punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Hate to interrupt the birthday avalanche but has BD ever said how the fShauna week 1 rewrite will be different? Is she still bullied? are they still friends? and is fPenny going to be different or will her story be the same?

Oh and happy birthday BD

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
Hate to interrupt the birthday avalanche but has BD ever said how the fShauna week 1 rewrite will be different? Is she still bullied? are they still friends? and is fPenny going to be different or will her story be the same?

Oh and happy birthday BD
He's a bit of a stickler about spoilers so he hasn't gone into too great of detail about it. The problem with the current female routes backstory is it's basically identical to the trans route word for word but it has all the references to being trans removed. This makes it feel kind of cookie cutter and also makes the reason she is being bullied as a girl a bit muddy to understand. Thus he is rewriting it to get rid of the cookie cutter feel and better flesh out the bullying.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
He's a bit of a stickler about spoilers so he hasn't gone into too great of detail about it. The problem with the current female routes backstory is it's basically identical to the trans route word for word but it has all the references to being trans removed. This makes it feel kind of cookie cutter and also makes the reason she is being bullied as a girl a bit muddy to understand. Thus he is rewriting it to get rid of the cookie cutter feel and better flesh out the bullying.
her beauty makes her supernatural.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Just hit the 1000th render for this update. If that's any indicator if I'm working or not. :giggle:
BD ... you are a Bad Ass .. i will forever be a fan ..... and if wait i must ,, then wait i will (y) oh hell i just noticed you had a Birthday ... congratz ...

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
It doesn't really need much changing about Shauna being bullied IMO, her being bullied and our guy being nice to her makes just as much sense if she's female as if she's trans. The parts that I would expect to get the attention would be her bad reaction in that one sex scene, and Penny. Penny having a special connection to Shauna makes sense if they are both trans, if they are both female what's the special connection? All the other girls are female too.

Reactions: Scotsman1989

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
It doesn't really need much changing about Shauna being bullied IMO, her being bullied and our guy being nice to her makes just as much sense if she's female as if she's trans. The parts that I would expect to get the attention would be her bad reaction in that one sex scene, and Penny. Penny having a special connection to Shauna makes sense if they are both trans, if they are both female what's the special connection? All the other girls are female too.
I think the connection for Penny would be that she was bullied as well in school. Still, simply being bullied in school is, unfortunately, a rather common experience, so I think BD just needs to add some specific context of why cis Shauna was bullied and make it the same reason for Penny.

cubba

Jul 12, 2018
First: Happy Birthday BD :coffee: (Sorry they have only coffee)

OK, after reading the Mini FAQ and the Patreon I am still a little confused about the update(s).
We have Day 7 Final, Day 8 Part 1 and somewhere Week 1?
And the estimated release is probably somewhere at the end of september/beginning of august. For all of them?
Could someone clarify please if I misunderstood or missed something? Thank you very much :)

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017

OK, after reading the Mini FAQ and the Patreon I am still a little confused about the update(s).
And the estimated release is probably somewhere at the end of september/beginning of august. For all of them?
Could someone clarify please if I misunderstood or missed something? Thank you very much :)
Day 7 final is what's coming next, the other two are still being worked on. :)

Reactions: cubba

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019

Well basically, we don't really know because BrainDrop has understandably tried to refrain from hard deadlines (even though some of the pressure he receives from the more toxic fans has caused him to try and set at least soft deadlines which he has failed to meet for a few times causing even more pressure-inducing backlash from said toxic fans).

As far as I understand it, Day 7 final will be next thing to come out and is what the current soft deadline of September 18th to 23rd refers to. He is currently also working on Day 8 part 1 to be released either shortly after Day 7 final or simultaneously with it, I'm not exactly sure if Braindrop himself has figured out exactly how he plans the eventual release to go.

Concurrently, he's trying to rework the entire first week somewhat with a more malleable deadline for when that comes out. Certain issues like the MC's penis size and the cis Shauna route will be addressed and he's said that he plans to make the story more week-to-week after Week 1 and not day-to-day like it has been up until now.

All in all, we'll just have to wait and see.

Reactions: cubba

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
I wasn't saying he was gonna change it extensively my using the term "flesh out" might have made it sound more grandiose than I intended. Giving the bullying a specific reason may not make a major difference for Shauna as a character but like Kryst said giving a more concrete reason for it and making Penny's backstory her being bullied for the same reason would be the best way to make her seeing Shauna as a kindred spirit make sense in the absence of the trans plot device.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes