Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
@seden here is the video:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Could you check if it looks the same for you as it does in my video? And if not maybe you could add a screenshot with an image that is shown in your game which isn't in my video :)

p.S.: I used your savegame for the video

Last edited:
Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Evil is actually irrelevant here, as the MC is allegedly the antichrist but not necessarily the bad guy. As it is a war between 2 alien races, who both believe themselves to be the good guys and 1 side started organized religion to vilify the other side. In this case they are more social/moral issues.

(Damn, I took too long typing and got scooped...)
Scooped, yes, but very, very well said!! :D

Sep 4, 2017
This version of christianity actually makes more sense, but it also made me wonder, do christian people play these kinds of VN's?
I mean i could just imagine the the horror when they come to that part and find out that Jesus is not Mexican, but alien. xD

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
This version of christianity actually makes more sense, but it also made me wonder, do christian people play these kinds of VN's?
I mean i could just imagine the the horror when they come to that part and find out that Jesus is not Mexican, but alien. XD
I don't see why they wouldn't play adult games... well... at least the ones that don't run from place to place, waving their religion like it is some badge, asking for money while their private plane is being fueled on a runway for a "Mission Trip" in the Bahamas... ;)

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
Sorry that you feel that way @trumpthatbitch, but it had to be done this way as before your choices only mattered per chapter and would've never affected the outcome of the ending of the story... in short, your choices would've never mattered...

Additionally, the game will still be done in and released into "chapters", you only need to keep the download that you currently just grabbed and download the small chapter that will be released each month once more... but hey, if you want to play a game where choices don't matter, there isn't an epic story involved around you and your character, I am sure there are plenty of other titles out there that easily fit that category.

Happy Holidays
Yeah, sorry for being rude. I could have communicated my thoughts better thanks for the respectful reply.

I don't really think you understand my point though. I just don't understand why devs feel the need to release a full update everytime they update a file. I appreciated the fact you kept your files seperate because on a slow metered connection I didn't have to download 3GB for 200MB worth of new data.

I don't really understand why Devs don't release updates for example and keep the image folder the same or seperate by rpa for chapters. It's just a pet peeve of mine. Not a huge deal for small games but others with monthly updates 2-3 GB per 10 minutes of gameplay gets old fast. Anyways don't want to derail the thread but it would be nice if devs thought about how they deliver content not just the creation of it.

Harlequin1229

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah, sorry for being rude. I could have communicated my thoughts better thanks for the respectful reply.

I don't really think you understand my point though. I just don't understand why devs feel the need to release a full update everytime they update a file. I appreciated the fact you kept your files seperate because on a slow metered connection I didn't have to download 3GB for 200MB worth of new data.

I don't really understand why Devs don't release updates for example and keep the image folder the same or seperate by rpa for chapters. It's just a pet peeve of mine. Not a huge deal for small games but others with monthly updates 2-3 GB per 10 minutes of gameplay gets old fast. Anyways don't want to derail the thread but it would be nice if devs thought about how they deliver content not just the creation of it.

Earlier in the thread they discussed this. This release had to be the whole shebang because the framework was new and the chapters had to be fit in. Upcoming releases are going to be just the new chapter that you unpack to the game directory.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017

Just like @Harlequin1229 said, seems like you misunderstood us too :D It just had to be released this size this time because we had to put the game as a whole together... you could've downloaded this one in parts too if you wanted to... But we thought it would be easier for everyone to download the game this one time as a big whole game in a single file instead of in each chapter it's own. With the upcoming chapter 4 everyone will only have to download the chapter 4 files not the game as a whole again (and if you were a 30 or 20$ patron you'd have seen it this time already, because they had version 0.3.0 as a whole game and then the new 0.3.0.1 as a "patch" only, without all the previous gamefiles again ;) )

p.S.: To clear it up in short: This version was not an "update" it was a new start over for the game, so that it could become a game. All the following chapters will be "updates" exactly like you mentioned them in your post.

Last edited:

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
No, as said for me it was not this way, guess the worry is local then. Tbs.
Maybe, but if you find out what the problem was it would be nice to know.... I couldn't test the linux version myself so it could be a problem with the linux version.... but I haven't gotten any bug report like that from another linux player yet.

n0b0dy

Jun 1, 2017
Tried this game and had a lot of fun. You can tell the creators have a lot of passion for this game, not often do I see a game here with such a high quality in writing and a original setting, where choices really matter and the characters actually seem to have some depth. The visuals are quite nice too, no doubt there is put many thought and hard work to create such beauty. Oh and a lot of delicious rape too! I know I am not going to see anything as hot as the rape scene with Claire in what remains of the year! I only wished the real perverts like me would have been able to watch the scene with the daughter and the dog in all it's uncensored glory but that's just me being greedy. So yeah, very impressed and can't wait for more of this awesomeness.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Hey, don't worry about it, @trumpthatbitch, it's the silly season... where time and patience is short, stress and worry abounds, people are in a rush and money is tight... don't stress it any.

