masteraaran

Jun 10, 2017
If I had to take a guess at Braindrop problems with the crashing I would have to point fingers at one of a few things. Let me preface this by saying that I don't know if he uses GPU or CPU to render, I would have to guess GPU, but...

1. Driver error - double check that the GPU drivers are up to date. However, this would usually result in a BSOD and Event logs, so probably now this.
2. Heat Problems are more likely, as thermal overload can cause a power supply or PC to just shut down - Open the PC Up and do a quick cleaning. Doesn't have to be in-depth, but at least use some compressed air to blow out the fans...
3. Power fluctuation as z2lid mentioned.
4. Some kind of out-of-memory error. I don't know a whole lot about iray, but if using the GPU, most render engines can only use the max memory of the GPU to render. However most of the time this would not cause a hard reboot, it would be a BSOD like a driver error.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Ahh... it hurts seeing the excitement here. I'm really sorry guys but it's going to be one more day. I just had a patreon post about why. I'm sorry I'm letting you guys down.
its like we're standing in line to watch an awesome rock concert ...... and the band is arriving a little late ... still worth the wait .. cause we know the show will be great ... cause we the fans love your work :)

masteraaran

Jun 10, 2017
For me personally, as buccaneer, the official release date is still October, 7, month after BD's BD :rolleyes:
I hope he won't be in too much of a hurry and won't make additional mistakes - I wouldn't want the release to be postponed for another week.
What do you mean by this 'as a buccaneer'?
Do you mean that the F95 release is a week after Braindrop's patreon? I haven't really been part of the thread long enough to know. I played the game for the first time when it was already 0.7.6

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Ok 2 trolls found 2 trolls blocked. Guys please do not respond to them at all. Just ignore and move on. We are here for a game we love and not here to bash anyone. We are here to support BD and his game not entertain the trolls who have nothing better to do than make fun of people for supporting a developer and their game.

Stacy Clone Army1.png

Mr. Grant

Jun 6, 2018
Ahh... it hurts seeing the excitement here. I'm really sorry guys but it's going to be one more day. I just had a patreon post about why. I'm sorry I'm letting you guys down.
In all seriousness? Don't worry about it. We have heard... a lot of lame excuses from devs here over the years. Technical difficulty actually "makes sense". It's not an excuse, but an issue of the trade. One day, especially when dealing with render problems isn't, by any stretch of the imagination, an unreasonable delay.

You keep on doing what you do best Braindrop, it's not like the cult is going to sacrifice anybody over one day... right... right guys?

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
dude seriously theres gonna be like 1000 of us downloading at the same time :ROFLMAO:
You have no idea what happen 3 years ago when was the updates for the biggest 3 games in the same day.So many locked threads:)
I'm interested about the games you mentioned. Can I have the name, please?
Back in 2017 there was exactly 3 big games-DMD,DOD and BB.(Dating my Daughter,Dreams of Desire,Big Brother)

Last edited:

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
If I had to take a guess at Braindrop problems with the crashing I would have to point fingers at one of a few things. Let me preface this by saying that I don't know if he uses GPU or CPU to render, I would have to guess GPU, but...

1. Driver error - double check that the GPU drivers are up to date. However, this would usually result in a BSOD and Event logs, so probably now this.
2. Heat Problems are more likely, as thermal overload can cause a power supply or PC to just shut down - Open the PC Up and do a quick cleaning. Doesn't have to be in-depth, but at least use some compressed air to blow out the fans...
3. Power fluctuation as z2lid mentioned.
4. Some kind of out-of-memory error. I don't know a whole lot about iray, but if using the GPU, most render engines can only use the max memory of the GPU to render. However most of the time this would not cause a hard reboot, it would be a BSOD like a driver error.
All of the above, and my video-card did something similar because it was overclock from the manufacturer and depending on what the game I was playing was using it crashed(normally it was the post-processing AA), and it did crash while doing simple things in Daz as well, I circumvented that by using MSI afterburner and doing a underclock of -37 to my 1080ti.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Honestly you guys think having a difference in opinion than yours is considered a troll? Some people were disappointed but I guess its against TOS or something to express that? Since one of my posts got deleted for expressing that I was disappointed. I didn't say anything badly to BD. But whatever children will be children I guess?
Disappointment is understandable but making fun of people for supporting the developer is not. Also attacking the developer is not either. Most of us understand that delays will and can happen. Also a lot of us understand the developer is a human and not a robot. As a patreon member I am entitled to nothing, I pledge money to show support of a project not to expect anything in return. Just because I donate does not give me the right to demand anything or even think I am a boss over the project like others have said in the past.

If you are upset that there are delays fine but don't put the man down or anyone else here either. If you are going to bash the developer or the fans I feel the need to block since I do not want that negativity. If you display you disappointment in a way that does not bash anyone I am fine with that. I don't remember what you wrote, but I did not identify you as a troll.

Braindrop

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2019
Braindrop
What wattage is your powersupply? Your rig is quite beefy, and when it kicks in to high gear it can spike really high.
This can cause the issues you are having.
1200w

Also thank you to everyone for the kind words. I was feeling very dejected earlier. Reading through here has been a good pick me up. :giggle:

And I feel bad for all of the work the mods have to do in this thread / related to me. I know they get a lot of shit but I hope they know they're appreciated by me. :giggle:

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Also thank you to everyone for the kind words. I was feeling very dejected earlier. Reading through here has been a good pick me up. :giggle:

And I feel bad for all of the work the mods have to do in this thread / related to me. I know they get a lot of shit but I hope they know they're appreciated by me. :giggle:
Don't worry man. We have your back and are fully supportive of everything. We all look forward to the release once you get the kinks worked out. Hang in there, we know it is close and it is killing you that it is not out. Patiently waiting now by doing another play through. Jamie, Stacy, and Shauna will keep me busy until the new update.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Ok so I am doing a play through for fun and a line caught my eye. Apparently Stacy has a car yet we have not seen it or heard anything else about it since the moment below from day 2. Now people have been trying to get me to believe Stacy is a spy working for Ryker for a long time now. Every time I brush it off and say not possible, but this line could it be something or is it actually nothing. Stacy what happened to your car, or is this a dude where's my car kinda thing or maybe just a rental.

Either way Stacy is still one of my favorites and I still don't think she is a spy or anything else odd like that. Just wanted to have some fun while we wait until tomorrow.

Let the spy/conspiracy talk begin.

screenshot0111.png

3.70 star(s) 640 Votes