henry hopkin

Jan 20, 2018

How's it going everyone?

This is mainly a post to share some final details about the update and what you can expect. Including a release date.
(The changelog is for the changes from 0.7.6 to 0.7.7)

Changelog for Day 7 final (Day 7 0.7.7)
1200 new renders
11 new animations
New renders for some earlier scenes in day 7
Slight story changes to earlier scenes in day 7

Official release date:
September 26th (3pm EST)

Why the 26th?

Render work is mostly done. Just a few renders left from this scene and some animations to finish.
Script work still has a bit to go but the bulk of it is done. Just some finer details to revise.
I expect render work to take around 2, maybe 3 more days to finish. And script work to take
around 5-6.
The remaining days are for me to send the update to a few playtesters I know. (I usually do playtesting myself but with an update of this size it seems like a good idea to get some help with it.)
They're also just for me to have a sort of safety blanket in case there are issues that'll take a day or two to fix.
I was aiming for the 18th-23rd but I ended up getting sick and had awful headaches that slowed down script work but I powered through for the renders.

What about Day 8 part 1? Will it be out this month?

With render work on D7 coming to an end in the next few days I plan to start render work on D8 immediately.
I plan to return to smaller consistent updates after D7 so D8p1 will be around 100-140 renders long.
I'm not going to say it will be 100% out by the 30th... but I'm going to try my best to have it out by then.

A few more things

I'm sure there's some curiosity around the changes to earlier scenes in Day 7. I'm willing to go into greater detail about them in the spoilers chat in my discord. (I would talk about them here but I don't want my fellow skim readers to have something spoiled)

Day 7 final introduces many characters which is a controversial topic as WVM already has a very large cast. So I feel I should state that the vast majority of these newly introduced characters are not mainstays for the story. Not to say that they'll never be seen again but they're mainly just background characters. It's hard to explain exactly as I can't do so without getting spoilery but I'll go into more detail once it's out.

I believe that's it. I hope I'm not forgetting anything.

I hope you'll enjoy it.
Love you guys. <3
Do we know if this is just day 7 release? or full week 1 with all the intended changes in the beginning as well?

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Do we know if this is just day 7 release? or full week 1 with all the intended changes in the beginning as well?
Should be Day 7 end and some changes to earlier parts of week 1 as indicated in the post you quoted. There is some spoilers here a page or 2 back if you want to know more on what is in the earlier changes. I don't think this is the full week 1 re-work though, but I could be wrong on that.

Reactions: Hordragg
May 24, 2020

How's it going everyone?

This is mainly a post to share some final details about the update and what you can expect. Including a release date.
(The changelog is for the changes from 0.7.6 to 0.7.7)

Changelog for Day 7 final (Day 7 0.7.7)
1200 new renders
11 new animations
New renders for some earlier scenes in day 7
Slight story changes to earlier scenes in day 7

Official release date:
September 26th (3pm EST)

Why the 26th?

Render work is mostly done. Just a few renders left from this scene and some animations to finish.
Script work still has a bit to go but the bulk of it is done. Just some finer details to revise.
I expect render work to take around 2, maybe 3 more days to finish. And script work to take
around 5-6.
The remaining days are for me to send the update to a few playtesters I know. (I usually do playtesting myself but with an update of this size it seems like a good idea to get some help with it.)
They're also just for me to have a sort of safety blanket in case there are issues that'll take a day or two to fix.
I was aiming for the 18th-23rd but I ended up getting sick and had awful headaches that slowed down script work but I powered through for the renders.

What about Day 8 part 1? Will it be out this month?

With render work on D7 coming to an end in the next few days I plan to start render work on D8 immediately.
I plan to return to smaller consistent updates after D7 so D8p1 will be around 100-140 renders long.
I'm not going to say it will be 100% out by the 30th... but I'm going to try my best to have it out by then.

A few more things

I'm sure there's some curiosity around the changes to earlier scenes in Day 7. I'm willing to go into greater detail about them in the spoilers chat in my discord. (I would talk about them here but I don't want my fellow skim readers to have something spoiled)

Day 7 final introduces many characters which is a controversial topic as WVM already has a very large cast. So I feel I should state that the vast majority of these newly introduced characters are not mainstays for the story. Not to say that they'll never be seen again but they're mainly just background characters. It's hard to explain exactly as I can't do so without getting spoilery but I'll go into more detail once it's out.

I believe that's it. I hope I'm not forgetting anything.

I hope you'll enjoy it.
Love you guys. <3
Just in time for my return from vacation, it's fucking awesome!

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Seeing as Rachael has gone in whole hog on his ability to knock bitches up god knows what she would do if that happened...I suspect there would be blood
yeah and with that in mind it would be funny as hell to see Rachael ,, getting up one morning running to the bathroom .. getting sick as hell ... and MC says "oops"

Hadespawn

Jul 29, 2020
my first post on here, just had to say, this is the best vn I've played so far... done one run with fShauna, about to start one with tShauna.... seriously looking forward to see were this story goes... also, Bailey rawks!

Edit: Only issue... my name is Damien... it gets a little confusculating with my teammate.... I know, it's not a common name, but...

Last edited:

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
my first post on here, just had to say, this is the best vn I've played so far... done one run with fShauna, about to start one with tShauna.... seriously looking forward to see were this story goes... also, Bailey rawks!
Glad to hear you like the game and welcome. Once you get through your TShauna run take a look at the game guide on the OP to see what you may have missed. I know I did about 15 or so full play through before I found all the scenes. While most are pretty straight forward (Yes/No) there are a few that are locked to certain decisions.

Hadespawn

Jul 29, 2020
Glad to hear you like the game and welcome. Once you get through your TShauna run take a look at the game guide on the OP to see what you may have missed. I know I did about 15 or so full play through before I found all the scenes. While most are pretty straight forward (Yes/No) there are a few that are locked to certain decisions.
The thing I like about WVM more than others (BADIK, MOTH, SL/PL, etc.) is that, even for a harem game, there isn't a full run, it's up to you who joins the group... it's not a chase for the full game, it's chasing who you want find enticing... if you know what I mean (apologies to the Penny lovers, not my scene, in either version)

Reactions: Krynh

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
The thing I like about WVM more than others (BADIK, MOTH, SL/PL, etc.) is that, even for a harem game, there isn't a full run, it's up to you who joins the group... it's not a chase for the full game, it's chasing who you want find enticing... if you know what I mean (apologies to the Penny lovers, not my scene, in either version)
Oh yeah I know what you mean. I am very picky on who I want to add that is why I have so many play throughs going on. Some are just to update the guide and others are with just my favorites. No worries on Penny I know she is not everyone's favorite (she is my #6 favorite as of the latest version), we typically don't judge who people like or don't like here. Well one exception is Bailey, if you don't like her you might get a visit from the twins.

Hadespawn

Jul 29, 2020
Oh yeah I know what you mean. I am very picky on who I want to add that is why I have so many play throughs going on. Some are just to update the guide and others are with just my favorites. No worries on Penny I know she is not everyone's favorite (she is my #6 favorite as of the latest version), we typically don't judge who people like or don't like here. Well one exception is Bailey, if you don't like her you might get a visit from the twins.
Been meaning to ask, the "Twins"? are they from this game, or a meta retributional manifestation?

also, either way, anyone that doesn't like Bailey deserves whatever form of retribution they get... unless they are holding out for the rainne/bailey thing that obviously should happen... damnit, I blame scotch

Reactions: Uncle Loco

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Been meaning to ask, the "Twins"? are they from this game, or a meta retributional manifestation?

also, either way, anyone that doesn't like Bailey deserves whatever form of retribution they get... unless they are holding out for the rainne/bailey thing that obviously should happen... damnit, I blame scotch
I don't think I could give a proper explanation on the twins. While they are not technically from this game they are an extension of Bailey to a point. The Krypt Angel will have to give you the proper explanation of SB and BB. To me they are the the primary guardian angels of WVM and this forum.

There are a lot of cult followings that have come out of this game and the Cult of Bailey is the most widely known one.

Brovalon

Jan 11, 2020
Oh, top tip for everyone: Hand sanitizer does not make a good substitute for hand lotion.
Good god, man. What have you done to yourself to offer us such a wonderous piece of advice? Do we need to rush you to an emergency room?

Edit: Only issue... my name is Damien... it gets a little confusculating with my teammate.... I know, it's not a common name, but...
Honestly, I get it. I'm Max, and there's always a damn Max in games. In Maou-Sama, Max is the name of the main villain, and now, the hero. In some conversations what's going on is just completely out the window. Or in Taffy Tales - the dog's name is Max, so when they say "Max shit on the lawn.", I think: "I don't remember shitting on the lawn?".

Definitely annoying.

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020

Good god, man. What have you done to yourself to offer us such a wonderous piece of advice? Do we need to rush you to an emergency room?

Honestly, I get it. I'm Max, and there's always a damn Max in games. In Maou-Sama, Max is the name of the main villain, and now, the hero. In some conversations what's going on is just completely out the window. Or in Taffy Tales - the dog's name is Max, so when they say "Max shit on the lawn.", I think: "I don't remember shitting on the lawn?".

Definitely annoying.
That's why I've been using my nickname when playing. Haven't came across any vn's yet with a character named Ace.

Reactions: F1_V10 and Brovalon

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
There are also some funny issues when you choose a name for your MC and then a NPC with that exact name appears later in the story

Reactions: csmk14
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes