Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Ok let me break things down a little on why I am torn, and then you all can rip me a new one afterwards. Ok we know like the MC, Damien is trying to do whatever possible to keep his family safe. Is it the best choice no, but he decided protecting the ones he loves was more important than his dumb actions. Hmmm sounds familiar to me I wonder why that is. Oh yeah the MC did the same thing he decided to protect the ones he loves and cares about by jumping into a fight where the odds are stacked against him. Now you can argue this is not the same thing, as what Damien did but both actions were dumb. MC admitted it to Skye and she forgave him, why can't Damien do the same thing?
The difference for me is the MC did something stupid but didn't hurt anyone besides those attacking. Damien betrayed the MC by pretending to be his friend. Hell he even said he was going for the best friend spot on day 1. The MC would need to betray someone like Rachel for his actions to be equal to Damien's. You can't compare the two.

Edit.
All this talk about Damien getting a second third fourth chance and he didn't do anything make me wonder. I find it similar to a lot of writing in games here with so called friends that end up backstabbing the MC's in some way or in NTR games steal the LI's. All this makes me wonder if some of these people, posters and dev's have ever really had a true friend.

This is not an indictment on anyone specifically or anything like that, just my thoughts that run away from me. Honestly I've been very lucky with people in my life and I'm actually fairly quick to trust and give people the benefit of doubt, but if I was ever betrayed in real life like this, that person would be cut out without any chance of redemption. Sure I'd forgive them and probably pretty quickly, but I'd never forget and never give them another chance, they'd be forgiven but out my life.

By friends I mean the kind of friends that will answer the phone at 22:00 and drop everything, no questions asked, because your brother is missing and will spend the next 5 hours running around with you to his place, the police station, hospital and morgue, sitting with you in the parking lot in the worse part of town for 2 hours at 2am waiting for the morgue attendants to return from a collection on the off chance you brother is there and when they finally show up, bribe, threaten, beg and persuade them to give you a chance to look at the one guy who might match that description and when they wheel him out onto the pavement because they won't let you in to look and you discover it is your brother, they are there to comfort you even though no words can at the moment. So when your world comes crashing down at 3:30am in a dirty parking lot, in a scummy part of town in the armpit of the city looking the corpse of your brother being treated without any dignity or concern by callous porters they are there for you without any thought or regard for whatever shit they have going on it there lives or the fact they have to be at work in 4 hours and didn't get any sleep or ... (this is a true story, not my brother, I was one of the 3 supporting my friend)

So when you have friends like that, and you see these pathetic examples in the games and they way people defend the shitty examples of friends I makes me wonder if people have real friends. Skye and Aiden are way better friends than anyone else on the team has been. It almost makes me feel bad because I've all but ignored both of them as much as possible, yet always gone with friendlier options with Damien.

Edit 2. Don't know where all that came from or how strongly I felt about it, it just kinda kept flowing for a bit.

Last edited:

BeoWoolF

Apr 17, 2020
I was still sold on giving him another chance until we got more information during day 8 part 1.

Now until I hear Damien's side or BD comes here himself and tells me Gorg and Damien are complete assholes and neither deserve another chance at anything I am still giving them the benefit of maybe just maybe they were trying to help in little ways.

I expect to be called an idiot or people saying this is all dumb and Damien is an asshole for not doing anything.
Nah, yer an Idiot, but not for that ;)

I am mostly with you here.

My guess is that he dug a hole too deep to look out from and somehow tries to get through the clusterfuck avoiding as much damage as he can without getting on Rykers shitlist.
With the things he already did and we know of, plus maybe some more we do not, Ryker will have enough on him to pressure him.
As with Gorg, we just do not know enough yet to have "proof". Had to go awol not to blow his cover? Possible so...
Am I pissed with Damien? Hell yes. More so for the way he treats Jasmine. Irredeemable. I somehow hope not.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
I was confused too, but there is never a bad time for a lil' bit of Emily :love: so I'm happy.
I definetly agree with you , never a bad time for a lil bit of Emily, I was just confused what does Emily have to do with WVM :p that's all :d

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I definetly agree with you , never a bad time for a lil bit of Emily, I was just confused what does Emily have to do with WVM :p that's all :d
She's a fan and has been playing it in the office now she can't tan on the yacht anymore.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
The difference for me is the MC did something stupid but didn't hurt anyone besides those attacking. Damien betrayed the MC by pretending to be his friend. Hell he even said he was going for the best friend spot on day 1. The MC would need to betray someone like Rachel for his actions to be equal to Damien's. You can't compare the two.

Edit.
All this talk about Damien getting a second third fourth chance and he didn't do anything make me wonder. I find it similar to a lot of writing in games here with so called friends that end up backstabbing the MC's in some way or in NTR games steal the LI's. All this makes me wonder if some of these people, posters and dev's have ever really had a true friend.

This is not an indictment on anyone specifically or anything like that, just my thoughts that run away from me. Honestly I've been very lucky with people in my life and I'm actually fairly quick to trust and give people the benefit of doubt, but if I was ever betrayed in real life like this, that person would be cut out without any chance of redemption. Sure I'd forgive them and probably pretty quickly, but I'd never forget and never give them another chance, they'd be forgiven but out my life.

By friends I mean the kind of friends that will answer the phone at 22:00 and drop everything, no questions asked, because your brother is missing and will spend the next 5 hours running around with you to his place, the police station, hospital and morgue, sitting with you in the parking lot in the worse part of town for 2 hours at 2am waiting for the morgue attendants to return from a collection on the off chance you brother is there and when they finally show up, bribe, threaten, beg and persuade them to give you a chance to look at the one guy who might match that description and when they wheel him out onto the pavement because they won't let you in to look and you discover it is your brother, they are there to comfort you even though no words can at the moment. So when your world comes crashing down at 3:30am in a dirty parking lot, in a scummy part of town in the armpit of the city looking the corpse of your brother being treated without any dignity or concern by callous porters they are there for you without any thought or regard for whatever shit they have going on it there lives or the fact they have to be at work in 4 hours and didn't get any sleep or ... (this is a true story, not my brother, I was one of the 3 supporting my friend)

So when you have friends like that, and you see these pathetic examples in the games and they way people defend the shitty examples of friends I makes me wonder if people have real friends. Skye and Aiden are way better friends than anyone else on the team has been. It almost makes me feel bad because I've all but ignored both of them as much as possible, yet always gone with friendlier options with Damien.

Edit 2. Don't know where all that came from or how strongly I felt about it, it just kinda kept flowing for a bit.
Not only because I agree with you once again, but for the fact that I totally can relate to your words; that was a hell of a post.

This character "triggered me" for lack of better words. Your post helped put some of it in context for me. Thanks for sharing it.

Reactions: csmk14 and Naxos

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Why is it that if I refuse to give moon an interview she keeps saying that we have a pending interview?
Probably because BD just didn't remember to add an alternative text for that case. Sometimes I feel he's so focused with deadlines and invested in the story he wants to tell that he forgets to address some minor details to cover all the options he has given us before. He has a perfect, "canon" path in his mind and his narrative fits it perfectly, but when you explore this kind of minor branches you can get some little odd moments like this one

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Probably because BD just didn't remember to add an alternative text for that case. Sometimes I feel he's so focused with deadlines and involved in the story he wants to tell that he forgets to address some minor details to cover all the options he has given us before. He has a perfect, "canon" path in his mind and his narrative fits it perfectly, but when you explore this kind of minor branches you can get some little odd moments like this one
Damnit i liked my ditzy excuse better. Bah damn logic. :p

• Haha
Reactions: DA22 and moskyx

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Bit late to the Damien party,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't think it's ever too late to comment on any of characters. In fact in my mind there is only ONE subject that people keep discussing that should be buried (atleast 'til after the vn is finished).

I find all the crazy and sane posts about the characters to be entertaining

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Bit late to the Damien party (well people need to sleep as well:p),
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
i have not thought of that tbh....and you are abso fucking lootly right ...that could have been one of the things that at LEAST looked like he was trying to redeem himself.
110% agree

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes