I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Since Peter Davison :)
Wow that's Old School even for me. Also probably a little too off-topic even for this crazy environment.

I would like to think Penny is a closet Whovian though. Deffo Ruby. At least, I hope.
Oh shit, you're talking about Peter Davison being old school... my first Doctor was Tom Baker! :eek:

PS I think Shauna is definitely a Whovian, maybe Bailey too! ;)

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
You mean the different between these words?
Tyres <=> Tires
Ares <=> Ass
Gear box <=> Transmission
Yeah and taps<=>faucets
lift<=>elevators

Not sure the Greek God Of War equals a tushy though. Although I HAVE seen some arses I have been willing to go to war for. Jamie's comes to mind.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
The best..I even have have his signed autobiography heh.
I have met him a few times, I also have a picture with him, but I'm not sharing that here. ;) And McCoy, and Capaldi, and the other Baker.
Shauna and Bailey are 100% Whovians but, while Shauna does her research and tracks down the William Hartnell episodes, Bailey is a 10th Doctor Stan.
Tennant is my fave Doctor.

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
Not gonna lie, i'm a Reboot kind of guy. Started with Ecclestone and went from there.

And for me it was always more about the Companions. Who do you think, from WVM, would make the best companions?

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Arse is what us Brits say instead of ass, Ares is the Greek gof of war.

OG poster made a typo, I ran with it :LOL:
What is really interesting to see how compare United Kingdom, Australia, and United States English words. Some of us may say our words are correct and your are incorrect ;)

equus103

Jun 7, 2019
Bonnet ====> Hood
Boot ====> Trunk
Petrol ====> Gas
Bollocks ====> ?????
Hood ====> (Convertible) Top

And yeah, I'd have to go with Tennant. And a tossup between Bad Wolf Rose and Amy Pond for companions. Off-off-off-topic.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Was a baker fan. But the 11th doctor is my doctor. I'm sure Harper shares my taste in doctors. Also Bailey loves some Captain Jack Harkness im sure

Reactions: Kageoni69

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
My Dad was the de facto santa of my town for about 30 years before an old back injury made it nearly impossible for him to perform his duties anymore. He had the whole package real beard with natural white hair custom tialor suit even had a sleigh he built himself the whole 9. I hated going out in public with him during the holidays kids would flip out that santa was slumming in in some backwater grocery store and because I'm only 4 and half feet tall they would flip out seeing me thinking I was a fucking elf. I took it in stride when I was younger but during my angsty teen years I got so fed up with it I would occasionally sidle up to them and whisper "That's right kid I'm an elf my name is Cannibilly and I eat the children who get their names on the naughty list"
i had to shave my beard off .... and cut my hair :ROFLMAO:

Sep 15, 2017
Bonnet ====> Hood
Boot ====> Trunk
Petrol ====> Gas
Bollocks ====> ?????
Hood ====> (Convertible) Top

And yeah, I'd have to go with Tennant. And a tossup between Bad Wolf Rose and Amy Pond for companions. Off-off-off-topic.
I think Bollocks are supposed to equate to either balls or shit, depending on the context.

i.e. "Right in the bollocks" = "right in the balls",
while "Aw, bollocks!" = "Aw, shit!"

I suppose some people say "Aw, balls!" but that's not nearly as common an expression.

Deleted member 1565614

Aug 4, 2019
:devilish:
Oh great this placed turned British...god I got to find a nice American site where they know how to spell
and use proper conversions :p:LOL:
OI! YOU WHAT MATE?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On another note, I have been floating the idea around in my noggin that Rachael has a posh British accent. So far so good.

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
I feel that Rachael has a rather subdued British accent since she has spent so much time traveling and in the Americas.
Near the end of Tom Baker's run and that very long rainbow scarf (7.013metres or 23feet) is when I got hooked. Still kinda waiting for the Doctor to finally regenerate into a ginger like is always joked about each time. However I also know when that does happen, that could very well be the last incarnation of the Doctor.

I can see Shauna liking Tom Baker's version. Jamie seems more of a Peter Davison's Doctor Who fan to me.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes