MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
2)Is Trans Shauna canon?
Braindrop hasn't ever answered the question in these terms, and I doubt he would. He has said that Shauna was trans-only at first and he added the other option right before release, but that doesn't translate to "canon" because ultimately the story continues with both officially, and as such, both are canonical. A third party did not patch in female Shauna after the fact. Best way to look at it? Alternate universes.

That goes for any choice the game allows you to make. I think if MC having 137 kids in the next game year were to be declared canon, lemon might start a riot. Likewise for Krypt if canonically MC turned down anything to do with Bailey. Canon/not-canon is the wrong way to look at it. Trans Shauna is the original design, but in addition to the upcoming rewrite in the Week 1 version (whenever that happens), there is still plenty of story left for the two identities to diverge in interesting ways (not the least of which is the possibility of getting FS pregnant). I doubt Braindrop wants to go overboard there, but like with any choice you can make there is opportunity for additional story to explore not just appealing to differing sexual preferences

tl;dr canon is the choices you've made all along

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
Braindrop hasn't ever answered the question in these terms, and I doubt he would. He has said that Shauna was trans-only at first and he added the other option right before release, but that doesn't translate to "canon" because ultimately the story continues with both officially, and as such, both are canonical. A third party did not patch in female Shauna after the fact. Best way to look at it? Alternate universes.

That goes for any choice the game allows you to make. I think if MC having 137 kids in the next game year were to be declared canon, lemon might start a riot. Likewise for Krypt if canonically MC turned down anything to do with Bailey. Canon/not-canon is the wrong way to look at it. Trans Shauna is the original design, but in addition to the upcoming rewrite in the Week 1 version (whenever that happens), there is still plenty of story left for the two identities to diverge in interesting ways (not the least of which is the possibility of getting FS pregnant). I doubt Braindrop wants to go overboard there, but like with any choice you can make there is opportunity for additional story to explore not just appealing to differing sexual preferences

tl;dr canon is the choices you've made all along
WVMs first release only had tShauna.

Shauna being trans is canon for now, her character is written as trans in the earlier days, female Shauna's story is just a watered down version of the trans story. Once week 1 rework comes out and fShauna gets her own identity then there will be no canon version.

• Red Heart
Reactions: The ArcKnight

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
WVMs first release only had tShauna.
On any channel I've seen it appear from August 2019, the choice is mentioned early in the comments, and nothing about being added. If that build was officially released, it doesn't appear to have gone far and as such, it can still be classified as a "near instant" change, faster even than MC's dick size. But I concede I have never seen that build and can't verify either way, so I will take your word that it was released as such. Certainly I acknowledged the change was made in the 11th hour regardless.

Shauna being trans is canon for now, her character is written as trans in the earlier days, female Shauna's story is just a watered down version of the trans story
The vast majority of the text was written after that change. And again, it's an official release that contains both paths, so they are both "canon", just like MC's dick is now canonically smaller and Tali is now canonically not a client. FS's canonical backstory might change once the Week 1 release is out, but both routes as they stand are still canon as long as it is Brain writing both.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
On any channel I've seen it appear from August 2019, the choice is mentioned early in the comments, and nothing about being added. If that build was officially released, it doesn't appear to have gone far and as such, it can still be classified as a "near instant" change, faster even than MC's dick size. But I concede I have never seen that build and can't verify either way, so I will take your word that it was released as such. Certainly I acknowledged the change was made in the 11th hour regardless.
This thread wasnt created until August 30th. The first version was released on Patreon and Reddit on the 26th. This page never saw the first release since BD added the fShauna option a couple of days after the first version after people requested it so fShauna was an afterthought.

Last edited:

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
This thread wasnt created until August 30th. The first version was released on Patreon and Reddit on the 26th. This page never saw the first release since BD added the fShauna option a couple of days after the first version.
I assume he deleted those posts on Patreon then? Well, like I said, even taking that into account the conclusion doesn't change because this is still the version we have now and what we've had for a over a year, just like every other modification that has happened in later releases. The key point is just that as it's an official release with the official content and the choice is given officially to the player and requires no third party interference.

I don't understand the intent behind emphasizing TS as "canon" other than to denigrate those that chose otherwise. You already see people using terms like "real version" and "bastardized version" for what purpose? Again, no third party was needed to modify it, it exists as it was officially released. It might not be finalized, but what aspect in this game is finalized truly? What exists is capable of changing, but as long as it exists in the "newest revision" it remains official and valid.

qwsl

Jan 10, 2020
i noticed a big change how you meet Tali <skip> anyone know why BD took that part out?
if this is not changed, then at the end of 771 there would have been a epic war between groups: the one that wants to return the princess, the gangsters who are behind the kidnapping of Riker's uncle and "Charlie's Angels" - the Heart sect for the opportunity to kill MC and his harem and kidnap the princess - Imagine how difficult it would be to create a scene in DAZ given its limitations? Although I still think that there are some ways to make combined scenes with a large number of characters - either by creating pre-rendered images, mapped over flat objects and placed in layers, or using plug-in proxy scenes as is work in 3D MAX from Autodesk or reducing mesh quality

0ffspring

Sep 20, 2017
I feel like I'm the only one who loves Cedy?
I know Willow was a bitch before but that was before we knew about our connection! Look at how good of a sis she is!
(Though I still want to pound that ass like it owes me money)
You ABSOLUTELY aren't the only one... I actually liked her even before we knew who she really is...
and OH MY GOD is she fucking cute since we know who she is... some of those renders are so damn adorable that you have to fall in love with her (and those green eyes :love:)

Braindrop

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2019
Oh, I've been meaning to comment on the whole canon / not canon situation for a bit. So thank you guys for bringing it up. :giggle:

Yes, it is true that the first release of WVM had no option to make Shauna female. Yes it is true that I regret not making the backstory more distinct for both of them. (Hence the re-write in Week 1 version). No it is not true that one is the "True playthrough".

I won't go on again about how I almost never released that first version of WVM but I will mention that early feedback showed interest in having a choice. As I hope to have shown up to this point I'm receptive of feedback and how I handle it is I'll challenge my own view on the matter and I'll try to keep an open mind. After thinking it over if I ultimately like the idea then I'll change things. I've never once changed something that I didn't want to change no matter how many people wanted it to change. (Fuck Voss hair still ;))
For this reason everything in the game is canon. Your playthrough no matter how many or how few girls your with is completely canon. There's no point where everything comes together and everything before doesn't matter.

Another reason one isn't "canon" over the other is their story lines are very much identical. One version doesn't detract from another. They both exist and are both completely legitimate.

Unlike the recent Tali changes... I received feedback that I ultimately agreed with about her introduction so I changed it. Her story path hasn't changed one bit though, she was always going to be a girl the MC helps adjust to a normal life. She was always the same character and nothing has changed about that except her introduction. Her story from here on out remains the same. That's really the only example I can give of something becoming non-canon... it getting changed / removed. :LUL:

Just because something exists first doesn't make it canon. Is essentially what I'm getting at here.

If you play the trans route... more power to you.
If you play the female route... more power to you.

The choice is there so you can have an optimal experience and no one should look down or frown upon others for playing whatever version they want to play. You like whatever you like and as long as you don't shit on others for what they like then there's no problem. At least in my eyes anyway. :giggle:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

The vast majority of the text was written after that change. And again, it's an official release that contains both paths, so they are both "canon", just like MC's dick is now canonically smaller and Tali is now canonically not a client. FS's canonical backstory might change once the Week 1 release is out, but both routes as they stand are still canon as long as it is Brain writing both.
I don't think you understand what 'canon' means. Saying both are canon because you can choose either is... the entire concept of canon in a game only makes sense when there are choices you can make. It has nothing to do with things like dick size that you don't choose at all. And it isn't something up for debate either; we can say that female Shauna's story following trans Shauna's even when it doesn't make the most sense makes it look like trans Shauna is canon, but that isn't proof. If BD made a sequel where MC was with some of the girls and just friends with others then you could say that those choices were canon in the first game, but other than that the only way to know which is canon is what he says it is.

Reactions: DA22

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
I was going to post a youtube video of the first season intro of the show Prison Break, but F95 won't let me.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You like whatever you like and as long as you don't shit on others for what they like then there's no problem. At least in my eyes anyway. :giggle:
So I can't call people heartless for turning down Bailey or Stacy? :D

Last edited:

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Oh, I've been meaning to comment on the whole canon / not canon situation for a bit. So thank you guys for bringing it up. :giggle:

Yes, it is true that the first release of WVM had no option to make Shauna female. Yes it is true that I regret not making the backstory more distinct for both of them. (Hence the re-write in Week 1 version). No it is not true that one is the "True playthrough".

I won't go on again about how I almost never released that first version of WVM but I will mention that early feedback showed interest in having a choice. As I hope to have shown up to this point I'm receptive of feedback and how I handle it is I'll challenge my own view on the matter and I'll try to keep an open mind. After thinking it over if I ultimately like the idea then I'll change things. I've never once changed something that I didn't want to change no matter how many people wanted it to change. (Fuck Voss hair still ;))
For this reason everything in the game is canon. Your playthrough no matter how many or how few girls your with is completely canon. There's no point where everything comes together and everything before doesn't matter.

Another reason one isn't "canon" over the other is their story lines are very much identical. One version doesn't detract from another. They both exist and are both completely legitimate.

