Provo26

Mar 6, 2020
By using this import mechanism, is it possible to import hairs? I genuinely wanna see the update comes with more long hairs like hair 0 and hair 22

knot4chan

Aug 18, 2020
as a test for learning,
i am trying to inset two .OBJ files using 'user mesh' newest import tool in sandbox showroom
both files are already unzipped at

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\WildLifeC\Saved\SandboxSaveGames\CustomAssets

male

View attachment 2104797

and a wolf

View attachment 2104798

the zipped .OBJ files are also attached here

how can we put them inside sandbox land ?
need help on how to do it!
Having the option of characters like that wolf involved in the fun would be amazing!

Olegowsom

Sep 12, 2017
This is gonna be a longish post so if you just want the map scroll down to download it.
I made an interactive map with a questline you could say and a couple of scenes (it was made in the previous version so no new stuff I did update the models tho). The system right now is buggy, but the game is in alpha so im not gonna say anything about that. What I would like to see implemented is a couple of things:
1 - some kind of UI or something that you could use to write subtitles when you speak to an npc or to make a quest checklist
2 - wobbly cam when playing (right now its only avaible when building and making it manually is a pain)
3 - I've seen other people asking for this and I too feel like its a necessity and thats hiding of the head of the characters in a sex scene so you could see it in first person
4 - Disabling the characters movement/hiding the character completely when possesing a camera so he is not visible (there is a way of hiding your character right now by teleporting him to room but its tedious and bugs out sometimes)
5 - In sandbox save games and custom props menus you should be able to create folders to put your and others props/maps into folders so its easier to sort out because it gets crowded when you have your own + other peoples creations
That is pretty much it everything else you can kinda create except that the system is still buggy, and the more I expanded the system I found new bugs on stuff that was done right (but hey its alpha and it's how it goes)
Anyways heres the map and some screenshots
NOTE: hold pose doesen't work because it got way too buggy when I implemented it (scene won't auto play now sadly ) and I didn't make parallel scenes in 1st person this time so buttons 1 and 4 don't work most of the time View attachment 2104985 View attachment 2104986 View attachment 2104987 View attachment 2104988 View attachment 2104989 View attachment 2104990 View attachment 2104991 View attachment 2104992
How exactly do you save before a scene with choices?

JRGrass1414

Nov 27, 2020
This proves that WL is now a good replacer of Minecraft lmao
Is it really?
Just tested the object amount limits in the showroom, placed some cubes in groups to see what will happen. Up to 1k objects everything went fine, all the lags and glitches started after. Beyond 10k objects it was taking 3-4 mins to duplicate groups, and around 60-70k some objects started randomly disappearing out of view. Having 111'111 objects in total almost killed my game.
How many objects can you have in Minecraft without noticeable UI issues?

troufas

Nov 13, 2018
This is gonna be a longish post so if you just want the map scroll down to download it.
I made an interactive map with a questline you could say and a couple of scenes (it was made in the previous version so no new stuff I did update the models tho). The system right now is buggy, but the game is in alpha so im not gonna say anything about that. What I would like to see implemented is a couple of things:
1 - some kind of UI or something that you could use to write subtitles when you speak to an npc or to make a quest checklist
2 - wobbly cam when playing (right now its only avaible when building and making it manually is a pain)
3 - I've seen other people asking for this and I too feel like its a necessity and thats hiding of the head of the characters in a sex scene so you could see it in first person
4 - Disabling the characters movement/hiding the character completely when possesing a camera so he is not visible (there is a way of hiding your character right now by teleporting him to room but its tedious and bugs out sometimes)
5 - In sandbox save games and custom props menus you should be able to create folders to put your and others props/maps into folders so its easier to sort out because it gets crowded when you have your own + other peoples creations
That is pretty much it everything else you can kinda create except that the system is still buggy, and the more I expanded the system I found new bugs on stuff that was done right (but hey its alpha and it's how it goes)
Anyways heres the map and some screenshots
NOTE: hold pose doesen't work because it got way too buggy when I implemented it (scene won't auto play now sadly ) and I didn't make parallel scenes in 1st person this time so buttons 1 and 4 don't work most of the time View attachment 2104985 View attachment 2104986 View attachment 2104987 View attachment 2104988 View attachment 2104989 View attachment 2104990 View attachment 2104991 View attachment 2104992

Amazing work first of all. Is there a way to talk to the shaman after arriving at the elf village or is that not implemented yet?

iiibax

Nov 25, 2021
Here's a preview of an HMV video I'm working on (gunna rework a few shots in final version)
Made some custom clothing that I'm pretty proud of, let me know what you think

this is awesome, bro
it's so rare to see someone actually working with lights and camera aperture
I'm working on something similar in terms of picture

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
Is it really?
Just tested the object amount limits in the showroom, placed some cubes in groups to see what will happen. Up to 1k objects everything went fine, all the lags and glitches started after. Beyond 10k objects it was taking 3-4 mins to duplicate groups, and around 60-70k some objects started randomly disappearing out of view. Having 111'111 objects in total almost killed my game.
How many objects can you have in Minecraft without noticeable UI issues?
You're forgetting the fact that Minecraft's ultra blocky/low poly style makes it overall much more better at handling thousands of those objects at the same time, while having an artstyle visual heavy costing on the same proportion. The problem with that is that certain things like scenarios made in MC look ultra lame in comparison to anything you can build in a game Unreal made with the realistic artstyle this game has. Trust on me on this. In Minecraft even if you use a mod like Armourers Workshop that allows you to create custom assets out of blocks you realise soon enough that the artstyle itself makes you end up paying for that performance in having a terrible blocky look on everything.

Also another thing to mention is that Unreal by itself is a more high-end leaning engine that in many cases on their games is not properly optimised like Wild Life is. And I can tell you that this game is not optimised because my PC struggles much more to run WL in the blank showroom just previewing a few animations with barely a couple of characters on, while running a game such as Darksiders 3 that is made also in Unreal Engine 4 is not as rough for it and that has a lot of elements happening at once.

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
Still even if it's by far not the most performance friendly option for sandboxing, after years playing the boring boxy Minecraft worlds where honestly the coolest looking bases and scenarios like a Cyberpunk city in the end looks kinda meh, the few creations Ive seen of people toying around with the sanbox of WL had made my jaw drop ALL the times, while in MC today even a map like Elysium Fire's Cyberpunk city, with ray tracing enabled still feels.... Not that impressive? And that's why I said that WL is a potential replacer of MC. Tho maybe ideally an "actual" overall replacer of MC could be a game such as Conan Exiles or similar ones but I somehow get the feel that at some point, WL would be able to deliver what both games can bring without the compromises those games have. Cause being honest? The stuff Ive seen done in here with such low amount of time the Sandbox 2.0 mode has been available feels much more impressive than things that Ive seen people doing in other sandboxy games. With much more performance friendlyness and time available than this one has.

blapanda

Jul 28, 2017
You're forgetting the fact that Minecraft's ultra blocky/low poly style makes it overall much more better at handling thousands of those objects at the same time, while having an artstyle visual heavy costing on the same proportion. The problem with that is that certain things like scenarios made in MC look ultra lame in comparison to anything you can build in a game Unreal made with the realistic artstyle this game has. Trust on me on this. In Minecraft even if you use a mod like Armourers Workshop that allows you to create custom assets out of blocks you realise soon enough that the artstyle itself makes you end up paying for that performance in having a terrible blocky look on everything.

Also another thing to mention is that Unreal by itself is a more high-end leaning engine that in many cases on their games is not properly optimised like Wild Life is. And I can tell you that this game is not optimised because my PC struggles much more to run WL in the blank showroom just previewing a few animations with barely a couple of characters on, while running a game such as Darksiders 3 that is made also in Unreal Engine 4 is not as rough for it and that has a lot of elements happening at once.
Raytracing minecrafts will make you change your mind. Minecraft is not rendering a single block as a copied polymesh logic. It calculates it as is. If you have 1000 blocks, even within the same entity (grass ID), it will render them each individually. Now imagine lots of chunks and grids with this stupid logic. Yes. It costs more than an optimized commercial engine, which will cost half of the resources you can get, while running minecraft almost equally on visuals (raytraced or "super hardcore realistic" shaders stuff) will cost you even more performance.

sainav

May 13, 2021
I think this works? (first time attaching a file)

How to use:
parent the Necklace to a NeckMid of a model
parent the left_bra and right_bra to left/right nipples of a model,
rope collision is off by default, I suggest turning them on, play around with the rope length, gravity, and stiffness to find the right fit
its not attaching to the character what should i do

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
Raytracing minecrafts will make you change your mind. Minecraft is not rendering a single block as a copied polymesh logic. It calculates it as is. If you have 1000 blocks, even within the same entity (grass ID), it will render them each individually. Now imagine lots of chunks and grids with this stupid logic. Yes. It costs more than an optimized commercial engine, which will cost half of the resources you can get, while running minecraft almost equally on visuals (raytraced or "super hardcore realistic" shaders stuff) will cost you even more performance.
Ive seen Raytracing Minecraft and also played a lot Minecraft with shaders and my point stands. Even if you manage to make things look overall better there's still the base problem of the "boxyness" of everything. And Ill give you an example that made me begin realise that.

If you pick a mod like Armorers Workshop that brings a massive grid that allows you to put blocks and make a gigantic version of an armor or body piece, then you save it and load the template it gives you to the wardrobe slots and get a miniature, human sized version of that. For example. You try to make a chestpiece that is essentially a pair of boobs. It doesnt matter how well you try to make it look, it would always look "boxy" or like if you're making the 3D model of a character and instead of having 1k polygons you reduce it to a barely 100. It looks A LOT different, for the worse. And the issue is that because of the very nature of MC you cant rely on tools that make the polygons corners to be "softened" by using things like antialiasing which pretty much all 3D games use for blurring those edges for this very reason, to make them look more natural. Also most 3D games are not bound by the grid of 3D movement that MC has. And this, funny enough, even applies to the very thing that MC is all about, building. Here's why.

Imagine that you want to make a house that instead of looking on its foundation like a square, you want it to have a pentagon shape. You can only get 1 wall properly flat looking but yes or yes the other 4 walls would look like a sawblade, since its pretty much impossible, at least in vanilla to do something as simple as putting a smooth flat looking wall in an angle that is not either aligned to the X or Z coordinates. And for what Ive seen this is something that other sandbox games like Conan Exiles dont seem to have as a yes or yes requirement. At least not that I know.

Sure, Shaders and/or Raytracing as well as Resource Packs and mods might make it look better, but again you still have the style/engine base limitation of the "blockyness" of it. And just so you can see what I mean. There's an alternative that I think is kinda better on this aspect that is Lego Worlds. Yet a bunch of those similar issues still stand on that game. It might look "less blocky" than MC, but it still looks odd sometimes. And thats cause Lego Worlds assets tools is overall waaaaaaaaaay less blocky shaped in general than MCs.

moreamnos

Jun 24, 2021
How exactly do you save before a scene with choices?
Amazing work first of all. Is there a way to talk to the shaman after arriving at the elf village or is that not implemented yet?
For the first question you can save before you talk to someone and then reload without exiting to the menu but sometimes the choice teleports you somwhere so I can see how it can be problematic.
And for the second one I didn't implement anything more because there are some bugs with the system, the camera started unpossessing, sometimes teleports didn't work etc. If everything worked it would have probably been longer then the demo but it is what it is. Right now im just waiting for the unreal engine 5 transfer and im gonna build stuff in blender or something so I can import it. Hopefully its gonna be bigger and better in the future, this was just a test to see what/how things can be built. I didn't use any custom sounds for the map so I don't know if there are any bugs with that and as it is right now I think making characters walk or placing lights just isn't worth because it lags too much.

Reactions: troufas

FeltTheNeed

Nov 22, 2021
Everyone - I've created a list for meshes will add more when people share them over time. :KappaPride:
Also here is a short how-to guide for importing your own meshes - (Thanks to hypermodule on Wild Life Discord!)

Slayer128

Jun 30, 2017
Everyone - I've created a list for meshes will add more when people share them over time. :KappaPride:
Also here is a short how-to guide for importing your own meshes - (Thanks to hypermodule on Wild Life Discord!)
For the GTA map how do you get every object to follow the textures in the folder? Do you have to change each one by one or is there a way to do it in one go?

djr7

Mar 20, 2018
its not attaching to the character what should i do
Here's how it should look in the hierarchy for the necklace, make sure your select the correct body joint for each piece.
Once you parent each part to the correct body joint, Zero out the translations and rotation of the group, then you can rotate/translate to fit how you like. I recommend setting the posed/animated model to 0 speed so it's not moving around while you adjust the prop position.

step 1. click and drag the necklace prop group over your chosen posed model (maya in this case). Maya should now be the parent of the prop as shown in the hierarchy.
step2. Select the NeckMid from the Attachment dropdown. The necklace should now be parented specifically to Maya's neck joint
step3. Select the Necklace group in the hierarchy and set the local translation and rotation values to Zero. This will move the Necklace to the Neck Joint location (will prolly be rotated funny)
step4. Rotate and move the necklace group accordingly to fit the model
step5. Rinse and repeat for the Left and Right bra group.

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes