FullDeckard

Jan 27, 2022
I played for a couple of hours yesterday, mainly just refreshing my memory around the sandbox as it's been a while and so far, knock on wood, no crashes for me. Framerate was largely stable but I wasn't actually tracking it - it just felt pretty consistent. Playing at 4k on a 3060TI.

Do you guys get any other information besides 'fatal crash'? As this is basically a bug report, an error code or any other info would probably help to get this fixed.

LjQujd

Jul 18, 2020
I tried asking Pepe (OP creator) to update the OP with a disclaimer that warns people that the newest build is unstable and not optimized yet. Very few people on this forum have read the official Patreon message that came with the build that explains the situation.

Consider this newest build like a testing build because afaik it was shipped very early and unfinished as per request by their patrons/investors. So the UE5 build is there to try, but mostly to see what errors and bugs you have. Please be mindful of that. If you want you can report your findings with logs to the developers on their discord ( ), this thread isn't the most suitable place for that imo.

FullDeckard

Jan 27, 2022
I mean it's literally called test build and they warn people about instability on loadup so I'm not too sure why people are so surprised it's having issues - they tell you it will :D

Reactions: iiibax

LjQujd

Jul 18, 2020
I mean it's literally called test build and they warn people about instability on loadup so I'm not too sure why people are so surprised it's having issues - they tell you it will :D
Very good point! The game does display a warning msg, though I have rushed through it :D like I imagine most people did.

XyrexDread

Apr 10, 2022
so steve is just jumping like the 3drealms with duke nukem 2 with new engine insted finishing a game if he wants to use the newer ue engine then he needs to start from scrach
the order is: reading - thinking - understanding - commenting, not commenting at first.

its been stated a multitude of times that this is a very early port preview released because patreons voted for it to be released and when u start the game there is even a dislcaimer telling everyone what state this version is in.

1671707478471.png

on another note: if u think an engine upgrade is done with a snip of fingers or requires a fresh project then i think u have a whole lot of research to do before commenting on the technical part of game development.

also, why are u spamming small comments ?
this is a forum, not discord.

Nimbusia

Jan 19, 2020
the order is: reading - thinking - understanding - commenting, not commenting at first.

its been stated a multitude of times that this is a very early port preview released because patreons voted for it to be released and when u start the game there is even a dislcaimer telling everyone what state this version is in.

View attachment 2254600

on another note: if u think an engine upgrade is done with a snip of fingers or requires a fresh project then i think u have a whole lot of research to do before commenting on the technical part of game development.

also, why are u spamming small comments ?
this is a forum, not discord.
People just cant read, you cant put 4 of those warnings and they'll still will ask those stupid fucking questions

LjQujd

Jul 18, 2020
Those of you who are crashing a lot with "Fatal Error" msg. Here is something that might help you. Try deleting most of your sandbox save files saved in the location on the screenshot. Obviously you should first make backup copies and put them somewhere else, but for this workaround to actually make you crash less you will need to reduce the amount of sandbox files in the game's folder on C drive. Doesn't have to be all of them, you can keep the few you want to use. Let me know if this helped. It did for me so reporting it here.

1671715050344.png

Reactions: FullDeckard

gustavo2006

Aug 30, 2020
Those of you who are crashing a lot with "Fatal Error" msg. Here is something that might help you. Try deleting most of your sandbox save files saved in the location on the screenshot. Obviously you should first make backup copies and put them somewhere else, but for this workaround to actually make you crash less you will need to reduce the amount of sandbox files in the game's folder on C drive. Doesn't have to be all of them, you can keep the few you want to use. Let me know if this helped. It did for me so reporting it here.

View attachment 2254780
Unfortunately it didn't work, the fatal error warning continues.

Last edited:

XyrexDread

Apr 10, 2022

View attachment 2254780
did it fix the crashes with new scenes for u ?

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes