BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
She's there a year early, most people enter post secondary, aka college/university at 18, UNLESS everyone else is 19 when they start at WVM, which sounds weird, then starting a year early would make her 17, but I am assuming she'll turn soon under this premise. The only other thing that would make sense is she lost a year of school, maybe dealing with why her mom isn't around anymore, and she got bumped to go to WVM now.
That's not a proof of high intelect...maybe she started school a year earlier than others?
Sorry..as of now there's no evidence to sustain your claim :p

Reactions: Pizzapockets

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Ok I have not done a question of the day in a while so here is one. Why do you think Stacy was sent to WVM a year early?

View attachment 888087

Do you think she is actually a year younger than the MC or is it possible she was supposed to have a gap year before college, or maybe something different altogether? Personally I think is has something to do with Heart for Hope, I still think Margaret is one of the other controlling members and she is the M in WVM. The only thing that may cause concern is Stacy is in the house so unless Belle has not seen her there yet you would think she would know about Stacy.
She's a genius, it would also go some way to explain her social awkwardness

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Ok I have not done a question of the day in a while so here is one. Why do you think Stacy was sent to WVM a year early?

View attachment 888087

Do you think she is actually a year younger than the MC or is it possible she was supposed to have a gap year before college, or maybe something different altogether? Personally I think is has something to do with Heart for Hope, I still think Margaret is one of the other controlling members and she is the M in WVM. The only thing that may cause concern is Stacy is in the house so unless Belle has not seen her there yet you would think she would know about Stacy.
i'm thinking its because Margaret knew you had pledged to goto WVM that she wanted to send Stacy there in hope she would meet MC

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I still don't think that WVM stands for the trio's names, it's just a coincidence. I'm sure they implied that they had only taken over the school relatively recently, and I think it unlikely that they would rename it like that. Especially if them being in charge is supposed to be a secret; "OK students, our school is now changing its name to WVM. What does WVM stand for? We can't tell you that."
Well they did change from the nukes to the stars so it is possible that they also change the name of the school. We also have no defined time-line as to when they took over the school. Just saying that the evidence is lining up for WVM, and it is also odd that BD never said what WVM stands for.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Or he could have been waiting until now to tell us via the story.
yes or another possibility could also mean nothing there's always a chance for something like this to happen.
I'm not saying it doesn't mean something I'm saying it could be true.there's a possibility :p

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
While playing, I assumed that Stacy coming a year early to WVM was because she planned and waiting a year after graduating High School. Maybe get a job and help her grandmother out while figuring out which school to go to. Then when the MC decides to go to WVM, the grandmother convinces Stacy to not wait before going to college and to go the WVM.

Dazzier31

Jul 24, 2019
My original train of thought back when BD was still dangling the sister carrot over our heads was she got sent a year sooner because the the news that the MC was going to be there this year. Now that that's not a thing tho her grandmother being the M makes the most sense tho it doesn't fully explain bumping up the time table. As far as Belle foes fi Margaret is is indeed part of HoH it's possible she was keeping Stacy in the dark about her work for whatever reason and told Belle not to make a big thing out of it if/when she met her.
Crazy theory time: While Stacy and Margaret might not be family, that doesn't mean they can have a deeper connection to the MC. How about... Stacy and MC being childhood friends who have forgotten each other? And since they used to play together, makes sense that their mothers would meet right? So Wendy and Margaret are aware of each other, Margaret is in Lungs of Love and thus more aware of a lot of things, if we continue with the theory that Margaret (or Hope) was the one who found Tali, then that means the organization goes back a long time, so Margaret suddenly hears through the organization that the sweet kid who used to play with his "daughter" all the time, who has had a crappy backstory as it is, is now an orphan of sorts, she tries to look into it (or maybe adopt him herself, details are not important in a theory likely to be wrong) and notes that there is a woman already interested in giving the kid a home, so she decides to help with that, basically using her connections to streamline the process (maybe even being the one who recommended Azel to Racheal? My memory is kinda fuzzy on if she was working there at the time she adopted the MC or she started later).

How does this explain the whole Stacy being bumped a year? Well, M has connections and Stacy must be pretty smart herself, shouldn't be too hard to bump the kid a year in order for her to join college around the same time her childhood friend is supposed to go to college. Also gives a deeper reason as to why Margaret was so insistent about meeting MC... but then again, could be the previously stated, totally normal reason.

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
I still think that perhaps names have more meaning than we know. For example, Saint Margaret is the patron saint of expectant mothers. Zoe is a Hellenistic translation of Eve, who lead Adam into sin. Veronica is the Latin alteration of Berenice, the woman (later sanctified) who wiped down Jesus' face.

Stacy could refer to Anastasia. Perhaps Saint Anastasia, who was a healer and an excorcist, so maybe BD is setting her up as the one who purges MC's inner demons. OR there's another Anastasia who was rather famous for having a tragedy in her family, before wandering around as an amnesiac, before returning to claim her birth-right (spoiler, it didn't end well).

I'd run the rest of the cast names through the name-grinder, but I'm kinda worn from binge-watching "Barbarians" on Netflix (8/10 would recommend).

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes