walgadon

Nov 5, 2017
Restarting is not really that big a deal, there are not a lot of choices along the way and skipping goes really fast.
I just checked it for fun and it took me less then 3 minutes knowing the choices I wanted to pick.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Restarting is not really that big a deal, there are not a lot of choices along the way and skipping goes really fast.
I just checked it for fun and it took me less then 3 minutes knowing the choices I wanted to pick.
Yeah, right now is really the perfect time to get as many of the bugs out of the way, programming wise, as possible... as you said, it is easy for those who've already played the game to skim to the choices they know they want to make and proceed to the end without too much trouble... so really, a much better time than one that could've been much more complex in story telling and decision making than where we are currently at! ;)

Reactions: DA22 and Palanto

ItsEricBoi

Sep 13, 2017
Has anyone got a solution to this? Please and thanks.
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'/home/tom/ab/renpy/renpy/common/000atl.rpy', 1504313599, 0) is defined twice, at renpy/common/000atl.rpy:25 and renpy/common/000atl(1).rpyc:25.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\U\Downloads\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\U\Downloads\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\main.py", line 367, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\U\Downloads\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\script.py", line 266, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\U\Downloads\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\script.py", line 757, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "C:\Users\U\Downloads\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\script.py", line 423, in finish_load
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'/home/tom/ab/renpy/renpy/common/000atl.rpy', 1504313599, 0) is defined twice, at renpy/common/000atl.rpy:25 and renpy/common/000atl(1).rpyc:25.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218

Thu Feb 22 23:21:28 2018

JayneCobb

Feb 4, 2018

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\U\Downloads\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\U\Downloads\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\script.py", line 266, in load_script
File "C:\Users\U\Downloads\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\script.py", line 757, in load_appropriate_file
File "C:\Users\U\Downloads\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\script.py", line 423, in finish_load

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218

Looks like you somehow got some duplicate files in the \renpy\ folder. Find and delete "C:\Users\U\Downloads\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\common\000atl(1).rpyc". If that was the only duplicate file, the game should load fine. If not, there may be other duplicates. Easiest thing to do would be to just delete the game folder and re-extract it (your saves will not be deleted).

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017

While running game code:

Full traceback:
renpy.main.main()

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218

Looks like you somehow got some duplicate files in the \renpy\ folder. Find and delete "C:\Users\U\Downloads\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\common\000atl(1).rpyc". If that was the only duplicate file, the game should load fine. If not, there may be other duplicates. Easiest thing to do would be to just delete the game folder and re-extract it (your saves will not be deleted).

Perfect, I get up because someone called me, then I log in to Discord and see a message that there's a traceback on F95 I rush in here and see there, it's already solved :D Thanks @bmpb86 :)
I guess @jose1111111 has accidentaly clicked on copy & rename instead of "overwrite" while extracting the archive over the old one? :)

Reactions: DA22 and ASLPro3D

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
And again I didn't change anything on that part of the game. It's build in ren'py stuff that I didn't play around with. Everyone except you seems to have the "Auto" button down below the textbox, and like the video I showed before I don't have the problem either X_x So I don't know what you do to the game but if you add any external script files or anything like that then that's probably one of the causes for this error. If you don't then I'm sorry, I don't know why it disappears on you in the last parts added to the game....

edit: Try changin the renderer or press H twice (one time to hide all interface/gui elements and again to show them again) if all that doesn't help then I don't know what it is X_x
Just to clarify, the auto-forward button is there when I start a new game, and it'll remain there until the latest content comes. So I can auto-forward just fine from Prologue to the end of Chapter 4 Part 1. When Chapter 4 Part 2 starts, it's no longer there. Just magically vanished, I can't be the only one experiencing this, but I'll try the double H, see if that helps. I'll upload a screenshot if it doesn't help.

EDIT: I've made several screenshots and during this time I think I have found out why all the buttons below disappear, for it may have something to do with the fact that I tend to Fast-Forward content I already saw using the Ctrl button for a controlled skipping. Reloaded a 22nd of February save and worked up from there and the buttons are still there at the beginning of Chapter 4 Part 2. So it's safe to say that it's a glitch.

Darth Sidious

Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Here take a look, uploaded several images with a small explanation below. Maybe it'll help dev narrow down the issue.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Here take a look, uploaded several images with a small explanation below. Maybe it'll help dev narrow down the issue.

Ok, first: I'm always skipping through the game like that too :) Still never had that problem.
Second: The stuck "skipping" symbol in the upper left corner is a result of pressing TAB (skips until you press TAB again or until you choose something in a menu)
And third: Thanks for the screenshots I'll try to replicate it but I'm not sure I'm able to, if at all it would be a ren'py internal bug which I could try to forward to the creators of ren'py but I guess if you'd report it yourself they would be able to find and fix it easier since I never had the problem and can't really find a way to replicate it X_x But I'll try anyway ;)

Darth Sidious

Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Ok, first: I'm always skipping through the game like that too :) Still never had that problem.
Second: The stuck "skipping" symbol in the upper left corner is a result of pressing TAB (skips until you press TAB again or until you choose something in a menu)
And third: Thanks for the screenshots I'll try to replicate it but I'm not sure I'm able to, if at all it would be a ren'py internal bug which I could try to forward to the creators of ren'py but I guess if you'd report it yourself they would be able to find and fix it easier since I never had the problem and can't really find a way to replicate it X_x But I'll try anyway ;)
I play many dozens of ero-games on ren'py engine and only in two cases do I report this issue. Also I never use TAB, only CTRL ;) But I think we can agree that it's a bug in ren'py engine, that Skip icon shouldn't be there when nothing is being skipped anyway. Don't know where I can report this issue for ren'py where I don't need to go through the process of creating and activating an account first. Regardless I found a temporary solution by just reloading an older save where the buttons in the UI are still in tact. Thanks for your time, I believe I've got my answer on the question since the last build now ;) Looking forward to Chapter 5!

Darth Sidious

Donor
Sep 24, 2017
I forwarded it to them, I want to know why it happens to you but not to me even though we have the same game files X_x
Certainly the same game files, didn't modify anything. I can give you my system specs but I doubt it'd matter much, I'll list it below. Also, if you need those saves, I can upload them and you can see for yourself with your developer tools on.

RAM: 16GB
CPU: i7-4770k @ 4.00 GHz
GPU: GTX TITAN X (12GB VRAM)

Using no application-altering programs, only selective SmartScreen function and no active anti-malware shield other than Windows own Firewall. Pretty sure nothing in the game files is being blocked or restricted. Placed the game in my external SSD with no security layer to be sure.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Certainly the same game files, didn't modify anything. I can give you my system specs but I doubt it'd matter much, I'll list it below. Also, if you need those saves, I can upload them and you can see for yourself with your developer tools on.

RAM: 16GB
CPU: i7-4770k @ 4.00 GHz
GPU: GTX TITAN X (12GB VRAM)

Using no application-altering programs, only selective SmartScreen function and no active anti-malware shield other than Windows own Firewall. Pretty sure nothing in the game files is being blocked or restricted. Placed the game in my external SSD with no security layer to be sure.
Definitely not a hardware problem then ;) That hardware is good enough for actually everything :)
Hmmm
Well the savegames would be a start, maybe I can replicate the problem this way and find out what happens in the background. Since that menu should always be shown and I didn't play around with it anywhere I can only guess it's a problem with the savegame itself (something broke while saving) or it's really a bug that renpytom should take a look at :)

SexyFeetLover

Feb 14, 2018
Here i go again...(not referring to the song by Whitesnake)...Testing a game, and it turns out to be good and addictive. :)

Must say that i love what the developer have done with the mythology. The story is good, and i laughed my ass off at the "little fairy" joke. Dont want to give away any spoilers.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
XDXDXD

Anyway, great job so far and thank you for creating a cool game. :cool::)

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes