Sinyu

Jun 13, 2017
I played this game for the first time recently and I really enjoyed it. So many characters! and not just cookie cutter characters that all kind of look the same, they are all unique to themselves. I have never been a fan of 'unnecessary' drama and I consider Ryker as that. The MC already has to deal with Charles, jealous teammate, dangerous people looking for that girl in the basement (forgot her name) and some mysterious individual following the MC.

Doing some reading and searching here I wish devs from other games released small but frequent updates like Braindrop has done so far. Waiting on a game for 2-4 months every update kind of takes away from their games, since you forget most things that have happened in-between updates. I can only imagine how good it would be if one of my favourite games The DeLuca Family gets an update after every main story or side mission is finished.

I'm sorry to hear about your losses this year Braindrop, but keep pushing through, you have a special game here! (and this is coming from someone who doesn't really care about the sexual content) just put Rainn in every update! :ROFLMAO:

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018

One more day

"Brain! You said no more delays in your last post!"
Trust me, I know and I know how much of an ass I look like right now. The simple job of re-rendering those messed up renders turned into something far more annoying. And I'm curious if anyone out there has any clue what might be happening. But first let me explain the one day delay and a few things.

So the reason I need one more day is because there are a handful of renders that whenever I go to render them my PC will reboot right before the render starts. No BSOD, nothing else just a hard instant reboot. It has happened for larger scenes in the past but I had come to the conclusion that was an issue with me maxing out 64GB of ram. But these scenes in particular are pretty simple and only have three characters in them. There's no reason for them to cause any issue. I've been able to circumvent this on a few of them by entering the iray preview before rendering but it's a hit or miss solution. The only completely hit solution I've found is to save the poses of all the characters and background and load them all in a fresh scene which is way more time consuming than before. I really have no clue what could be causing it. I've tried almost everything like deleting objects to see if they're causing issues, updating drivers, checking windows logs, messing with render settings, reseating ram, messing with windows settings. I've googled every error code I could find in the logs and none of those solutions worked. This has given me one massive headache... it's the final obstacle in the way of the update and of course it has to be a bitch to fix.

I'm going to go on and keep doing the long winded solution, I'll have it all finished by tomorrow. Which I know me saying that might cause some eyes to roll after everything so let me put this out there. If there isn't a day 7 final update by the end of September 29th (EST) then I will pause pledges until January and continue to work. That's how certain I am.
Speaking of pausing I'll almost 100% be pausing this month due to this additional time sink. There's pretty much no way I finish D8p1 by the 30th. So yeah, these delays have been a bitch.

I'm once again super sorry. I know I keep getting everyone's hopes up and I know I'm ruining some people's days and it hurts knowing that but this one was really out of my control. If you have any idea of a potential fix then I'm all ears.

Thanks guys. Love you <3
Braindrop You may want to plan down the road to have a second system as a backup. If you do, you may want to have external drive, NAS, or Cloud services to hold your data. Technically the best solution for storage is to use Cloud. NAS would be the secondary best solution. Nothing wrong to have a USB external drive.

Over the decades, I see why most of the graphic designers and developers prefer Apple/Mac systems over PC/Windozes systems. However the cost and software licenses cost so much on the Mac, which drives a number of people to use PCs. Problem with Windozes that you may need to reboot often when you are working on heavy developments such as graphic designing and other multimedia. It does not matter how much RAM and Processor power you have. You have to reboot or do COLD BOOT (power down the system, *optional* unplug power, wait +60 seconds, power on system). Cold Boot helps flush out any data in RAM and Cache to help clean the RAM and Cache to improve the performance.

In future, plan to have a second system... Another word, if you planning to buy a new systems to replace your existing one, then the existing one should be your secondary system. Also contact the software vendor regarding to licensing. Some of them may allow you to install it on your secondary system as a "warm" system in case the primary system is offline. Also I stated about storage above. That is in case the primary system is offline and you need to access your data. Using Cloud technology is good thing to use. Some of them allow your to treat it as a secondary drive and can save files to it almost instant. I have used one of the cloud service as a secondary drive and didn't have any known issue.

When you run into frustration with Windozes, just power down the system (optional, unplug the power) and take a break by enjoying your meal, go for fresh air, watch a movie or TV show. It doesn't have to be few hours break, as long you give yourself 30-60 minute break from the frustration before continuing hat you need to do (mostly if there technical issue)

In future, you may be able to plan to get cloud service for your graphic designing. The prices of having a system from the cloud have been dropping in price that may be cheaper to have than having a physical system. Using cloud service is pay as you use. So if your system need more RAM, CPU, etc. you can increase it when you need to use it, once you are done, you can return to the economical package. When you continue to work on the project, you can increase the RAM, CPU, etc. again. I have seen the Cloud services options from AWS, AZURE, Oracle Cloud, etc. I also have talked to each of them on more depth technical services and making sure how they work. I am not telling you that you need this service, however I do see that in the future that more graphic designers may go this directions because it may provide more virtual hardware to support the job that are needed for them.

Overall, I was just providing few things that you may or may not to plan down the road. I do not expect you to accept opinion or not. Just helping you out what you may want to do down the road.

Have a great day. (y)

Kageoni69

Feb 13, 2018
I played this game for the first time recently and I really enjoyed it. So many characters! and not just cookie cutter characters that all kind of look the same, they are all unique to themselves. I have never been a fan of 'unnecessary' drama and I consider Ryker as that. The MC already has to deal with Charles, jealous teammate, dangerous people looking for that girl in the basement (forgot her name) and some mysterious individual following the MC.

Doing some reading and searching here I wish devs from other games released small but frequent updates like Braindrop has done so far. Waiting on a game for 2-4 months every update kind of takes away from their games, since you forget most things that have happened in-between updates. I can only imagine how good it would be if one of my favourite games The DeLuca Family gets an update after every main story or side mission is finished.

I'm sorry to hear about your losses this year Braindrop, but keep pushing through, you have a special game here! (and this is coming from someone who doesn't really care about the sexual content) just put Rainn in every update! :ROFLMAO:
Rainn is pretty cute. I do hope to see more of her too :) With or without makeup shes cute either way but id have to lean to the No makeup version i just find her to be so much cuter :D

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Ok so I am doing a play through for fun and a line caught my eye. Apparently Stacy has a car yet we have not seen it or heard anything else about it since the moment below from day 2. Now people have been trying to get me to believe Stacy is a spy working for Ryker for a long time now. Every time I brush it off and say not possible, but this line could it be something or is it actually nothing. Stacy what happened to your car, or is this a dude where's my car kinda thing or maybe just a rental.

Either way Stacy is still one of my favorites and I still don't think she is a spy or anything else odd like that. Just wanted to have some fun while we wait until tomorrow.

Let the spy/conspiracy talk begin.

View attachment 836448
i was wondering about that also ... haven't seen her driving it around tho :unsure:

Sinyu

Jun 13, 2017
But please without make-up.
I'm fine either way
Rainn is pretty cute. I do hope to see more of her too :) With or without makeup shes cute either way but id have to lean to the No makeup version i just find her to be so much cuter :D
I feel you. I was drawn to her the first time I saw her in class. Her makeup made her stand out completely from the other characters to me and it proved she didn't care what other people thought, she is doing her, love it or hate it! When she showed up to the party with Bailey she looked like a different person, really cute :D

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kageoni69

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
I'm concerned for The Krypt Angel He's probably gotten the twins primed and ready and now he has to put them back in their cages again, without getting hurt.
SB: We are kind of offended that you think we would ever hurt our Daddy he has us far too well trained for that

BB: We aren't wild animals he keeps in cages either thank you very fucking much :mad:

You do get pretty wild in bed on occasion...:sneaky:

SB: DADDY! *blushes*:eek:

BB: Dunno what yer blushing about sis cuz you know he was talkin about me :devilish:

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
holland time or usa?
and thank u for the quick awnser

AND can we get an update hype going because its going to be an amazing update
I am sure you will hear a lot "high frequency" (commonly female voice) screaming from bunch the guys here who been waiting. I didn't exclude the gals... I am sure there may be some gals may scream, however not as much as the guys...

Reactions: holy beaver

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
The Autobots also had the aerialbots. .

And since I'll be working when update drops this is still applicable. (for me)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Gotta love the Ramones. Saw them live at the Paradiso in Amsterdam during their (what turned out to be) last tour.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As an old-school punk, I am really attracted to Rainne, I love girls who are confident enough to rock the "alt" look and I love girls with piercings, and once she gets some lewd scenes I expect her to sky-rocket up my rankings, even when she seems joined to the hip with Bailey. With or without make-up, she's just too damn cute.

murphy88

Apr 14, 2020
That's why I said that the best thing is not to give dates, the updates should come as a surprise, at most, to predict that it is in a state of testing and that except for last minute objections everything should be ready "in a few days". And if something happens, it was warned in advance, other devs use betatesters and depend on what happens at that stage to run the launch or not.

I like braindrop, I think a guy very close to the community and who cares a lot that things go well and not bother anyone, but should think more about himself and do things calmly, not advance events, just let things flow and when everything is ready is launched and end.

Nov 11, 2019
Why did BD stop doing weekly releases in the first place? I just feel like people would of been more happy with some content rather than no content. He also would of received a lot less hate that way as well. I understand he's pausing his pledges but thats not what people want. He's obviously NOT milking people because he's basically working for free. I just feel like BD took the hard way, content could have been released and he could of had a lot more money in his pocket.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Why did BD stop doing weekly releases in the first place? I just feel like people would of been more happy with some content rather than no content. He also would of received a lot less hate that way as well. I understand he's pausing his pledges but thats not what people want. He's obviously NOT milking people because he's basically working for free. I just feel like BD took the hard way, content could have been released and he could of had a lot more money in his pocket.
Check the faq it has some details as to why.

Reactions: TundraLupus

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Short answer, Real life whacked him really hard. Bit more detail in the FAQ like LocoGringo78 said.

JTakiyaa

Dec 9, 2019
Is BD working on the game alone? If so then I don't think suspending your patreon till January is a good idea man. I get that you have your integrity is getting paid for what you really give. But considering the whole WuFlu and you probably have a job too and to keep up working on shit ton of developing your game. Man, I am just worried for your health since you planned to release update every week. Just take some advice from your pledgers in the thread. They don't mind compensating you. Don't punish yourself too hard dude.

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
Is BD working on the game alone? If so then I don't think suspending your patreon till January is a good idea man. I get that you have your integrity is getting paid for what you really give. But considering the whole WuFlu and you probably have a job too and to keep up working on shit ton of developing your game. Man, I am just worried for your health since you planned to release update every week. Just take some advice from your pledgers in the thread. They don't mind compensating you. Don't punish yourself too hard dude.
I'm pretty sure the whole "suspending Patreon till January" is more of a demonstration of his certainty that he'll have the next update released by the end of the month than anything else ;) he's saying "yeah, I fucked up with the release dates, but no worries, you'll have the update by the end of the month, and I'm so sure on that that I'm willing to bet a meaningless wager on it", the wager here being that he wouldn't accept pledges until January. But he will. Because he's certain that he'll release the next update by the end of the month. And I believe him.

Nov 11, 2019
Short answer, Real life whacked him really hard. Bit more detail in the FAQ like LocoGringo78 said.
Yeah I know that, BD took a well deserved break because of it. I just feel like he caused himself more trouble trying to push out a big update. That in itself can be overwhelming, then you have the haters complaining because it's taking so long, All the while he isn't getting paid.

All of that could of been avoided if he would of kept on the weekly releases in my opinion. I honestly just feel bad for the dude.

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
Yeah I know that, BD took a well deserved break because of it. I just feel like he caused himself more trouble trying to push out a big update. That in itself can be overwhelming, then you have the haters complaining because it's taking so long, All the while he isn't getting paid.
Yeah, well, sure, he talked a lot about that on Patreon (and probably Discord but I'm super inactive there). And he agrees. He's said that he's not happy about this huge release because it's so unmanageable, and so many mistakes can occur, he much prefers his smaller updates. It just was a combination of things that led to him not being able to put out smaller updates because he wouldn't have felt comfortable with it. So he just kept postponing and postponing, but didn't stop working, so the eventual update kept growing bigger and bigger. He's said that he wants to get back to smaller updates, a fortnightly update ideally (since bimonthly is ambiguous), so that he'll be releasing smaller, more manageable updates.

Reactions: Rockstar_Rules
3.70 star(s) 640 Votes