ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Hey there. Just found this game. Question about the downloads on the OP. Do I need to download the Base Game and the Update, and the Full version? Can I just download the 4.1 Full version and have everything?

Thanks for the help!
You can just download the 0.4.1.1 full version, the updates are for those who have already been playing the game and no longer want to download the large file size that the game has become! :)

Hope you enjoy the game and look forward to hearing your thoughts once you've played it @pldmdfan325!

Reactions: Palanto

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You can just download the full 4.1 version and then in future download only the updates, unless you play the app version. In that case you will need to download the full version each time at this moment.

Edit: Seems I was way too slow .:biggrin:

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Auto-Forward in the scene where you meet the little one the first time? Yes, well it was supposed to be a "simple animation" so I changed it to that instead of the "wake up blinking" one ;) Didn't get feedback on if that was better or not yet. :) So did you like it that way? Or was the old one better? :)
I noticed the new text doesn't support auto-forward, as there are no Auto buttons in the UI which is a pity in my opinion. A hand on the mouse is no hand on the d XD I think the adorable succubus fondling scene has auto-forward, I don't fully remember, but I do remember a large part of the new scenes and normal text do not

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
About the update and the savegame, do you perhaps have a traceback.txt from the error message you get after trying to load that savegame? And could you provide me with the broken save game?
Now here is a professional at work. No i decided to rant first and am sure i wrote over the old savegames. And yes it was at least one rollback issue involved i tend to forget, that renpy just runs the code lines up in reverse order. if you put something in between or make a jump to a new label this will break it all. I will try to be more diligent the next time.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
I noticed the new text doesn't support auto-forward, as there are no Auto buttons in the UI which is a pity in my opinion. A hand on the mouse is no hand on the d XD I think the adorable succubus fondling scene has auto-forward, I don't fully remember, but I do remember a large part of the new scenes and normal text do not
Hmmm that's odd, which OS do you have? Because I didn't remove the "Auto" button X_x It should still be there, below the textbox....
screenshot0001.png

Now here is a professional at work. No i decided to rant first and am sure i wrote over the old savegames. And yes it was at least one rollback issue involved i tend to forget, that renpy just runs the code lines up in reverse order. if you put something in between or make a jump to a new label this will break it all. I will try to be more diligent the next time.
Nope I'm no professional yet ;) Just concerned I did something wrong while coding the game....
I'm further looking into the problem, I hope it's not because of the new ren'py version.... but for now it really looks like it is....

Reactions: ASLPro3D

kongflcl

Jan 14, 2018
Are certain choice only available under certain conditions? Such as going upstairs to watch your daughter. Because I was unable to do so ....

Really amazing game so far, enjoyed every thing except the post-credit scenes, I don't understand how anyone enjoys those though, but I've yet to pledge so I guess my opinion on the matter isn't too valuable.

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Hmmm that's odd, which OS do you have? Because I didn't remove the "Auto" button X_x It should still be there, below the textbox....
Win 8.1 64-bit, but the auto button is exactly there but disappears when the latest chapter starts I believe. I'll confirm it after the next release and let you know exactly where ;)

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
Are certain choice only available under certain conditions? Such as going upstairs to watch your daughter. Because I was unable to do so ....

Really amazing game so far, enjoyed every thing except the post-credit scenes, I don't understand how anyone enjoys those though, but I've yet to pledge so I guess my opinion on the matter isn't too valuable.
Yes, choices like that depend on prior choices. how far you go in the depravity/conservative (for a lack of better words) scale will open or close doors for you as the story progresses. The scene you refer to requires a more open mind about what you may find to be willing to even venture there:) Much like life all choices may have a price, just some are what we want and other what we fear. Go back and try a different approach ( if I remember, the Syrina scene itself is a heavy influence on that option.) I have actually just started over to see things that I missed because of playing as I would (I believe) in such a situation, just to see what others would encounter in this world.

Have fun.

kongflcl

Jan 14, 2018
Yes, choices like that depend on prior choices. how far you go in the depravity/conservative (for a lack of better words) scale will open or close doors for you as the story progresses. The scene you refer to requires a more open mind about what you may find to be willing to even venture there:) Much like life all choices may have a price, just some are what we want and other what we fear. Go back and try a different approach ( if I remember, the Syrina scene itself is a heavy influence on that option.) I have actually just started over to see things that I missed because of playing as I would (I believe) in such a situation, just to see what others would encounter in this world.

Have fun.
Thanks, I figured that was the case, but thought depravity would be up there enough with the incestuous encounter with your niece. Plus, the fact the choice was shown threw me off a bit, as in similar games where your choices really do matter, a lot of times your options aren't shown unless they are available. Thanks for the reply though, I stopped playing in the moment just to make sure before progressing.

I too try my best to respond accordingly and be realistic in my choices in my first playthrough. I don't see how these games are enjoyable otherwise, although I understand some people just try to unlock as much snatch as possible.

Tbh I don't want to peep on my daughter, but I feel the need to give Syrina sustenance. I guess I'll just go to sleep as she suffers though. As if being trapped in stone wasn't enough :cryingface:

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
In retrospect, I'd be willing to bet choosing to stop touching Syrina when she tells you to is what prevents the daughter option.
I will neither confirm nor deny these statements. However, I believe at least the timing of quitting influences it. There were multiple steps of teasing the cutie, I think I went a couple steps in and had a quilt trip, so stopped.

kongflcl

Jan 14, 2018
I will neither confirm nor deny these statements. However, I believe at least the timing of quitting influences it. There were multiple steps of teasing the cutie, I think I went a couple steps in and had a quilt trip, so stopped.
I never even started, I couldn't bring myself too. Not saying I won't love playing with her in future playthroughs :evilsmile:

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017

Like Wyrme already said, in this case it did matter what you chose. :)

What do you mean with the post-credit scenes? Those with Lynara and Claire and @ASLPro3D? Or the advertisements to the other games of people who helped @ASLPro3D or of those which he likes to play himself? :)
The former was actually just planned as a one time thing for the 30$ patrons who funded the game from the beginning... so there wasn't actually much content except a small demo to the prologue done and they still just pledged 30$ so he thought it would've been nice to say thank you in a different kind of way :) Then the patrons liked it so much they wanted more of it.... and now we're trying to keep it smaller again.
The latter is, well just a developer helping each other kind of thing :) Later when the game get's to a certain point we'll strip some parts to make the chapters flow into each other without any disruptions and put all that stuff at the far end of it, but for now it'll be just like it is, every chapter one ending credits/advertisement.

Thanks, I figured that was the case, but thought depravity would be up there enough with the incestuous encounter with your niece. Plus, the fact the choice was shown threw me off a bit, as in similar games where your choices really do matter, a lot of times your options aren't shown unless they are available. Thanks for the reply though, I stopped playing in the moment just to make sure before progressing.

I too try my best to respond accordingly and be realistic in my choices in my first playthrough. I don't see how these games are enjoyable otherwise, although I understand some people just try to unlock as much snatch as possible.

Tbh I don't want to peep on my daughter, but I feel the need to give Syrina sustenance. I guess I'll just go to sleep as she suffers though. As if being trapped in stone wasn't enough :cryingface:
Well I thought about doing it like that too, but decided against hiding the "not choosable" choice, because this way players could see right away: "Hey there's something I can't reach with the route I've taken!" hiding the choice would have been much easier codewise but I think this is a nicer way of showing the players that there is something hidden.
Of course there'll still be some changes that won't be visible right away (because it's not a direct choice that makes the story branch in those cases but some choices you've made far before)

Another reason that I decided to do it like this is that there is a "small" chance that you can really choose one or the other answer in that particular case ;) Meaning it's possible to have them both unlocked! ;)

;)
I won't confirm nor deny that either :D

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

kongflcl

Jan 14, 2018
Honestly, this way, it makes sense to me anyway. Which is why I was able to retrospectively come to the conclusion that choice at least had something to do with it. I'll never complain about options being taken away because my own choices, while I know a lot of people will, its just the type of player I am. Give me choices and make me deal with the consequences. Just no game over (like DMD and various other VNs) unless the choice results in my death.

I also, to an extent, like the idea of showing the choices we're missing out on. I just had to make sure it wasn't a technical mistake on my part before continuing. This is a truly an amazing game tho, one of my favorites already, and like I said earlier I'm picky as hell

kongflcl

Jan 14, 2018
Like Wyrme already said, in this case it did matter what you chose. :)

What do you mean with the post-credit scenes? Those with Lynara and Claire and @ASLPro3D? Or the advertisements to the other games of people who helped @ASLPro3D or of those which he likes to play himself? :)
The former was actually just planned as a one time thing for the 30$ patrons who funded the game from the beginning... so there wasn't actually much content except a small demo to the prologue done and they still just pledged 30$ so he thought it would've been nice to say thank you in a different kind of way :) Then the patrons liked it so much they wanted more of it.... and now we're trying to keep it smaller again.
The latter is, well just a developer helping each other kind of thing :) Later when the game get's to a certain point we'll strip some parts to make the chapters flow into each other without any disruptions and put all that stuff at the far end of it, but for now it'll be just like it is, every chapter one ending credits/advertisement.

Well I thought about doing it like that too, but decided against hiding the "not choosable" choice, because this way players could see right away: "Hey there's something I can't reach with the route I've taken!" hiding the choice would have been much easier codewise but I think this is a nicer way of showing the players that there is something hidden.
Of course there'll still be some changes that won't be visible right away (because it's not a direct choice that makes the story branch in those cases but some choices you've made far before)

Another reason that I decided to do it like this is that there is a "small" chance that you can really choose one or the other answer in that particular case ;) Meaning it's possible to have them both unlocked! ;)

;)
I won't confirm nor deny that either :D

I have no problem with the developer/game shout outs. Especially considering there's a Coceter Chronicles mention. And its a great way for fans to get recommendations, I plan on giving Angelica's Origin a play tomorrow and because I like your work so much I'm almost convinced to give College Life another go.

I was speaking of the saying thank you. The attempt to do it in a different way can't be looked down upon, and its endearing that you would go through so much effort to do so. I spoke a little too harshly about it originally just because I'm so picky/hard on things and didn't like the way the fourth wall was broken as its such an immersive story and universe that you are creating. But its also "post-credit" stuff so it should have no effect on the overall experience, unless you binge the chapters, and even then, only if you're being nit-picky.

And really pledging thirty dollars they really did deserve something special. I like the still photos with their names a lot more tho, as there's no actresses or ppl behind the scenes.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
I have no problem with the developer/game shout outs. Especially considering there's a Coceter Chronicles mention. And its a great way for fans to get recommendations, I plan on giving Angelica's Origin a play tomorrow and because I like your work so much I'm almost convinced to give College Life another go.

I was speaking of the saying thank you. The attempt to do it in a different way can't be looked down upon, and its endearing that you would go through so much effort to do so. I spoke a little too harshly about it originally just because I'm so picky/hard on things and didn't like the way the fourth wall was broken as its such an immersive story and universe that you are creating. But its also "post-credit" stuff so it should have no effect on the overall experience, unless you binge the chapters, and even then, only if you're being nit-picky.

And really pledging thirty dollars they really did deserve something special. I like the still photos with their names a lot more tho, as there's no actresses or ppl behind the scenes.
Yeah that makes sense, in a way it's high kicking you out of the story with these scenes :) Also one of the reasons we're sticking to the thank you images instead of scenes, besides many others like additional work and time that could have been put into the game itself, which would be a bigger thank you than the scenes I'd guess :)

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Honestly, this way, it makes sense to me anyway. Which is why I was able to retrospectively come to the conclusion that choice at least had something to do with it. I'll never complain about options being taken away because my own choices, while I know a lot of people will, its just the type of player I am. Give me choices and make me deal with the consequences. Just no game over (like DMD and various other VNs) unless the choice results in my death.

I also, to an extent, like the idea of showing the choices we're missing out on. I just had to make sure it wasn't a technical mistake on my part before continuing. This is a truly an amazing game tho, one of my favorites already, and like I said earlier I'm picky as hell
Well we had some game overs in the prologue and chapter one but I'm also not a big fan of useless game overs... so if it's because of a real MAJORLY wrong decision then alright, but not because you got caught spying on the neighbor or such things :)

Yeah it was no technical mistake on your part :) It's intentional and since I had to change the choice screen anyway because of later game mechanics I thought why not add the deactivation of a choice right then and there ;)

kongflcl

Jan 14, 2018
Well we had some game overs in the prologue and chapter one but I'm also not a big fan of useless game overs... so if it's because of a real MAJORLY wrong decision then alright, but not because you got caught spying on the neighbor or such things :)

Yeah it was no technical mistake on your part :) It's intentional and since I had to change the choice screen anyway because of later game mechanics I thought why not add the deactivation of a choice right then and there ;)
Yeah, tbh, I played the prologue a while back, peeped in the shower and was extremely disappointed because it had been advertised as a true "choose your own adventure" style game. Even now I'd say even with the divorce and loss of custody that ensued, you could still be entitled to that which was willed to you by your father in law? All that writing would be a bitch though, I'm sure. I've lately been thinking of writing a VN with multiple paths but it all seems so overwhelming. Sometimes though I just really want to deal with the bad choices, the divorce, aftermath of assault, etc. Give an option to fail and then win at failing

But that prologue, while great in context of everything, doesn't do well to sell the game. Unless the Angelion stuff is there at the very end, I'm not sure as I just played it all together but still. However, I'm really fucking glad I came back to it. Seen enough talk of it on here, liked everything I read and was convinced I had to give it another shot.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes