Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Im not sure if they gonna tackle that adventure in this current development phase a non linear animation independent system would need some redesigns you do and buildup better right from the start.
And Steves entire starting point was based on his Maya Animation Pipeline it would be a bit of harakiri to compromise this all now in the middle of development.
A bigger improvement would be further working on context adaptive animations based on the Enviroment this is something Epic made advancements in by now and could help out Wild-Life big time :)

Last edited:

FoxxyRenamon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting this weird issues that I'm unfamiliar with. I'm trying to unpack the file and keep getting this "Cyclic Redundancy Check" error. Any clue whats up?

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Most Probably a bad download, your Hard Drive (SSD) could be wearing out or your cpu/memory subsystem might be unstable.

Last edited:

FoxxyRenamon

Oct 25, 2017
Any way I can check to see if the HDD is wearing down? It's relatively new, only a couple years old. And the only downloads I've used are the ones here, it's happened thrice now, once from the Torrent and the Mega and NOPY downloads.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Test both

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
try

chkdsk /r /f X:

where X is the problematic drive

and check the status again, anything else reported and who is the Drive Manufacture ?

Will she find it ?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Time for Magic

Last edited:

FoxxyRenamon

Oct 25, 2017
Wew, looks like it's the HDD, not the file. 100 Reallocated Sector Count. Thanks for the software, glad I could catch this before something bad happened!

The HDD is a Seagate ST2000DM001-1ER164. There's 3 errors showing here, "Reallocation Sector Count: Value 100 Worst 100, Current Pending Errors Count: 95, and Uncorrectable Errors Count: 95"

One moment while I restart for the checkdisk

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Is it also showing a critical condition ?

qapao

Jun 24, 2020
what are the difference between censor options as people mentioned earlier? low medium etc what changes?

more precisely - what is censored in the game?

he_found_you

Jun 11, 2017
The HDD is a Seagate ST2000DM001-1ER164. There's 3 errors showing here, "Reallocation Sector Count: Value 100 Worst 100, Current Pending Errors Count: 95, and Uncorrectable Errors Count: 95"

One moment while I restart for the checkdisk
Your Seagate is completely trashed. Once it shows Cyclic Redundancy Error, its time is up. There is nothing to save this harddrive, go buy new/used one, as fast as possible. Do backup NOW. On the next restart you may not see the hard drive anymore, it will not be visible to BIOS/OS very shortly after these errors. You have very limited time to backup your data before it goes away. Been there, several times (admittedly with a 40GB and a 80GB Seagate very long ago, but its the same).
Get yourself a Samsung NVMe SSD (960/970 Evo/980) or a Samsung SATA (860,etc). I have them for years no issues whatsoever even if writing over 80TB (terabytes) on my old 850Evo SATA.
To me Seagate is bad.

Reactions: Ikarus45 and nm79

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Your Seagate is completely trashed. Once it shows Cyclic Redundancy Error, its time is up. There is nothing to save this harddrive, go buy new/used one, as fast as possible. Do backup NOW. On the next restart you may not see the hard drive anymore, it will not be visible to BIOS/OS very shortly after these errors. You have very limited time to backup your data before it goes away. Been there, several times (admittedly with a 40GB and a 80GB Seagate very long ago, but its the same).
Get yourself a Samsung NVMe SSD (960/970 Evo/980) or a Samsung SATA (860,etc). I have them for years no issues whatsoever even if writing over 80TB (terabytes) on my old 850Evo SATA.
To me Seagate is bad.
As soon as you hear it clicking you should be definitely scared to hell it will fail but a CRC error is really a situation you should think about replacing it indeed your time is definitely running out.

PS: Funnily Results bellow come from the 860 Evo ;)

I test with that and USB3 latency

Good morning Wild-Life

So amazing to see Epics Streaming approach has so much improved by now :)

I still have doubt's they are efficient as Rockstars RAGE approach Yet especially on the Vulkan layer path that is a total mess in Unreals Main Branch and in a still disastrous stage even vs Nvidia DX11.

I also doubt it beats luminous yet and it was a good decision to keep it alive by Square Enix, would have been a major management mistake if they would have killed it.

Guuii

He found it first :D

Looks like a Award :D

Once you start stabilizing the lods it becomes so crazy more beautiful :)

Trying to adapt the Lod can have some interesting effects :D

Spitting out his last meal ;)

Girls/Boys don't watch to closely

Lets better Fuck each other another way Anita is going to hate me

Interesting Logic glitch :)

Hmm repeating pattern every 30 seconds

Specular stable

Specular seam deviation (after swimming)

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Call me crazy but i think i really think Steven goes after his own interpretation of Avatar with this :)

Which i think is to be honest a strange Time with a technical so Advanced Game that will come out by Massive Entertainment now on Snowdrop

But ok when they started and laid out the idea for what would follow it this was totally unclear at that time, when i saw AOI the first time on that Spaceship, i knew immediately these guys are going to do something very interesting next, but i didn't expect it to get this huge in scope.
Though it also took Unreal Main Branch some time to become this stable for this kind of Vision to be rather stable realizable without having a huger Engine Team at your side at all.

Of course Avatar wont let you have this intimate detailed sexual relations and mostly a different target group but their will be some comparisons going on unavoidably and i think Steven can be very proud of that no matter the scope or state reached by then. :)

Last edited:

qqqqq1234

Nov 24, 2020
Anyone else have this problem where in VR the world scale is like 25% too big? The human women are like 8ft tall.

I downloaded some super old builds and the VR scale is normal. It's also normal in the christmas VR demo. At some point, this fucked up, and I'd like to know at what point that was.

Reactions: Hoopsneedle

golgoth

Jul 20, 2019
Anyone else have this problem where in VR the world scale is like 25% too big? The human women are like 8ft tall.

I downloaded some super old builds and the VR scale is normal. It's also normal in the christmas VR demo. At some point, this fucked up, and I'd like to know at what point that was.
How did you manage to play in VR ? i was only able to, in the Christmas demo with a quest2 (Downloading the last release atm)

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes