ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
There is also a variant in the water tab that seems to work of a % of max HP rather than a static number
Blessed Rain is unlocked by Mana Capacity Lv10, but it is worse than Regeneration unless you have 1500HP+. Regeneration heals 75HP per turn over 28 turns for 20MP, and Blessed Rain heals 5% HP per turn over 19 turns for 15MP.

salking

Mar 24, 2018
Blessed Rain is unlocked by Mana Capacity Lv10, but it is worse than Regeneration unless you have 1500HP+. Regeneration heals 75HP per turn over 28 turns for 20MP, and Blessed Rain heals 5% HP per turn over 19 turns for 15MP.
Had not done the math so thanks for the info.
You wouldn't happen to know if blessed rain gets stronger at higher lvls, or does it just increase in duration?

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
For anyone struggling, I started a run from scratch on Novice and eventually won the QMT. Safe to say you can use this to unlock Adept. This is also replicable on Adept to unlock Wizard. If you are doing NG+, buy some furniture before you begin.

Step-by-step walkthrough:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Keep in mind the above isn't meant to be the "best" way to do things. Just a rushed example. I also left plenty of leeway in case you got poor results, so that shouldn't be an issue. You can use this to unlock both Adept and Wizard.

Last edited:

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Another question I can't figure out on my own it seems: what does Wizardry actually do? Is it a modifier on earning magic skill points? Does it affect spell casting? Does it do something else entirely?

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Another question I can't figure out on my own it seems: what does Wizardry actually do? Is it a modifier on earning magic skill points? Does it affect spell casting? Does it do something else entirely?
Boosts magic attack, casting speed, increases MP, and serves as unlock prerequisite up to Lv15.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
What needs to happen for Celes to be able to study the more advanced magics? I'd like to train Umbramancy, but the only route I seem to have access to is Research Assistant.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
What needs to happen for Celes to be able to study the more advanced magics? I'd like to train Umbramancy, but the only route I seem to have access to is Research Assistant.
New Magic Study is unlocked by doing existing Magic Study a certain number of times (30, 40, or 50) or by starting NG(+) on higher modes. All totals are cumulative, so doing Magic Study 50 times will unlock everything.

30 Magic Study or Adept mode unlocks Electromancy, Umbramancy, and Photomancy.
40 Magic Study or Wizard mode unlocks Thermomancy, Picnomancy, and Speromancy.
50 Magic Study or Virtuoso mode unlocks Omnimancy.

Last edited:
Reactions: sillyrobot

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
New Magic Study is unlocked by doing existing Magic Study a certain number of times (30, 40, or 50) or by starting NG(+) on higher modes. All totals are cumulative, so doing Magic Study 50 times will unlock everything.

30 Magic Study or Adept mode unlocks Electromancy, Umbramancy, and Photomancy.
40 Magic Study or Wizard mode unlocks Thermomancy, Picnomancy, and Speromancy.
50 Magic Study or Archwizard mode unlocks Omnimancy.
Thanks! Sigh. I wonder what my count is.

Apr 7, 2017
Really you just want to get to adept mode, but I'll point out you also get a little bit out of the guard part time job.

RayAsher

Harem Impact Dev
Game Developer
Feb 3, 2018
The thing is at the start the game feels unfair which it should , because technically our main girl has never practiced magic.

After a few hours of frustrating grinds and figuring out combo's you will slowly start getting OP.

By the time i reached Adept i was on my 5th run i guess , by then my stats were halfway decent.

I'm probably on my 15th run now , as a result i'm pretty strong even on Day 1 as i have almost 7k points as highest and lowest 2k points for each field of training.

It takes a while for the satisfaction to kick in so that you feel OP and learning the combos is also a bitch.

Also equipment in this game is extremely important as some stats need equips.

Overall i guess Soft.House.Chara made this before Bunny Black? because its much more brutal in that sense.

Anyways you wanna fap play kamidori or evincle or Bunny Black. this one is more hardcore.

AJLee7385

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
im trying but i still dont have the stats to beat ella or viola in qmt but i managed to get to 5th start. ran it like 4 runs already but i just cant beat them.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Finally got around to unlocking all the modes and updated my previous posts. Events get funnier and more ridiculous with every mode, especially the intro cutscene. Virtuoso/Archmage intro is the girls communicating via cute animal noises. I'm not joking.

This post has a step-by-step guide to unlock Wizard from scratch. Should be even easier with NG+ stats.
This post has mode unlock and ending conditions. Use it with the guide and you can open Virtuoso.
can be put through Google Translate to answer the quiz for a free +10% to carry-over stats.

With Virtuoso open and the quiz done, that's 70% carry-over stats, which is more than enough to out-grind Viola in the CMT for those who can't be bothered with AI micromanagement. Start the battle with Regeneration and Ice Wall, then auto-battle to victory. Use Tempest, Dark Despair, or Effusive Light to wipe her summons and remember to bring Drain Essence on Secret to restore MP.

If you ever want to use a specific skill asap, set all tactics to Never, set Targeting/Positioning to Any, set the desired skill on Secret, then toggle Secret on. In fact, you can make the game much less random by keeping tactics that way and just setting skills to Secret.

For those curious, here's what my starting stats look like as of around NG+10 with 88% carry-over:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2018
im having some sort of audio bug, i can only hear the music, no voices or sound efects only music.
it started when i opened the game for a second time.
the first time had sound efects and i only opened it to check that it worked

Reactions: Chrysoberyl

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Any tips for fighting dragons? I walked through the 3T, tower of the Underlord, and the monthly tourneys without trouble. I hit my first serious failure in the Tower of Despair against the 2nd dragon (thunder dragon, maybe?) 3000 hp, nasty breath weapon.

This is late year 2 of the 2nd game, the first game focused on gaining physical stats. My direct damage capability is somewhat limited -- aqua shot 8 and flame dart 9 are my best. Light spear and effusive light around 5. I have access to a bunch of summons: maxed flame snakes with static ball, air chasers, and ice walls between 6-9. Heal, drain essence maxed, regeneration 7.

It seems summons can't attack dragons (the flame snakes and air chasers just mill around until the breath weapon takes them out) so I was slowly pinging my way through its hp pile, but eventually got caught by a rapid series of breaths one after another faster than Heal would cast.

Do I simply have to get tougher? Do any summons function against dragons? Are they considered flying and I have to catch them with Air Press (which I don't yet have)?

salking

Mar 24, 2018
Yeah summons is of very little use against fixed/oversized bosses since they more often than not need to be right next to their target.
And some bosses seems to only have a few tiles that Celes can attack from

gregtoma

Feb 11, 2021
There's a speedrun for beating Viola on a first run. It's not intended, but it is possible.

Reactions: Yamemai

GreenPee

Jun 23, 2018
Any tips for fighting dragons? I walked through the 3T, tower of the Underlord, and the monthly tourneys without trouble. I hit my first serious failure in the Tower of Despair against the 2nd dragon (thunder dragon, maybe?) 3000 hp, nasty breath weapon.

It seems summons can't attack dragons (the flame snakes and air chasers just mill around until the breath weapon takes them out) so I was slowly pinging my way through its hp pile, but eventually got caught by a rapid series of breaths one after another faster than Heal would cast.
If you die in one shot from a dragon or are comboed to death without being able to do anything, spend some points in hp and/or magic defence.

Dragons and all other big enemies are literally free mana for you. They all have a huge manapool for you to suck from. Before going into towers with dragons, you should have at least some levels of Heal and Drain Essence. When you enter a dragon floor, set your combat settings to Hand-to-hand, disable all spells that aren't Heal or Drain and start sucking. When the battle is paused you can mouse over them to see if they have any more mana.

After you're done, smack them with AoE spells, they don't get hit by all the possible hits but they do take way more damage than usual monsters. Even a level 1 Fireball is more than enough.

You guessed right that they are classified as flying monsters, but that just means they take extra damage from air spells, again, AoE air spells just demolish them.

Don't know much about the melee summons since I don't use them but Static Ball hits them alright, and it's a great spell overall.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
If you die in one shot from a dragon or are comboed to death without being able to do anything, spend some points in hp and/or magic defence.

Dragons and all other big enemies are literally free mana for you. They all have a huge manapool for you to suck from. Before going into towers with dragons, you should have at least some levels of Heal and Drain Essence. When you enter a dragon floor, set your combat settings to Hand-to-hand, disable all spells that aren't Heal or Drain and start sucking. When the battle is paused you can mouse over them to see if they have any more mana.

After you're done, smack them with AoE spells, they don't get hit by all the possible hits but they do take way more damage than usual monsters. Even a level 1 Fireball is more than enough.

You guessed right that they are classified as flying monsters, but that just means they take extra damage from air spells, again, AoE air spells just demolish them.

Don't know much about the melee summons since I don't use them but Static Ball hits them alright, and it's a great spell overall.
So, just let them run down and then kill them? I can do that. I wasn't sure if a floor had a time limit. Critters display a time attribute when you hover over them.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Previous posts are mostly correct. All large bosses are basically raw stat checks. Skills with lesser range don't work as well on large bosses since they can only be targeted in a very small area (possibly just the single square in the middle of their avatar).

If you can't burn through the bosses' HP total, you need more effective attacks (your own AoEs deal massive damage to them). As mentioned, Drain Essence also allows you to treat bosses as a free MP refill assuming you can handle their damage output.

If you can't survive, you need better defenses and/or more HP. Note that adding raw HP is not an ideal solution and should be secondary to improving your ability to mitigate damage. Regeneration helps a lot. Make sure you have the Speed to keep up, since HP regen only ticks when Celes takes her turn.

Some come with minions, which you will want to prioritize killing with your field-clear of choice. Mass summons and conjures are rendered almost completely useless. Single summons like Static Ball and Dark Sphere can help with the boss or its minions, but you are mostly better off just using an AoE spell.

There is no time limit to any floor; the Time you are seeing in the status window is akin to the Active Time Battle gauge of Final Fantasy or similar games. However, you will be forced to retreat if you run out of uses on active skills and Celes spends several turns idling.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 6 Votes