Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
"That's the main menu from Chapter One... looks like someone trimmed it down to take out the menu bar from the game, but I posted the full photo, which part of it is covered because of the menu's directory. ;)"

Lol - My fault
Not where the image came from (game play wise) - just what site it came from has me stumped?
Wondered if you have a page like this one here on F95 somewhere else.
For example or .... (besides that is).
But the "someone trimmed" - tells me it was a repost of some type - by someone else.
They both upscale nicely to 1440p 27" scale :extremelyhappy:
(Now I have to rearrange all my icons)

Last edited:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Lol - My fault
Not where the image came from (game play wise) - just what site it came from has me stumped?
Wondered if you have a page like this one here on F95 somewhere else.
For example or .... (besides that is).
But the "someone trimmed" - tells me it was a repost of some type - by someone else.
They both upscale nicely to 1440p 27" scale :extremelyhappy:
(Now I have to rearrange all my icons)
I posted once on TFGameSite.com (I haven't gotten to the content that they are looking for yet), Ren'Py's main forums once (waste of time) and on LL (only about releases)... but this is my main go to place where I actually post regularly and hang out, but I know that my game is shared on other gaming warez sites... but since I pirate my own game as well (LOL) figure 'what the hell'.

At least here, on this site, people know that I will support the game, answer questions and interact with the members and support them too! ;)

Reactions: Palanto and Twistty

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
manchester-children-s-book-festival-update-from-the-directors-jpPGvX-clipart.gif

“Wicked Choices: Chapter Two” available for $1 Patrons and BIG NEWS, PLEASE READ!! (November 30, 2017)

First of all, THANK YOU to everyone for helping the wife and I to reach our FIRST GOAL on Patreon this month!! You all are AWESOME and we thank you for BELIEVING IN US as much as you have to pledge and we wouldn’t have come as far as we have without YOUR help!

So, THANK YOU!!!

That said, let’s get into the BIG NEWS!!!

Thanks to @Palanto Games help, starting with next month’s “Wicked Choices: Chapter Three” our game is going to be much different than the game that you’ve been playing and has some of the bells and whistles that everyone’s been waiting for to make the experience better in our game!

We want to thank @Palanto Games for all of his HARD WORK and the effort that he’s put into the game and kindly ask that you, please, tell others about this game and try to help us reach our second goal so that we can afford to keep him on staff with us FULLTIME!

Doing so gives us a better opportunity to keep making this game better for all of you and add other features that neither the wife or I have the skills to program or add to the game (like magic spells, maps, areas of interest to find new characters and NPCs to have fun with, etc.) … so, please, help get the word out about our game!

So, without further ado… here is the “Wicked Choices 0.3.0” Changelog…

---------------------------
Versioning slightly changed:

· As you can see above, the versioning got slightly changed.

· v0.3.0 stands for 0 = not finished game, .3 = Third chapter released/included, .0 = Chapter 3 patch version.

· So this would mean that it's an unfinished game that has 3 chapters inside (Prologue not counted) and that has no patch or update for the current chapter.

Converted the three previous games so that they are now contained in the new game:

· From this point forward all chapters will be added to this single game but can still be downloaded one after the other instead of all at once.

· Bear in mind that you need to have the previous chapters installed to be able to play the next chapters and the previous saves from the old versions of "Wicked Choices" that are available right now will NOT work. Only the saves made starting with "Wicked Choices 0.3.0" will work with the other upcoming chapters/releases.

Bugfixes:

· We fixed some bugs, like the animation at the end of chapter two where the statue of Syrina turns back to life. It was supposed to be a fluid animation instead of a blinking one. So now it is!

Fixed a lot of typos in the previous chapters:

· While converting the game we went through thousands of lines of code to make sure we corrected the typos and to set some necessary variables for later usage.

Auto save at the end of each chapter:

· The game creates an auto save at the end of each chapter now, so that if you're done playing the current released chapters you can just load from there when the next chapters get released.

· To load this auto save go into the loading screen and click on the "A" down in the bar. It should always be the save in the first slot. But you can make sure by just checking the date and time of the save.

Added the good / neutral / wicked system:

· The system is actually ready, but it won't be effectively used until the story progresses to the part in which it will be needed.

Added a relationship system:

· We also included a new relationship system which determines the outcome of some of the scenes later on in the game.

· Depending on your standing with some of the characters there'll be different scenes available.

Added a lust system:

· We also included a new lust system, depending on your choices your lust level rises or falls and enables or disables some extra scenes later on.

Also Added a Lynara corruption system:

· Lynara will get more corrupted depending on the route she takes and the decisions you make.

· She currently starts out pretty innocent and it's your choice if she stays like it or not.

Important choices will have an impact on the story in upcoming chapters:

· Meaning, we haven't had the time for chapter three to have visible impact on the choices you made so far.

· But we made sure that the more important choices get tracked so that we can make some slight changes in future chapters which take them into consideration.

· From now on your choices will have bigger impact, but unfortunately only slightly in chapter three yet.

Playing the game from the beginning again:

· We're sorry to inform you that because of the above mentioned changes you'll have to play the whole game from the beginning again.

· Since there were drastic changes inside the code (such as tracking some of your choices) that made it inevitable to play the whole game again.

· We apologize for the inconvenience.

Installation Guide for upcoming chapters:

· Since the game is now a single game and not each chapter in it's own game I want to clarify how you need to install upcoming chapters.

· The next chapter will be released without a new executable and it won't have the prologue -> chapter three included.

· It will only be the files for chapter four itself. You'll get a .zip or .rar file which will hold .rpa files which all need to be put inside the game folder.

If you unpacked the game in lets say
C:\Games\Wicked Choices\
then you'd have to put the new chapters .rpa files inside the folder:
C:\Games\Wicked Choices\game\
and overwrite all existing files if asked.
---------------------------

I know this may be a lot of stuff to digest, but we wanted you to understand what’ve done thus far, with the help of @Palanto Games, to make this game better and more enjoyable for you.

These new changes will be experience with December’s “Wicked Choices: Chapter Three” which starts shipping to our $30 Patrons on December 4th. and will be available here for everyone here on F95 on December 18th.

Thank you, everyone, for you support and attention!!!

~Jack

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
First of all, THANK YOU to everyone for helping the wife and I to reach our FIRST GOAL on Patreon this month!! You all are AWESOME and we thank you for BELIEVING IN US as much as you have to pledge and we wouldn’t have come as far as we have without YOUR help!
Bravo and well deserved, a good step:

"And it's whispered that soon, If we all call the tune
Then the piper will lead us to reason
And a new day will dawn
For those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter"

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Wow Jack - the team has been busy.
What a huge amount of work you guys (lol - sorry wifee guys and gal) did - but feel that it will make the game - that more interesting to play.
Story is top notch, art is very nice, and now we will be able to have ...choices that will have an impact on the story in upcoming chapters.
Looking forward to seeing the new game design.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Looking forward to seeing the new game design.
I hope you don't expect a new gui, since we decided against a display of stats to not disturb the player and the art of course ;)

If that'd be a wish from the players we'd have to think about it later. But for now it's like that, all the systems integrated are invisible to the player, until they reach the points in which the stats get evaluated. ;) This way the player won't get distracted by numbers and won't go the route with the most possible points but the route which seems the best and most enjoyable to the player (Or the right or wrong one for them).

p.S.: So they are more concentrated on the story then on the numbers displayed ;)

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Never mentioned GUI - lol
Just happy to see how you tied it all together?
Assuming it will be something like xxx1.rpa , xxx2.rpa, xxx3.rpa for the chapters (could also be "loose" files but...) - curious what and where the " systems integrations" are or could possibly be in a few updates?
And what "choices" might or could be integrated into or in future updates.
That type of tinkering I like doing - after I played the game.

So they are more concentrated on the story then on the numbers displayed
Agree - it's a visual story not an rpg. :cool:

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
:) Yeah it's like chapter_one.rpa, chapter_two.rpa and so on. ;)
This way we can release the next chapter (4) just as a single chapter_four.rpa and the scripts.rpa + shared.rpa
It would make downloading it faster because you don't have to redownload the older chapters images over and over again.
I made sure to create a scripts.rpa so that we can change all script files, for all chapters, any time without worrying that the players have to redownload the image files of the old chapters ever again or that they need to replace too many script.rpa files like chapter_one_scripts.rpa chapter_two_scripts.rpa and so on. This way we don't confuse players with more seperate files than are actually needed and since it's a fairly small file anyway, why creating a seperate one for each chapter? :)
The shared.rpa makes sure you get the shared files that are needed for more than one chapter (just some images like backgrounds, bad end screens and so on). ;)
The systems integration and usage already happened, everywhere inside the game so far. Only the impact of the system isn't inside yet. Because we didn't have the time to render more images for the earlier chapters without missing the deadline for chapter 3. :) So the effects of the systems will be visible for the first time in chapter 4. (Just a really really small one at the end of chapter 3 :p )
The only system not "used" yet is the good/neutral/wicked system because of story reasons! :D

So feel free to tinker around :) But make sure you know how to "open" .rpyc files ;) since there won't be any .rpy files inside. :p Didn't want to make it too easy on the cheating guys! ;)

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
So the effects of the systems will be visible for the first time in chapter 4.
So that is the "start" point for decisions (with consequences) - going forward?
Or are some choices from the earlier chapters being "thought about" being integrated into the new system also?
Possibly later...after the dust settles and things aren't so crazy.
(But I guess that's more of a writting decision more than anything?)
Sounds like the "time crutch" for this update was nuts!

But make sure you know how to "open" .rpyc files
Hahaha - You do know that this is the F95 Zone :cool:
PS - It's a 59Kb bat file :eek:penedeyewink:

Don't know if its more fun playing the game or following its development?
Maybe a bit of both!

Thanks for the detailed response .
(Sounds like the .rpa's are designed as how I imagined they would be.)

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
So the effects of the systems will be visible for the first time in chapter 4.
So that is the "start" point for decisions (with consequences) - going forward?
Sounds like the "time crutch" for this update was nuts!

But make sure you know how to "open" .rpyc files
Hahaha - You do know that this is the F95 Zone :cool:
PS - It's a 59Kb bat file :eek:penedeyewink:

Don't know if its more fun playing the game or following its development?
Maybe a bit of both!

Thanks for the detailed response .
(Sounds like the .rpa's are designed as how I imagined they would be.)
Hehe, yes well, the choices (or at least some) you do in the prologue -> Chapter 3 get tracked, also the stat points for some scenes get added. This means we can change the outcomes of those choices from chapter 4 forward. But we didn't have the time to do some major changes on the prologue -> Chapter 3 itself, meaning there aren't any visible changes in the previous chapters except fixed typos :)
But with chapter 4 and up we can create new scenes and different outcomes of scenes with the choices made before in the prologue -> chapter 3. And of course with the choices you made in chapter 4 and up itself :)

That's right, the little bat ;) No I didn't forget where I am :) But still many users wouldn't know what we mean, even here ;) I still see things like: How am I supposed to open a .zip file and what do I do with the files inside that? How do I start this game and so on in boards like this one ;)

Hah, I can say for myself that developing (or helping to develop) it is even more fun than "just" playing it :) Well I'm
still going to play it anyways ;P (Besides of testing for bugs and so on :D )

You're welcome, and I guess you're right, those .rpa's will be split into "images for chapters" and "script files" ;) So just like everybody else would do it if they want to do it right.

Only three days till 0.3 :heartcoveredeyes:
:) Happy to see you're so excited about it :)
But it's three days for the 30$ patrons :) For us here on the board it'll be seventeen days :)

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Oh no, forgot to add a mac user installation guide X_x

If there are any mac users in here, to add the upcoming chapters (chapter 4+) to the game later, you'll have to replace the windows directory with your mac versions which would look like this:

WickedChoices.app\Contents\Resources\autorun\game\

that's the folder you'll have to install the new chapters in by replacing the existing files with the one from chapter 4's zip file ;)

constantine

Jul 1, 2017
Oh no, forgot to add a mac user installation guide X_x

If there are any mac users in here, to add the upcoming chapters (chapter 4+) to the game later, you'll have to replace the windows directory with your mac versions which would look like this:

WickedChoices.app\Contents\Resources\autorun\game\

that's the folder you'll have to install the new chapters in by replacing the existing files with the one from chapter 4's zip file ;)
I'm a mac user. Thanks for not forgetting about us. Since the stats are gonna be hidden, will there be any visual affects to the choices, like if Lynara gets corrupted, she changes her look?

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
I'm a mac user. Thanks for not forgetting about us. Since the stats are gonna be hidden, will there be any visual affects to the choices, like if Lynara gets corrupted, she changes her look?
You're welcome :)
About the effects, that's something you'll see when the time comes ;) But also something only @ASLPro3D can and should tell everyone if he feels like it ;)

p.S.: Because that part is/would be more of an artists part then a programming one ;)

Last edited:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Yay... people are talking about the game and the changes we've made (over on Patreon people just sort of shrugged and went nice and moved on to the next post. :D)!!

As of right now, relationship and romances can be built starting with the prologue, as well as, lust and Lynara's corruption... those points were assigned with the new build but the full weight of that stuff can appear to a small degree by the end of Chapter 3...

From Chapter 4 and going forward, depending on your replies and answers will determine if you are building a relationship with someone or losing it... if lust gets to high, you are going to want to take care of that or suffer a penalty (like be too distracted to think or respond clearly or touching yourself without thinking based on corruption and costing relationship points with some people).

The Good / Wicked / Neutral choices in replies and actions that will REALLY take affect in Chapter 6 will be NOTICEABLE and CLEARLY marked by Emoticons... at that point you are making a conscious choice of the sort of person either the MC or Lynara are... and those choices it will be noticeable through actions, choices and dialogue.

As for Lynara's corruption... this will also be noticeable through choices, actions, thoughts and dialogue... it will also play a part in how receptive she is to certain events that will come her way... or... how she chooses to get through those events.

Also based on her corruption will determine how she dresses... the changes will be little at first, but over time, it will become much more apparent... and commented on. ;)

Just trying not to burden myself with too much too soon, so I need a little room to juggle some with these new abilities and changes... but they are changes we wanted and needed... I don't want to sacrifice the depth of the story nor the artwork and quality we've established, that is very important to us.

As time progresses through the game, we want to add other things like power, spells, maps, (fuckable) NPCs... etc., but we need to make those things available in increments so as not to turn this game into a 'house of cards' and disappoint people... get used to juggling 3 bowling pins before adding a 4th and so on. ;)

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
and
Thanks for your replies - I tell a lot of thought and foresight was put into all the work that has been done lately - and how it was "applied" to the game - made thus far.
Things can only get more exciting.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes