May 18, 2021
I keep experimenting. My PC is really under pain now :D

I find the scenes more smooth than before. My main concern is the game looks now really greedy in power for the PC.

Fatal error occurs half the time i launch a minigame

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
I suppose new animations cannot be implemented in the former UE4 WL version ?
Nope, tried to copy that 22GB content file over but UE4 version won't start with it unfortunately.
Either they'd need to add them to the UE4 version as well (if that's possible in terms of compability) or we'd need to wait for a more stable UE5 version. But if that very stable version is not until February and adding them to UE4 isn't too complicated, I hope they'll do it.

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
Phew, re-rolling the UE4 build fixed my camera controls with the UE4 version.
Gonna wait until next week's update and how people perceive it here before I spend some time with the UE5 version, but looking forward to explore it no matter if the stable build we be out next week already or just early 2023.

For now there's still a lot of stuff to explore with the sandbox in UE4 for me :) I have tons of ideas for great custom mini games, poses and sceneries that I wanna build.

rzw81

Oct 30, 2021
Wew my framerate is basically 20FPS even though I was able to get 60+ on max settings with UE4. Maybe updated gfx card drivers will help? Or is it just really unoptimized now?

Anhcojarbiqt

Sep 19, 2018
Wew my framerate is basically 20FPS even though I was able to get 60+ on max settings with UE4. Maybe updated gfx card drivers will help? Or is it just really unoptimized now?
I am getting 160fps at 1080p on my rtx 2070 but my rtx 3060 6g laptop seems to be running out of Vram. This game and unreal engine 5 matrix demo wasn't playable on this laptop. There seems to be hard requirement of 8g of Vram for all unreal engine 5 games. I am getting 6 fps on that laptop. with Cine textures or 60 and crash on medium.

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
***Disclaimer Warning on the UE5 version!***

Okay so I've noticed that the UE5 version still wrecked my projects.. all of them. I can't open any of them anymore in UE4 because it says "failed to load: has been loaded in a newer version".

Apparently, if you start the UE5 version (from its very own folder, keeping the UE4 version separate), the UE5 game scans all your project files and updates them so that you can't open them up anymore in the UE4 version. And the ones that I can open up through the autosaves have the camera bug where you can't scroll to the left.

So be beware of that before you try out the new build, if you have projects from the UE4 version that you like. I don't know how the game scans the files and why the UE5 version automatically - being in its own folder - scanned the UE4 projects too. That's something I wouldn't have expected since the presets and saves are separate per folder / game build and not in a shared place like "my documents".

If you want to try out the UE5 version I suggest you to backup your UE4 game on a completely different drive, as far away as possible, but I can't promise that this won't cause the same issues since I don't know how it exactly scans for the projects.

Edit:
Apparently older auto-saves work without the camera bug, but any auto-save you open up to get your crushed project files back while the UE5 version is arround (yes, even if you do that in the UE4 version not touching UE5) will instantly be corrupted with the same bugs, so don't try to re-save your projects while the UE5 being installed, otherwise you'll lose more and more progress. Luckily I did that only to the latest one, so the 5 minute older one is still in tact.

But all other projects from the past months are literally gone for now.

rzw81

Oct 30, 2021
I am getting 160fps at 1080p on my rtx 2070 but my rtx 3060 6g laptop seems to be running out of Vram. This game and unreal engine 5 matrix demo wasn't playable on this laptop. There seems to be hard requirement of 8g of Vram for all unreal engine 5 games. I am getting 6 fps on that laptop. with Cine textures or 60 and crash on medium.
I do have 8GB VRAM. Here's what I've noticed so far on my machine. The game starts off at max FPS when I first load into a level, which is expected. Then, as I open new sex scene windows between different characters (the new ones that show the animation previews in the bottom right), each one slowly decreases the total FPS. It's almost like the memory isn't being cleared properly for each sex scene window? Eventually if you open up 10+ of these, it becomes a slideshow and I have to restart the level for it to go back to normal.

Reactions: JRGrass1414

Xol

Sep 11, 2017
Is there any real reason for switching to UE5? Sounds like it's caused nothing but problems for people. And it's not like the graphics weren't already amazing before. I have a gaming laptop that's only about a year or so old, and now I'm worried I yet again won't be able to run this thing, so I haven't yet bothered to download the new version. It sucks, I'd love to check out the new animations.

Humwee

Jul 20, 2017
So it happend. My potato can't launch game anymore. No errors, just endless launching screen. No shit, i'm happy that this project grows and evolve. Someday i'll take a taste it with all new stuff. Good luck and thx for all

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 176 Votes