KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
theres like 6 little girls like 5 - 8 that think i'm santa clause ,, asking me for some toys .... i said to them they need to be good all year not just before christmas .. and 3 of them said . but we have .. and this like 5 year old said see he is santa .. he knows you guys haven't been good .... my wife and i laughed like mad ..... said this was my last year as santa cause i'm getting to old to be santa anymore .... its someone else's turn to be santa this year :ROFLMAO:
How do you get too old to play Santa? Isn't that kind of in his job description?

So pointless to ask you for a Real Life Jamie this year? Cuz I've been good this year. Well, semi-good. Goodish.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
How do you get too old to play Santa?
my wife and i had to tell them something or they wouldn't have left us alone .. so we told them i had been santa for over 100 years and it was time for me to retire and a younger person to become santa .. funny it actually worked .... :LOL:

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
my wife and i had to tell them something or they wouldn't have left us alone .. so we told them i had been santa for over 100 years and it was time for me to retire and a younger person to become santa .. funny it actually worked .... :LOL:
Well if you're still looking for a replacement, my beard has more than 50 shades of grey (and counting), don't have the paunch yet though, working on it.

Reactions: ImperialD

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

How's it going everyone?

This is mainly a post to share some final details about the update and what you can expect. Including a release date.
(The changelog is for the changes from 0.7.6 to 0.7.7)

Changelog for Day 7 final (Day 7 0.7.7)
1200 new renders
11 new animations
New renders for some earlier scenes in day 7
Slight story changes to earlier scenes in day 7

Official release date:
September 26th (3pm EST)

Why the 26th?

Render work is mostly done. Just a few renders left from this scene and some animations to finish.
Script work still has a bit to go but the bulk of it is done. Just some finer details to revise.
I expect render work to take around 2, maybe 3 more days to finish. And script work to take
around 5-6.
The remaining days are for me to send the update to a few playtesters I know. (I usually do playtesting myself but with an update of this size it seems like a good idea to get some help with it.)
They're also just for me to have a sort of safety blanket in case there are issues that'll take a day or two to fix.
I was aiming for the 18th-23rd but I ended up getting sick and had awful headaches that slowed down script work but I powered through for the renders.

What about Day 8 part 1? Will it be out this month?

With render work on D7 coming to an end in the next few days I plan to start render work on D8 immediately.
I plan to return to smaller consistent updates after D7 so D8p1 will be around 100-140 renders long.
I'm not going to say it will be 100% out by the 30th... but I'm going to try my best to have it out by then.

A few more things

I'm sure there's some curiosity around the changes to earlier scenes in Day 7. I'm willing to go into greater detail about them in the spoilers chat in my discord. (I would talk about them here but I don't want my fellow skim readers to have something spoiled)

Day 7 final introduces many characters which is a controversial topic as WVM already has a very large cast. So I feel I should state that the vast majority of these newly introduced characters are not mainstays for the story. Not to say that they'll never be seen again but they're mainly just background characters. It's hard to explain exactly as I can't do so without getting spoilery but I'll go into more detail once it's out.

I believe that's it. I hope I'm not forgetting anything.

I hope you'll enjoy it.
Love you guys. <3
Definitely going to replay this game from start to finish when the update comes out. It's been a while and I've kinda forgotten most of what happens and who the characters are, but I also think it's just well worth the replay. I've been missing my dear, sweet Shauna so much. :cry: (Cock and all ;))

141-2 - Shauna (WVM).jpg
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
My Dad was the de facto santa of my town for about 30 years before an old back injury made it nearly impossible for him to perform his duties anymore. He had the whole package real beard with natural white hair custom tialor suit even had a sleigh he built himself the whole 9. I hated going out in public with him during the holidays kids would flip out that santa was slumming in in some backwater grocery store and because I'm only 4 and half feet tall they would flip out seeing me thinking I was a fucking elf. I took it in stride when I was younger but during my angsty teen years I got so fed up with it I would occasionally sidle up to them and whisper "That's right kid I'm an elf my name is Cannibilly and I eat the children who get their names on the naughty list"

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
I forgot about that since I chose to ignore the spoilers here and on the discord channel. I don't mind a screen shot or 2 here or there (since most of those don't give anything away) but knowing what is changing kind of ruins it for me. I figure if I have waited this long for the update I can try not to have anything spoiled for me too.
I would agree that most of the spoiler changes the way the game is. The change log is different, it give you the general information that been modified/update that is all it needed. I do not mind some minor screenshots.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Yeah, I thought most of the regulars knew since I've never hidden it and almost exclusively use British English spelling.
I don't pay too much attention to spelling usually. Not many people wiring Aluminium as Aluminum here. :D

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes