Brother of River Phoenix. Neither of whom are related to Joan Rivers... XD

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Affirmative. Still learning to 'speak' Ren'Py and your help was very much appreciated: forcing software renderer makes all previously frustating to play games playable. Thanks again.
Glad I could help ;)

Other questions: Do you live in Europe? I have a AMD W5100 which I didn't use anymore.
It's so amazing how this community helps each other even in cases like this :) I mean seriously, two random people offering their old hardware to someone they don't even know in the slightest! :D It's awesome, thanks for caring so much :)

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes