spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
Well you could always play it differently and check if that's true or not ;)

Well, I guess we can still talk about the religion in game and why you like it ;) It's a work of fiction... so if anyone wants to complain about that in here... well they can but we don't really care :) It's not like we're saying: "Hey this is the new bible, everything you know isn't real, it's aliens controlling us.... so if you believe something else, go get burned at the stake!" ;)
I did try different options, but I didn't come across one where the 3 of them were together, just taking turns. Maybe I missed something.

The thing I like about the religion aspect in the game is how it's not completely dismissive about everything and there's no claiming to know everything (a sort of agnostic view I guess), but it touches on the human/Angelion manipulations of beliefs and the flaws inherent in organized religion. The human/Angelion factor is the problem and why organized religion can be so problematic/dangerous. Whether it be a person/people preaching their interpretation as correct or manipulating it to fit their cause (a perfect real world example would be certain terrorist groups).

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I did try different options, but I didn't come across one where the 3 of them were together, just taking turns. Maybe I missed something.
Depending on how Princess Lynara answers, even the simplest of questions, can determine and change events and how they play out... trust me, there is a way in which to get a hot threesome with the three ladies. ;)

The thing I like about the religion aspect in the game is how it's not completely dismissive about everything and there's no claiming to know everything (a sort of agnostic view I guess), but it touches on the human/Angelion manipulations of beliefs and the flaws inherent in organized religion. The human/Angelion factor is the problem and why organized religion can be so problematic/dangerous. Whether it be a person/people preaching their interpretation as correct or manipulating it to fit their cause (a perfect real world example would be certain terrorist groups).
Although, growing up as an altar boy (we had to reply in Latin in those days) and as a young boy, spending two years in seminary school to become a priest... as an adult and by nature, I am now agnostic in my beliefs and religion plays a role in everything I write.

I have seen too much in life and have experienced mankind's manipulative hand in far too many things to be naïve and think that religion is free of man's manipulations... it's not.

Still, I'm not much of a "preacher" and after experiencing the joys of sex, couldn't very well find it in myself to give THAT kind of pleasure up and live a life of celibacy... lol... so, even though I utilize religion in all of my work, I try not to be heavy handed and like to present other "possibilities", "ideas" and personal "observations" and let people draw their own conclusions if they happen to be "looking".

Admittedly, I expected a bit of "outcry" in my reveal of the Angelion/Demonothan backstory... I had already been accused of trying to morally corrupt players by "forcing" them to play the game as the prophesized "Antichrist", but none ever came and a lot have said they found the concept refreshing and interesting (which pleases me greatly).

More stuff will be revealed as time will go by, but the biggest impact has already been revealed and people didn't seem to have a problem with it. But glad you found it interesting and liked it. :)

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
Admittedly, I expected a bit of "outcry" in my reveal of the Angelion/Demonothan backstory... I had already been accused of trying to morally corrupt players by "forcing" them to play the game as the prophesized "Antichrist", but none ever came and a lot have said they found the concept refreshing and interesting (which pleases me greatly).
I do find that amusing.
1. The game is targeted at adults, not impressionable youths.
2. If they're looking to accuse you of trying to morally corrupt players, then them being forced to play as the Antichrist should be the least of their worries XD

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
Appreciated.

However, I would prefer to deflect it back to you guys. For if you had not started something that had me in here pre/post work and lurking most of my weekends, I would help with whatever tidbits had got stuck between my ears. The fact that I am curious for any nugget to be gleaned(and love the banter) makes me want to keep all as happy as I am with yarn being spun before us.

P.S. IF Syrina is the FAP, does that make Lilith a FAQ? Inquiring minds need to know?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Enjoy the game:).

4.01 full version can be downloaded as stand alone. Think Palanto offered that version since some people had problems adding the 4.01 upgrade to the base game.

They changed game in the 0.3 version so you only needed to download the updates in the future instead of full game. (exception for app, since that did not work).

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Do I need to install base game or just 0.4.1.0 full version? I just came across this game and haven't played it before. Looks very promising!
Yes, the full version is all you need. :)

You will need to install both. The base game has the framework each of the updates will hang on.
Hehe yes that was the original plan, but since so many people had trouble updating their files @Twistty did it for them and posted the link into the OP. ;)
At least for the Windows version! :D

Enjoy the game:).

4.01 full version can be downloaded as stand alone. Think Palanto offered that version since some people had problems adding the 4.01 upgrade to the base game.

They changed game in the 0.3 version so you only needed to download the updates in the future instead of full game. (exception for app, since that did not work).
Yes, well it wasn't me that offered that :D I'm currently still uploading all the versions (sorry only have a 16mbit/s line here... ;) ) so that MAC players also get a FULL version download :)
I'm also uploading "new" update .zips which I hope help to make it all a bit easier.
I changed the name for the windows and linux folder, so that inside the .zip you'll now (well later) find a folder called "WickedChoices" (also did that for the full version downloads). So if players don't change that folder name it will be easier for them to patch later, since they just have to extract updates into their games folder instead of copying stuff from one wickedchoices-vX.X.X.X to another wickedchoices-vX.X.X.X ;)

p.S.: And since I'm uploading all the files again anyway, I've patched those mistakes with the textoverflow in a small patch (v0.4.1.1) ;)

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
I'm also thinking of creating a small video / .gif to show the players how it's done properly then ;) (At least for windows players... need to lend a macbook or something later on to do that for mac players too, since that seems "a little" more complicated :D )

Reactions: ASLPro3D and DA22

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I do find that amusing.
1. The game is targeted at adults, not impressionable youths.
2. If they're looking to accuse you of trying to morally corrupt players, then them being forced to play as the Antichrist should be the least of their worries XD
1.) Although, many of us live in a society that constantly seeks to place blame on everyone but themselves, so they look for excuses for themselves (and others) for excusable reasons of why they do the things they do... *shrug*
2.) Certainly agree! ;) Many wear their religion(s) like a badge and use it like a weapon, looking to lash out using it at people they take offense to... sometimes even unaware of the duplicity of their "walk in faith".

I am not naïve to believe that this universe and all that was created in it was some cosmic mistake that somehow created life... but I also don't personally believe that "God" is a puppet of man, willing to wave a magic wand and answer people's prayers just because man bended his knee to ask out of selfishness for something they want or that life had planned for them... nor do I find myself concerned with a "heaven" or a "hell", I will worry about those places when the time comes... my goal in life is simply to do the best that I can do, to survive this life as best I can and to follow the morals and convictions that I have... anything above and beyond that, isn't my problem and is certainly out of my hands anyhow. ;)

Reactions: Palanto and Wyrme

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Appreciated.

However, I would prefer to deflect it back to you guys. For if you had not started something that had me in here pre/post work and lurking most of my weekends, I would help with whatever tidbits had got stuck between my ears. The fact that I am curious for any nugget to be gleaned(and love the banter) makes me want to keep all as happy as I am with yarn being spun before us.

P.S. IF Syrina is the FAP, does that make Lilith a FAQ? Inquiring minds need to know?
Thank you!
And, yes... I believe it would make her that... x'D

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
Quoted from @ASLPro3D :

I am not naïve to believe that this universe and all that was created in it was some cosmic mistake that somehow created life... but I also don't personally believe that "God" is a puppet of man, willing to wave a magic wand and answer people's prayers just because man bended his knee to ask out of selfishness for something they want or that life had planned for them... nor do I find myself concerned with a "heaven" or a "hell", I will worry about those places when the time comes... my goal in life is simply to do the best that I can do, to survive this life as best I can and to follow the morals and convictions that I have... anything above and beyond that, isn't my problem and is certainly out of my hands anyhow. ;)

Funny how two completely different starting points can lead to similar journeys. Between this and your "belief training" post earlier, leading an agnostic approach. I had a rather religious experience at a young age during a family get together. Two cousins(no NOT that kind of experience :p) chose to wipe it from thier memories, one went the direction you desribe in this last post( we are all wrong that don't agree). Where as I attended several christian churchs (and got rebuffed for questions that a child needn't worry about), delved into the mystic, and came around to a study J. Campbell (and others).
Coming to a conclusion, that none of the gods are as stupid as most of thier followers would like them to be. Unknowing, best describes me.

Funny thing is I was put in a spot just yesterday at work of explaining to a young man that he was agnostic, and not athiest. So many think they are the same thing.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Quoted from @ASLPro3D :

Funny how two completely different starting points can lead to similar journeys. Between this and your "belief training" post earlier, leading an agnostic approach. I had a rather religious experience at a young age during a family get together. Two cousins(no NOT that kind of experience :p) chose to wipe it from thier memories, one went the direction you desribe in this last post( we are all wrong that don't agree). Where as I attended several christian churchs (and got rebuffed for questions that a child needn't worry about), delved into the mystic, and came around to a study J. Campbell (and others).
Coming to a conclusion, that none of the gods are as stupid as most of thier followers would like them to be. Unknowing, best describes me.

Funny thing is I was put in a spot just yesterday at work of explaining to a young man that he was agnostic, and not athiest. So many think they are the same thing.
When someone chooses to wipe something from their memories and pretend it never happens, means that they missed an opportunity to learn more about themselves and the world in which they live in. Traumatic or not, experiences are tools provided to us for which to learn and build character... taking the easy route of ignoring it, pretending it never happened only compounds the situation and allows others to use that moment in time against the individual and prey upon them... which, sadly, many mankind driven religions seek to do... prey upon the weak and extort from them worldly possessions and substitute lessons that should've been learned with placated drivel that molds the individual into the type of person that other individual wants them to be... usually done in the name of "God".

Atheists... *chuckles* ...individuals who strive to disprove the existence of something, without the knowledge that to disbelieve in something you must first acknowledge the possibility that it might exist in order to discredit it.

I don't pretend to have all of the answers, nor do I seek to try to convince others the way I believe is correct. Each person's walk in life is different and how they get to the conclusions that they reach that works for them is ALWAYS going to be different than mine.

My philosophy is simple... if it works for you, makes you happy, know that you are doing what is right, helps you sleep at night and affords you peace and comfort than that is good.

BUT... but... don't try to push the way that works for you onto me... don't seek to "save" me. Just because I may not choose to follow your belief's doesn't make me "wrong" or "god-less" nor does it mean that we can't get along or "break bread" together.

For many, religion is a tool to tell others that they are "wrong"... seeking to tell and will even argue with a colorblind person that the sky is blue, which it may very well be... but to that colorblind individual, no matter what you tell them, that sky will always be grey.

Neither is wrong... it is only a matter of perception. ;)

Reactions: Palanto and DA22

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
There can exist no good without evil and as such, the best way to portray oneself as good is to manufacture an evil.

I believe in the possibility of a higher power, but if one does truly exit then would we not be the equivalent of ants (or even less. Maybe microbes) to them? So I find it hard to believe that they would truly care for us.

Whether you look at things scientifically or religiously, if you go back far enough/delve deep enough, then everything ultimately must have come from nothing. Something(s) must have either always existed or simply come into being as the root of everything else. So couldn't that thing/those things ultimately be viewed as a god(s).

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
Seriously, this game is awesome simply for creating ideological / philosophical flame wars in an adult 3d on-topic forum. Nonetheless, here a question content wise:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

also upgrading from 3.0.1 to 4.1.0 ruined my save game. This will make a tiresome grind at some point.

btw, still one of the best games yet. i approve of loving aunts and jealous girlfriends. Syrinia is so damn cute.

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
Seriously, this game is awesome simply for creating ideological / philosophical flame wars in an adult 3d on-topic forum. Nonetheless, here a question content wise:

also upgrading from 3.0.1 to 4.1.0 ruined my save game. This will make a tiresome grind at some point.

btw, still one of the best games yet. i approve of loving aunts and jealous girlfriends. Syrinia is so damn cute.
Once again, I am probably several meters over my head by paraphrasing our Wicked Choices creator. However, I am certain he stated that(somewhere) many of our choices will carry weight through out the entirety of the game. I will not swear to(maybe at) the fact that those 3rd person inclusions will have an impact. I think it was even hinted that some flags (or such) were set in both protagonist paths for when the Good/Neutral/Evil point system is activated. This part I am definately over my head, as the last program I wrote was a Robotron clone on an Apple 2, and it was only two screens :p

The upgrade issue should be a one up thing, the structure change is new, and adds should be smoother after, but Mr. @Palanto Games can surely explain much clearer and more intelligently than I dare try.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017

Actually, @Quaszog55, I think we've been kind of fortunate that the game has inspired discussions and not flame wars... no small feat, in this day and age... but, thankfully, the members here seem to be open-minded enough to be accepting of sharing or allowing others to share their viewpoints and discuss them in a civilized manner... truly a sight to behold and witness on a public, world-wide forum! ;)

As for your technical question... yup... the decisions you make today, CAN and WILL have a lasting effect on the story even months down the road!!! Relationships can grow or slowly dwindle and can affect you when you least expect it or when you need it to... you will forge allies and make enemies that can either aid you in the story... or become your worse nightmare.

Right now, it is still being worked on and we are working to build a system that will allow you to preview the relationships that you are making... or losing, with the choices you are making... and have been making even now so early in the game... and it will determine those who will ultimately stand with you when the war comes and it is up to you what side you will take. ;)

Now about the save file... yeah, Ren'Py's save file feature has... erm... issues, that is why we created auto saves to happen at the end of each chapter, this way if Ren'Py hiccups, you at least have an auto save you can count on if one of yours becomes borked.

Thank you for the kind words about the game and story... and you'll get to see more of that cute, devilish imp in next month's release! ;)

Reactions: Wyrme and Palanto

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Once again, I am probably several meters over my head by paraphrasing our Wicked Choices creator. However, I am certain he stated that(somewhere) many of our choices will carry weight through out the entirety of the game. I will not swear to(maybe at) the fact that those 3rd person inclusions will have an impact. I think it was even hinted that some flags (or such) were set in both protagonist paths for when the Good/Neutral/Evil point system is activated. This part I am definately over my head, as the last program I wrote was a Robotron clone on an Apple 2, and it was only two screens :p

The upgrade issue should be a one up thing, the structure change is new, and adds should be smoother after, but Mr. @Palanto Games can surely explain much clearer and more intelligently than I dare try.
Vid Kidz's Robotron!! My god, that brings back memories!! Man, those were the days! Look how far gaming has come since those days... crazy when you stop to think about it! :D

But, yes, you are absolutely right... now with @Palanto Games help, just about every decision, choice and response counts... you can build relationships with people, or lose them... and the game and story can be borked if you try and cheat the system. So you can't maximize everyone's relationship to 100 through a cheat and still expect the story to work or play... the game will freeze and crash because choices are looking at where the status of a relationship should be (just a word of warning to everyone reading this).

While you may not think that the choices you make right now are important, guess what... me as the storyteller will remember the options you had 7 chapters back and depending on how you replied to someone, how you acted or what you did now can either come back and bite you in the ass... or reward you handsomely. ;)

*insert evil, diabolical laughter here* Thanks to Palanto, the characters and the relationships you have with them can be much more realistic and dynamic and they will even, sometimes, remind you about a decision you made a while ago... or... make you pay for it. :D

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Seriously, this game is awesome simply for creating ideological / philosophical flame wars in an adult 3d on-topic forum. *SNIP*

*SNIP*

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you liked it :)

About the update and the savegame, do you perhaps have a traceback.txt from the error message you get after trying to load that savegame? And could you provide me with the broken save game?
I don't understand why this happens because everything I change inside the code gets updated inside the savegames on load.... So if there is a new variable in an upcoming chapter I'll add it to a function that updates the savegames right after it loads (which worked perfectly fine until this update it seems....) so there shouldn't be any savegame issues at all... The only thing I can imagine is that there is a rollback issue... I don't know why but in some cases the game can't seem to find the place to roll back to when it loads a game... (Have to look further into that too...)

And like everyone before me said, yes your choices matter and they can even have an impact several chapters later (Some of them affect the whole game, some of them only parts in the same chapter and some only some other chapters later...)

Reactions: DA22 and ASLPro3D
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes