RedRoajs1

Red Rose
Donor
Jun 15, 2017
There is a rape tag, that should suffice since RAPE means RAPE whoever gets raped it doesn't matter at all, it is tagged and also inside the Genre Spoiler in the OP. If we had to tag every character seperately the list would be endless by the time we finish the game... so yeah, if you see rape inside the tags or in the genre spoiler you should be prepared that someone could get raped... And as far as I can tell, the topic has already 78 pages, most of them filled with positive comments about the game, some being angry about Claire getting raped but not because it's inside the game, but because they want to rip out the heart of her brother and mother for that matter.... What raised more negative comments was the furry family member at the end of chapter 3 ;)

tldr: There is a rape tag and also rape mentioned in the genre spoiler. Most people were freaking out about chapter 3s end but not about the unavoidable rape, most were just angry and wanted to eat her brother and mother but not us for implementing it ;)

p.S.: Those are the tags available on this forum:
Ask a moderator / admin to add that specific tag if that's what you need/want :)
How do I go about asking a moderator to do that? Any names I can tag or place where I can search for the names? Help is much appreciated. And I also wasn't angry that there is rape, just that there isn't enough forewarning. :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Still that does not take away the responsibility of the player himself, to investigate some himself when sees a tag like that, especially since there is no unavoidable rape tag in this forum. Same goes for a tag like NTR, though I dont mind too much most what is considered NTR on this site, I do dislike the True NTR as was in classic Games like True Blue. (Yeah I played it and was more careful in games selection after that, a few other games also managed to do that like Pigeon Blood:biggrin:)

Rape is also not one of my favorite items in games either, since I have seen it's effects on people in past unfortunately. That does not mean though it should be avoided at all costs in or can not be part of a game. It does mean I will not choose a game tagged with that if want easy relaxation.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
I'd probably go into this one:

But honestly, since when is a rape avoidable? If it was then it would be no rape... Well I'm not a fan of rape either and it doesn't turn me on in any way, but that scene wasn't shown or written to turn anyone on... Yeah it's not your happy go lucky 12yr old boy wants to go and fuck everything with 2 tits and 3 holes that walks around. So there are some ups and downs to our story :)

RedRoajs1

Red Rose
Donor
Jun 15, 2017
I'd probably go into this one:

But honestly, since when is a rape avoidable? If it was then it would be no rape... Well I'm not a fan of rape either and it doesn't turn me on in any way, but that scene wasn't shown or written to turn anyone on... Yeah it's not your happy go lucky 12yr old boy wants to go and fuck everything with 2 tits and 3 holes that walks around. So there are some ups and downs to our story :)
Well sometimes rape can be used as a consequence for bad actions made by the player (knowingly or unknowingly), making it avoidable. I'm fine with encountering rape in a game if it was due to my own fuck up. Not saying unavoidable rape in a game is bad, not at all, just not most peoples' cup of tea, you know? :) And the deed has been done: Do feel free to help me get some traction by liking/following the thread! :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
@redroajs1 I sincerely appreciate the suggestion.
Though I have no control over the main tagging system, even if I did, I wouldn't change the tag and here is why...

Rape is rape... if it was unavoidable, then it really wouldn't be rape. It's label/tag should be enough to announce to players that there is RAPE in the game and if it offends them, they shouldn't play the game... period.

Honestly, the tagging system is fine and warns people... if they keep altering the tagging system to "appease" the easily offended, the next set of tags will be: "Includes African People", "Has Only Caucasians"... or stupid ones like: "Handsomely, Oversized Penis" or "Only Green Tentacles".

This game has RAPE... those who are offended by the subject should avoid it at all costs, if they can't understand that or bother to read or are stupid enough to still play it when they know it is in the game, that is THEIR problem, not mine... it can't be any clearer than that to members and I REFUSE to take responsibility or coddle individuals who are too STUPID to know that RAPE in a tag means RAPE.

Sorry... but I am not going accept responsibility for dumb individuals!

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
@Palanto I think with avoidable he means like with the scene with Carina, you can choose a different path where the rape does not happen at all depending on your choices.

This of course would not work for the Claire scene since it is part of a major plot development.

Edit:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Oh and please @redroajs1 , please, please understand, I am not yelling "AT" you... as I am not.

Just frustrated that society seems to think that there needs to be "quantifiers" to terms that should be simple enough to understand to try and further protect potential idiots.

Is there even such a thing as Natural Selection anymore, or have we abolished it from Nature?

RedRoajs1

Red Rose
Donor
Jun 15, 2017
@redroajs1 I sincerely appreciate the suggestion.
Though I have no control over the main tagging system, even if I did, I wouldn't change the tag and here is why...

Rape is rape... if it was unavoidable, then it really wouldn't be rape. It's label/tag should be enough to announce to players that there is RAPE in the game and if it offends them, they shouldn't play the game... period.

Honestly, the tagging system is fine and warns people... if they keep altering the tagging system to "appease" the easily offended, the next set of tags will be: "Includes African People", "Has Only Caucasians"... or stupid ones like: "Handsomely, Oversized Penis" or "Only Green Tentacles".

This game has RAPE... those who are offended by the subject should avoid it at all costs, if they can't understand that or bother to read or are stupid enough to still play it when they know it is in the game, that is THEIR problem, not mine... it can't be any clearer than that to members and I REFUSE to take responsibility or coddle individuals who are too STUPID to know that RAPE in a tag means RAPE.

Sorry... but I am not going accept responsibility for dumb individuals!
Hmm, I understand the sentiment, and as I've said before, not offended at all. Just saying, but the folks at VNDB have an excellent tagging system in place in my opinion. Best I've seen compared to everywhere else on the web. That's one of the main reasons the site is so immensely well trafficked in my opinion. Why not use something that clearly works very well? They don't have any pointless tags like "Only X Race" or whatever. That's precisely why not just anyone can add or remove tags. It's well moderated. And the tags I'm suggesting are all tags that are used there. Heck, I'm pretty sure all of the flash adult games hosting sites (i.e. swfchan) have the "Unavoidable Rape" separate from the normal "Rape" tag as well. There's a huge difference between the two after all. :)

RedRoajs1

Red Rose
Donor
Jun 15, 2017
Oh and please @redroajs1 , please, please understand, I am not yelling "AT" you... as I am not.

Just frustrated that society seems to think that there needs to be "quantifiers" to terms that should be simple enough to understand to try and further protect potential idiots.

Is there even such a thing as Natural Selection anymore, or have we abolished it from Nature?
With the recent tide pod challenge, I'm almost completely certain natural selection is still working its magic. Most likely no amount of cushioning will be able to stop mother nature from taking her course. Idiots tend to always find a way to be idiots.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
With the recent tide pod challenge, I'm almost completely certain natural selection is still working its magic. Most likely no amount of cushioning will be able to stop mother nature from taking her course. Idiots tend to always find a way to be idiots.
My philosophy is rather simple...

We have created a society where we coddle stupid people and refuse to help mentally sick individuals who are then allowed to try and struggle their way through life... who grow used to being coddled and absolved of responsibility; AND THEN WE ACT SUPRISED AND HORRIFIED when they can no longer handle the abuse or treatment of being different and pick up a weapon and start killing others in their sickness and frustration.

Helping idiots doesn't mean coddling them... it should be educating them so they are NO LONGER idiots... dumbing things down for them, doesn't help them... it only enables them.

RedRoajs1

Red Rose
Donor
Jun 15, 2017
My philosophy is rather simple...

We have created a society where we coddle stupid people and refuse to help mentally sick individuals who are then allowed to try and struggle their way through life... who grow used to being coddled and absolved of responsibility; AND THEN WE ACT SUPRISED AND HORRIFIED when they can no longer handle the abuse or treatment of being different and pick up a weapon and start killing others in their sickness and frustration.

Helping idiots doesn't mean coddling them... it should be educating them so they are NO LONGER idiots... dumbing things down for them, doesn't help them... it only enables them.
I think this discussion will be of utmost interest to you:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I would make a big distinction though between idiots and people with serious mental and/or medical conditions. Yeah it is a real shame to our society that they are not helped and we do cuddle idiots instead.
YES, there used to be a big distinction between idiots and those with mental and/or medical conditions, but not so much anymore, as society has deemed them to be one and the same and are treated the same...

I get there was massive abuse that occurred prior to the 70's in mental health facilities, but the closure of them en mass has deposited these individuals into the homes of parents inadequate or uneducated in providing proper care for them... some would rather just pawn them off to be societies problem rather than dealing with it.

Parents no longer educate their children, they are too busy trying to live their own lives and pretending they aren't parents, or are too busy trying to keep roofs over their heads... pawning education of their children onto others, or the internet... children are no longer being taught the value of LIFE, not just their own, but others as well... they are no longer being taught that they are responsible for their actions, no one else is and the punishment of those actions are theirs to bare... not you, me or anyone else... they are being left to defend for themselves and because of over-coddling, are ill prepared to handle stress or even find appropriate ways of dealing with it...

Education begins at home...

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I hate to be the partypooper here guys but:
General rules:
  • Avoid discussing controversial topics, eg religion and politics
You are right... let's take it to Discord if we wish to continue this conversation folks...

Reactions: Palanto

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
True or as you indicated in your points like mental institutions, roof over head, education system and other calamities to us as society to support and/or enable people to have the chances to make those informed choices. How much you want that to be done by the state, private initiative or pure capitalism is a political choice though. Better not get into that swamp:)

Edit: Will leave you to your undoubtedly interesting discussion on discord since I do not use that messenger app.:) But i ROFL'ed earlier today when an UK minister defended high surcharge charges for University education, since if was free there would need to be a cap. Now me I am an elitist when it comes to University education and think they should be so hard only the top three percentile of population that have the intellect, skills and dedication should be able to get an University degree in the first place. I do not think we do ourselves or those who come from University any favors by watering down University education and make it accessible for anyone.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
*snip*
Edit: Will leave you to your undoubtedly interesting discussion on discord since I do not use that messenger app.:) But i ROFL'ed earlier today when an UK minister defended high surcharge charges for University education, since if was free there would need to be a cap. Now me I am an elitist when it comes to University education and think they should be so hard only the top three percentile of population that have the intellect, skills and dedication should be able to get an University degree in the first place. I do not think we do ourselves or those who come from University any favors by watering down University education and make it accessible for anyone.
Awww... too bad, it's a real nice app :) Well you can still use it in your browser without installing anything :D

Nothing to argue about that, university degrees shouldn't be attainable by everyone... anyone can try but not everyone gets the degree... most are just not intelligent enough, that's why I never went :p

Reactions: DA22 and ASLPro3D
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes