ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Yes, the worst part of the characters that you invent is when they freakishly turn against you and do what they want :p
Yeah, I seriously need to figure out a way to reduce that from happening in the game, as it keeps taking longer to get the story told because I am not being heavy handed with the characters enough and each month I keep losing a little more the release buffer that I had created for myself.

It is a bit stressful, frustrating and nerve-racking because I am not sure how many would like the game if story continues to expand as it's been... :(

Reactions: UncleVT

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
since you said that i gotta ask, have you read m. r. forbes' chaos of the covenant series?
At a friend's (Bobby Nash, another good author) suggestion, I purchased from Kindle 'Hell's Rejects' and began to read it... story and plot is a bit straight forward, at least what I've read of it... but got swamped with work between the 2 paying jobs I work and the game... but intend to get back into it.

omg, that sounds like, you're a writer! soon you will be sitting down to write entire novels in one go! nah only lester del ray could do that.... but still sounds like you have the writing bug.. and if you can't argue with your own creations, what can you argue with?!?
Oddly, the really interesting thing is... it takes a minimum of 40,000 to make a novel... my first novel "Ebon Knights: Knight's Fall" (which originally was supposed to be a sequel Caliber comic book series to James O'Barr's "The Crow" series, but was converted instead to be about vampires) ended up being over 200,000 words and 470 pages... so when I write, me and the characters can't seem to shut up!! :D

you should try christian kallias' universe in flames series, it makes me laugh cuz of all the references i see in it to a certain anime, i wonder if he's realized it yet tho haha and if you haven't guessed yet, yea i like sci-fi space operas haha but i also like the old masters like robert a. heinlein who through one of his characters often came up with fantastic quotes like 'never underestimate human stupidity' i even see them sometimes happen in reality.... ie: trump.....
Yes, was a good fan of Heinlein as well, will have to check out Kallias work as well if and when I get time and a chance... hell, I need to find a way to find time for things other than work and the game, as my poor wife did most of the holiday shopping this year and I've not heard the last of that fact from her... ;)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
@Zippity: Thank you so much for taking the time and care into writing such a well thought out and in-depth review of our game!

While I may not personally agree with some of your comments about the game, they are your opinion and your opinion matters to us; and it also goes a long way to providing us an in-depth look into how others are viewing our game, their particular tastes, kinks and interests.

We hope that you continue with our series and, hopefully, enjoy it and thanks again for the time and care you put into the review for everyone to read!!

Reactions: Twistty

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Those arguments with oneself are entertaining until I lose :(

The ones with the creatures we make (as I attempted to put paper a story once or twice, but they rebeled) were the most enlightening. heheh
Agreed, there is no better or truer way to finding out the person that you are, than to pick up a pen and paper and let your imagination run with itself... you'll find, as a writer, that you put far more of yourself into the story than you ever thought you would and it is a good way in which to exercise a demon or two. ;)

Sep 8, 2017
why is 'go and see for yourself' greyed out?!?!? i don't wanna refuse and go to sleep!! haha btw love the little demon, plus i hope you make it so claire can escape the scum she has to call family.
'Go see for yourself' is grayed out because, essentially, you're not evil enough to make that choice. Hey, wanna be evil enough? Easy fix! Scroll back thru previous choices you've made, ( or load from an earlier save) 'til you get back to the part where you're finger-raping the gnome-demon-princess and she's begging you to stop. Don't stop. Keep going, and eventually she'll squirt all over your finger. Then you'll have the option of tasting it, do that, and watch things get all kinds of fucked up! After that, you'll be evil enough/corrupted enough to able to justify spying on your own kid, and the option 'go see for yourself' will be available.

Reactions: ASLPro3D
Sep 8, 2017
Agreed, there is no better or truer way to finding out the person that you are, than to pick up a pen and paper and let your imagination run with itself... you'll find, as a writer, that you put far more of yourself into the story than you ever thought you would and it is a good way in which to exercise a demon or two. ;)
Awesome game!! Beautiful artwork, and the writing in chapter 3 added layers to the story- a level of depth I've not previously seen in these kinds of games. Thanks for all your hard work, and Happy Holidays!

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
good way in which to exercise a demon or two. ;)

Cannot help but to think of Farside Demons jazzercizing in hell lol

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Awesome game!! Beautiful artwork, and the writing in chapter 3 added layers to the story- a level of depth I've not previously seen in these kinds of games. Thanks for all your hard work, and Happy Holidays!
Thank you so much @Ishnaga'untaar, for both the very kind words on our game and for the holiday wishes!!

We are really glad that you recognized the level of work and detail that we're putting into the story, we really want people to sit there and say: "Wow, this isn't like your normal kind of 'adult' game!!"

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on future chapters and have yourself a very safe and Happy Holidays!! :)

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Here is one.

At each chapter change (1,2 until the latest, 4) some images from the previous chapter come, it may be related to using fast forward ? In any case, did not happen with others Renpy games so far.
These saves are from the end, so they should have nearly the same content, would the first autosave be useful ?

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Here is one.

At each chapter change (1,2 until the latest, 4) some images from the previous chapter come, it may be related to using fast forward ? In any case, did not happen with others Renpy games so far.
These saves are from the end, so they should have nearly the same content, would the first autosave be useful ?
@Palanto Games should be on in an hour or so and he'll take a look at it, for you. Hopefully we can figure out where the problem lies and get you back on track, @seden!

Reactions: Palanto

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Uhm, do you mean those scenes:

screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png screenshot0004.png ?

They are at the end of each chapter as a thank you for the patrons who supported us in the time as the chapter was made, and because it was multiple games before instead of a single one.
Sure we could remove the "To Be Continued" part at the end of each chapter previous to the latest, because it irritates new players, thinking the game ends now and doesn't continue with the next chapter :)

I'm going to make a little video on how my game looks when I load your savegame and when I play it further, maybe you can check that one and tell me if it looks the same in your game as in mine because I really can't find any bugs in the source code, nor in your savegame, that would cause a loop of old images. Except if you mean those above and the thank you scenes after those images.... like this one:
screenshot0007.png

They are different to each chapters end though (in text as in images, except for the "To be continued" and "Please Support my Game on Patreon" part ;) )

I'll be back in a bit, after uploading the video. Maybe you can clarify a bit "which" images you see at the end of each chapter. Maybe a screenshot (Press "S" in the game to create a screenshot, in the upper left corner apears the path where the screenshot gets saved) could help me identify the problem a little better :)

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Just a reminder..
I've gotten wind of a member being upset over the game seemingly "pushing" evil routes/content. Not gonna wax philosophical over the existence of good and evil in this world. But I will make this point-
Good and evil are concepts. Concept is defined as 'an abstract idea; a general notion'. Understand and accept that fact. That's all "good" and "evil" are.. concepts, ideas, a general direction!
It's also a fact that your good and my evil can overlap. Everybody's view on good and evil are starkly different. My view of it is different then my neighbor's and that's okay! Not an issue.
So if someone wants to use a game to explore the limits of those concepts, they can so long as it's legal in their country. You can express that due to your view, you don't feel comfortable. And leave it at that... because it's your own concept that rules your own view of good and evil. :angel::evilsmile:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Well I most certainly agree with that @muttdoggy the concept of "good" and "evil" is exactly that... a concept that is often times shaped solely on popular, societal view at any given time. What was "wrong" yesterday like (women showing off their ankles) can become something "right" today... so, you are exactly right.

Reactions: Twistty

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
member being upset over the game seemingly "pushing" evil routes/content
I do not understand the problem here.
The more "evil" you are the more "deviant" content you got, as for myself as i wasn't enough i didn't get it, and that's fine coz my choices dictated the game and react as consequences. So the fact to act evil which lead to evil content is a problem !! I don't get it.
Actions=consequences !

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Perhaps I am the one at fault by trying to provide a route where a person could play "nice" or play "naughty"... if you play "nice" you don't peep on your daughter which in my book would be "naughty", but if you did... you need to get content for that action... cause and effect...

Reactions: El bacca Del Chew

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Okay, enough about that stuff... let's get back to talking about the game, life and what we are going to do for the holidays (or WHO we are going to do if we are lucky enough)!!

So what are you all doing for the holiday?? Anyone like me who has to work??

Yeah, I have to work... otherwise there won't be a chapter four in January! LOL

Reactions: UncleVT and Twistty

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
That's true, also I don't know where he/she gets the idea of getting forced to be evil... the good / neutral / wicked system that's getting introduced in later chapters is certainly a signal that you won't have to be bad.... just take everything that's happening before that system gets introduced as an intro to what's going to happen not as a fixed way the story will play out... besides, I don't see any forced way of making him an "evil" antichrist... just because he is the "antichrist" doesn't mean he is a bad person or has to be one. Since the religious part in this game is certainly different from what we're used to in reality :p

U

User_10739

I do not understand the problem here.
The more "evil" you are the more "deviant" content you got, as for myself as i wasn't enough i didn't get it, and that's fine coz my choices dictated the game and react as consequences. So the fact to act evil which lead to evil content is a problem !! I don't get it.
Actions=consequences !
Evil is actually irrelevant here, as the MC is allegedly the antichrist but not necessarily the bad guy. As it is a war between 2 alien races, who both believe themselves to be the good guys and 1 side started organized religion to vilify the other side. In this case they are more social/moral issues.

(Damn, I took too long typing and got scooped...)

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Okay, enough about that stuff... let's get back to talking about the game, life and what we are going to do for the holidays (or WHO we are going to do if we are lucky enough)!!

So what are you all doing for the holiday?? Anyone like me who has to work??

Yeah, I have to work... otherwise there won't be a chapter four in January! LOL
Well, today starts the summer here, and I've holidays from tomorrow until february, so not work in the holidays :D

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes