BreakerHollow

Mar 6, 2020
This is the most interactive sex game I have ever seen and disrespecting it is a whole new level of dumb. It's not about being a white knight to the devs EVER! You can switch POVS, Clothes, Scenes, Speed, Variations of said scenes, Spawn in characters, Fly? Like??? What is there to complain about? Yes it could use some work and has a lot of progress that can be made to it, but you're supposed to appreciate it for the master piece it is today, because not many games are this high quality and wait for perfection to arrive in the future

Reactions: Trorg

DDoS_V4

Jul 16, 2017
This is the most interactive sex game I have ever seen and disrespecting it is a whole new level of dumb. It's not about being a white knight to the devs EVER! You can switch POVS, Clothes, Scenes, Speed, Variations of said scenes, Spawn in characters, Fly? Like??? What is there to complain about? Yes it could use some work and has a lot of progress that can be made to it, but you're supposed to appreciate it for the master piece it is today, because not many games are this high quality and wait for perfection to arrive in the future
Its not interactive TBH.. Try XstoryPlayer 3.5 you'll see what real interactivity looks like..(you can even remove characters cloths just like in real world)
Wildlife is just a animation player with some cosmetics for customization.

Reactions: candy76041820

BreakerHollow

Mar 6, 2020
Its not interactive TBH.. Try XstoryPlayer 3.5 you'll see what real interactivity looks like..(you can even remove characters cloths just like in real world)
The animation quality just ruined it for me.... you can think what you want and i'll do the same

27X

Oct 30, 2019
Kind of hard to try a game that no longer exists and hasn't for three years.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
in my humble opinion it still isn't to late for them to admit they aimed to high with their ambitions and just scrap all the Story/Quest stuff and just go all in on the Sex animations
But why would they do that? From the beginning this game was supposed to be more than just the sex scenes. And I'm willing to bet they're working on things like quests and story while they're pumping out builds with sex scenes. There's been a large increase in their dev team, but not a proportional increase in the amount or quality of sex scenes as far as I can tell. And that should mean that a part of the team is working on stuff we cannot see (yet).

Another "why hasn't a small team of non-professional devs with limited funds implemented an entire complex story with several hours worth of content including crafting, building, and fighting mechanics along with dialogue and dozens of sex animations in less than a few years?" argument. Which has been done to death already in this thread.
That's not at all what he said and I don't know where you're getting that from.

They are progressing at a pretty reasonable rate. Especially when you consider everything that's being done "behind the scenes".
Could you give some examples of what they've done behind the scenes? Do you mean the stuff that is implemented and published but not visible, or the things that are not yet implemented and published but they're working on?

not even the basic ground work has been laid for the Story/Quest or even game mechanics and all other stuff you mentioned.
I'd like to hear your definition of a basic groundwork. For a long time now a quest system has been in the game, and it's been longer still that they've been working on it. The story stuff is scarce, but from the beginning we've had some lore bits that you could read.

but atleast those game companies start advertising whats in the game IF they have something to show for it.
Not really comparable. The advertisements of mainstream triple A games are meant for the end users, the players. And the marketing we get from Patreon is more comparable to the marketing triple A devs would also do with their investors, bosses, etc. Patreon is not where you go to buy a finished product. You support the developer. And a developer will have to convince potential supporters that they're worth supporting. And more often than not that means promises.

So if you, or anyone else, thinks that the quests and all that other stuff are just a waste of time, then what are you doing here?
The answer to that should be obvious. The majority of the builds thus far from the very beginning has been the sex scenes. So it's only logical that this game would then attract the crowd that's mainly interested in those sex scenes.

marmaduke

Dec 23, 2017
Not really comparable. The advertisements of mainstream triple A games are meant for the end users, the players. And the marketing we get from Patreon is more comparable to the marketing triple A devs would also do with their investors, bosses, etc. Patreon is not where you go to buy a finished product. You support the developer. And a developer will have to convince potential supporters that they're worth supporting. And more often than not that means promises.
THIS, this and again: THIS!
This pretty much kicks just about every argument of "weee why is my game not finished, why are they promising stuff that I cant see right now?" into the dumpster where it belongs.

Reactions: I <3 DeepThroat

FlyingDrums

Apr 25, 2020
156_163_146_167

"That's not at all what he said and I don't know where you're getting that from."

That's exactly what he was saying. The bulk of his complaints is from not understanding why a game of this scale isn't completed, or at least mostly completed.

"Could you give some examples of what they've done behind the scenes"
Everything that has to do with main game features. Including the story, dialogue, adding a basic crafting and building system, and fleshing out the fighting mechanics. As far as I know, they have at least two teams working on different things. One team does the main features such as the story and etc, the other works on animations and bug fixes and stuff like that. Most updates we see are the smaller things when the one team finishes new animations or fixes something. We just don't see what the other team was working on because it's not ready to be put into the game yet.

"The majority of the builds thus far from the very beginning has been the sex scenes"
Yes, I understand that, but doing some quick research on the game before you even download it will show that its goal is far beyond just walking around hand having sex with any living thing you find. It just seems silly to me to complain that a game has, or will have, features that you don't like. When I see a game that piques my interest, I make sure I understand what it's all about and what its goals are for the future before I click the download button.

FlyingDrums

Apr 25, 2020
All this white knighting going on made me think i was in a yandere simulator thread
So apparently, any criticism about any game ever made is 100% valid every time, and any attempts to dispute said criticism can only considered mindless white-knighting.

Good to know.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
That's exactly what he was saying.
Our understanding of the word "exactly" differ greatly.
As far as I know, they have at least two teams working on different things.
I am under that impression as well, but now that I think about it I don't know whether that's actually confirmed by the devs themselves. As far as I know it could be a rumor started in this thread.
but doing some quick research on the game before you even download it will show that its goal is far beyond just walking around hand having sex with any living thing you find.
Doing research before you download the game? Are you kidding me? How many people on this forum do you think will do that? And even still, that doesn't change what the current content of the game primarily consists of.
When I see a game that piques my interest, I make sure I understand what it's all about and what its goals are for the future before I click the download button.
When I see a game that piques my interest, I download it first of all to try it out for myself. No better way to get an impression of the quality and content in my opinion.

Reactions: DDoS_V4

FlyingDrums

Apr 25, 2020
156_163_146_167

"Our understanding of the word "exactly" differ greatly."

If you say so. I'm not really sure what you thought he was saying, but it definitely seemed like he was complaining about it not being finished fast enough. Such as this quote right here: "the game has been in development since late 2016. and while it improved massivly animation wise it hasn't advanced anything substantially in the other area,s the developers said they would focus on like story,mechanics and actual gameplay. and the things they did add on those points just feel like they flex taped it on the last moment to make it not too obvious that at this point, besides a beatifull animation viewer. the game is going nowhere, or atleast not in the direction they advertise it will go." I interpret that as: "The game only has nice animations, but that all stopped once they began focusing on things that, in my personal opinion, are unimportant, even though the devs made it clear from the beginning that the entire point of this game are those exact features."

"I am under that impression as well, but now that I think about it I don't know whether that's actually confirmed by the devs themselves"
It has been brought up in the Discord a few times that I've seen. Steve never commented on it himself, but some of the other team members have.

"How many people on this forum do you think will do that"
Obviously not many, but that's their problem. How on Earth do you think it's appropriate to download a game you know next to nothing about, then when you find out it wasn't what you expected, proceed to complain that it wasn't what you expected? Especially when there is plenty of information out there telling you exactly what you can expect from it.

"When I see a game that piques my interest, I download it first of all to try it out for myself"
And that's just fine. But if it turns out that it wasn't what you expected despite there being information telling you what you should expect, then you can't complain that it wasn't what you expected.

I get that it's frustrating to see a game that's been in development for some time appear to be going nowhere. And there are some games that just milk their supporters for money by making empty promises without doing anything. But I don't believe that's the case here. Steve regularly posts development updates on his Patreon and shows off what he's doing on the Discord. He even regularly streams when he's working on the game features. He's literally proving that the stuff they promise are being worked on. They just take time. Lots of time. I just don't think it's fair when people more or less accuse the devs of raking in money while doing nothing significant to the game, because that is not what's happening here. So yes, I try to defend them. And if that makes me a "white knight" as some people suggest, then so be it.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I interpret that as: "The game only has nice animations, but that all stopped once they began focusing on things that, in my personal opinion, are unimportant, even though the devs made it clear from the beginning that the entire point of this game are those exact features."
I think you got the wrong idea. He was saying that the animations are good, but the game lacks the other things that have been promised for a long time now. But maybe WeaponizedAutism can clarify?
How on Earth do you think it's appropriate to download a game you know next to nothing about, then when you find out it wasn't what you expected, proceed to complain that it wasn't what you expected?
But if it turns out that it wasn't what you expected despite there being information telling you what you should expect, then you can't complain that it wasn't what you expected.
That's not what's going on, though. It's the opposite. People know of the promises they've made in the past and noticed that the game is lacking in those areas.
I just don't think it's fair when people more or less accuse the devs of raking in money while doing nothing significant to the game, because that is not what's happening here.
Okay, so you do have the right idea. Look, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Yes, implementing those things takes time and effort. More so than adding new animations which already have the required systems in place. But it took them years to come out with a build that had anything resembling a quest. And when they did, it was heavily criticized because of how broken and lackluster it was. I believe they've since decided to not publish that work as often. And while I understand that they would do that in order to minimize people complaining about WIP stuff, it also brings with it the impression that it's not being worked on as actively.

Bottom line is, people will always find a reason to complain and you can never win.

marmaduke

Dec 23, 2017
I mean, white knighting or not, we can all agree that too many so called "criticisms" people write on this place are impulsive reactionary tantrums by those who really dont know anything about the game. Now if that lack of knowledge is because they didnt do any reasonable research before spilling their comments in here or because the dev simply hasnt provided needed information yet doesnt matter. People post uninformed BS here all the time and its annoying and I and several other people make efforts to shed some light into the matters or at least try to reason with people and get them to not be so irrational.
Nothing bad about that.

The dev of the game frequents this place too so its almost rude to put these passive aggressive comments in here while you could legit just formulate a polite and to-the-point question aimed directly at the dev. Who knows, best case they actually answer. But no, its easier to just write "this """game""" sucks its just animation viewier, dev wont ever finish" and expect him to make a statement from below. Dont you think it would be better to meet them with feedback that is eye-to-eye?
Honestly if the dev is actually willing to do that in here Id be quite positively surprised and would respect and appreciate that, but I cant expect it from them given the rather hostile nature of many individuals in here.

FlyingDrums

Apr 25, 2020
156_163_146_167

"I think you got the wrong idea"

Perhaps. I honestly have a difficult time interpreting some of what they've been saying. So it's possible I've been reading them the wrong way.

"People know of the promises they've made in the past and noticed that the game is lacking in those areas"
I know, but what I've been trying to say is that some people jump to the conclusion that because they haven't seen them yet, they aren't going to see it at all. And, for the reasons I mentioned earlier, I can can understand that to a point, as other games were/are like that. But I know in Wild Life's case, there seems to be plenty of evidence that those things are being worked on. Sometimes you just have to dig around for it.

"More so than adding new animations which already have the required systems in place"
I definitely agree with you there. I know they keep adding new animations and characters due to pressure from many of their supporters, so they do that to appease them. But I really think it would be in their best interest to focus solely on pushing out the main story and all of the survival mechanics at this point. As well as major bug fixes. There are a lot of people like me who are more interested in the story and the survival aspects along with the sex scenes, rather than just the sex scenes on their own. So I'm hoping they get those parts out soon. I know they are working on it so I'm staying patient.

"Bottom line is, people will always find a reason to complain and you can never win"
Yep, that's the sad truth. No matter what devs decide to do, someone is going to be upset. All I ask is that they eventually release what they promise. But if not, I've only given them $10 to try out one of the more recent versions of the game, so it isn't much of a loss for me. Just a big disappointment lol. But I have never been given the impression that the devs are going to drop this anytime soon, so I'm staying hopeful.

Levy88

Jul 25, 2017
That's not what's going on, though. It's the opposite. People know of the promises they've made in the past and noticed that the game is lacking in those areas.
Isn't that the whole point of the very visible roadmap on the main patreon page? From what I can tell we haven't hit those stages in the roadmap, so why are we expecting additional game features before they're ready? So far on the roadmap it looks like everything has been in line with their estimated months so far.

Where exactly is the area where they've been actively promising things over the years (and I mean actually saying the word "promise") and never delivering? Because unless the word "promise" is used in the things they're talking about, is it really a promise if the word in question is missing?

I'm actually curious because I thought I've been checking out all their usual update spots but apparently I missed somewhere.

Genuinely asking for some links so I can get educated on what I missed since a few people seem to be more informed on the subject at hand.

No rush though, but it would be greatly appreciated.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Isn't that the whole point of the very visible roadmap on the main patreon page? From what I can tell we haven't hit those stages in the roadmap, so why are we expecting additional game features before they're ready?
The presence of a roadmap will not deter people from complaining about the speed they implement things.
Where exactly is the area where they've been actively promising things over the years (and I mean actually saying the word "promise") and never delivering?
Yeah, I don't think they've outright promised anything. It would be foolish to explicitly promise something that they're not sure they can deliver. Especially when it was just Steve (and maybe one or two more?) in the beginning. It's more about the implicit promise in the form of marketing, Patreon posts, roadmaps, and things like that.

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes