Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Getting an exception error on every MC dialog. "keyerror: u'povname'"
That actually can't happen ;) Because there is no variable "povname" inside the game anymore, since 0.3.0.0 that is....
So if you got that error you have a savegame from one of the old games (which were 3 seperate games, Prologue, Chapter 1 and Chapter 2) and that can't really work. Since december the name is saved inside a local class variable so you won't find any povname / povsurname anymore ;)
If it is a savegame from v0.3.0.0 forward then please send me the savegame and the scripts.rpa (inside your WickedChoices-PC/game/ folder) thanks. :)

Reactions: DA22

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
No chance to peek on the wifey? MC will be avenged! Great opening btw, i cannot wait to feed Syrina and improve the wifeys attitude. Some families require demonic counseling. Anticipating quality time with Terri and Michelle.
I had thought about him doing a peep on his wife taking a shower, but had already done something like that with his niece and didn't want to be redundant... at least not so quickly in the game again.

Instead, I felt that it was the perfect moment for the MC to suffer his brief bought of doubt and uncertainty regarding being this "powerful Antichrist" figure that Syrina seems to think that he is... get it out of the way now, so he can move forward and seize the reality of what he truly is and move the story forward... rather than leaving that crisis to happen later in the story and drag things out further. ;)

don2sail

Jun 3, 2017
i'm confused and I'm hoping someone can set me straight. I d/l this version 421 expecting new material, but when I play it i get the prologue (which I already had) and no indication of how to continue.

Reactions: DA22

MasterDk78

Dec 16, 2017
@ ofcoz there is other games out there, some i like, and support with all my heart.
I stated my mind regarding what i liked, and what i did not like. Its up to you how much u want to listen to "us leechers" who eventully could become patrons... what an beutiful mind

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Yes, I can understand the frustration of having to download the full-sized game again, but @Palanto Games and I discovered that there was a major fault in many of people's save files that were looking for extensions that were no longer available, so it was borking people's save games... this will be the FULL VERSION that people will need to apply the updates to from now on or their saves will no longer work and some images will keep from appearing.

Yes, it is frustrating that it is attached to such a "small" update (which still has over 5,000 words and over 200 images, counting the NEW menu animation) but better it was done with a small update than a larger one... *shrugs*
to me it's not the d/ling, it's finding my saves are either incompatible or i have to move them to a new dir for it to find them. but that's just a minor annoyance and not really worth noting. as long as it's on mega it doesn't take long at all to d/l @ 1.91MB/s, google drive is a bit nicer cuz i get 2.85MB/s from it for some weird reason, but googledrive often locks it when too many d/l. never been a fan of update patches tho, tried one and still ended up having to d/l the full game haha it was weird that the full game worked fine but the patched one didn't, yet when i did a compare there wasn't really any differences. i just hope in this update there's even more of the tiny demon girl heh i dunno why but she amuses me and i want one for my desk! haha

Reactions: DA22 and Palanto

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
i'm confused and I'm hoping someone can set me straight. I d/l this version 421 expecting new material, but when I play it i get the prologue (which I already had) and no indication of how to continue.
Well just continue playing (hitting space until the next chapter starts)

to me it's not the d/ling, it's finding my saves are either incompatible or i have to move them to a new dir for it to find them. but that's just a minor annoyance and not really worth noting. as long as it's on mega it doesn't take long at all to d/l @ 1.91MB/s, google drive is a bit nicer cuz i get 2.85MB/s from it for some weird reason, but googledrive often locks it when too many d/l. never been a fan of update patches tho, tried one and still ended up having to d/l the full game haha it was weird that the full game worked fine but the patched one didn't, yet when i did a compare there wasn't really any differences. i just hope in this update there's even more of the tiny demon girl heh i dunno why but she amuses me and i want one for my desk! haha
Hmm? Also impossible, the savegame folder is still the same, called "C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\WickedChoices-1489503809" so as long as the savegames pop up in your games loading screen then they are there.... And if they are "incompatible" you'd get an error message when you try to load them.... Sooo either you removed those savegames in %appdata% or I'm starting to lose my mind :D

Reactions: DA22 and ASLPro3D

Jayjayj

Aug 15, 2017
That actually can't happen ;) Because there is no variable "povname" inside the game anymore, since 0.3.0.0 that is....
So if you got that error you have a savegame from one of the old games (which were 3 seperate games, Prologue, Chapter 1 and Chapter 2) and that can't really work. Since december the name is saved inside a local class variable so you won't find any povname / povsurname anymore ;)
If it is a savegame from v0.3.0.0 forward then please send me the savegame and the scripts.rpa (inside your WickedChoices-PC/game/ folder) thanks. :)
The save i have is from the last update, when Carina and Lynara get sent to the human lands or w/e. and pretty sure that save i started from the beginning of the story so no its not from any of the old versions of the game.

EDIT: Well i loaded up a save from last update and get the error again, so apparently it is a save from chapter 2 or earlier. Guess Ill have to start from the beginning again.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Well just continue playing (hitting space until the next chapter starts)

Hmm? Also impossible, the savegame folder is still the same, called "C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\WickedChoices-1489503809" so as long as the savegames pop up in your games loading screen then they are there.... And if they are "incompatible" you'd get an error message when you try to load them.... Sooo either you removed those savegames in %appdata% or I'm starting to lose my mind :D
i have, WickedChoices-ChapterOne-1494962045, WickedChoices-ChapterTwo-1500133947, and WickedChoices-1489503809. heh so, lose your mind! hehe it was that chapter two one that gave me the trouble between it and the last one. but i was also mainly talking in general about all games. some games are nice and the dev has an update.rpy that updates the savegames so you don't have to start all over from scratch everytime. no idea how they do this but i do love it.

Reactions: Palanto and DA22

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
@ ofcoz there is other games out there, some i like, and support with all my heart.
I stated my mind regarding what i liked, and what i did not like. Its up to you how much u want to listen to "us leechers" who eventully could become patrons... what an beutiful mind
Yes, you did and acknowledged that you did... but your evident problem with the game is the story, it isn't your kind of story... "but.. elves, aliens, demons" as you said... um... that's the entire story, which isn't going to change.

As I said, this game isn't going to be for everyone. Some aren't going to like the subject matter, some aren't going to like the situations, some aren't going to like the religious elements, some aren't going to like the fantasy side of things or the subject matter... or the "wall of text".

Adjusting my game and story, tweaking it into being something that it was never meant to be on the "off chance" of "possibly" attracting some "leechers" (or anyone else) who eventually "could" become patrons... oh please... that would be a disservice to the ones that already ARE patrons and accept the story just fine the way it is and it is a disservice to myself (and those working with me) because then I wouldn't be faithful to the story that I've designed and have been working on.

It would be like complaining to McDonalds and asking them to change their Big Mac because a few people don't like the 3rd bun in the center of their burger... boo hoo... over 5 billion of the things sold and a couple of hundred people don't wanna just take the damn bun out themselves or go down the street to Burger King instead... nope, change the whole format, these few people don't like the current burger, so we got to change everything because they "might" buy our burger if we do...

Yeah, no.

This game is in it's 6th month of creation, it has almost over 100,000 words and has nearly 2000 images in it... if people are going to up and support it, they would've already... and many, many have... including members from here that started out as "leechers"... and if others do, fantastic, that is great, they are welcomed and encouraged to do so and even get some nice little benefits if they do...

...under the understanding that they are investing their hard earned dollar in providing support for a product in production whose creator isn't going to stop mid-game and change everything because some people said the story had too many buns in it...

When creators take their stories and game that they've worked hard to create and then start adjusting it into being something different then intended, they end up creating a mess and tick off their current supporters who are now being force fed a product that they never signed up to support... it is a HUGE disservice to them and a SLAP in their face for their support that they've been giving you, creating a huge angry mass of people who feel betrayed and for what??? Maybe a couple of dollars more?

Sorry... my game, my story, my business partners and my current patrons who've been supporting me since the start is more important to me than the "possibility" or even a "greater chance" of more money... steering your business and product chasing money isn't how you build a business or treat your faithful patrons/clients/customers... building a solid, stable product and sticking to your dream of that product is how you build a business... and my business is SET IN STONE.

Period.

Maybe you don't like this game.... like I said, it's cool... no problem, there are many others that you can "support with all your heart" and I know those creators will appreciate it!

Maybe, you'll like our next game and will choose to support that one. That would be great too!! And, at least if you do, you'll know for sure that no one is going to change my mind and pressure me into screwing over the support you were showing to me on it...

I stand by my product and my work... and it won't change.

'nuff said.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
The save i have is from the last update, when Carina and Lynara get sent to the human lands or w/e. and pretty sure that save i started from the beginning of the story so no its not from any of the old versions of the game.

EDIT: Well i loaded up a save from last update and get the error again, so apparently it is a save from chapter 2 or earlier. Guess Ill have to start from the beginning again.
Yeah sounds like something unfortunately got borked with your save @Jayjayj and I am sorry for the trouble. @Palanto Games is the programmer and handles the technical better than I can ever, so will let him answer you, but I am sorry for the trouble.

Reactions: Palanto and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Why do I have the feeling little FAP will add some options and great encouragement to be very close to your daughter? :evilsmile:

-Teases- So we can look forward to an extra big episode next time with the content you took out this episode included if time and health will allow it of course? :D

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Yeah sounds like something unfortunately got borked with your save @Jayjayj and I am sorry for the trouble. @Palanto Games is the programmer and handles the technical better than I can ever, so will let him answer you, but I am sorry for the trouble.
yea it did the same with my last save
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 434, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?
but the save before that works fine, weird, just the ending thing where she sends the two to the real world.

Reactions: Palanto

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
sad my last working save puts me back where she's telling him about them, so i have lots to go thru before i get to the new parts haha oh well. thank god it was just one save. but annoying that the working save was at 01:35 and the very last save was at 02:17, so much to go thru haha so here i go.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Why do I have the feeling little FAP will add some options and great encouragement to be very close to your daughter? :evilsmile:
I can neither confirm, nor deny, the accuracy of this statement, for if I do so a little FAP may do irreparable harm either to myself or a member of my precious anatomy... sorry. ;)

-Teases- So we can look forward to an extra big episode next time with the content you took out this episode included if time and health will allow it of course? :D
I am nearing the blurred vision stage of my first of many "All-Nighters" that I will be pulling this week to insure a timely release for March and our $30 Patrons.

The health and the multitude of tests being currently ran on me to see if the rather disturbing amount of blood that I am passing in my urine (looks like Hawaiian Punch in color) is either the result of my enlarged prostate (that can be treated in most cases with medication or surgery) or the result of prostate cancer (which is a whole slew of "oh dear god, no" treatments that I don't want to think about right now)...

...suffice to say, that right now, I am behind in my scheduled desired release schedule and I am doing everything I can to try and get me back onto it, so as not to disappoint anyone, including myself.

Ideally, the scene that I yanked out from this current release (0.4.2.1) will be in the next release (0.4.3.0) and slightly expanded on, along with two other scenes... one that takes place before the scene that was ripped out and one after it... as of right now, I am just going to keep my head down and working on it!! :D

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
wth now i can't go and see anymore?!? but this save had everything done that made it happen last time, now i only have refuse and go to bed available.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
yea it did the same with my last save
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 434, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?
but the save before that works fine, weird, just the ending thing where she sends the two to the real world.
I remember when we were playing the new version as it came out for patrons, that there were problems with the save due to the new version of Renpy as Palanto explained then. It gave some problems with compiling some older RPA's as well. This is the reason why the team made a new version, looks like not all saves were rescued by this. Luckily if use skip mode game can be played relatively fast or good option to see some scenes you missed first time though.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I can neither confirm, nor deny, the accuracy of this statement, for if I do so a little FAP may do irreparable harm either to myself or a member of my precious anatomy... sorry. ;)
You are forgiven ASLPRO, I am pretty sure I do not wish to anger a certain little FAP or her mother too much until way more powerful.

Considering being a bit behind, remember to take care of your health foremost though. I want to see the whole story and game even if bit slower. Don't think you get off the hook of delivering that so easily. :closedtongue:

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes