botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Nope!
I can only speak for me but i was able to continue without issue.
Since the saves are in the renpy folder (C:\Users\..\AppData\Roaming\RenPy) unless you deleted them by mistake..dunno, just a possibilty here..
Lol. No, the saves are here, but the game crashes after the error screen, when I load one.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Hmmm, which version did you download there? The full v0.4.0.1 version that @Twistty added? Or did you update the game manually?

Is that the error message you got right after trying to load the savegame? Because that file gets overwritten with the latest error you got.

Did you try to load the "Autosave" in Autosave slot 1 or did you load a self made savegame?

Could you send me the savegame you tried to load? :)

Reactions: ASLPro3D

empguy

Oct 26, 2016
Thanks, didn't know it was this complicated on a mac :( Never had one myself actually.... Is there no way to browse your files and folders like on windows/linux? I mean there must be a place where the v0.3.0.1 "WickedChoices.app" folder got extracted to X_x
Thanks Palanto. FYI (and that of anyone else), the answer is yes: that's what the right click on the application and "show contents" does: it lets the user see the files and folders that are normally hidden from users. But I guess it's academic now anyway. Next time another Machead needs this it might be handy... :)

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Hmmm, which version did you download there? The full v0.4.0.1 version that @Twistty added? Or did you update the game manually?

Is that the error message you got right after trying to load the savegame? Because that file gets overwritten with the latest error you got.

Did you try to load the "Autosave" in Autosave slot 1 or did you load a self made savegame?

Could you send me the savegame you tried to load? :)

I made the manual update.

The traceback wasn't for first crash, because I tried to load several savegames.

I just uploaded a new one, it should belong to one of the two savegames I added as well.

Reactions: Palanto

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017

The traceback wasn't for first crash, because I tried to load several savegames.

I just uploaded a new one, it should belong to one of the two savegames I added as well.
it might be the update, cuz i had already deleted the old game so i d/led the full 4.xx version and it worked properly with my savegames. also why the hell can't we have a cute little demon princess to play with on our desks?!?!?

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017

@botc76 thank you for sending the saves and tracelog, I will have Palanto (the programmer) check them out when he returns to try to uncover the problem, but in the meantime and to make things easier for you may just want to delete the directory and download the V0.4.1.0 Full Version from the front page like @tsunku suggested in the thread above this one.

You will still have your saves, as those are saved to a different location on your computer (at least I know they are for the PC)...

Reactions: botc76 and Palanto

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
thank-you-clip-art.png

I just wanted to take a moment to thank @Palanto Games, @Twistty, @El bacca Del Chew, @Wyrme, @Harlequin1229, @tsunku and everyone else who has been helping each other and the members here with technical support and help so that people can play and enjoy the game.

It is because of this kind of friendship, support and help that I see like this that makes my job a little easier and makes being a creator and a member here worth it... so THANK YOU!! :)

~Jack

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Thanks Palanto. FYI (and that of anyone else), the answer is yes: that's what the right click on the application and "show contents" does: it lets the user see the files and folders that are normally hidden from users. But I guess it's academic now anyway. Next time another Machead needs this it might be handy... :)
Thanks, that's really good to know. Thank you so much for explaining this to everyone :)

Alright, thanks! :) I'm going to check what happened there. As far as I can tell from the traceback it's a renpy internal problem, for some reason it can't call the main menu screen. Whyever it tries that when loading a savegame... X_x
For now the best way would be to install the full version instead of updating. At least until I find out what happened to your game when you updated it....

One thing is odd though, your game is saved in:
M:\sgames\Renpy VNs\WickedChoices-0.4.1-pc\

But if it was the update/patch you installed then the folder would be called \WickedChoices-0.4.1.0-pc\ at least if you just unzipped it and copied the older versions content into the new folder....
Or did you just rename the old games folder after copying everything from the new version into it?

Reactions: ASLPro3D

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hai, enjoyed playing 4.01 and had no problems with the old saves on Windows. Only complaint is the story should be way longer. ( ah well, that happens with a game in development) :p

Considering the Lilth wallpaper, now that is what I call a milf. If the poor mc does not get some nice quality wicked time with Lilith and FAP together, he has every right to be very disappointed. :angel:

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Hai, enjoyed playing 4.01 and had no problems with the old saves on Windows. Only complaint is the story should be way longer. ( ah well, that happens with a game in development) :p

Considering the Lilth wallpaper, now that is what I call a milf. If the poor mc does not get some nice quality wicked time with Lilith and FAP together, he has every right to be very disappointed. :angel:

x'D The story IS way longer than that, we just aren't magicians that's why it takes a bit of time to put that all together into a game ;) And since this is just the 1st part of chapter 4 there's more to come and after chapter 4 comes 5 and so many more ;) It'll take us a while to get that all finished, that's why it's a game in progress and why we need support in doing it, because the more support we get the faster and better we can produce that game for you out there ;)

That's why I'm actually really really thankful that you've decided to support us on patreon :) Thank you, really thank you very much :)

About Lilith, well... I don't know about that "milf" part... in her age she would likely be a grandgrandgrandgrandgrandmilf in human terms x'D But yeah, the MC would have every right to be disappointed ;)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Your welcome as well Palanto and considering that many times grandgrandmilf, sometimes one should suspend disbelief and believe ones eyes. :biggrin: If they are hot they are hot even she could be a gilf a hundred times over.:evilsmile:

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
Only complaint is the story should be way longer. ( ah well, that happens with a game in development)
My thoughts also but i don't complain.

We got a piece of the story each time and of course we want more, where does it go, what will happen...and this is what i like. Those are true chapters as a book have, i'm caught in the story and anxious to see the development and for that thank you @ASLPro3D
Many updates outthere are just another fan service sex scene, fap service, here we got an adventure, page after page.
As far as i know, from the few i tested, you and @Philly_Games (depraved awakening) are among the very few who can follow a smart and meaningfull story.

Great update- good story - as ALWAYS i enjoyed the ride.
Merci Monsieur.

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Thanks, that's really good to know. Thank you so much for explaining this to everyone :)

Alright, thanks! :) I'm going to check what happened there. As far as I can tell from the traceback it's a renpy internal problem, for some reason it can't call the main menu screen. Whyever it tries that when loading a savegame... X_x
For now the best way would be to install the full version instead of updating. At least until I find out what happened to your game when you updated it....

One thing is odd though, your game is saved in:
M:\sgames\Renpy VNs\WickedChoices-0.4.1-pc\

But if it was the update/patch you installed then the folder would be called \WickedChoices-0.4.1.0-pc\ at least if you just unzipped it and copied the older versions content into the new folder....
Or did you just rename the old games folder after copying everything from the new version into it?
Yeah, I renamed it. I always do that with ren'py games. Never had a problem due to that so far.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Yeah that's not creating issues :) The name doesn't really matter, you could also call the folder 1753z12451 and it would still work ;) I was just making sure you copied the files to the correct folders and found it odd that the name was different from the usual folder names it had :)

Since not many people had any errors after copying the files to the correct destination... I'm still not sure what caused your gamecrash after loading one of the savegames... Thanks again for sending me those, I'm still working on recreating the bug since it didn't happen on my system yet :-\

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017

personally the tiny princess is hotter..........

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes