wyldstrykr

Nov 30, 2017
The mistranslation of delay as "Interrupt Resistance" contributes to this confusion, but the original game didn't actually do much to explain it either.
wait? interrupt resistance is delay?? i though that the chance or something to get the skill get cancelled while casting. so thats why i lose easily when i main staglemite i get double casted by viola while when i use air cutter i run out of mana.

funny thing. i should qualify to the final because every one has heal and that heal is greater than my damage. i guess i outspeed them both including elle. should i invest on tournament?? nah.. ill dungeon instead

EDIT: it feels like celes like studying magic a lot that her status become "best" after studying a couple of times in a row

Kikklik

Jul 7, 2019
Tempest is indeed a great spell, but the appeal of field AoEs like Dark Roar and Effusive Light is that they can be cast immediately without requiring Celes to reposition or (more importantly) tempting the AI into doing so instead of taking a more productive action... like casting one of the aforementioned spells.
I don't think the increase in mp is worth it. Tempest does about as much damage as effusive light and hits roughly as many targets, but effusive light cost 50% more mp. Having celes reposition is well worth saving 17 mp per cast.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
I don't think the increase in mp is worth it. Tempest does about as much damage as effusive light and hits roughly as many targets, but effusive light cost 50% more mp. Having celes reposition is well worth saving 17 mp per cast.
If saving 17MP to cast a 33MP spell matters, you should probably invest in more MP sustain (Mana Recovery Lv50 is almost a must for late-game). The difference between hitting most enemies and hitting all enemies can't be overstated. You will often use more MP overall cleaning up whatever Tempest misses, especially if Tempest doesn't kill what it hits. Also, the actual range of Tempest is 3-8, which means it doesn't hit enemies within two squares of Celes. Worse, the AI has a real tendency to close the distance and dance around targets.

On a side note, Tempest actually does more damage than Effusive Light (186 vs 183), but nowhere near as much as Dark Roar (222 + crit).

GreenPee

Jun 23, 2018
Effusive light is very good but can only really be used as a Secret or switched on and off manually. Even with 60+ Mana Regen it costs too much to let the AI use it whenever it feels like. If you wanna speed through the towers on fast and while holding CTRL, air spells are way more mana efficent.

Unless I hit specific floors that won't allow it, I set combat distance to low, targeting to nearest, physical and magical skills to Any and support skills as Priority. Then in the spellbook, all combat air spells are turned on; heal, regeneration and drain are priority, static ball is secret. Then I just fast forward through everything, the only interaction being allowing the secret spells if the room has a lot of mobs or has mages that use summons.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
In the end, there isn't a "right" way to play the game. If you feel like wind AoEs are better than field AoEs, then I'm certainly not stopping you. Just pointing out what I think is a superior alternative.

Under normal gameplay circumstances, Celes rarely chooses to use field AoEs over other spells. Field AoEs were never meant to be used whenever the AI feels like it. You set them on Secret, toggle it on at the beginning, and sweep. Efficiency should be a non-issue if you have Mana Recovery Lv60+. When they're no longer useful or if you don't want to use them, toggle Secret off.

Kikklik

Jul 7, 2019
In the end, there isn't a "right" way to play the game. If you feel like wind AoEs are better than field AoEs, then I'm certainly not stopping you. Just pointing out what I think is a superior alternative.

Under normal gameplay circumstances, Celes rarely chooses to use field AoEs over other spells. Field AoEs were never meant to be used whenever the AI feels like it. You set them on Secret, toggle it on at the beginning, and sweep. Efficiency should be a non-issue if you have Mana Recovery Lv60+. When they're no longer useful or if you don't want to use them, toggle Secret off.
Getting that much mana recovery takes a long time. Tempest does not need to hit every enemy. The point is that it kills enough enemies that the remaining enemies can be safely mp drained and then killed.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Getting that much mana recovery takes a long time. Tempest does not need to hit every enemy. The point is that it kills enough enemies that the remaining enemies can be safely mp drained and then killed.
I replied under the assumption that the player already had Mana Recovery Lv60. You can make do with Mana Recovery Lv30 and Dark Despair. This will speed up clears considerably, allowing you to grind ToC that much faster and accelerating your growth overall.

However, like I said, Tempest is a perfectly viable spell. Your strategy is also perfectly viable. I'm just pointing out that Tempest is slower and less helpful than a field AoE.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Wew one thing you learn too late: Saving a high level dungeon to farm is wise. I thought there'd be something that could be run over and over but they all go down drastically in rewards. Save a high level dungeon by retreating at the boss. You can keep just about full clearing it and still have a chance at item drops that disappears eventually if you keep clearing it. I at least have Tower of Towers still semi farmable.

Hmm, seems this doesn't work in some dungeons.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Man I want to just keep playing this game, even after so many runs. What a special/unique game. Really cemented these devs as some of my favorites though with this and Bunny Black. Kinda sad how so many people didn't seem to appreciate it for what it is. People complaining about the newgame + mechanic when that's its whole purpose and what makes it so amazing/unique. I'm surprised by how well balanced it is too (At least until like your 4th or 5th run where you start off with everything close to max.).

Like I said earlier, I'm usually not fond of games on a timer when so much is missable, but that's because most games do it so poorly. Here's the extremely rare exception. How quickly you can rush through a run once you know what to do really helps it. Every run taking less time is brilliant and reduces many of the negatives I've seen with similar games. I feel like even if people tried to copy this formula, they'd probably fail at it. It just requires such a high level of balance and a ton of content to flesh out a game like this for one.

Might go in my top 10 games.

dracas

Sep 27, 2017
little question. its normal that attack speed never increase? all my states are at max on on the graphic. only physical attack speed seems too never change even when i max all states. sadly i cant post a screenshot because game always crash when i try to switch windows size.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
little question. its normal that attack speed never increase? all my states are at max on on the graphic. only physical attack speed seems too never change even when i max all states. sadly i cant post a screenshot because game always crash when i try to switch windows size.
Yeah, I've maxed about everything and it's still at 0. I've checked the skill list to make sure there isn't anything obvious that improves attack speed. The only thing that might improve it is maxing out the unarmed line. I don't have Time Blow or God Blow. Flash Blow hasn't improved it though, so dunno. I'm thinking of making my final run a melee only run to check that.

Alright, started a new run and maxed those and still no attack speed boost. I guess it's a bit of a joke.

Welp, gunna try an unarmed + Duplicate build, seems hilarious and fun.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Soshiette keeps warning me that Celes' hard training is dangerous. Is this colour or something I should be concerned about? I have been taking what I thought was a decent amount of rests by visiting Elle (I'm opening Viola's scenes this run through).

dracas

Sep 27, 2017
as far as i noticed you can ignore this warning. its most time only mean that you do something oneside and should try something new like tower clear or play with master ect. welp. got my 100% take over, now i can enjoy unlocking endings without caring to farm lost points^^

wyldstrykr

Nov 30, 2017
i reach 90F of tower of certification. there is a huge wall and celes teleported out. do i need a specific skill to move forward??
also those white blob in 86F-89F has different name and can deal 540 damage one hitting me. good thing i have an AOE skill

dracas

Sep 27, 2017
na. just get some playtrough. get 99 speed 10-20 hp reg and arround 50 physical strengh. more is ofc better^^. + heal and reg from earth and the water bliss from water. Magic get wizard too 15 and magic recovery at least at 50 and the skill for mana arround 40 and max evrything else for speed and deff there. Mana Drain from darkness can help but i didnt rly ever need it^^
i cleared my first times with all sword skills at max. try to get a good sword from dungon (i was lucky and got a Amatsukumo ) or when you are lucky and get the legendary whip go for that. whips are kind of op in the main game.
for the wall. you need too learn the name of rune (mystery women with glas)
you need too Magic study 40 times in 3th mode

Last edited:

droganpc

Apr 21, 2020
Answering all 10 quiz questions correctly will give you extra 10% carry over.
I added all question at the , and most of them have answer :unsure:

Reactions: Dharkie29
3.70 star(s) 6 Votes