But, for the record, one of the major sticking points that I presented to @Palanto Games was the importance of being able to continue providing the game in "chapter chunk" updates, rather than forcing players to re-download the entire game over and over again, taxing people on limited or metered Internet.

So while this download was 1.5tb in size, all future updates will be back to lower file size for those like you.

As for why other Devs don't follow the same format, I haven't a clue. To me, they are limiting the reach of their games and interest in their games because they beef them up so much that you have to wait hours to download it if you are on a poor connection.

I really don't understand it to be honest and it is the main reason that I choose to do my game using Renpy instead of using RPGMaker, as I knew that even without a programmer, I could split the game up as individual chapters rather than for a large download on people for every release each month (also because till Palanto joined the team, the game was just kinetic).

Anyhow, next month we will be back down to smaller file size for everyone at least for our game and all you do is dump the file in the folder that this month's game is in to keep playing.

Happy Holidays!! :)

Reactions: Palanto

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Anyhow, next month we will be back down to smaller file size for everyone at least for our game and all you do is dump the file in the folder that this month's game is in to keep playing.
Well except for the android version. I haven't found a solution to the restrictions it has combined with ren'py (only one update file possible and that is max. size of 2GB "or" the whole game as one file.....) so in that case everyone who wants to play it on android has to download the game over and over again :(

Except if the "update" file works with the single file game combined (Everyone downloaded 0.3.0.1 now with everything included and the next chapter will be the patch file.... if that works)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Tried this game and had a lot of fun. You can tell the creators have a lot of passion for this game, not often do I see a game here with such a high quality in writing and a original setting, where choices really matter and the characters actually seem to have some depth. The visuals are quite nice too, no doubt there is put many thought and hard work to create such beauty. Oh and a lot of delicious rape too! I know I am not going to see anything as hot as the rape scene with Claire in what remains of the year! I only wished the real perverts like me would have been able to watch the scene with the daughter and the dog in all it's uncensored glory but that's just me being greedy. So yeah, very impressed and can't wait for more of this awesomeness.
Thank you so much for the kind review and thoughts, @n0b0dy, about our game!

We really wanted to create a story and game with a lot of depth, emotion and sex, breaking away from the usual kind of rehashed story plotlines on other games.

Our goal with the "Good / Wicked / Neutral" that we will be using in upcoming releases will open the door for players to unlock a path for themselves more to their own particular brand of morals, rather than the morals that other game creators force on players... because of the recent discussions about certain fetishes (or tags or whatever you call them) we are going to try and mark each path for the player so they can know what they are going to get into if they choose a particular path... we may not do this for everything, just for the more hardcore themes... but this would be a good thing that we can all have a conversation about in the future. ;)

Again, thank you so much for the kind thoughts about our work and Happy Holidays to you!! :D

Reactions: n0b0dy

n0b0dy

Jun 1, 2017
We really wanted to create a story and game with a lot of depth, emotion and sex, breaking away from the usual kind of rehashed story plotlines on other games.
I can see that! There are few things nicer to witness in life than a talented artist/group of artists who really try to excel as much as possible and are making something out of love for the arts even if that means not taking the easy way. I can tell from your game and the way you respond on this forum you have a real passion for your game and it warms my heart especially since many developers in the adult genre do not go their own way but merely copy what has already been proven successful.

Our goal with the "Good / Wicked / Neutral" that we will be using in upcoming releases will open the door for players to unlock a path for themselves more to their own particular brand of morals, rather than the morals that other game creators force on players... because of the recent discussions about certain fetishes (or tags or whatever you call them) we are going to try and mark each path for the player so they can know what they are going to get into if they choose a particular path... we may not do this for everything, just for the more hardcore themes... but this would be a good thing that we can all have a conversation about in the future. ;)

Again, thank you so much for the kind thoughts about our work and Happy Holidays to you!! :D
But I do not want to unlock a path that fits with my brand of morals, I want a path were the characters act all mean and stuff and have no regard for each others well-being :confounded:
All kidding aside it is understandable some fetishes are not for everybody and a game like this is the most enjoyable if you can pick a path with fetishes you are into so kudos to you for doing that. For me the more twisted fetishes are the most appealing so I am very happy to see those in your game.

Thank you for your response and all your hard work and Happy Hollidays to you also :)

Reactions: Penfold Mole

ComicBookGuy

I only play good games
Donor
Oct 5, 2017
Hi @ComicBookGuy, if you downloaded it from the Opening Page, then you have the Prologue along with Chapter's 1-3...
I tried both Nopy and Mega, both gave me the same 1 Renpy game with an exe. Both games end with me having sex with Claire and something weird happening to a fairy.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes