Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
FWIW, I'm also using the latest drivers on a 6700xt 12gb vram, 5600x, 32gb ram, and SSD. I still experience textures not loading properly playing at only 1080p. Don't think it's a hardware issue. A few pages back I mentioned I tried out AMD's beta drivers that allows frame generation in many games and ran into the same issue with textures not loading in properly despite any performance benefits AFMF provided, and this was with the same graphical settings, being everything maxed at 1080p. These specs should not struggle at 1080p in UE5. Home Together is another UE5 game that runs fine and doesn't have this issue.
You're absolutely right, your system shouldn't be having the texture loss. Unfortunately, as of yet Wildlife UE5, has not received optimization. The devs are likely learning a lot about optimization features, plugins, and methods and implementing them too early can be frustrating and sometimes unfortunately a waste of time, as often the methods get completely overwritten/replaced by something else. Just as it's better to optimize once they get the actual content into the game, they can't optimize what isn't there. This is likely why we haven't seen proper optimization yet, in the meantime, in your case I suggest disabling Global Illumination as this completely murders performance (a new feature from UE5). I'm not well versed in AMD, so I can't point to much in terms of what optimization issues particularly are occurring. Though I have heard of people with similar or lower end hardware not having your issues, so the best you could do is check where system resources are being allocated during gameplay, try different graphics settings, and potentially try a fresh install. Other than that, everything is out of your hands, as you've done what you can.

I downloaded the recent build here as linked and when loaded into a sandbox "old map" I get well, this. I am running everything on EPIC as my computer is super built that would make even NASA creame their pants. So it isn't my hardware when I am runnign a 3090TI with a 32 core: 3.8 Ghz Threadripper with 256 Ram and this game is on a M.2 Harddrive SSD for Super speed in loading times. And why is my PC built like this, because that is why.

So what gives? I hearing others are having the same issue but nothing really as of yet on a solution huh? But has anyone got the latest build to load proper? It is even more odd that there are absolutly no structures, just the way stones in the map.
That is an old map, the textures that were used for it are no longer in the game, so naturally it looks... strange. Why it's still there I don't remember the reasoning. Same as the "new map" and the actual game map. There are unfinished/missing textures that have the base blurry, low resolution textures applied. This is not your fault, this is the game and there is nothing your graphics settings can do about it.
The part of the game that everyone is praising and having fun with is the "Flat Empty Sandbox" map. Where you can use assets or import assets into the game to create your own scene, at least until the devs create a more complete game for us to play. They're letting us have fun until then while participating in bug fixes and stuff to help them develop.

Sep 11, 2018
Im sure this has been asked 100 times over. but is the female protagonist not implemented in the storyline yet? or is she just available in the sandbox.

l_i_m_e

Apr 7, 2019
View attachment 3016335

I downloaded the recent build here as linked and when loaded into a sandbox "old map" I get well, this. I am running everything on EPIC as my computer is super built that would make even NASA creame their pants. So it isn't my hardware when I am runnign a 3090TI with a 32 core: 3.8 Ghz Threadripper with 256 Ram and this game is on a M.2 Harddrive SSD for Super speed in loading times. And why is my PC built like this, because that is why.

So what gives? I hearing others are having the same issue but nothing really as of yet on a solution huh? But has anyone got the latest build to load proper? It is even more odd that there are absolutly no structures, just the way stones in the map.
Jesus, what a computer. And here I thought my 4080 13700k was excessive.

LyndaFire

Jan 24, 2022
You're absolutely right, your system shouldn't be having the texture loss. Unfortunately, as of yet Wildlife UE5, has not received optimization. The devs are likely learning a lot about optimization features, plugins, and methods and implementing them too early can be frustrating and sometimes unfortunately a waste of time, as often the methods get completely overwritten/replaced by something else. Just as it's better to optimize once they get the actual content into the game, they can't optimize what isn't there. This is likely why we haven't seen proper optimization yet, in the meantime, in your case I suggest disabling Global Illumination as this completely murders performance (a new feature from UE5). I'm not well versed in AMD, so I can't point to much in terms of what optimization issues particularly are occurring. Though I have heard of people with similar or lower end hardware not having your issues, so the best you could do is check where system resources are being allocated during gameplay, try different graphics settings, and potentially try a fresh install. Other than that, everything is out of your hands, as you've done what you can.

That is an old map, the textures that were used for it are no longer in the game, so naturally it looks... strange. Why it's still there I don't remember the reasoning. Same as the "new map" and the actual game map. There are unfinished/missing textures that have the base blurry, low resolution textures applied. This is not your fault, this is the game and there is nothing your graphics settings can do about it.
The part of the game that everyone is praising and having fun with is the "Flat Empty Sandbox" map. Where you can use assets or import assets into the game to create your own scene, at least until the devs create a more complete game for us to play. They're letting us have fun until then while participating in bug fixes and stuff to help them develop.
Ok so then it isn't just me or someone on lower specs than my PC, as I noticed a few others mentioning about it and thought perhaps it was some other issue. I even updated my drivers just to be sure. But if that is how it is, then that is how it is. I am curious if who is making this game is hiring hah. Though I would question to putting that on my resume.

LyndaFire

Jan 24, 2022
Jesus, what a computer. And here I thought my 4080 13700k was excessive.
You still have an newer GPU than I, but I still have the more ram as I believe the 4080 is only 16gb? If I recall correctly. The 4090s are still a bit pricey for me at this time. I do professional 3d art and animation from home, work remotely, so my PC and WC are the same thing. It's quite fun to play games on it. Keeps me quite warm in winter too lol.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: vrajk and l_i_m_e

rooperontti

Jul 31, 2019
I used to be the biggest fan of this project, but now three things spoil it for me. :oops:

First of all. Since the Unreal engine update my game has gone really ugly. For some reason rocks, buildings, textures, vegetatation etc. don't load or they are very very low quality. Characters seem fine. I've tried different settings and reinstall. I'm running pretty high-end PC so it is weird. I don't know what's going on. Anyone know how to fix this? [edit] Ok, just read two posts above that they have just removed those textures.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Second, they haven't fixed the VR. Game could be superior to any other VR sexgame, but the controls and menus aren't done. Been waiting for couple years. Using Quest 2.

Third, development in 2023 seems slower than ever. There's few positions, minigames and mod support, nut all "new" characters are pretty dull and I haven't notice great improvements overall. I haven't been gone wow for a long time. I feel like maybe they are focusing on wrong things? (atleast not what I'd hope to see)

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Can anybody put a torrent link, please?
Here you go.
For the first one, click on "McAztec said:" to get to the post, and direct download it from there.
Torrent added. It's the file from the OP but recompressed with 7z.

Please remember to seed. Unfortunately the speeds may be a little low at first because I'm also seeding a couple other torrents, but it'll get better as more people join in.
If you don't like our torrents, or don't like that we require signing up, there is also a torrent made by McAztec a couple posts earlier.
WildLife-2023.10.13Patreon
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: McAztec

GerP1

Nov 4, 2022
Either lower your graphics settings, update your graphics driver, or your system does not meet the system requirements for intensive UE5 games. Assuming you're an intelligent stranger, you obviously probably did those things, so yes, UE4 is the way to go if it doesn't seem to be running UE5. :(

Sidenote towards anyone curious about Unreal Engine 5 gaming performance.
The new features being used from UE5 that enhance graphics and lighting, which haven't had time to be fully optimized yet, make newer games that decide to utilize UE5 look pretty bad performance wise, but will actually be far ahead of the game once UE5 is optimized by UE themselves, as well as the community. Right now, until optimizations are made, on the average demanding UE5 game, the specifications you are looking for as recommended seem to be: Nvidia-RTX 2070 / AMD-RX 6700 XT
Which we can see is unfortunately out of a large number of people's range:

Hopefully soon we'll see some more optimizations towards UE5 as a whole, as well as game developers being creative to implement their own optimizations. However, it does seem like it's getting to the generation of gaming where people are now being nearly forced to upgrade as games begin to implement these newer graphics technologies to use.

If anyone feels like it, please reply to me if you believe to be running the game at reasonable framerate and without texture issues, on what you consider a weak/low end PC. It would probably help us understand what kind of hardware we need to run the UE5 version. I'm on a higher end PC so my performance is irrelevant. Share as much info as you want, in terms of your specs, graphics settings and framerate.

While true to extend. It's clear game has awful coding and optimization issues with some kind of rendering bug. Game simply reverts to minimum texture quality and minimum LODs for no reason even if you have 1 gb free VRAM. It's somehow related to the lighting and (functionality) objects you can spawn. This has nothing to do with UE5, it's everything to do WL being pre-alpha and badly optimized with major bugs in the system. Which is fine enough, this is something that we can tolerate, for now. But we shouldn't just blame people for having bad PCs. Like sure if you have <2070 GPU or worse and less than 8gb vram thats bad but when even with 8gb vram the game reverts to minimum textures even when vram isn't fully spent that is absolutely WL issue, not UE5 issue. You can basically halve your FPS just simply by placing less than handful of volumetric light sources.

And my take on the recommended specs is if RTX 3070 is recommended let me laugh. That's absurd levels of system requirements for something that has cute well done models but there is 0 revolutionary grahical feature present, those are basically recommended settings of Phantom Liberty. For now it is fine but game needs serious optimization for the release. I wonder if they intent to support FSR eventually, getting DLSS support might be trickier for this type of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: filipskyi

GerP1

Nov 4, 2022
FWIW, I'm also using the latest drivers on a 6700xt 12gb vram, 5600x, 32gb ram, and SSD. I still experience textures not loading properly playing at only 1080p. Don't think it's a hardware issue. A few pages back I mentioned I tried out AMD's beta drivers that allows frame generation in many games and ran into the same issue with textures not loading in properly despite any performance benefits AFMF provided, and this was with the same graphical settings, being everything maxed at 1080p. These specs should not struggle at 1080p in UE5. Home Together is another UE5 game that runs fine and doesn't have this issue.
Yep. 100%. I've same issues. Less VRAM but more powerful GPU (thanks nvidia). More detailed take on my post above.

Peter44328

Oct 29, 2022
does anyone know how to toggle arousel in the sandbox mode?
for example i want a random djablo to get a boner on a buttonpress.

thx in advance

Petern

Jun 8, 2017
I hope there will be a sleep option in story mode (or is there one already?) to skip the night because it's hard to progress in pitch-black and also annoying not to see the animations.

l_i_m_e

Apr 7, 2019
You still have an newer GPU than I, but I still have the more ram as I believe the 4080 is only 16gb? If I recall correctly. The 4090s are still a bit pricey for me at this time. I do professional 3d art and animation from home, work remotely, so my PC and WC are the same thing. It's quite fun to play games on it. Keeps me quite warm in winter too lol.
I had a feeling it was for that. Yeah the 4080 has 16. I mainly use my pc for video editing as work but a 1000+ modded skyrim was what made me lean for gaming lol. I thought about getting a 4090 for vr but at this point I don't think vr has anything to justify the purchase. But man your ram and cpu made my jaw drop

Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
While true to extend. It's clear game has awful coding and optimization issues with some kind of rendering bug. Game simply reverts to minimum texture quality and minimum LODs for no reason even if you have 1 gb free VRAM. It's somehow related to the lighting and (functionality) objects you can spawn. This has nothing to do with UE5, it's everything to do WL being pre-alpha and badly optimized with major bugs in the system. Which is fine enough, this is something that we can tolerate, for now. But we shouldn't just blame people for having bad PCs. Like sure if you have <2070 GPU or worse and less than 8gb vram thats bad but when even with 8gb vram the game reverts to minimum textures even when vram isn't fully spent that is absolutely WL issue, not UE5 issue. You can basically halve your FPS just simply by placing less than handful of volumetric light sources.

And my take on the recommended specs is if RTX 3070 is recommended let me laugh. That's absurd levels of system requirements for something that has cute well done models but there is 0 revolutionary grahical feature present, those are basically recommended settings of Phantom Liberty. For now it is fine but game needs serious optimization for the release. I wonder if they intent to support FSR eventually, getting DLSS support might be trickier for this type of the game.
Yes, you're right, I didn't mention that in my original post unfortunately, but rather in a reply. That the game has not received optimization yet, like at all. This was stated somewhere by a developer, I don't remember where. My sidenote to UE5 was correct, I wasn't necessarily saying the game is innocent, but rather raising awareness to UE5 being increasingly difficult to run as of recently. As many people are after a long time, being forced into upgrades to run their new favorite games. UE5 has new features that are currently difficult to run on older hardware, regardless of if it's powerful old hardware or not. I was only trying to say that UE5 will have access to incredible optimizations within time, that Wildlife can utilize for the new features like Global Illumination, which is already currently implemented in Wildlife. If my post sounded like I was blaming lower end PCs or UE5 rather than the game for performance then I'm sorry, I definitely should have added more context.
Edit: Yeah, I looked back at my original post, I failed to provide proper context and it made it sound like I was white knighting the game. Wasn't my intention sorry lmao.
Hopefully we'll see some great optimizations come in all directions for the game, so that more users can enjoy the game!!

Zeromorals

Mar 3, 2023
New are up. $25 build is about to be released soon. Changelog updated as well.

is out! rf96

Last edited:
Reactions: gustavo2006
3.80 star(s) 176 Votes