thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
All of that could of been avoided if he would of kept on the weekly releases in my opinion. I honestly just feel bad for the dude.

If you develop a lack of drive due to depression, a weekly update is rather unwise. I know that from my own experience, on some days it is already too much for me to prepare one hot meal a day, not to mention work to be done.

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Yeah I know that, BD took a well deserved break because of it. I just feel like he caused himself more trouble trying to push out a big update. That in itself can be overwhelming, then you have the haters complaining because it's taking so long, All the while he isn't getting paid.

All of that could of been avoided if he would of kept on the weekly releases in my opinion. I honestly just feel bad for the dude.
Try to think about this. Those who had complained a lot about BD, majority of them may be non-paying players. At this moment, I am non-paying player. I rarely ever complain or speak negative to the developers for being late, not communicating, and/or etc. I would like to pitch in, however at this moment, I cannot. However I do post some comments here and there for the developer(s), I do not expect them to respond, do an modification, etc. I also like to help others on certain issues in the game. Overall, I usually try to avoid posting negative things.

Some of us do not understand how each games been develop and the whole process. Someone like Braindrop (BD) is a solo owned developer. He runs his own process of this project. He had stated that this game is a four to six years project. How I see this that this game will be a big game. Also impressive how BD doing all these tasks for the project. Looking at other games, the developers partners with few people to help build the game. There is nothing wrong going either directions. There are always PROS and CONS for solo and team development for game projects.

I am sure that BD is doing his best to get his rhythm back after very months. Give it time and I am sure he will. When that happens, I am sure he would start doing smaller updates that he can release more often. Mean while, we just need to give BD his space and time to recoup his rhythm.

Have a great day. (y)

Pidgeons

Jul 5, 2019
Ahh... it hurts seeing the excitement here. I'm really sorry guys but it's going to be one more day. I just had a patreon post about why. I'm sorry I'm letting you guys down.
Pfft . . . haha . . . hahahahahah! An apology that people have to wait one more day for an update to one of the best (if not THE best--don't know, haven't played them all) harem games on the site. Oh the horror. Well, I didn't even know an update was coming soon. I was just checking this thread like I do from time to time. I'm just over the moon that an update's coming soon at all.

I don't even understand how anyone could know exactly when they'll be finished with an update anyway.

Loved the last update. And that Penny chick (well, if I got the name right. It's been a bit.) She may not be the best looking girl in the game, but I love that whole "
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
" thing. There's a surprising lack of that kind of power-fantasy-realization in erotic VN/games that aren't real life.

Nov 11, 2019
If you develop a lack of drive due to depression, a weekly update is rather unwise. I know that from my own experience, on some days it is already too much for me to prepare one hot meal a day, not to mention work to be done.
I totally agree, but from my understanding he's been back to work in full force for a while now. So he may as well be compensated for all the work he's doing.

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
People who wonder why other people can't work through depression have never experienced clinical depression. It is different from just feeling bad, it sucks your drive, motivation, and everything out of you.
I have know several people are like that. Every once in a while they hit the brick wall and become depressed. When I do see them, I try to communicate positive. Also try hard to listen to what they need to say. Sometime they just need right people to talk to. Few of them just need their space. We just need to give it time to allow them to overcome it.

Have a great day. (y)

Reactions: LN1982
Nov 11, 2019
Try to think about this. Those who had complained a lot about BD, majority of them may be non-paying players. At this moment, I am non-paying player. I rarely ever complain or speak negative to the developers for being late, not communicating, and/or etc. I would like to pitch in, however at this moment, I cannot. However I do post some comments here and there for the developer(s), I do not expect them to respond, do an modification, etc. I also like to help others on certain issues in the game. Overall, I usually try to avoid posting negative things.

Some of us do not understand how each games been develop and the whole process. Someone like Braindrop (BD) is a solo owned developer. He runs his own process of this project. He had stated that this game is a four to six years project. How I see this that this game will be a big game. Also impressive how BD doing all these tasks for the project. Looking at other games, the developers partners with few people to help build the game. There is nothing wrong going either directions. There are always PROS and CONS for solo and team development for game projects.

I am sure that BD is doing his best to get his rhythm back after very months. Give it time and I am sure he will. When that happens, I am sure he would start doing smaller updates that he can release more often. Mean while, we just need to give BD his space and time to recoup his rhythm.

Have a great day. (y)
I'm not a Patron either but I was honestly just expressing my concerns for BD because of the big update and the fact he hasn't been paid in months.

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
One more day.
I think he's overdoing it. It may not be the renders the problem.
It may be too much ram and for so little progress.
No one needs that kind of power. It's not too late to get rid of it.
Technically, developers and graphic designer need high processor/cores and RAM to do their designing. The multimedia (graphic/video/audio) demands a lot. I did a bench-test on someone systems when they were having issue and was able to see why they needed custom system than the traditional systems that been provided to the employees in the company.

Have a great day. (y)

Reactions: TundraLupus

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Loved the last update. And that Penny chick (well, if I got the name right. It's been a bit.) She may not be the best looking girl in the game, but I love that whole "
That sounds like Penny to me. She is one of my favorites too. I loved that car scene it's one of my favorties in the game although the Zoe Pole scene and of course the Pen scene are awesome too. I can't forget about the pool house with Jamie and the party room with Katie. Damn there are some hot lewd scenes in this game.

My animated signature has all my favorites in order starting with Jamie, Stacy, Shauna, Bailey, Alexis, and Penny.

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
I'm not a Patron either but I was honestly just expressing my concerns for BD because of the big update and the fact he hasn't been paid in months.
That is a advantaged as a solo own developer of this game. BD may have reasonable saving over period of time developing this game. BD get 100% of the fund. While other games, it may be split up by smaller percentages. BD should know what his budget is over time and can determine his decision to put the Patron on hold.

I may not agree with that too, however that his BD decision. Weather it is correct or incorrect. BD owns, develop, design, etc. this game. I respect BD decision, I am not going any further discussing this part. ;)

Have a great day. (y)

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
BD has stated several times this is not about the money for him it is about making it because he enjoys doing it. Once I got to see how great of a guy he really is I just had to find a way to support him. He does not deserve all the negative things that have happened to him, and I hope his string of bad luck finally comes to an end, and he can just enjoy making the game again.

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
That sounds like Penny to me. She is one of my favorites too. I loved that car scene it's one of my favorties in the game although the Zoe Pole scene and of course the Pen scene are awesome too. I can't forget about the pool house with Jamie and the party room with Katie. Damn there are some hot lewd scenes in this game.

My animated signature has all my favorites in order starting with Jamie, Stacy, Shauna, Bailey, Alexis, and Penny.
"My animated signature has all my favorites in order starting with Jamie, Stacy, Shauna, Bailey, Alexis, and Penny."

:unsure:It is not good enough, you need to do better. :cautious:

Nov 11, 2019
BD has stated several times this is not about the money for him it is about making it because he enjoys doing it. Once I got to see how great of a guy he really is I just had to find a way to support him. He does not deserve all the negative things that have happened to him, and I hope his string of bad luck finally comes to an end, and he can just enjoy making the game again.
I understand that completely, but a man has to make a living as well. I don't post here much but when I do i'm really just trying help the guy. As soon as I saw he might pause his pledges again I just felt like I had to talk him out of it lol.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I have attempted to make a few of my own signatures, but I just never like how they turn out in the long run. I had someone else make it custom for me, same with the Stacy solo one I have as well. Since I talk about those 6 characters the most here and wanted to give them some love. Sure Jamie, Shauna and Bailey probably get the most love here by the regulars. Alexis and Penny not so much and Stacy is hit or miss with a lot of people. Jamie is my favorite all around character for what she brings to the story, but Stacy is my obsession. I love that redheaded goddess, and I can't wait to see her in all her glory whenever BD feels it is her time to shine.

Deleted member 1565614

Aug 4, 2019

*Penny senses, tingling*

I think that I've made it clear that Penny is my #1 by this point. She's just so sweet, and I see a kind of kindred spirit in her and Shauna. Both are dealing with some self-esteem issues, and it feels great to help them break out of the shell/funk they're in. Plus, Penny is one of the girls that just happens to click with MC and wasn't really a part of the established circle of connections like some of the others.

and she drives a classic Beatle, which is awesome.
:love::love::love:

Pidgeons

Jul 5, 2019
That sounds like Penny to me. She is one of my favorites too. I loved that car scene it's one of my favorites in the game although the Zoe Pole scene and of course the Pen scene are awesome too. I can't forget about the pool house with Jamie and the party room with Katie. Damn there are some hot lewd scenes in this game.

Jamie's definitely my favorite, but for once in a VN, there's not a single girl I don't like. Best looking, and wants you to sleep with everyone.

Oh, wait, I forgot the old-ass doctor. Didn't sleep with her so I kinda forgot she existed. Original Rainn is a close second appearance-wise (I don't know if the new makeup-less look is going to be permanent. She doesn't look bad without it but that does change her appearance ranking for me.) Shauna is a close second personality-wise. It's hard for me to rate the girls after that.

I would love to see erotic content with Willow, but with what's already been canonically established in the story, and certain issues that could cause, I'm trying not to get my hopes up about that.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I understand that completely, but a man has to make a living as well. I don't post here much but when I do i'm really just trying help the guy. As soon as I saw he might pause his pledges again I just felt like I had to talk him out of it lol.
Trust me a lot of his patreon members keep telling him to not pause it any more too.

3.70 star(s) 640 Votes