Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
@Wyrme please check your messages on Patreon, sent you a link to the new and fixed release that will be posted here on the 19th and should fix all of your issues, as @Palanto Games busted his hump this week to fix everything on the 0.4.2.1 release.
Thanks for the heads up. Life, as is its wont, has kept me from doing a lot of the usual things like email checks etc over the last couple weeks.

@Palanto Games
As to the wierdness, I was able to re-install the 4.1.1 in a new folder and made it to the end of the prologue a few minutes ago.
I went back to my "original" and tried running it. Last nights run I made it through the 'Choices intro' then the error loop o' death. This morning it actually loads to the traceback.txt. I am certain that all is well now(with the new update), but for the sake of completeness I will upload the traceback.

Thanks again to ya both!

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
Hi,
I don't know what the hell happen, but it's for sure from my side, i lost all the saves game. I just wanna know the location of them,it is the appdata/renpy.. right?
I did a spring cleaning (in winter :) ) and i must have delete them, anyway i do not mind AT ALL to replay it full.
All i wanted to ask was the location confirmation of the savings, no special one?
Thank you @ASLPro3D @Palanto Games , as always a pleasure !!!

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
Yeah, it was strange that a month ago all was fine. Last night it started then crashed and doesn't load at all this morning. I will do a fresh install after work tonight with latest. Before i wipe the old folder I will poke around to see if anything stands out in there.

Have guys, off to earn my stipend.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Hi,
I don't know what the hell happen, but it's for sure from my side, i lost all the saves game. I just wanna know the location of them,it is the appdata/renpy.. right?
I did a spring cleaning (in winter :) ) and i must have delete them, anyway i do not mind AT ALL to replay it full.
All i wanted to ask was the location confirmation of the savings, no special one?
You are correct, my friend, you can find your saves for Wicked Choices in C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\RenPy folder.

Are you using the new Wicked Choices 0.4.2.1 version that I sent you for being a supporter on Patreon? If so, it may not be recognizing the old saves as we had to change some of the scripts and file names in the new version to make sure that any future saves and updates would be identified properly in the future.

If you do, have to restart the whole thing, my sincerest apologies!! :(

Reactions: El bacca Del Chew

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Yeah, it was strange that a month ago all was fine. Last night it started then crashed and doesn't load at all this morning. I will do a fresh install after work tonight with latest. Before i wipe the old folder I will poke around to see if anything stands out in there.

Have guys, off to earn my stipend.
That is one of the issues that we discovered with the old versions between 0.4.1.1 and the new 0.4.2.0 version, that somewhere along the lines, some of the saves and archives couldn't properly find the files in the .rpa files, because folder and file name changes along the way with the updates... also, because Ren'Py had a really faulty update before the current 6.99.14.1 version that sometimes didn't compile things properly and corrupted some files during compiling... which is why we came out with Wicked Choices version 0.4.2.1 to correct the issues that broke the game REALLY BAD!!

So, my suggestion is the completely delete the previous Wicked Choices game folder that you've been using and download the new full version Wicked Choices 0.4.2.1 (that I sent you on Patreon for being a supporter of us) and use this new folder and game as the base game to inject the future updates into from now on and going forward.

This should fix any and all of the corrupted .RPA files and make it so that the saves (hopefully) work properly... @Palanto Games will be able to really provide the technical side of what really happened better than me... I mean... "Damnit, Jim, I'm a writer, not a programmer!" (sorry, Star Trek reference, lol)

Reactions: Wyrme and DA22

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
You are correct, my friend, you can find your saves for Wicked Choices in C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\RenPy folder.

Are you using the new Wicked Choices 0.4.2.1 version that I sent you for being a supporter on Patreon? If so, it may not be recognizing the old saves as we had to change some of the scripts and file names in the new version to make sure that any future saves and updates would be identified properly in the future.

If you do, have to restart the whole thing, my sincerest apologies!! :(
I do use the one you sent me (tyx100).
And do not apologize, the timing could'nt have been better. I checked the path you just give me and i did screw up !!! I deleted every files in roaming/renpy, why is an another prob, hehe...So back to the start and you know what, i ENJOY IT even MORE this time (not finished yet but still).

The ride remains awesome my friend.

Best regards to your wife and you, take care.

Reactions: Wyrme and DA22

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Thanks for the heads up. Life, as is its wont, has kept me from doing a lot of the usual things like email checks etc over the last couple weeks.

@Palanto Games
As to the wierdness, I was able to re-install the 4.1.1 in a new folder and made it to the end of the prologue a few minutes ago.
I went back to my "original" and tried running it. Last nights run I made it through the 'Choices intro' then the error loop o' death. This morning it actually loads to the traceback.txt. I am certain that all is well now(with the new update), but for the sake of completeness I will upload the traceback.

Thanks again to ya both!
Thanks for reporting the problem, yes like someone else already said, it's because of the missing gui file "
wc_pro_icon.png" :) It should be fixed in the latest release.

Hi,
Like everyone else already explained and told you, they were, to be more precise, inside the folder: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\WickedChoices-1489503809\
Since you deleted that folder I can't do much for you, except if you have made a backup of your last versions game folder, then the saves should be inside that:
WickedChoices\game\saves\
Which you could just copy and put into your new versions game\saves\ folder which then automatically copies them to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\WickedChoices-1489503809

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Thanks for reporting the problem, yes like someone else already said, it's because of the missing gui file "
wc_pro_icon.png" :) It should be fixed in the latest release.
No-no. This was my response to Wyrme 's traceback. He seems to be missing this file. I played v0.4.1.0 and double checked just now and the file is there, nothing is missing from the published v0.4.1.0.
Are you saying that the file is missing from v0.4.1.1?

Palanto, have you and ASL3Pro3D thought about the possibility to convert all CG images to webp format? Ptolemy did that with the last version of his Intimate Relations and the size of the game shrunk from the size of the previous version of over 2GB to just 280MB with a bunch of pictures added to the game. I mean, webp format is a great replacement to png because it has transparency and it also has both - lossless and lossy compression with similar or better quality than jpg.
I find it to be a perfect solution to both problems - the size of lossless png and the lack of transparency of jpg format.

Reactions: DA22 and Palanto

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
I'm already doing that for the android version. But ASLPro3D said, that he doesn't want any quality compromise in case of the PC "HD" version of the game. I know lossless webp doesn't look any different from the original .png (at least for someone like me ;) ) but he says he can see the difference and that's why we're keeping it that way ;)

Btw. even the android version is now at ~1.3 GB (lossless webp) so it would save about 700MB of diskspace... :) Not that much for PC's in this day and age :)
If we wouldn't have damaged some old files with the 0.4.2.0 update everyone would only need to download ~200MB of new files... but since some files got damaged everyone will have to redownload the whole 2GB (Yeah I know that's a lot for just images.... :) )

Soooooo..... well it's @ASLPro3D's call since he is the writer and artist ;) And he doesn't seem to like the idea of ripping his art to SD quality just for some reduction in size :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I do think the size of the updates will be quite reasonable as long as old files do not get danaged too often, but considering ASLPRO remarks that we are still only in the setup fase of the game, I can see it approaching 10GB by the end.:)

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Yeah me2... actually with all that's planned it will probably be >20GB rofl :D That's why I already asked him about reducing the filesize before, his answer was no and he explained to me why ;) And I searched for thousands of really lossless methods but they all had some washed out colors or stuff like that in the end. So I can understand and accept his decision ;) "I" can't see a difference in the png -> lossless webp though, but I'm not that good at finding the slight pixel deep differences they may have :D

Reactions: ASLPro3D and DA22

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Well I don't know details either ;) Because I didn't want to get too many spoiler in advance. :D All I know is a "short" description of the overall story and that it's going to be a game some chapters further in instead of a "picture book with some choices" as it is now ;) So all you're currently doing is probably considered character creation in other games rofl :D

Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Yeah, I am a bit of a stickler when it comes to art and image compression... it's probably the photographer in me and having seen what compression can do to prints and stuff. ;)

So yeah, this game is probably going to be somewhat massive in size when it is complete, which is why we are going with the update path to reduce download times for players... but the images can be printed poster size (done it with a few to test... though I am sure that Vista Print was a bit shocked as to the content, lol... but they have no rules against nude printing) without a problem. :D

That means you can get a poster created of the obnoxious FAP without loss of color or texture... maybe I should have body pillows made of her... :evilsmile:

But yes, probably going to be a bit on the big size once the entire game is assembled, but will (hopefully) be worth it!

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
kind of dropped Glassix in favor of those more and due to limited time to play... they were the inspiration for me to try my hand at creating a game. ;)
Yeah, i agree the time management games are a lot grindy and time consuming. And all your other examples have better narrative and story to keep you interested.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You will get an option someday to help her and take revenge on her brother., that was confirmed by ASLPRO earlier Up to you if you will take that chance. :evilsmile:

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes