ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Anyone know all the special equipment, and where to find them? I just found a Devil Ring (+2 All Atk & Resist Dark) in one of the dungeons, and was wondering if there were others.... and if you can carry them over.
All items found in dungeons can be carried over. Most are randomly distributed in the Towers (except for Trials or Certification). It's too complicated to easily explain, so Google Translate .

Reactions: Yamemai

Kikklik

Jul 7, 2019
The tempest skill is freakishly strong if you have her go into melee mode before using it. It deals a bit more damage than effusive? light, but cost 1/3 less and will generally hit all enemies anyway. After weakening enemies enough with the spell, her celes steal mp and finish up the fight.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Tempest is indeed a great spell, but the appeal of field AoEs like Dark Roar and Effusive Light is that they can be cast immediately without requiring Celes to reposition or (more importantly) tempting the AI into doing so instead of taking a more productive action... like casting one of the aforementioned spells.

Reactions: Abes85 and Yamemai

Yamemai

Nov 1, 2017
All items found in dungeons can be carried over. Most are randomly distributed in the Towers (except for Trials or Certification). It's too complicated to easily explain, so Google Translate .
Thanks, I tried looking for the equip section there, but didn't find any. Too bad the accessories aren't labeled for drops. Dragon Ring seems useful.

wyldstrykr

Nov 30, 2017
question: how to get the chest or the bag when theres enemy on it? do you need a certain skill to do that?
also is going to trial is better than part time if your strong enough or at least make it to 29F?

Last edited:

1Musashi

Dec 15, 2018
question: how to get the chest or the bag when theres enemy on it? do you need a certain skill to do that?
also is going to trial is better than part time if your strong enough or at least make it to 29F?
you get the chests and bags after Cellie clear the floor

Reactions: wyldstrykr

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Any chests on a floor populated with monsters will be obtained when you complete the floor. These chests only ever contain money. The Tower of Certifications will net you more total points than other non-Adventure activities at ~29F, but they'll be spread out over all categories not including General Studies.

Going on an Adventure to a Tower or dungeon (especially ToC) is always better for raw points than any other activity. Training, Study, and Jobs give a maximum of ~100-200 points with bonuses (Omnimancy is an exception that gives ~250 distributed across Wizardry and the elements). Winning the CMT for the first time gives ~400 points. A full run of the early towers (ToTrials/ToM/ToB) gives ~500 to ~1000 points. A full run of most of the mid-game Adventures (ToD/ToU/Labyrinth) will easily net you >1500 points and late-game Adventures (ToTowers/ToA/GL/OC) can easily reach >3000, but each successive run has severely diminishing returns.

The Tower of Certifications is in a league of its own, as running 1F to 99F and quitting on 100F will get you ~8500 points (~650 across 13 fields from Physical Strength to Spectromancy) the first time you do it, ~6500 (~500 * 13) the second time, ~4500 (~350 * 13) the third, ~4000 (~300 * 13) the fourth, and ~2500 (~200 * 13) every time afterwards.

wyldstrykr

Nov 30, 2017
a full run of ToTrials gives more bonuses in addition to get money. i should go for the physical build to save mana after resetting. ty
also question: only the late game towers have a diminishing return?

Last edited:

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
a full run of ToTrials gives more bonuses in addition to get money. i should go for the physical build to save mana after resetting. ty
also question: only the late game towers have a diminishing return?
All Adventures have diminishing returns.

salking

Mar 24, 2018
All Adventures have diminishing returns.
On everything or just skill points?
Asking since the tournament win price seems fixed.

Also does anyone know what the mood indicator affects?
Just activity success chance or something more?

And while I'm at it.
Could you recommend a ToCert build?

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Wow really addictive gameplay. Every time I try to stop I end up playing for hours longer. I'm surprised by how much changes in sequential runs. I feel like I'm just starting to get into the game at the end of the 2nd run. All these new options open up the more you play. What a nice hidden gem here. The iffy reviews really confuse me after playing this for a while. I'm usually not big on these games that require newgame + but this does it so well I'm really enjoying it. It feels like a different game every time. The amount of content/unlocks is pretty amazing.

The way the game balances the spells and just all the content in general is super smart too. At first you want to stick to the cheap spells because you can't afford the mp cost of the higher ones, but eventually you want to swap to higher damage stuff to keep up with the enemy scaling. So you need to adapt and swap spell focus in future playthrough, kinda takes you through the whole gambit of spell types. What's useless in one run and a waste of time/points becomes essential in future content and visa versa. Really well balanced and well thought out to keep things fresh over multiple playthroughs. You start off just scraping by with the weakest abilities and eventually you want to ignore those and aim for higher goals immediately.

Probably my only complaint so far is that the AI in battle isn't great and requires a shit ton of micromanagement if you really want to play well. The girl cannot decide between single target spells and aoe spells to save her fucking life. At least you can prioritize the aoe at the start of battle and swap to single target when there aren't many left. It helps to not bother with a lot of shitty spells as well. The game gets much better in your 2nd run when you know what to focus on. Knowing what unlocks when is really helpful.

A bit of a guide/tips:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tower of Blessing OP btw:

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: DuniX

Yamemai

Nov 1, 2017

And while I'm at it.
Tourneys don't have diminish, but the towers and such do. Reason is because they speed you through re-runs, aka: you start higher/lower and you skip floors. -- Like Overlord Castle, if you clear it enough, will toss you onto floor 50 (last floor before the run ends), thus you'll only get about the same amount as finished the monthly-ish tourney.

wyldstrykr

Nov 30, 2017
question: i managed to clear the qualifiers in the last week. it sends me back to the menus. how much time before the game ends or i need to go to the finals immediately?

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
question: i managed to clear the qualifiers in the last week. it sends me back to the menus. how much time before the game ends or i need to go to the finals immediately?
Game ends at the end of year 3.

Qualifiers happen immediately before the contest. If you cleared the qualifiers, there should be a contest immediately available. If you skip that, Celes won't succeed.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Everything. Tournaments are the exception, not the rule. Skills points and rewards are based on floors traversed and the base difficulty of the Adventure, and every time you retry an Adventure, you skip more floors.
Activity success rate and points gained from the activity. Only seems to apply to Training, Study, and Jobs.
And while I'm at it.
If skill level isn't mentioned, assume max. Dark Roar or Effusive Light and Mana Recovery Lv50 with Wizardry Lv30+ and a good staff will clear to 100F every time. Set the field AoEs to Secret, toggle it on, set combat speed to Fast and CTRL-skip to victory. If you can't get Mana Recovery up that high yet, you will need to be more careful and bring Ice Wall + Drain Essence to sustain your MP usage. If you have one of the legendary weapons that isn't a staff, toggle Secret off after one cast (90F+ may need two casts) and finish enemies off with that. Other necessary skills include Speed Lv35+, Elocution, Tactics, and all defensive passives, especially Defense, Reflexes, and Magic Defense.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
If you won the CMT qualifiers sometime in 3Y/12M or were exempt, the CMT itself takes place on 4Y/1M/1W. Admittedly, I only tried the one time, but you should not be able to skip that week.
btw is there a list of equippment? or is the magic plate rly the last armor you get?
Google Translate .
A bit of a guide/tips:
My thoughts on the tips:
2. Unfortunately, Fire is the worst element in the game. It has the most limited spell list, the worst initial spell, and Wind has the best AoE that isn't field-wide (Air Shot). Flame Snake is the only redeemable spell, and it gets outclassed by others for both damage (Static Ball/Dark Sphere) and utility (Ice Wall).

3. That's not how combos work. The Skill Synergies are the chance for Celes to immediately chain one of the other skills if she has them unlocked and they aren't turned off, skipping the delay of the skill she just used. You can't just pick any two skills and hope she chains them together. The mistranslation of delay as "Interrupt Resistance" contributes to this confusion, but the original game didn't actually do much to explain it either.

7. Carry-over stats start at 30% and go up by 10% for every unlocked mode , 2% for every 30 floors cleared of the ToH in the extras menu (300 floors total), and 10% if you finish the quiz for the first time, also in the extras menu. The game takes the percentage out of the maximum in each stat you have ever achieved in ANY run. Carry-over money and items are the exact same as at the end of your most recent run, so whatever money you end a run with is the money you start the next run with.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
My thoughts on the tips:
2. Unfortunately, Fire is the worst element in the game. It has the most limited spell list, the worst initial spell, and Wind has the best AoE that isn't field-wide (Air Shot). Flame Snake is the only redeemable spell, and it gets outclassed by others for both damage (Static Ball/Dark Sphere) and utility (Ice Wall).
Sure about this? not sure how long you stuck with fire. I've found a lot of fire spells are really misleading. Fire Pillar for example does aoe damage around it. I thought it was just a movement barrier and enemies that walked over it would be damaged. It's actually super strong. They have some really crazy range on the further aoe spells too. I haven't gone too much into anything but fire though, so dunno. I'm not having any trouble with it though. I know its damage isn't great, but it's really nice for mana conservation. Some of the fire spells become much better at higher levels too, Flame Snake gets more summons and such.

Fire seems really good for dungeon crawling. Or to put it another way, fire is kind of essential before you have an absurd mana pool or physical abilities. It's not just about being the absolute strongest in your early runs.

P.S: Man, those first full clear on towers always feels so amazing. Tower of Despair in image. I was just going to stop at about half way and continue in another run, but I managed to keep my mp up.

Last edited:

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Sure about this? not sure how long you stuck with fire. I've found a lot of fire spells are really misleading. Fire Pillar for example does aoe damage around it. I thought it was just a movement barrier and enemies that walked over it would be damaged. It's actually super strong. They have some really crazy range on the further aoe spells too. I haven't gone too much into anything but fire though, so dunno. I'm not having any trouble with it though. I know its damage isn't great, but it's really nice for mana conservation. Some of the fire spells become much better at higher levels too, Flame Snake gets more summons and such.

Fire seems really good for dungeon crawling. Or to put it another way, fire is kind of essential before you have an absurd mana pool or physical abilities. It's not just about being the absolute strongest in your early runs.
I've taken another look at all that Fire has to offer, and come to the conclusion that there are too many things working against it. The outlook isn't as bleak as before, but in short, it's still the worst element.

Full analysis of Pyromancy (my opinion based on personal experience and in-game data):

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 6 Votes