Unlike the recent Tali changes... I received feedback that I ultimately agreed with about her introduction so I changed it. Her story path hasn't changed one bit though, she was always going to be a girl the MC helps adjust to a normal life. She was always the same character and nothing has changed about that except her introduction. Her story from here on out remains the same. That's really the only example I can give of something becoming non-canon... it getting changed / removed. :LUL:

Just because something exists first doesn't make it canon. Is essentially what I'm getting at here.

The choice is there so you can have an optimal experience and no one should look down or frown upon others for playing whatever version they want to play. You like whatever you like and as long as you don't shit on others for what they like then there's no problem. At least in my eyes anyway. :giggle:
Hey dude since i realy like your game i do have only one q, : Will i be not able to do anything bad (sexy) with Azel? One guy had confirmed me before that Azel is out of picture cause of patreon rules but if i can get your confirmation.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
So I had a few questions:-
1)Can anybody explain Natalie's Childhood story? Quite confusing why was she kidnapped
2)Is Trans Shauna canon?
3)Has Veronica's backstory been explored?
4)Also when are we going to kill Kenji?
Ok while others have given facts I will go into my theory on a few of these.

1. I have said this in the past, but I think Natalie was kidnapped by her father. There was some fallout between Harper and her husband, but we don't know what it was. So my thought all along was her dad kidnapped her and just drove until he ran out of gas. He gave up and went to jail. Just my opinion and I do not have facts to go on for this one.
    [*]It appears that way, and as others have stated the original game only had the transgender female option, female option was added later. I like the transgender option for the storyline the best, but I typically play most of my sessions with her as a female.
    [*]Nope, and other than there is something to do with Charles not much else is known. At one point I thought she may quit and that would be the way to romance her, but now I think that will change as I am pretty sure Charles is out, Lauren or someone from the charity will take his place. It also wouldn't surprise me if the dress code changes after Charles is out too.
    [*]I will be honest I don't want to kill kenji or any of the other idiots in the game. I would like to hear that they are suffering, maybe the damage from the car will prevent them from walking ever again, and then they all go to jail.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
i noticed a big change from the 7.7 update .. how you meet Tali ... its been changed ... ( when Rachael shows you her on the phone and asks you questions about if you want to knock her up .. remember ? )
that part has been taken out .. when Rachael wants to show you a pic of the house ... anyone know why BD took that part out ?
i don't mean anything bad by asking .. BD can do what he wants .. just am curious as to why it got changed ?
My guess is that BD didn't like all the negative feedback on how the original direction went. I really like the new direction, and I think I was one of the few that didn't have an issue with the old direction. New direction seems like it will be a lot more fun and be able to bring in new faces to the house without worries like the old way. Before I realized this change happened I was freaking out when Ryker said to go find Stacy where ever she is and bring her to the hideout too. I thought for sure something would have impacted Tali as well if that happened.

Reactions: ImperialD

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I know Willow was a bitch before but that was before we knew about our connection! Look at how good of a sis she is!
Fake news. I absolutely love Cedy now. She has quickly become one of my favorite characters after this update I fell in love even more. She is probably in my top 5 now, if I did another ranking list.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Good, cause I definitely kept reading all the hate for her after the most recent update. I honestly think she's been super cute. Which makes me both happy she's our sis and also very angry she's our sis be cause 1. LOVED the idea of Stacy being our sis. and 2. It makes me want to fuck her more! DAMN YOU PATREON!
Most hate for characters like Azel, Cedy and Wendy are due to the fact they are off limits with Patreon rules, and BD won't make changes to his story to make them landlady or tenants or something else stupid. I fully support those characters being off limits and will wait for a future patch by an evil modder down the road. Hopefully Stacy does not get added to this list as well.

Taureum

Jul 1, 2018
Fake news. I absolutely love Cedy now. She has quickly become one of my favorite characters after this update I fell in love even more. She is probably in my top 5 now, if I did another ranking list.
Could totally see when MC and Cedy meet the first time after MC is back by the Girls, that Cedy would put Second Glue at her hand and Grab MC's Hand. Simply to not be apart again. :LOL::LOL:

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
too slow old man :p I beat you to it :ROFLMAO:

And yes trans Shauna is canon BD has said more than once he added the female option as more of an afterthought to widen appeal knowing she wasn't optional
yeah yeah .... i forgot .. after i posted this .. and had a decent sleep last night .. i remembered .. seems my memory is shit late night ... ok more than late night :p

Reactions: thorin0815

Jackie123

May 2, 2018
I cant be the only one that thinks tali looks waaaay to young for her to be 32... im always thinking shes a teen man hahaha

• Wow
Reactions: ImperialD

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019

thank you for that clarification .. BD you rock as always (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes