Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
Just download the Base Game - 0.3.0.1 and the update - 0.4.1.0 - and overwrite everything when asked.
The Base Game includes all updates up until Chapter 3 - and - 0.4.1.0 is the latest Chapter 4.

Have fun and Enjoy! :eek:penedeyewink:
Thx @Twistty, I was just looking back at the posts to word that correctly. Though, for clarification believe ASL said first of (4?) parts to this chapter.

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
how do you update on mac? im still confuse on the instructions. i did read on how to install but still confuse
Mac players please overwrite your WickedChoices.app folder with the one in the .zip file.
I don't have a mac but seems to be same logic than PC.
The base game (the first 3 chapter in one file exe) that you used to play so far, must be in a folder then you download the update / unzip it / overwrite WickedChoices.app folder / and bingo....i hope :)

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
Thx @Twistty, I was just looking back at the posts to word that correctly. Though, for clarification believe ASL said first of (4?) parts to this chapter.
I think from now on the chapters will be split in parts. Meaning that what used to be a full chapter 4 will be divided in several updates....it was explained on his patreon page.
Fine with me but yeah might be a bit confusing :)

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
Sans Reality TV, I am with you 100%. In fact, I believe I gave similar advice after the mad push he did through the Holy days :eek:penedeyewink:
BUt you know the reality tv show is essential, program used to be educative and made you realize how much you can learn but now, it is only to show you how smart you are and how you can find way more dumb than you...so to be able to face the new reality a tv show is awesome...haha.

EDIT: of course i exagerate way too much but...and btw there's still discovery channel for learning, you feel smart the time of the show and forget everything an hour later, ahaha.

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
Hopefully, my verbage is clean enough to help.
P.S. If I totally missed what you meant then the two brain of this operation slap me about and redirect you in a much more professional manor.
Good luck and have fun.
Thanks for the answer. Your meaning is clear, but I'll I just end up doing what I did to get all messages about the missing prologue pictures. However, I did do it again and now the game works fine.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MBL

Jan 12, 2018
The base game (the first 3 chapter in one file exe) that you used to play so far, must be in a folder then you download the update / unzip it / overwrite WickedChoices.app folder / and bingo....i hope :)
I'm having the same ques
Unfortunately the mac version exists out of one executable file only. The base file is 1.67GB while the update is 493mb. So overwriting the base file with the update doesn't work. I've searched my mac for a *.app folder, but there isn't any..

empguy

Oct 26, 2016
I'm having the same ques

Unfortunately the mac version exists out of one executable file only. The base file is 1.67GB while the update is 493mb. So overwriting the base file with the update doesn't work. I've searched my mac for a *.app folder, but there isn't any..
Right click on the application, and then show contents. This will reveal a folder in both the original and update files called "Contents". Then, while pressing option (the "alt" key), move the Contents folder from the update patch to the original application. You should then get a dialog box asking whether you want to stop, replace or merge the folders. Choose merge and you'll be done. This worked for me on High Sierra 10.13.2.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Alright, first things first :)

MAC Users:
The BASE GAME v0.3.0.1 is a .zip file that has a single folder inside it which is called: "WickedChoices.app" Inside this folder are all the game files for all the chapters prior to chapter 4 part 1... the UPDATE FILE v0.4.1.0 has this same folder structure, inside the .zip file you find the "WickedChoices.app" Folder which has all the game files for v0.4.1.0 inside it, if you take this WickedChoices.app folder now and copy it over the v0.3.0.1 WickedChoices.app folder it will integrate all NEW files into the old game and replaces OLD files that have to be replaced (like the scripts.rpa and so on...).

Since it seems to be a bit more complicated on MACs *sigh* here is a MAC users explanation on how that really works.... :

Thanks to @empguy:
Right click on the application, and then show contents. This will reveal a folder in both the original and update files called "Contents". Then, while pressing option (the "alt" key), move the Contents folder from the update patch to the original application. You should then get a dialog box asking whether you want to stop, replace or merge the folders. Choose merge and you'll be done. This worked for me on High Sierra 10.13.2.

Windows and Linux Users:
Since ren'py creates a folder inside the .zip files including the version number it's a bit confusing (I'm going to change that in a bit... but have to upload everything again). So if you download the BASE GAME v0.3.0.1 you'll get a .zip file with a folder inside which is called: "WickedChoices-0.3.0.1-pc" inside this folder are all the game files for all the chapters prior to chapter 4 part 1.
Now if you download the UPDATE FILE v0.4.1.0 you'll get a new .zip with a folder inside which is called: "WickedChoices-0.4.1.0-pc" this one holds only the updated files and the new files for chapter 4 part 1. Now the Problem is that ren'py just adds the version number to the folder name, this way you can't just copy WickedChoices-0.4.1.0-pc into the same folder you have your WickedChoices-0.3.0.1-pc because then you'd just have two WickedChoices folders with two different .exe files.... So to patch the v0.3.0.1 you have to go INSIDE the WickedChoices-0.4.1.0-pc folder, cut out or copy everything in there
game (folder)
lib (folder)
renpy (folder)
wickedchoices.exe (file)
wickedchoices.py (file)
wickedchoices.sh (file)

Then you go into the WickedChoices-0.3.0.1-pc folder, INTO it please, and then you'll just paste everything you cut out earlier into this folder. Replacing all files it asks for (like the wickedchoices.exe, wickedchoices.py, wickedchoices.sh, scripts.rpa and so on and so on.)

I hope that helps now....

Reactions: ASLPro3D and MBL

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Thanks for the answer. Your meaning is clear, but I'll I just end up doing what I did to get all messages about the missing prologue pictures. However, I did do it again and now the game works fine.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks, didn't know it was this complicated on a mac :( Never had one myself actually.... Is there no way to browse your files and folders like on windows/linux? I mean there must be a place where the v0.3.0.1 "WickedChoices.app" folder got extracted to X_x

Reactions: ASLPro3D

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Alright, seems like it's too complicated for most people... thanks to @Twistty there's already the patched full version download on the front page for windows and linux users (I don't take responsibility for any errors through 3rd party creations... )
I'll do that for MAC users in a bit too. So everyone who doesn't want to update or can't do it him/her self can just download the full version with all files included in a single .zip file again.

Reactions: ASLPro3D
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes