lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
Just an FYI as you all seem to think this is easy cut and paste.
First the 3d modelling. It takes time . MASSIVE amounts of time.
Second: Unreal engine has the most unfriendly interface ive ever seen You need to spend days or weeks just to learn how to do things that are simple in any other software there is. And once you do that you have to learn the weird ways they want you to do everything. And you usually have to read or watch videos of the secrets of how to do X.. when x would require a line of code or a couple clicks in anything else.
Third: he's doing this in HDR. Near realistic characters. UE designers/programmers use computers that cost 10-50k just to design their promo videos. And they will barely handle what it's capable of.

This isnt a cut and paste renpy scripted game. Now im not saying you should support it financially until he shows you it's something you want to play and that he'll continue to work on it. But dont attack people who create for you for not handholding you through what they want to give you.

Excablecar

Dec 7, 2018
Just an FYI as you all seem to think this is easy cut and paste.
First the 3d modelling. It takes time . MASSIVE amounts of time.
Second: Unreal engine has the most unfriendly interface ive ever seen You need to spend days or weeks just to learn how to do things that are simple in any other software there is. And once you do that you have to learn the weird ways they want you to do everything. And you usually have to read or watch videos of the secrets of how to do X.. when x would require a line of code or a couple clicks in anything else.
Third: he's doing this in HDR. Near realistic characters. UE designers/programmers use computers that cost 10-50k just to design their promo videos. And they will barely handle what it's capable of.

This isnt a cut and paste renpy scripted game. Now im not saying you should support it financially until he shows you it's something you want to play and that he'll continue to work on it. But dont attack people who create for you for not handholding you through what they want to give you.
Not to mention they have different animation sets for the different males. Many of these games are lucky to have as many animations as one male in WIld Life so far.

spartan1776

Nov 30, 2018
That wasn't the best advice, you should have explored your system and it's capabilities before retrying a download.
Having no sound in an unreal game can be a number of things. If I had to take a guess, I would assume it's your directx support, sound driver, or even your system being under the minimum requirements to run UE4.

First thing you could try is plugging in headphones. If you have a monitor that runs on an HDMI cable, check to make sure the volume on the screen is turned up. Should be self explanatory, try simple things first. Even restart your PC :b

If none of that worked, update your audio and graphic drivers.

Last thing is you should share with us your specs. You can find this by right clicking the windows logo in the corner, and clicking "system" in the menu.
You can then hold the windows logo on your keyboard and press R, which you will then type "dxdiag" in the prompt. This will print out your version of directx which you can also include. If you are running DX8 or below, I'm willing to bet that's your problem.
Should look like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Try updating directx as well, to the latest version your system will support.
You can also try updating Visual C++ Redistributable, (vcredist) just google it.
Here are my specs:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Here are my specs: . . .
Did you run any updates and try playing with your sound options yet?
I hate to be the one to say it just Windows 10.. But it's a possibility. I've seen W10 issues appearing in threads enough by now. Otherwise, I believe that EU4 supports your OS, but the game, or your system, is creating audio issues.
If the game works 100% in visual and control then you should focus on audio related solutions. You can right click the sound icon in the bottom right and open playback devices. Make sure it's set to the device outputting sound.
If all else I would take it to google and lurk around on some threads.

spartan1776

Nov 30, 2018
Did you run any updates and try playing with your sound options yet?
I hate to be the one to say it just Windows 10.. But it's a possibility. I've seen W10 issues appearing in threads enough by now. Otherwise, I believe that EU4 supports your OS, but the game, or your system, is creating audio issues.
If the game works 100% in visual and control then you should focus on audio related solutions. You can right click the sound icon in the bottom right and open playback devices. Make sure it's set to the device outputting sound.
If all else I would take it to google and lurk around on some threads.
Yeah I've tried updating audio drivers, playing around with every sound setting I could find... I contacted Microsoft and the game developer too and no one knows whats going on... lol I might just hafta wait until they release the full game...

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Yeah I've tried updating audio drivers, playing around with every sound setting I could find... I contacted Microsoft and the game developer too and no one knows whats going on... lol I might just hafta wait until they release the full game...
Are you running an external monitor on a laptop by chance? Ive had weird problems while using an hmdi, try switching to a vga / rgb or a dvi cable, whatever else your computer supports if you have a cable.

spartan1776

Nov 30, 2018
Are you running an external monitor on a laptop by chance? Ive had weird problems while using an hmdi, try switching to a vga / rgb or a dvi cable, whatever else your computer supports if you have a cable.
I do, but I tried just on the laptop too, and it does the same thing with and without the hdmi hooked up.

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I do, but I tried just on the laptop too, and it does the same thing with and without the hdmi hooked up.
Shite, I'm out of ideas for ya.
All you can really do is narrow down the problem. Try other unreal games, if the sound works in those, then you should contact Steve and explain the issue. At that point I'd be willing to be it's a compatibility issue between the game and your OS and components.

hmg

Aug 20, 2017
Forgive me if this has been asked, but is there a way to stop the cum on the girls bodies disappearing after sex? I want them to walk around covered in cum...

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
What's the difference between the original one and the Christmas Build 0.0?
I'm pretty sure the x-mas build is for VR, and was a gift to the patrons in december 2017. I think it's similar to the september 17 build, but it added a new character.
New build is probably better anyway, so just stick with that.

3.80 star(s) 172 Votes