Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Glad that you're starting to like it :) Yes it's actually pretty overwhelming to do too much branching, we found that out ourselfs in chapter 4 part 1.... If we had an artist that wouldn't be that much of a problem but since @ASLPro3D have to do it alone and since they have a problem with poser and their SLI configuration that Jack actually needs for his real jobs... well let's say he's having a tough fight of rendering and rebooting after BSODs all the time... ;)
So yes if he only had to write and his wife only had to check the finished renders of someone else it would certainly make things easier and faster for us and it would give Jack the time he'd need to "WRITE" since that's what he really only would like to do ;)
We would then easily be able to branch as much as we want (and what others certainly failed to do.... looking at big shots like mrdots who wanted several jobs implemented and cancelled all of them except for the one he had done... and hundreds of others....)

p.S.: But unfortunately I have to go for some hours now, g2g to bed after a 12 hour nightshift and have to be there again in 8.5 hours ;) So I won't be able to answer for a while :)

Reactions: ASLPro3D and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
[/QUOTE]

Well since my mc is kind of a depraved guy, though not really evil, he walked right into that situation. He did not feel bad about it as the MC in game did, but yes it would have likely been better if you would have had a choice there for either:
-the furry friend with nice renders for those who like that content with a warning;
-daughter doing some nice things to herself with maybe some incestuous murmurs and moans like daddy while she is playing with herself if not to early for that in development. (also would make later fathely talk possible and make mc react as shocked) or just of her enjoying herself without incestuous connotations. Fatherly talk would be weird in that case though :p;
-go to bed and see nothing.

Still enjoyed that episode quite a lot overall, ofcourse it helps that kind of content is not one of my strong dislikes, but i definately would have gone for option two in either version of it if had choice. Maybe something to change in final game if not to much work in distant future. :evilsmile:

Sleep well Palanto. :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Win 8.1 64-bit, but the auto button is exactly there but disappears when the latest chapter starts I believe. I'll confirm it after the next release and let you know exactly where ;)
I just checked on mine (using Windows 10 x64) and it is present at the bottom through the whole game. That's strange it would disappear on some and not others...

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Wow... lots of conversation taking place last night, kind of makes me feel bad that I crashed early and tried to catch up on some much needed sleep. :eek:

Also makes me really glad that @Palanto Games is around to cover me in my absence!! :happyblush

I am glad that people are enjoying the game and also are considering trying some of the games that I suggest in my credit scene... these are individuals who've gone above and beyond and have helped me by sharing my game with their own patrons and also welcomed me and my wife into their lives and helped show us the ropes in the independent game scene... that and I enjoy their games also! :eek:penedeyewink:

Because I am no longer as far ahead in game development as I once was, I had to break away from doing the additional coding and story closing sequence and switch to a static "Thank You" list... not happy that I had to, but it makes things a little easier on me, but still want to thank our greatest supporters who give so much of their hard earned money, month after month, to insure that we can keep doing what we enjoy doing.

Those who are members here and who have pledged to and supported us (and who have made it known that they have) can tell you that they get benefits as well for their trust and faith in us and who are willing to support us even when they could get the game for free... it is how we roll, we like to reward people for their support and it will never change. ;)

Palanto is also correct about Poser not being very happy with my Duel 1080 TI SLI system... every 5-10 renders Poser generates a BSoD and system reboot... I am hoping that by either getting another artist, or when Poser releases their newest application they've been working on this summer/fall, it will correct these issues and I can get back to pumping out images like I was before I updated my system... and before anyone suggests, no... I will not be switching to Daz Studio... can't stand that application and it's interface... personally, I'd prefer to work in Maya fulltime like I do with my regular jobs!

As for the choices made in the game, I want to try and keep the choice system to a realistic sort of mechanic. That when you make a choice today, that choice may come to bite you in the ass months down the road or provide an outcome that you are going to have to go through... it is hard and difficult now to do all that I want because of my rendering issues and because of the level of work that I have rolling in as the VG companies that I do work for are preparing for the E3 already, but we are managing to a good degree and will continue to do our best for everyone.

Personally, I want and need to get to a choice based system that will allow the players to be themselves to a large degree... answering the way that THEY would answer and still be rewarded for being true to themselves and their own morals... not just provide the most depraved route as possible to unlock goodies as other games do.

I have played other games like "Good Girl Gone Bad" and tried to stick to the "Dark Path Route" and feel my interior morals kick in and my mouse pointer hovering over the decision making bar in indecision... knowing that if I pick the good route, I won't get anything for being true to myself... so I really, really, really don't want our game to be that way.

I want people to be able to be themselves, answer honestly, be rewarded for that honesty and then, once they've played the game the way they would've done it in life, go back and play it the other way... not have them go against themselves and their beliefs first to get all of the good stuff and then go back to try playing as they normally would and find... there isn't much reward for having done so.

Speaking of which, I best to get back to work now... got a couple of things to finish for Palanto before 0.4.2.0 is done... thank you so much for giving our game a shot and for all of you who have remained faithful to it and to us... we couldn't do this without you!!

~Jack

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
As they say, just do the best you can. Nobody can reasonably ask more of you, though some might try. Also never apologize for needing to sleep, I know from personal experience what not sleeping enough can do to you in the long run. I really can not advice anyone to get themselves into that situation volutarily. That is not true, ofcourse I could advice that if I wanted to, but would be very bad advice. :evilsmile:

Good luck with the last loose ends to finish your part of the next episode and work for E3. I at least will be waiting patiently impatient for the next episode, but do take the time you need to make it as you want.:angel:

Reactions: Palanto and Wyrme

Andrew Rider

Jun 23, 2017
Just returned to this game after a break (playing Dreaming Of Elsa...many thanks for the recommendation @Thornhill, you were spot on that this was exactly the kind of sweet and romantic story I like, with a MC who wasn't the usual selfish, cheating douche that thinks with his penis). And man, the story continues to delight and intrigue me while the relationships continue to aggravate and exasperate me.

Currently each of the female characters that I could possibly expect to get 'involved' with have acted in ways that have been a major turn off for me:
This only leaves Edith (whose loyalty I do admire), possibly Terri (unless, of course, the whole marriage has been a sham instigated by her deceased father, as has been hinted), Lilith (a far future posibility if at all) and the transformed "Billy" (whom I await with great anticipation). Again, I would stress that these comments reflect only my personal tastes when it comes to sexual partners and not intended to be judgemental of others - I came to this game for the incest content, after all ! Actually Syrina is so cute that I would probably buckle, and Claire I am still so conflicted about that I honestly cannot say which way I would jump if a second round were available.

I was very pleased to read that @ASLPro3D intends to rebalance the choice system so that the protagonist doesn't have to act so abusively, as at the moment it seems to have exactly the problem he outlined: of rewarding 'evil' behaviour or looking down on choices that are 'nicer'.
Also with regard to choices, I am curious to see if you get one with regards to 'forgiving' Claire (because it seems that the MC is expected to in order to work against the other Crawford-Davies') or in which sexual encounters you can have (one with Lynara seems unavoidable, according to Rhianna) as I would most definitely want to avoid any with the skanky daughter (and I speak as a devoted incest lover). Similarly, I am very interested in how much extra we will learn about the Demonothans to counter what we know of the Angelions, since the latter are currently portrayed, to my eyes at least, as the more villainous by a large margin.

I hope my comments have not come across as too negative because generally I love this game. The art is great, very distinct from the plethora of Daz3D productions, and the story is so good that at the moment, for the first time in an erotic game, I am more interested in it than in the sex. I greatly admire the Dev's commitment to his creative vision: including the bestiality scene could have put off far more possible supporters than it attracted (if I had noticed a bestiality tag then I would never have played, which would have been a great shame) and similarly the religious theme risked offending many people. And he even included a logical explanation for the open door so often found in peeping scenes !

Geronimo !

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Just returned to this game after a break (playing Dreaming Of Elsa...many thanks for the recommendation @Thornhill, you were spot on that this was exactly the kind of sweet and romantic story I like, with a MC who wasn't the usual selfish, cheating douche that thinks with his penis). And man, the story continues to delight and intrigue me while the relationships continue to aggravate and exasperate me.

Currently each of the female characters that I could possibly expect to get 'involved' with have acted in ways that have been a major turn off for me:
This only leaves Edith (whose loyalty I do admire), possibly Terri (unless, of course, the whole marriage has been a sham instigated by her deceased father, as has been hinted), Lilith (a far future posibility if at all) and the transformed "Billy" (whom I await with great anticipation). Again, I would stress that these comments reflect only my personal tastes when it comes to sexual partners and not intended to be judgemental of others - I came to this game for the incest content, after all ! Actually Syrina is so cute that I would probably buckle, and Claire I am still so conflicted about that I honestly cannot say which way I would jump if a second round were available.

I was very pleased to read that @ASLPro3D intends to rebalance the choice system so that the protagonist doesn't have to act so abusively, as at the moment it seems to have exactly the problem he outlined: of rewarding 'evil' behaviour or looking down on choices that are 'nicer'.
Also with regard to choices, I am curious to see if you get one with regards to 'forgiving' Claire (because it seems that the MC is expected to in order to work against the other Crawford-Davies') or in which sexual encounters you can have (one with Lynara seems unavoidable, according to Rhianna) as I would most definitely want to avoid any with the skanky daughter (and I speak as a devoted incest lover). Similarly, I am very interested in how much extra we will learn about the Demonothans to counter what we know of the Angelions, since the latter are currently portrayed, to my eyes at least, as the more villainous by a large margin.

I hope my comments have not come across as too negative because generally I love this game. The art is great, very distinct from the plethora of Daz3D productions, and the story is so good that at the moment, for the first time in an erotic game, I am more interested in it than in the sex. I greatly admire the Dev's commitment to his creative vision: including the bestiality scene could have put off far more possible supporters than it attracted (if I had noticed a bestiality tag then I would never have played, which would have been a great shame) and similarly the religious theme risked offending many people. And he even included a logical explanation for the open door so often found in peeping scenes !

Geronimo !
Wow, well that's some review :)
And I guess since most things are story / choices related I'll let @ASLPro3D answer to this one! :)

But no, it didn't come of too negative. It was a kind of negative review nevertheless, but in a good way! ;)
No flaming or hateposting, just your honest opinion and even with kinds of explanations in regards to your tastes. ;)
Glad you like the story, even though there are so many things in it that you don't like kinkwise :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017

*snipped down*

Geronimo !

Like @Palanto Games I don’t think it came off too negatively either and, like him, think that there will be some elements that some people will enjoy or not like at all… but feedback of any kind is good and can lead to us to considering things in the future to make things better for people.

In the next couple of chapter 4 parts (0.4.2.0 and 0.4.3.0) people will get to see a side of Syrina that better develops her character and personality. There is far more to her than just being a playful, little imp and even I, as the writer, am impressed by her!

I really don’t want to do a break down for each character for the reasons they do the things that they do, each character has a personality and a reason why they do the things that they do (or how they justify them) and it is up to players to decide their opinions of them… or be willing to overlook some things in relation to them.

In my 50 years of walking this planet and even being married (twice now), I can tell you that there is no “perfect” woman (or guy) out there, everyone has their faults, quirks and short comings that we as individuals sometimes have to overlook or forgive to find the happiness that we seek with them… this story and the characters within are going to be no different.

I don’t think of this game as a “romance” game or as a “dating sim” … it simply isn’t.

Rather, it is a game about a guy and girl (played by you) thrown into a strange, outlandish and confusing situation that, quite honesty, has you flying by the seat of their pants and trying to find some stability in, where your choices are going to determine the outcome of an ancient war that has been taking place and maintained for thousands of years… and to provide you with the power (essentially “sex-magic”) that you will need (as both the MC and Lynara) you are going to need to have sex to “power up”.

Right now, we are only in the main character introductions and backstory phase, setting up the key players and everything that has been going on in the world around you, the player… and also uncovering some dark secrets about those characters and the family you (as the main character) married into and the secrets about your race and family’s plan as Lynara…

As the game continues there will be other secondary characters that you will be able to interact with and get to know… and even draw from for power if you desire it, how you draw that power is going to be up to you as the player, with consequences or benefits and ramifications to the choices you make.

Thing is, by your description of how you are looking at the characters @Andrew Rider, you are looking at it with a critical eye of someone looking to date and establish a relationship like you would in a dating sim… and, honestly, you will be disappointed in doing so with this game.

You will have your favorites, sure… but this isn’t a game for finding love… this is a game for changing the future of mankind (and alien alike) and surviving while doing so.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and for sharing them with us, as well as, giving this game another chance! We hope that you will continue to play it and find elements within it that you’ll enjoy and want to continue playing it!

~Jack

Andrew Rider

Jun 23, 2017
Firstly, @ASLPro3D (and @Palanto Games) thanks for taking the time to give such lengthy and considered replies to my post. Please let me stress that it is not elements of the game that I enjoy (I love the great majority of it) but elements of the game that I do not. I cannot abide the idea of rape victims enjoying their ordeal (partly due to real life events that ruined the life and mental stability of a close frend) and I find bestiality such a huge turn off, BUT whereas in any other game I've ever played the presence of either of these has been enough to make me abandon them, I have enjoyed Wicked Choices so much that it has stayed with me.

Initially, I was going to argue that even a game girl has to be acceptable (and I don't mean physically but in their faults, quirks and short comings) but then I realised that you were absolutely right! Whilst Wicked Choices is obviously NOT a romance game or dating sim I was, indeed, unconsciously playing the game looking to establish a relationship with the characters. This also explains my very strong negative reaction to events with Claire. And in the milieu you have established and as the Antichrist, the sex magic "power up" idea makes perfect sense. Well, my blinkers are off (some of them at least) so, again, thank you.

Of course, now I'm going to have to replay the whole game again to take advantage of this new insight ! Allons-y !

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
enjoy ur replay, but Claire definately did not enjoy her ordeal if u played the scene from her perspective. She might have enjoyed seducing her uncle though if he was nice to her. Also considering the daughter, due to not having a very graphic description we dont know exactly how experienced she is at it, but remember both girls grew up in a very depraved family where the sex-magic to keep little FAP (Syrina) alive was needed and as she said the more perverted the better if remember right. Also her influence as a succubus has likely been influencing people in that family from birth.

So do not expect them to be very normal according to most norms, nor expect his wive to be very demure either:).

I am looking forward to finding out more of little FAP though and her personality in the coming updates as ASLPRO promised.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
enjoy ur replay, but Claire definately did not enjoy her ordeal if u played the scene from her perspective. She might have enjoyed seducing her uncle though if he was nice to her
I guess he meant the part in chapter one, the one with Lynara and Carina.
I absolutely understand his reasoning in this case. It's something I asked ASLPro3D about too and which raised some concerns on my end because of Patreons new rules...

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Agreed it is ASLPRO's story and up to him to decide what should be in story and why. Also it does set up the fact that those angelions might be the inspiration for angels, but that their society is not very angelic.

Shown partially in the way Carina as a not full blood or low standing Angelion is treated in general. In my opinion she is treated like a slave, or that weird Medieval equivalent a serf, would be treated. Without any respect or as a human sentient being, which does tell lots about the Angelion society.

Edit also remember where magic is involved, people do not always have a choice of liking the things being done to them. Auntie may well have been partly the reason for this, unless the lust both Carina and Lynara felt was not magic induced.

I think missed that scene somehow, maybe cause I liked to keep Lynara more confident so went with choices that kept her confident.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I guess he meant the part in chapter one, the one with Lynara and Carina.
I absolutely understand his reasoning in this case. It's something I asked ASLPro3D about too and which raised some concerns on my end because of Patreons new rules...
Yay... big explanation time!! Even @Palanto Games didn't get the full explanation, so here goes...

Hmmm… in defense of the story for Chapter One in regard to Carina and Lynara, as I think that some issues were overlooked, either that, or I didn’t do a good enough job in my writing.

First, I probably didn’t quite make it clear enough that the area of the jungle surrounding the area that Rhianna the Oracle has been hiding in is surrounded by the Otokotorappu man-eating plants that use a powerful aphrodisiac pheromone to attract and confuse their prey…

…to put not to fine of point on it, Rhianna has been using them as sort of guard dogs, confusing and eliminating those that seek her out… she even uses the dried gland of the plant in Chapter 4 Part 1 to help make Lynara and Carina more pliable and less self-conscious about having their first sexual experience with each other and/or with Lynara’s “Aunt”.

So, the jungle that the girls are in, are filled with this pheromone that reduces inhibition and arouses people… while Lynara was already aroused from the dream that she had involving the Antichrist, Carina even mentions at some point feeling somewhat aroused as well and becoming distracted herself.

Then, cornered by Tanya and her merry band, who have also been exposed to this powerful aphrodisiac find Lynara and her handmaiden.

Sadistic as she is, Tanya allowed the other warriors to give into the pent-up desires they’ve been suffering…

First, because Queen Azera keeps her people from having sex except for once a year… as it limits the possibility of anyone of their race from “powering up” to challenge her or the way she does things. Only specific, most trusted, people are allowed to remain “powered up” and are given the title of “Oracle” particularly if they have the gift of “sight” while “powered up”.

Second, being as sexually repressed as they are and being exposed to the aphrodisiac pheromones of the Otokotorappu, they are less inhibited and more apt to succumb to their debased sexual nature… in which case, Tanya is sadistic and has her group attack Carina… this was done not just to torment someone not really as necessary as the Princess is… but also done to humiliate, break and punish Lynara.

The fact that Carina, as well as, Lynara have also been exposed to the aphrodisiac pheromones of the Otokotorappu has their bodies responding in ways that they would not normally react… particularly in the situation that they are in.

Hope that better explains it for everyone… perhaps, I should’ve made things a little clearer while writing… but also back then, I was concerned that I was filling the game with too much “blah, blah, blah” that other games didn’t and was afraid that I would lose any audience because I write so much (like this post, lol).

The bottom line is this, there is a reason for EVERYTHING that happens and for the reason that the characters are the way they act and are… sometimes the reason might only be hinted at, explained later, over explained and drawn out, or in this case… I failed to explain enough for everyone… but the truth is, I really do think things through and try my best to explain things and things don’t really happen for no reason. *wink*

Hope that helps some.

P.S.: I am a bigger fan of the Tenth and Fourth Doctor than the Eleventh ;)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I have to say @DA22, you really seem to have quite the grasp on the story and the inner workings of it!! To such degree that I am beginning to worry that I am not being a "clever boy" (figure that @Andrew Rider will catch that term) enough! LOL

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Or I have been reading quite a lot over a long time maybe of Fantasy and Science Fiction writers like Asimov, Heinlein and others that do require you to think about the ideas and backgroud/world behind their stories to fully enjoy their work:).

So no worries you are clever enough and will surely surprise me in future, even though through the fact you want to write a consistent story with believable characters that act for a reason, you do give some clues away of course. You cannot prevent that and write a good story. :evilsmile:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Also, to kind of help people understand the Angelions, actually it seems @DA22 has a pretty good grasp of them thus far… but for the rest of you, allow me to help just a little…

Religion is messed up, as you can see… making for an interesting storyline. ;)

P.S.: There @Palanto Games… I put it in “Spoiler” happy? ROFL

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Or I have been reading quite a lot over a long time maybe of Fantasy and Science Fiction writers like Asimov, Heinlein and others that do require you to think about the ideas and backgroud/world behind their stories to fully enjoy their work:).

So no worries you are clever enough and will surely surprise me in future.
I most seriously hope so and hope I am living up to those great authors!! :D

Reactions: DA22 and Palanto
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes