Nakna

Sep 6, 2017
"As the Fisher Village with its demo quest line was getting in the way of the game’s development we decided to remove it."

I love it when the changelog removes the only story-based content that differentiates this from any other glorified sandbox sexo sim.
It's a very good sexo sim, but man I love a storyline, some quests, all that. Trick my brain into releasing reward dopamine receptors after performing a menial task to improve my coom instead of just pressing a button and sexo.

idk maybe just me

Reactions: c0nevs and Rythan25

FATA27

Oct 29, 2017
Is there any real reason for switching to UE5? Sounds like it's caused nothing but problems for people. And it's not like the graphics weren't already amazing before. I have a gaming laptop that's only about a year or so old, and now I'm worried I yet again won't be able to run this thing, so I haven't yet bothered to download the new version. It sucks, I'd love to check out the new animations.
UE5.1 has two really important features.

Lumen is ray tracing but with like 5% of the overhead, eliminating the need for fixed lighting. This guts the development time and makes the game a lot prettier at (hypothetically) very little loss of performance.

Nanite basically removes the need for level-of-detail (LOD) models by dynamically rendering objects, and also improves performance.

The problem with converting a UE4 game to UE5 is that you pretty much have to do a pass on every single asset, which takes a long time and will inevitably lead to problems like having to disable the fur shaders and making user FATA27 a very sad panda.

istalo

Jul 24, 2019
UE5 with Lumen looks gorgeous but too bad Steve still haven't implemented FSR or DLSS to help out with the framerate, I'd personally steer away from using Lumen, tested it out at my usual settings at 1440p and it usually stays at the 20-25 FPS margin, looking forward to the aforementioned and finally, was about time that the game shifted into UE5.

My GPU is a 3070, don't think it'd differ that much on a 3080, maybe only the newest 40 series.

Xol

Sep 11, 2017
UE5.1 has two really important features.

Lumen is ray tracing but with like 5% of the overhead, eliminating the need for fixed lighting. This guts the development time and makes the game a lot prettier at (hypothetically) very little loss of performance.

Nanite basically removes the need for level-of-detail (LOD) models by dynamically rendering objects, and also improves performance.
UE5 with Lumen looks gorgeous but too bad Steve still haven't implemented FSR or DLSS to help out with the framerate, I'd personally steer away from using Lumen, tested it out at my usual settings at 1440p and it usually stays at the 20-25 FPS margin, looking forward to the aforementioned and finally, was about time that the game shifted into UE5.

My GPU is a 3070, don't think it'd differ that much on a 3080, maybe only the newest 40 series.
Well if it's supposed to actually improve performance, then great, hope it gets fully implemented asap. Frankly I couldn't care less about it looking "prettier"- as I said, it already looked fantastic before even on low or mid settings.

FATA27

Oct 29, 2017
From what I understand watching a lot of development streams for other games, although Lumen and Nanite are certainly cool, UE5 is less about improving the user experience and more about making development quicker and easier. Which would be fantastic for a super ambitious game with a huge game world like Wildlife. It will ultimately mean we get a finished game quicker, because they'll have to futz less with LODs and lighting.

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
rf96 Did you change the previous build in this thread?
Because I've just re-downloaded the october release from page 1 and it seems not to be the build that was in the thread before, for instance the weather slider is gone. I recall that was something that came with the october update.. maybe that's the reason I can't open up my project files, because it says that they've been created with a "newer version of the game".

Is there any newer october build than the one in the thread? Maybe you acidentally replaced the legacy links with an older version? That would explain a lot!

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
rf96 Did you change the previous build in this thread?
Because I've just re-downloaded the october release from page 1 and it seems not to be the build that was in the thread before, for instance the weather slider is gone. I recall that was something that came with the october update.. maybe that's the reason I can't open up my project files, because it says that they've been created with a "newer version of the game".

Is there any newer october build than the one in the thread? Maybe you acidentally replaced the legacy links with an older version? That would explain a lot!
The UE5 version in OP is the latest one, apparently all saves and project files are incompatible.
The UE4 version is the previous build, I didn't touch that one.

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
The UE4 version is the previous build, I didn't touch that one.
Yeah sorry just noticed that the weather slider was only gone in the dark sandbox room, then the "newer version" error really comes from the UE5 update. Bummer! Well, I guess I can open up these projects in the future when the newer versions are stable :)

The UE5 version in OP is the latest one, apparently all saves and project files are incompatible.
Starting the game in UE5 once will render all your game files incompatible with the UE4 version, even those that you've created in UE4 and never opened up in UE5 - that's the issue. You can load up your UE4 projects in UE5. But no matter if open them or not, starting the UE5 version once will generally make all of your UE4 files un-openable for your UE4 version. These files stay corrupted.

toasty56

Sep 3, 2019
Unfortunately no. Youll just have to be patient. We did write plenty of warnings that this version will be much less stable than previous testing builds.

Anyone testing this and then complaining over here:

We will try to fix the biggest crashes and issues for the 10$ version next week so if you find anything that is especially obstructing, please report. But let it be known that many things will take more time. So again, pls be patient :)
Posting again, because apparently my initial question was, evidently, very misinterpreted.
So is there any word on Max ON futaShey, *male on futa* as opposed to futa fucking male?

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
I wish we could just transfer the new animations and models into the UE4 build :unsure:
I assume until the UE5 will be as stable as the UE4 now is it will take a few months.

AdeptusSteve is this something doable or would it take too much time? If it's not too time expensive maintaining the stable UE4 version with new content updates (at least skeleton models, poses / sex scenes / minigames) until the jump into UE5 is truly done would be a great thing.

I could imagine that sharing only these things would be possible, wouldn't it?

Reactions: SpicyHotBeef

SpicyHotBeef

Mar 13, 2020
1671233543379.png

Is it just me or is the inventory/customization viewer renders at a lower resolution?
It's fine outside the inventory screen (running on 2k reso).

Piemantr

May 3, 2018
Wew my framerate is basically 20FPS even though I was able to get 60+ on max settings with UE4. Maybe updated gfx card drivers will help? Or is it just really unoptimized now?
Check the settings. The FPS limit was on 20 for mine for some reason

SpicyHotBeef

Mar 13, 2020
I wish we could just transfer the new animations and models into the UE4 build :unsure:
I assume until the UE5 will be as stable as the UE4 now is it will take a few months.

AdeptusSteve is this something doable or would it take too much time? If it's not too time expensive maintaining the stable UE4 version with new content updates (at least skeleton models, poses / sex scenes / minigames) until the jump into UE5 is truly done would be a great thing.

I could imagine that sharing only these things would be possible, wouldn't it?
Agree. I tweak animation settings and I constantly crash. (I'm in sandbox mode btw)

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes