fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Yeah, not really what I meant, cheers.
You need to be more specific, there were a lot of changes. If you meant calling courtesans into the office to issue commands, I added management windows, and all commands are done through it now.

TommyEsclow

Aug 18, 2017
You need to be more specific, there were a lot of changes. If you meant calling courtesans into the office to issue commands, I added management windows, and all commands are done through it now.
Did you read my text above? I edited it. I thought it was specific enough.

Klereb

Jan 21, 2021
I am missing those scenes in the gallery, how can I unlock them?

page 2: row 1 in the middle; row 2 first
page 3: row 1 first; row 2 first
page 4: row 1 last
page 5: row 2 first and middle
page 6: row 1 first and middle; row 2 first and middle

dookie85

Nov 18, 2020
Did you read my text above? I edited it. I thought it was specific enough.
I read your text several times, and I still don't quite understand what you're talking about. Then again, I haven't played much of this game before and think a gallery is fine.

Are you saying the character events (like scripted scenes) used to be manually triggered and repeatable? Most of the text associated with those events don't make sense out of context. Like, they fit within the narrative. For example, the scenes in my gallery are from when I first met the girls. I wouldn't want to read through all of that in normal gameplay since it isn't about simply having sex with them again; there's also a bunch of plot dialogue that wouldn't make sense if I had played to a later state, so a gallery is appropriate. You can still see them repeatedly if you want to revisit past events, so I don't see the problem. Otherwise, the events would have to be super generic or only repeatable for the last one for it fit within the timeline.

Anyway, what I think is lacking is some kind of guide or walkthrough to help us unlock those gallery scenes. (At least I haven't found it yet) At the moment, I'm only trying to complete quests and nothing else because of unexplained choices. I hope there aren't time-gated events where you have to be at a certain place or have a specific item or skill without text prompting the player.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
I read your text several times, and I still don't quite understand what you're talking about. Then again, I haven't played much of this game before and think a gallery is fine.

Are you saying the character events (like scripted scenes) used to be manually triggered and repeatable? Most of the text associated with those events don't make sense out of context. Like, they fit within the narrative. For example, the scenes in my gallery are from when I first met the girls. I wouldn't want to read through all of that in normal gameplay since it isn't about simply having sex with them again; there's also a bunch of plot dialogue that wouldn't make sense if I had played to a later state, so a gallery is appropriate. You can still see them repeatedly if you want to revisit past events, so I don't see the problem. Otherwise, the events would have to be super generic or only repeatable for the last one for it fit within the timeline.

Anyway, what I think is lacking is some kind of guide or walkthrough to help us unlock those gallery scenes. (At least I haven't found it yet) At the moment, I'm only trying to complete quests and nothing else because of unexplained choices. I hope there aren't time-gated events where you have to be at a certain place or have a specific item or skill without text prompting the player.
He's talking about loopable "training" videos where you had to spam button to collect exp. It was a bad mini-game mechanic, too grindy and boring after "n" time repeating same thing. It was removed for a reason.
I thought working on custom events for courtesans as a progression with unique sex plots instead, but unfortunetly I have very limited resources. I focused on more important things.

Last edited:

TommyEsclow

Aug 18, 2017
He's talking about loopable "training" videos where you had to spam button to collect exp. It was a bad mini-game mechanic, too grindy and boring after "n" time repeating same thing. It was removed for a reason.
I thought working on custom events for courtesans as a progression with unique sex plots instead, but unfortunetly I have very limited resources. I focused on more important things.
Maybe I've mixed this game with another one regarding the invite thing if that's the case then sorry. But what I meant aren't specifically those training things. As instance, you have so many individuals in there and it would have bin nice to have some kind of dating feature where you could invite them in your room or somewhere else. Having sex isn't even important in this case you could just talk or spend time together. This would add dynamic in this game. I like Yaichi's hardboiled character but just going through a linear thing is quite boring in such game design. In short (in my opinion) this game needs repeatable events where you can spend time together with the girls/boys and a few minigames maybe. Like MahJong as instance which would fit in this area where you could get a few extra bucks or other stuff.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents putting up here. No matter what I like the writing and the mc.

dookie85

Nov 18, 2020
... it would have bin nice to have some kind of dating feature where you could invite them in your room or somewhere else. Having sex isn't even important in this case you could just talk or spend time together. This would add dynamic in this game.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents putting up here. No matter what I like the writing and the mc.
I think I finally understand what you were saying. The issue is you originally said this feature was unique to an older version of this game, but it's a common mechanic in brothel management and training games.

For example, in Brothel King, there's a lot more options about what to say, many topics of conversation, figuring out what they like, etc. However, I don't necessarily like how it is implemented because you're trying to manipulate the character's mood and lewd stats, and it's a waste of action points to have so many options and the possibility of choosing an ineffective or negative one. Another example is in Jack-O-Nine-Tails where you can reward girls by going on a date with them and there's a ton of other options, but the result is usually only a few lines of text and sometimes one image.

More importantly however, this feature is already in this game, Wicked Rouge. If you click "locations" and goto their room, you can talk to them there. There are just no cut scene events like you're saying though.

Usually in these games, you're trying to affects stats (relationship/love, mood, lewdness, etc.) so it would be annoying to see the same long event scene every time you want to use a particular option. Talking to them, giving them gifts, or going to places is mechanically very similar to training by another method, so the character event progression is usually like dating sims, they're only shown when you reach a certain threshold stat and aren't repeatable. I suppose you can blend the two and have the repeatable action events be slightly longer and change based on stats like Monster Girl Club Bifrost, but again, it's another form of training and the story progression events are separate.

Last edited:

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
I don't particularly find games based on repetitions interesting. It always comes down to one thing, skip through the content to increase value 1000 times. After 3-5 hours I don't want to return just to repeat the same thing. What mechanics are there will be improved, but the main focus is story. We are especially doing a good job with "Refine" on that. I could mention the story part for release is already done.

-dirtyoldman-

Jan 19, 2019
I don't particularly find games based on repetitions interesting. It always comes down to one thing, skip through the content to increase value 1000 times. After 3-5 hours I don't want to return just to repeat the same thing. What mechanics are there will be improved, but the main focus is story. We are especially doing a good job with "Refine" on that. I could mention the story part for release is already done.
i'm not very fond of repeatable grinding minigames myself
but would like to see short looped animations for night services instead of stills :p
is there any chance? even very short of 1-3 seconds

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
i'm not very fond of repeatable grinding minigames myself
but would like to see short looped animations for night services instead of stills :p
is there any chance? even very short of 1-3 seconds
For Refine I'm insisting on creating my own animations. That includes work on body movement and such. Hundreds of bones with tens or hundreds action changing keyframes. For night services I use around 30 (double that with different facial) different variations for each girl. Double that with sex training. What you're asking is to create 180 (360 with different facial) animations for starting 3 courtesans as a starting point.
I doubt anyone want me focus on that instead of real meat of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Melimelo

-dirtyoldman-

Jan 19, 2019
For Refine I'm insisting on creating my own animations. That includes work on body movement and such. Hundreds of bones with tens or hundreds action changing keyframes. For night services I use around 30 (double that with different facial) different variations for each girl. Double that with sex training. What you're asking is to create 180 (360 with different facial) animations for starting 3 courtesans.
No, i'm not. First, i didn't ask for the training animations, only for the night services. Second, if too many face variants is a problem, then it's possible to combine less and more generic same-face (maybe not even clearly visible face) sex animations with more different after-sex pics.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
No, i'm not. First, i didn't ask for the training animations, only for the night services. Second, if too many face variants is a problem, then it's possible to combine less and more generic same-face (maybe not even clearly visible face) sex animations with more different after-sex pics.
I'm bombarded with this request often, but trust me. I know what is best for the project. I have to take decisions like that to efficiently allocate my time on various game aspects to make the best out of it.

-dirtyoldman-

Jan 19, 2019
I'm bombarded with this request often, but trust me. I know what is best for the project. I have to take decisions like that to efficiently allocate my time on various game aspects to make the best out of it.
well you're the author, i'm just some whoring animation fetishist :cool:

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
well you're the author, i'm just some whoring animation fetishist :cool:
Trust me, I'd love to mass-produce animations for every instance, but in this case, I rather focus on other things.
What would you pick yourself? Animated end-day pictures or incremental courtesans progression which would unlock story events with extra effort animations and context behind them? I can't pick both and keep the same work pace. I have to weigh which feature is better and more significant for overall enjoyment.

-dirtyoldman-

Jan 19, 2019
Trust me, I'd love to mass-produce animations for every instance, but in this case, I rather focus on other things.
What would you pick yourself? Animated end-day pictures or incremental courtesans progression which would unlock story events with extra effort animations and context behind them? I can't pick both and keep the same work pace. I have to weigh which feature is better and more significant for overall enjoyment.
It's a question of sequence. Not just in this case, but in general i would make smaller, simpler, earlier and more frequently used things first, and bigger, more complex, later and less frequently used things second. But that's me of course.

4.40 star(s) 56 Votes