MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
I am curious why are all the girls in all games standing with tiptoe with or without highheels. I mean it's understandable that they are standing with highheels, but why are they still doing that even without highheels?
If the Characters are created in Daz Studio, as most are, then a lot of the poses used are for the character to be in high heels it can add quite a bit of time to the posing of a scene if you have to adjust the feet of the characters, but as most of the time we are looking at "other parts" it seems a waste of time to adjust the foot positions.

Reactions: fastflier

fastflier

Oct 29, 2018
If the Characters are created in Daz Studio, as most are, then a lot of the poses used are for the character to be in high heels it can add quite a bit of time to the posing of a scene if you have to adjust the feet of the characters, but as most of the time we are looking at "other parts" it seems a waste of time to adjust the foot positions.
:DI see... thx for the explanation! Personally I would like to see them standing normally but I think that's ok if it takes too much effort.

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
:DI see... thx for the explanation! Personally I would like to see them standing normally but I think that's ok if it takes too much effort.
I am not a dev but have played with Daz Studio, I would not say "too much effort" per se, however it is a fiddly bit and if you get it wrong the characters can appear to be floating or lose there feet in the floor and you end up repositioning the character.
Since a lot of Devs set themselves a timeframe for creating updates (in order to keep the the ones who cant wait, happy) I think that is why they are not as focused on some of the less important details, like positioning of the feet.
This is just my thoughts on this.

Reactions: fastflier

Jaaru

Aug 21, 2017
I get these errors when i try to load a old save.
I had the walkthrough mod on the last version, but its not updated to this version.

After the errors the game starts over.
Really wouldnt like to start over.

View attachment traceback.txt

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Thank you both for this, I will try it out later, I am grateful for your help, but just after I don't know whatever the fuck happened with this game in chapter 4 with just how shitty the writing and Engrish got super hard I am in no rush to check this update out.
i am proofreading atm all scripts
and i found the mia thing you mentioned - its a wrong allocation ( Mia instead of [mianame] ) in the script
you cant change this with the mod , sadly
i send you the scripts if done , ok?

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I had the walkthrough mod on the last version, but its not updated to this version.

View attachment 1501507
had the same - and sadly you have to start a new game
no way to fix this (deleting persistent file didnt help in this case)

Arrdvark

Jan 23, 2018

View attachment 1501507
had the same - and sadly you have to start a new game
no way to fix this (deleting persistent file didnt help in this case)
Boehser Onkel is correct. I dug into it briefly and came to the conclusion that the changes RIC0H made with the mod cause the save files to be incompatible with the unmodded game. Since RIC0H is taking a break from modding, there is no choice but to start over.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

mattstyles

May 3, 2019
Stuck in the girl's' apartment after i spent the night on the couch. Looks like I have to go into my phone's gallery, but keep getting error and unable to proceed.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Stuck in the girl's' apartment after i spent the night on the couch. Looks like I have to go into my phone's gallery, but keep getting error and unable to proceed.
wild guess :

IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/gallery_menu.jpg'. ??

its a .png in \gui folder - just rename it to .jpg

next time pls attach the traceback.txt

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
For anyone with the "gallery_menu.jpg" error just click on image then right click and copy and paste this image into the WoS-ch5/game/gui folder, and rename it gallery_menu

1636993819224.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Now, who in his right mind would think that putting in the stupidest minigame where you need to pointlessly click your mouse a few hundred times is fun?
I am not fighting a boss in an AAA slasher game FFS and clicking the mouse hundreds of times just to unscrew a comp tower is beyond stupid and boring.
This is supposed to be an AVN and, frankly, endless pointless mouse-clicking filled me with so much rage I deleted the game - this shit is just not worth my time.

Good luck with your game, you're gonna need it - a lot of it.

Jangjang1977

Aug 17, 2019
I just finished all the gallery but cant seem to find out how to unlock any of the replay gallery what am i doing wrong

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
i am proofreading atm all scripts
and i found the mia thing you mentioned - its a wrong allocation ( Mia instead of [mianame] ) in the script
you cant change this with the mod , sadly
i send you the scripts if done , ok?
OK cool thank you would be nice to have her always be Melissa instead of sometimes, but no rush, I am doing other games.

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes