TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Hi, yall, sorry to bother, I just wanted to make a note that I edited my review of this game and I'm pretty sure some people won't like it, so if you liked the previous one, well I suggest you read the edit and take away your "like" I wouldn't want your name praising something you don't agree with, at least I wouldn't want mine, sorry if this is OT. If you want me to provide easy access just tell me how.

• Angry
Reactions: HoboCop86

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

Day 8 part 3 will be out on the 15th, so a one day delay.

Nothing has went wrong necessarily, work has been solid and despite me having to make many scenes for not many renders in those scenes I still have a solid amount to show for it.
So why the extra day?

It's a little silly, I have a few animations left to render.
I tend to render animations last, as with normal renders I can get more work done elsewhere without scattering things out. I write as I render so rendering animations tends to halt that and I work much better when I follow a flow.
That being said I do make the animations whenever they happen, I just don't render right away. What I do is I will run a test render of a frame near the middle and see how long it takes and then multiply that time by how many frames there are and then make sure I have the time to render them.
The time for these were both around 28 minutes so I made the time for them but in actual practice they're taking around 40-45 minutes each.

This is the first time I've had the time change this much, though it has taken somewhat longer in the past. It's all the same render settings and everything else is running fine and render times elsewhere are normal.
So I'll chalk it up to either Daz being fucky or I just fucked up somewhere. Both are equally possible.

So yeah, I'm sorry about that. Not the ideal start to my consistency return but I'm not too disheartened by it honestly. I've had a few solid weeks of good and consistent work despite covid fatigue. I've worked my butt off and the error wasn't me not living up to my expectations but just an increase in render time and that's just something that can happen.

I hope you guys understand, and all other dates on the November schedule remain unchanged. If I miss the release window of the second monthly release I'll hit the pause button for pledges again. The only reason I unpaused is because I knew I would be back to my normal self this month. Which so far I have been, this is just a fluky 1 day delay. I just want you guys to know that I know I've been hella inconsistent and have had way too many delays recently... good reasons or not.

In good news I think it's a good update.
In bad news the updates I think are good tend to be ones people have problems with

I hope you all will like it anyway
Update will be out on the 15th as soon as the animations finish. I'll post a solid time in discord when I have a better idea as I'm not sure if the second animation will take as long.

Thank you guys <3

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
First off thank you to everyone that reached out with PM's or tagged me in a post. I have been away from F95 for a few days based on a personal decision. I don't want to get into the details again so we can all leave that in the past. I will respond to all the PM's I have when I get some time. Today I wanted to just update the FAQ.

I will be back to posting my thoughts and theories after the new update. As I am looking forward to some new content.

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
First off thank you to everyone that reached out with PM's or tagged me in a post. I have been away from F95 for a few days based on a personal decision. I don't want to get into the details again so we can all leave that in the past. I will respond to all the PM's I have when I get some time. Today I wanted to just update the FAQ.

I will be back to posting my thoughts and theories after the new update. As I am looking forward to some new content.
ahem I'd uh... brace yerself bro...

*SB runs full speed and tackles her Uncle Loco in tight hug*

SB: We really really missed you :( I say we cuz sis is too much of a bitch to admit it herself

BB: Fuck you! I shouldn't have to say it *blush*

SB: Aw yer cute when yer embarrassed

BB: *growl* just wait till we're in bed later...you'll pay

SB: wooo sound fun can't wait *giggle*

D0n0v4n

Jan 7, 2020
Hi guys just want to find out if you can join the discord server even if not a patron please and thank you

qwsl

Jan 10, 2020
BD, dude, listen to your patron:
Stuart
The only problem I see here is you setting yourself really tight deadlines and then feeling bad when you miss them by even the smallest margin. My advice (totally unsolicited I know)... build yourself some slack into your schedule to smooth out unexpected delays and accept that we really don’t mind if you don’t hit the specific dates you set. We’re all here because you’re making an amazing game... it’s that quality that keeps us here, not a release schedule b
stop worrying about 1-2 days - other developers miss the deadlines much more and more often and for longer periods, but they do not experience any moral problems and only you and Killer7 worry all the time about the little things - stop pushing yourself, in the long run it will undermine you and lead to stress and neuroses = make you an easy target for illness

#Keep calm and don't be too hard on yourself!

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Welcome back, hope surgery went well and recovery goes great. :)

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes